Forum › Posts by Hollows

Hollows
Dear NOMAN discussion 04 Oct 12:42
Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Well, this is sadder than I thought it would be. Even though it's just an animal abuse story with a crow.

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

There's so much subtext here...

Any actual Yuri in the show?

Hollows
Image Comments 01 Oct 13:21
Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013
Oziya

Daily reminder that they are legally married.

Hollows
Image Comments 30 Sep 22:43
Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013
Cc27iv4bamp31

Mako needs to get on that Tomoko train.

Hollows
SHY discussion 29 Sep 12:48
Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

It seems that my yuri scenes will have to wait another chapter.

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

This has a lot more pairings than the tags suggest doesn't it?

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

I want a GF for her too!!! >:(

Nene posted:

All of you who didn't think, not even for one moment, that Chiaki had learned to love breasts by fondling this oneesan's titties and that they were presently going to have a boob-groping session until morning... raise your hands.

Now, all of you who raised your hands... shame on you for lying.

I thought she would attempt to do it as if they were used to that but then think of Harumi and stop at the last moment with some boob speech code of honor.

PS GIVE HER A GIRLFRIEnD TOOOOOO

Momose's free. She has crush on Kana but Kana doesn't share the same feeling towards Momose

Actually, the only free girl is the dark skinned peeping girl.

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

I love this development and hate this cliffhanger.

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

My mind is so blown I can't even complain.

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Quiescent-Rose posted:

Art is amazing. It can turn something that would normally be gross and horrible into something adorable and amazing.

Lootboxes for kids disguised as candy ?

No, the terrible thing they were talking about is obviously eating too much candy.

Kids that eat too much candy can get cavities. Good thing Onee-san is there to share the candy with her.

Hollows
Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Oh, I see--a troll. Well played, then.

Sigh. And this is why every piece of fluffy Yuri on this site has to be filled with many comments about bad writing. People who like the average Yuri story are trolls now? Can we not just enjoy all kinds of Yuri without being so critical?

No what you were trying to prove is that bad writing in general and the rushed ending of this in particular are good. Which they are not.

In this thread alone there are a lot of people who say they like the ending. I just happen to agree and have an interest in discussing it.

last edited at Sep 26, 2019 12:59PM

Hollows
Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

The flipside of this argument is also this: Most people that like a mediocre fluff story don't actually think it's mediocre most of the time. That's because people enjoy different things more than others. Someone who is really into animal girls will find animal girl yuri so appealing that bad writing has less of an impact on them, so they don't see it as mediocre, but as outstanding.

Well, there you go. I don't care for mediocrity itself. I simply do not agree with your judgement about what is mediocre.

What I am trying to prove with my survey is to show you for whatever reason people are OK with what you call mediocre. Perhaps this means you should not be so quick to judge?

I don't want people to diminish the enjoyment of those who like these stories by calling it "mediocre".

If however, you continue to pass judgement about what is and is not "mediocre" Then I will continue to defend mediocrity.

Because I am a champion of the people! I hear the calling of my fellow Yuri fanatics, and am driven to defend them! Have at you!

last edited at Sep 26, 2019 12:44PM

Hollows
Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Your description is also quite false. As in any narrative genre, there are plenty of very mediocre examples of yuri manga. There are also exceptional examples, and examples of everything in between.

And yet, despite this mediocrity these thing have not been taken out by public opinion.

You mentioned that other genres also have mediocre titles. Random mentioned Sturgeon's law. Is this not an admission that no matter which genre you go to, most of its consumers do not care about what you consider "good"?

I think this does mean most of Yuri consumers agree with me. We take delight in the mediocrity of Yuri. You are the elitist who always have to find fault with everything that doesn't suit your liking.

You can try to convince me and my like-minded comrades that we are wrong. But you cannot deny our existence nor deny us what we want.

Yuri monsters of the world unite! You have nothing to lose but your chains! We will overthrow the oppressive regime of these supposed intellectuals! We will take back Yuri and put it in the hands of the people!

last edited at Sep 26, 2019 12:33PM

Hollows
Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

I'm here to read the same cliche Yuri tropes over and over again, and it seems everyone else wants the same.

Completely and utterly, delusionally false.

This isn't a point I really care to argue. As you said, if that was the case the authors would have written the story differently.

If you survey the landscape Yuri is filled with bad writing and cliches. The few stories that could be considered to have "good writing" are few and far between or devolve into Yuri cliches half way through. This story is an example right here.

What good will blaming the authors or some greater power? Yuri isn't this way because some God or abstract "society" didn't care to make it better. Yuri is this way because people want it to be. That's the only explanation.

I'm ok with that though. This is the way it's meant to be.

last edited at Sep 26, 2019 11:46AM

Hollows
Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Nothing like setting up an intense emotional dilemma, then handwaving it away with a bunch of glitter and floaty hearts.

Well we are reading yuri.

Just how lowly do you think of the Yuri genre that you equate half-assed writing with it?
Bad writing or issues with the plot/consistency always should be pointed out and critisized, unless it's a surreal comedy where plot doesn't matter.

If readers are mindlessly content with everything they are fed, no writer can ever improve.

Cliche Yuri tropes got me into the genre and cliche Yuri tropes made me stay. I don't want good writing in my Yuri. If I wanted to feel I'd go read a book or something.

Yuri is a fairytale, it is by its nature anthithesis to what is considered "good writing" nowadays. Nowadays people consider realism and drama to be "good writing". But I don't want realism or drama in my Yuri. I want to see girls living a lighthearted life and falling in love light-heartedly. I don't want conflict or drama, I want fluff and happiness. I want happy smiles and girls being cute. I want all problems to go away in the face of Yuri.

I'm here to read the same cliche Yuri tropes over and over again, and it seems everyone else wants the same.

This is what authors like to draw and what people like to read.

last edited at Sep 26, 2019 10:08AM

Hollows
Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Nothing like setting up an intense emotional dilemma, then handwaving it away with a bunch of glitter and floaty hearts.

Well we are reading yuri.

Hollows
Image Comments 25 Sep 19:49
Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013
10506120_p0

Threesomes are awesomes.

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Kiwi just wants to be cute, so Utena messed her up and then called her cute when she was broken. That's just pure evil. I think Kiwi has fallen for our evil leader now.

I love that Utena is building a BDSM harem.

Also, why does a middle schooler in an oversized coat and string bikini look so cute? I'm... Being corrupted.

last edited at Sep 25, 2019 6:41PM

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Our favorite predator returns to devour lolis.

last edited at Sep 25, 2019 2:09PM

Hollows
Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Luminous=Blue would have benefited from just keeping it simpler and sticking with the exes reunited ending I believe. A poly ending requires the utmost set-up and care.

Set up? Pfff, please. What set up beyond cute girls being gay do you need?

Yuri is about girls being lovely-dovely, and the more girls and more lovely-dovely the better.

Just inject distilled yuri into my veins.

last edited at Sep 25, 2019 12:08PM

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

The new chara is going to end up being a new wife.
Utena is like the girl from "She gets girls everyday" only much much better.

They should change the title to "She does bondage play with girls everyday"

Hollows
Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Threesome endings are the best.

Anyone who disagrees can fight me.

I would, but I don't want to get arrested... again.

Of course it's you BugDevil, my nemesis.

You can't win. Threesome relationships plus yuri is too good of a combination.

Hollows
Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Threesome endings are the best.

Anyone who disagrees can fight me.

last edited at Sep 25, 2019 8:32AM

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Our girl is a full fledged evil leader now. Even though she is just a pervert.

As long as we have Yuri, it's perfect.

Hollows
Image Comments 24 Sep 11:33
Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013
Masturbation

Lonely Banki is lonely.