Forum › Posts by Polycell

Polycell
Image Comments 26 May 16:33
Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013
81438078_p8

@riverFlower:

That's definitely not Giovanna; Iroha's hair is also down, which means the doppel's completely uninvolved. I'd love to know more about the picture, but it's not on their Pixiv.

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

And to think all of this could've been avoided had she mentioned Vivio was adopted.

Polycell
Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

With Karin on the other hand Alina has nothing to gain hanging out with her in the club room

Not quite true: keeping an eye on Karin is a condition of her using the room. She's certainly more invested in Karin than she has any obligation to be, though.

Polycell
Wholesome discussion 17 May 23:34
Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

I think that of somebody drew a huge Venn diagram of which tags are mutually exclusive of each other would clear up this mess of an ‘ahem’ debate about the use of this tag to label mangas. Someone from admin should spell it out and quell the flames by making the boundaries of what qualifies as “wholesome”.

Here you go:

Now I want to see what an unironic wholesome rape combo would look like.

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

The Pixiv images seem to be entirely from western users. Her bullying Homura is probably due to her fate weave coming right before Coolmura's, draining gems that otherwise would've gone to her.

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

Like ==when and why she contracted then exactly? If her disappearance was connected to Touka and Nemu, then did she kept in touch with them after she left hospital? Did her becoming meguca was connected to it? I was assuming it was, but then why Iroha wouldn't be involved in it. If she didn't heal Ui first, it'd make sense how all of them wished to be healed by Kyuubey and after learning truth about witches, they could try to work together against Kyuubey, but explanation how Touka learned the truth also wasn't like I was imagining it at all (and honestly sounded like a bad joke).

So it seems like Touka and Nemu wished to be healed to leave hospital shortly after Ui was discharged, but then it leaves the question how Ui was exactly involved in Magius thing. Did they basically dragged her into it without her knowledge and why? There's just much things that doesn't seem to make sense when you try to put it all together in any sensible timeline.

Given how uwasa are created, I'm not sure that Touka and Nemu actually wished to be cured - depending on their disease, merely becoming magical girls may have been enough to save them. And even if not, Touka's enough of a schemer that she could probably have cooked up a wish that would involve curing them as a side effect.

But even if, my issue with the pebble thing is that it assumes that somehow Kyuubey would never appear before Iroha, someone with terminally ill sister and is desperate to heal her, to offer them contract as well as apparently before Iroha healed Ui Kyuubey never appeared before Ui as well? That Kyuubey that manages to find and stalk girls with even the most superficial problems? And if that wasn't hard enough to swallow, he also didn't appear before Touka and Nemu and let them die every time, until Iroha healed Ui? Sorry, but ignoring flimsy rules how time traveling and creating universes in Madoka works, I really can't buy that Kyuubey of all people aliens, passed on 4 potential megucas.

The issue there is we don't know how Kyubey detects or prioritizes candidates, or even how Iroha met him. In most timelines, it's possible Kyubey was chasing better leads, while that pebble somehow made Iroha a more immediate prospect; Ui and friends probably weren't on the radar for whatever reason, with Iroha's wish causing Kyubey to look into them.

Polycell
Image Comments 13 May 01:15
Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013
47845370_p0

Somebody posted a link in this image.

Polycell
Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

Not so random: the upper left hand panel explains it.

Polycell
Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

hmm? this was here before.

It was removed due to... drama, shall we say. This is a new translation without the baggage(presumably the reason for thew new thread).

I've read this before from other site but, damn u guys really have to bump this didn't you...

I'm glad it's been brought back up; it's a good series and I'm looking forward to rereading(and hopefully completing) it.

Polycell
Image Comments 12 May 20:08
Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013
Ew8nweixsacytz8-orig%20(1)

Who's here reading it with a Scottish accent ?

I tried, but got thrown off by Marnie being the one with the accent.

Polycell
Image Comments 12 May 20:05
Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013
Exvigvbx0ae4j1d-orig

Alternately, Mifuyu is making sure Iroha is deserving of being Yachiyo's wife("If you want to marry Yacchan, you have to show me you can satisfy her.").

Polycell
Image Comments 12 May 13:18
Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013
Exvigvbx0ae4j1d-orig

On an unrelated note why is Iroha so submissive/shy in many fanart/fanfics? She's not that way (unlike Sana) in the game from what I remember.

She starts out that way. She gets more assertive over time, but the anime takes away a number of those moments(and, at least as of chapter nine, she still has a number of more demure moments).

Polycell
Image Comments 11 May 23:40
Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

Well, not quite: there's still time to suggest strip Monopoly.

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

Somebody brought up one of those love meter things on the Magia Record subreddit:

Rather fitting.

Polycell
Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

Ehhh, do you think this would work as something long-running? It kinda already covers everything it wants to (which is what makes it as good as it is, really).

It might be able to work as a one-volume story, but no longer than that. But really, all it needs is a follow-up for the poor girl who ended up in the war manga; it'd be interesting to see what would happen if she manages to upend that one as effectively as Misaki did this one.

Polycell
Image Comments 02 May 15:12
Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013
Tumblr_ob88x2n0lg1tlvz4oo1_1280

Now we know why she has so much Spiritual Power.

Polycell
Image Comments 29 Apr 19:09
Polycell
Image Comments 29 Apr 10:50
Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013
81112143_p0

I'm not sure those prove your point:

1. Mami is both older and stacked

2. "Eroha" is an easy pun

Regardless, the tags on the source image are "#Magia Record #Nemu Hiiragi #Touka Satomi", so it probably is just meant as a cute picture of one kid hugging another.

Polycell
Image Comments 29 Apr 10:19
Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013
79539011_p0

If the loli on the offensive who would the FBI come for?

Yes, with some variation of "like I haven't heard that a hundred times".

Polycell
Image Comments 28 Apr 20:47
Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013
81112143_p0

These legs combined with her voice. It might be an interesting word, but it's the right one.

The anime did its fair share of sexing things up. The game sticks with her being cute and smarmy(a balance they hit quite well).

Everyone in this franchise is underage besides Yachiyo, it doesn't matte

Mifuyu's also 19 and Hinano's 18.

last edited at Apr 28, 2020 8:50PM

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

This is about how her relationship with Karin is portrayed in her magical girl stories and the Magical Halloween Theater event(which this echos in a way). Alina's a surprisingly reasonable person in those, in stark contrast to the complete psycho she's portrayed as in the main story.

Polycell
Image Comments 28 Apr 10:23
Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013
60680252_p0

Is Hanayo taking a picture?

Polycell
Image Comments 28 Apr 10:20
Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013
81112143_p0

Well, Touka and Nemu do have a similar relationship dynamic to Rena and Kaede.

Polycell
Image Comments 28 Apr 10:10
Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013
79539011_p0

Chino tops everyone in this series, except Tippy, of course.

Most of the time. Even Tippy isn't safe on the occasions when Chino decides to go after grandpa.

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

Evil mascot does seem serious in world domination as well.

Actually, he opposed it in this chapter, and told them that disobeying him was treason.

What he said was that it wasn't time yet, despite the group proclaiming every magical girl bar Tres Magica was dead. Venalita seems to be under the impression that either they or Vatzhan are far stronger that the oldsters think they are. Given that Lord Enorme's minions are all three stars and she herself is a five star, this could well be correct if the evaluation of Baiser as a six star is right.