Forum › Posts by valence

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

I love the underwater shots in this chapter, they’re very aesthetic

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

That dream sequence was weird. Why were there two of her?

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Why is this series labelled Ecchi? It doesn’t particularly strike me as that, at least from what I remember

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

When I started, I did a lot of T/N. Now, I just try to word it, or adapt it, in a way that people will get without having to read a novel on the last page.

To be honest, I quite like when there’s lots of T/N, especially when it sheds light on more contextual/subtextual information. But I can understand not wanting to use it all the time haha

valence
Matazoro. discussion 18 Jul 17:59
I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Comedy? Are you kidding? This is terribly sad.

I wouldn’t say it’s terribly sad. It deals with serious topics sure, but it’s light-hearted about them — I’d describe it as down-to-earth instead. And I really like the way it deals with the topics as well.

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

I love the way each chapter of this series invariably ends with a food scene. Reminds me of many NSFW series where the first 3/4 are plot but you can always count on the last quarter as sexual — it’s like that but for food.

last edited at Jul 18, 2022 5:20PM

valence
I
joined Mar 3, 2022
5hekzay2rq191

yay, radiohead

valence
I
joined Mar 3, 2022

This.

Ah, thanks a lot! Wish that series would get picked up again.

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

At this spending rate the money will barely last a few years

Well, we technically don’t know the rate — there’s nothing to say the chapters aren’t several months apart or something. At least I tell myself that to keep me from worrying, since I don’t think that’s the point of this manga.

valence
I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Where does this image come from?

a dramatic shot of a yellow-haired female character exclaiming “Oh... I get it now!” with a footnote explaining that she most certainly doesn’t

I screenshotted it a while back but lost the source lol

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Nice chapter. I wouldn’t call that “lots of sex” tho

Mm yeah, it feels more like “moderate amounts” to me

I came to check out the comments section for the first time, and wow despite this being so popular (#1 on the "Most Popular of Past 7 Days" list at time of posting) there's so much hating going on in this comment section.

Well yeah, NSFW stuff always gets more popular on Dynasty. And most of the “hating” as you call it comes from the future chapters (which allegedly get more rapey, I haven’t clicked on spoilers yet), not this one. But I support the sentiment I suppose, personally I’ll stick with it for a bit just to see how it goes.

you should never say "People shouldn't read this because X is wrong"

Great, all good then because nobody has actually said that in this thread.

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

I love this series. I worry for her energy levels at work though

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

I mean, I imagine there’s slightly more to Yucca’s character than just “she’s a psycho” (though she definitely is), since that would be suspiciously one-dimensional. We’ll probably have some kind of backstory to why she’s like that later on. Another possibility I think is that she’s normally not like that but gets possessed or something, Asagi Rinko-style (evidenced by the background of page 9’s middle panel, her surprised facial expression after the attack and the references to her facial expression as an indicator of entering this “possessed” mode) — plausibly she wanted to hide it because of shame or something.

last edited at Jul 16, 2022 4:44PM

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

I wasn’t expecting this chapter but it’s great to have more closure. this one’s really lovely I think, I might have to read it again to properly understand it though lol

valence
I
joined Mar 3, 2022

oh my god I love Fuuko so much, the way she cares so much about miss sunflower is adorable T-T

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

kokeshi’s fahion show is just getting weirder and weirder I love it

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

incredible series, love it, absolute masterpiece

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

weird/abnormal/not normal =/= bad

Being incapable of romantic love is, from practically every perspective, certainly not normal - whether you equate being not normal to bad is on you.

I think that “abnormal” and “uncommon” are two separate concepts and should not be conflated. For example, suppose you are a fan of an obscure post-punk band — it is very uncommon, since they would not have many fans, but by no definition would it be considered “weird” since it doesn’t really matter in daily life. I think this is what people mean when they talk about “normalization” of things; it’s not about numbers, it’s about acceptance. In an ideal world maybe nothing would be considered “weird” since people could just accept it, but it definitely exists as a concept today alongside normality, uncommonness and the morally wrong.

last edited at Jun 30, 2022 5:34PM

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

And later, expect a bonus crossover chapter with Satsuki vs Tokiko

yay! that would be amazing ♥‿♥

valence
I
joined Mar 3, 2022

I feel like that’s the point though. None of the other deaths have been special so far — it’s used to show that the curse doesn’t differentiate. Tokiko doesn’t get to choose just because it was her friend; that would diminish the power of the curse and not succeed in the manga’s goal of critiquing Tokiko’s outlook on life. Also, the abruptness only makes it more impactful IMO.

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Reminds me of SeaBed

valence
I
joined Mar 3, 2022

last edited at May 25, 2022 5:38PM

valence
I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Oh, I hope her friend doesn't die...

I doubt she will; so far it's only ever been people that have fought her that have died. Probably the same reason why the detective got miraculously saved from the truck, since he hasn't ever gotten angry at her.

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Is the cat huffing a reference to https://en.uncyclopedia.co/wiki/Kitten_Huffing?

valence
I
joined Mar 3, 2022

I can only assume the next chapter will be called "Secret of the Secret of the Secret"