Forum › Posts by The immaculate

joined Mar 19, 2020

Yeah home girls noticing that reaction

joined Mar 19, 2020

Yeah that face is almost heartbreaking, I love it.

I love these two idiots.

Hinoka's expressions this chapter are those of pure fucking suffering in a way that had I not known better, I'd have been legit heartbroken. In contrast, Tsukushi's utter uselessness is infinitely amusing, and I'm very much looking forward to seeing her completely fall apart in front of her "best friend forever".

I feel like the main difference between a love comedy and a love drama is the dramatic irony of already knowing the characters are in love with each other. A drama would make it more ambiguous for one side or the other, thus making the misunderstandings less harmless and amusing (because we know they'll find happiness eventually) and more heartbreaking and frustrating (because there's just the suffering).

So basically if we saw it from hinokas perspective this would be a drama lol

joined Mar 19, 2020

Lmao I love that in her OWN flashback the signs that hinoka like her are so clear, they’re not even almost ambiguous and yet she’s still like “she only likes me as a friend”

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

Sooo... That wasn't Kureha?
What the f--

I'm confused too, I guess she has been sleeping with the princess before she got into a relationship with Kureha.

Maybe but it doesn’t seem like it. She’s wearing the uniform from the end of chapter four and in like chapter 2 or 3 she saw that princess for the first time so it seems to have happened after

But also yeah wonder how kureha feels about that

last edited at Sep 15, 2022 11:51PM

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

Ey she made a friend.. I don't really have a good feeling about her and I don't know why..

Same honestly, maybe because Mc commented on her maybe getting bullied? Like a ‘acts nice but she’s not so secretly a meanie’ and Mc just doesn’t notice? I mean I doubt that’s it but it gives me that vibe

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

A little surprised the extra isn't about Shizuki with Kureha but with someone else but i'll take it

Same, I feel a bit torn

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

Glad komera decided to keep it short and sweet instead of prolonging it and never finishing. Definitely a cool world and while it was somewhat disjointed, you could pretend we’re just seeing snippets of a larger narrative. Especially since this is supposed to be their ‘past’. The characters were fun too and I loved those fits lol

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

Is this like a twin situation? Why was the emperor so interested in qianxue until she wasn’t anymore and was more concerned with the mc’s health?

The immaculate
School Zone discussion 11 Sep 07:55
joined Mar 19, 2020

peeps...w-who are these two new girls again? I don't remember them at all...or anything about their deal/issues - which chapter(s) have they appeared in before?

Isn’t the tall one the girl that works in the arcade. And the lil one is just a new character right?

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

Why contract sisters then? Seems like a weird way to shoot the romance thing in the foot?

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

By the way for anyone who is unaware, this seems to take place in a “cultivation” novel setting, which is kinda like wuxia but cranked to 11.

If wuxia can be described as a historical(ish) martial artists and the use of “qi” energy, then cultivation novels would be in the xianxia genre, which takes the martial arts and internal energy base from wuxia, but takes it from low fantasy to high fantasy. Expect a magic system based on yin/yang, and taoist iconography all over the place, demons and celestials, and all manner of supernatural beings and creatures from chinese mythology.

In these kinds of novels the protagonist basically “cultivates”/trains to unlock new supernatural ability and ascend from being a mortal to essentially become a demigod/full fledged god. Along the way they accumulate legendary techniques/abilities, rare magic items, and usually a large harem of women.

Think of it kinda like the equivalent to japanese isekai but rather than a jrpg inspired euro-fantasy setting its got a chinese mythos setting. But the fact that the genre primarily appeals to teenage edgelords and theres a billion trashy novels about OP protags and massive harems is still the same.

(I only know this second hand so anyone who wants to jump in and correct me feel free to do so)

It's been a while since I've read any, but I recall there being quite a bit of sexual assault. Isekai has slave-owning protagonists, xianxia has sexual assault.

I really need to repeat the bit about the trashy novels. I found Xianxia a bit less grating at first due to it's settings being less familiar than yet another generic European fantasy setting, but it's pretty much all slop. I can only consume so much junkfood media before I feel yuck, and I get enough junkfood from Yuri, which is usually much sweeter.

Lol same. I’ve only read like two but got around 400 chapters into one and 800 chapters into the other and that had SA. It’s been a few years now but they really were trashy. I liked how large they were though- that’s the only reason I stayed.

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

Yeah this is adorable. Love the baker already (and peach girl). That last bit was adorable.

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

I trust Awa-kun. I mean to him Kahiwai is in love with a woman who’s getting married. And is planning her wedding. Assumedly he doesn’t know about the polyamory or that the feelings are returned so he just sees his coworker in a difficult and probably heartbreaking position. I mean it’s none of his business but still, I can see that there’s (probably) care there.

Also sheesh I know Kashiwai is new to this but I hope she’s not gonna get mad that she’s not suddenly Tsuzukis no.1 priority

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

I’m a lil confused by the flashback...but still cute

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

Yeah since this chapter was called the other side of humanity I assumed as well that she’d be a “human” monster. Rapey first then when the axe popped up I thought maybe axe murderer? But I guess not

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

Amazing, I wonder if Aizawa thinks that scream was a fluke or not

Are you talking about the internal one?

joined Mar 19, 2020

Well I mean so far we see she is dedicated to her family business and the mc implied that that’s her love and pride and not that she’s just a cinnamon roll (i mean she kinda did at the end there but still). So maybe it will take the route of “she has her own reasons for whatever but with support would choose healthier options” instead of the usual “misunderstood kind girl”.

Also her hair is actually insane, I just stared at it for like a minute. Like what is that, it’s like someone (sephiroth) else’s hair is just pancaked on normal hair with a tiara in between to make it less obvious.

joined Mar 19, 2020

Yeah pretty quick ending but I think it tied it up nicely. Altogether probably one of my favourites. Nice and sweet, good art etc

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

Oooh I’m surprised I missed this. It’s very cute. Also I’m now a big fan of beaver lol

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

Hmmm I don’t know if she really earned that reward. Pretty lackadaisical advice. Just show up, study, and review. I mean…yeah.

Riri still best girl. Curious what the other two are up to. Looks like Minato and Karen are planning something.

I mean I kinda get it, when you’re so lost when trying to learn something and don’t even almost know where to begin, someone giving that direction is a god send

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

Why was pg 263 so ominous in that middle panel should we be afraid of senpai? Ngl tho I kinda dig it too. Sensei is still the best tho

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020
Yuritl

I kinda get it, same honestly. Maybe there’s some subtle similarity between the art work? Or maybe because muromaki draws some of the characters with that older lady vibe

The immaculate
Make a Mark discussion 20 Aug 12:03
joined Mar 19, 2020

I love how the senpai was drawn on pg 70 in the first panel. You can see like the dread or when your stomach drops in her. I don’t know if that was the aim but that’s what I get from it.

In theory I love this kind of story but in practice I still want a happier ending lol. Like she stops her player ways because she finally has senpai. Or is it that senpai is only into her because she’s a player? It doesn’t seem like that’s the case. Is that player just doing this to hurt her now the way senpai hurt her? Or to keep her trapped? Seems like a weird choice

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

Honestly I also didn’t expect to switch camps so easily but like mii-chan is perfect and right there. And the way hijiki draws her expressions... seems like some unrequited love there. Or just worry. Anyway I think it’d be super fun if it ended with the childhood friend route in the end

joined Mar 19, 2020

I’m a bit worried she doesn’t look very impressed