Forum › Posts by BoobTwinkler

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

[Obligatory -SQUISH- Goes Here]

Finally, a dish that's not crazy! Still wouldn't eat it because shrooms, but at least it's not cray-cray like the potato salad with sodding oat meal in it.

BoobTwinkler
Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

"Maturity is knowing when to make your exit with grace"
SHOUTS DISCORD LINKS THEN LEAVES

Me: DEAD. XD

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

Two things occur to me this chapter.
1. 6-year-old Yuina looks exactly like a not-dead Reiko. Now that I thought about it, Reiko and Yuina look a LOT alike even now. SUS.
2. Aren't shark fin foods horrifically unethical? Isn't that a whole thing, that asian fishers just capture sharks, cut off their fins then throw the poor fuckers back in the ocean to die because they can't swim anymore? Kinda weird for such a light-hearted manga to show in a positive light.

BoobTwinkler
School Zone discussion 14 Dec 04:34
Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

There's a very simple reason why Hiiragi is getting more backlash from the audience than Tsubaki.
• Tsubaki: tries to be nice to her sister out of good will but hurts her on accident.
• Hiiragi: tries to deceive her sister out of malice and hurts her on purpose.

"Deceive: a statement or action to mislead, hide the truth, or promote a belief or idea that is not true. Often for personal gain. A major relational transgression that often leads to feelings of betrayal and distrust."

This times 100.

Tsubaki was innocent the whole time and literally did nothing wrong. Literally the whole conflict between them is on Hiiragi not just talking to her sister about her issues and instead choosing to go out of her way to hurt her incredibly deeply out of mere spite.

She's been incredibly cruel towards her sister for the whole series but I'd been holding off on judging her too harshly until we knew what their deal was, but now that we know what it is; there's just no defense. Hiiragi REALLY IS a gigantic bitch to her sister for no good reason.

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

Do sort of wish that Evie/Yvonne was a little bit more aware of her feelings, as it almost seems as though the very idea of a same-sex romance has never occurred to her, in spite of how exceptionally honest and forward Elsa has been with her feelings for her.

Tbh, if vanilla otoges have been her only exposure to romance before getting isekai'd, it's not surprising that anything except girl-meets-boy lies beyond her horizon.

Adding to this, since it also seems like the specific otoge she's been Isekai'd to didn't have a yuri route, it's not out of the question to assume she "can't" romance the MC no matter how obvious the signs are. She already worries that she'll be forced to do bad things to the MC when they're just near each other, there's no telling yet what might happen it she tries to go against what the base game was as extensively as going for a route that didn't exist.

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

What does it mean that Yvonne "unlocked the Tavern CG set"?
She doesn't have a menu or anything so she wouldn't know about it and couldn't look even if she did, and it can't be talking about how far she got in the game before getting Isekai'd since she explicitly didn't get to the border town in her run.

Is there an element of the story that just didn't make it through the transition from novel to manuwa?

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

I'm beginning to suspect there won't be any recipes I'd enjoy in this story, all of them so far have been either bizarre or gross.

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

10 bucks says the ghost is just doing the "scare people" thing because she thinks that's what ghosts are supposed to do and Reiko ends up teaching her otherwise, intentionally or not.

Bonus Prediction: She's gonna start out hostile to Reiko for not being a proper ghost but warm up to her because come on, how could you not warm up to that adorable little gremlin?

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

This is the story of a young woman meeting an outgoing single mother of a special needs child and gradually developing a romantic and a maternal attachment to them, respectively.

Accurate actual description of the series.

BoobTwinkler
Pink Ribbon discussion 24 Nov 06:39
Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

Just based on chapter 1 I don't see any yuri and must therefor question the tag. If this was all there was to the story, I'd call it "implied yuri crush" at most. Maybe it becomes explicitly yuri later but with just chapter 1 to judge, it's definitely not.

Also, is there an "Implied Het" tag? The tomboy is only assumed straight by the main character but nothing actually contradicts it and the latter doesn't deny it when it's brought up. She could still be gay or bi but there's nothing showing it so far. Nya put the overall implied Status Quo pretty well, I'd phrase it as "Girl maybe crushing on a tomboy who seems straight."

EDIT: I guess the series' summary makes the yuri crush explicit so that checks out, but the orientation of the tomboy is still implied as hetero with nothing really arguing against it yet.

last edited at Nov 24, 2021 6:43AM

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

Hold on, what was the point of changing her hair colour to Reiko's if Hikari just draws Reiko on another page anyways? She could've done that regardless.

I thought for sure the hair was so Hikari could draw just Reiko and pass it off as an amateur attempt at drawing Yuina, but it doesn't end up relevant at all and the real solution is something else entirely.

last edited at Nov 19, 2021 5:17AM

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

I was thinking that maybe the shop lady didn't see Reiko as clearly as the two schoolgirls and got scared because all she saw was a vague image, kind of like the difference between Miko and Julia's perceptions in that manga.

How could anyone be afraid of this adorable little cinnamon roll if they could actually see her clearly though? (っ◕‿◕)っ

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

"I'm not a masochist."
Throws Water In Face
(Hearts in eyes) "You call that bullying!?" Ahegao Face

I dunno guys, I think she may be a masochist.

BoobTwinkler
Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

Those are some real attack-eyebrows.

I love it!

BoobTwinkler
Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

...Well that escalated quickly.

I guess it's fine? I mean, I'm glad the implication went from "I was beaten and abandoned" to "Please beat me up I really like it" since it means she was probably better off than she seemed, but that was quite a swerve.

last edited at Nov 13, 2021 4:31AM

BoobTwinkler
Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

And what a bang to start with, a full-on actual ahegao face!

What's the deal with her getting off when they're pulling up the zipper though? Are tight corsets something a woman can get off with? Is it a nipple thing, a bondage thing? All I could make out happening is that the outfit got really tight over her chest and apparently that was literally orgasmic.

Is it supposed to be a real thing that could theoretically happen, or is it just as random and weird to other women?

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

I dunno, they put sugar in the heckin' BEANS and in all the 5249 types of breads.

Tbf most of those "breads" in Japan that you always see teenagers eat in manga are actually made to literally be enjoyed as sweets and snacks. They're not "food bread" like we in the west usually think of it, they're literally candy substitutes.

If anything, it's quite funny to me that one of Japan's most popular forms of "sugary-sweets" are so bland by American standards that it just registers to them as weirdly flavoured bread. xD

last edited at Nov 7, 2021 7:45AM

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

I'm told that this isn't quite as much of a problem in Japan, as they don't have the same food culture of putting sugar in everything. I recall people visiting from Japan commenting on how everything in the US is so overly sweet that it was sometimes hard to deal with.

There are still plenty of candies and deserts, but supposedly not so much sugar in everything else.

In fact, one can absolutely make the argument here that America is the true outlier of the two, with how much more sugar and sweeteners they put in their food compared to literally anywhere else. Keeping an eye out for sneaky sugar in your everyday food is still a good idea of course, but it's probably a lot more pressing to an American than anywhere else.

I haven't been to the US myself, but others who have tell me that american bread is very literally what we in Europe would consider cake. Some people actually can't eat american toast because it's like eating a dessert to them.

last edited at Nov 5, 2021 6:14PM

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

Potato salad with cucumber and oat meal? Mashed potatoes?
...Other countries are f**kin' weird, man.

There needs to be more yuri with chubby girls in it.
-Sincerely, a chubby demigirl.

Chubby girls? In this manga? Where? xD

last edited at Nov 4, 2021 2:09PM

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

yeah sorry about that. thanks for explaining it tho. :)

Aaaaand you get a <3 for being perfectly civil and nice about it. <:D

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

ngl rin's a toxic gf
on a positive note, this was cute and i damn love the art style. TOMBOY SUPREMACY.

and lol the credits page was the best

Not really. A toxic girlfriend would be one who didn't catch the possessiveness or genuinely enforced it.
As it is, she's just struggling with jealousy issues that could be a problem if they get out of hand but haven't so far.

(Which imo is fine)

last edited at Oct 31, 2021 9:59AM

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

Unironically the best parent figure I've read in manga maybe ever.

Imagine getting your evil scheming cucked because your dad is such a massive CHAD tho

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

To answer the question, yes I would.
The key word here is "looks"
No police for me.
Take that FBI.

Until a bunch of self-righteous moral-police witch-hunters hunt you down and shoot you anyways because they're idiots.
The world is not a rational place. :(

BoobTwinkler
Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

"Sleep with me."
"Only so you don't have to smell my clothes ok?"
Useless. Ass. Lesbian.

BoobTwinkler
School Zone discussion 23 Oct 14:41
Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

WTF are you doing Kei. She was trying to not be completely worthless once in her life and you make her regress back to her cyclops form. Sure it might be awkward at first but if you can love the original, you can easily learn to love this slightly improved version.

I think it's a lot more heartwarming that Kei would rather Yokoe stays the idiot self she naturally is rather than change into someone less annoying just because it would be normal.