Oh damn it actually got finished last year

Just never posted here
https://batotoo.com/chapter/984046

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

This is like a battle between two Yuu Koito's

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

That's the problem with labels, they can be so easy to slap on but hardly ever stick.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

This needs a song to go with it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEObjARFo5o
Also, damn did I forget about this little gem of a series

Ranzo
Citrus + discussion 21 Jan 10:29
Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

For a self professed gyaru, Yuzu sure has the innocence of a pure hearted maiden. She could probably learn quite a bit from that book, if she ever works up the courage to actually read it :P

Oh, she will...

last edited at Jan 21, 2022 10:29AM

Ranzo
Citrus + discussion 20 Jan 19:10
Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

For a self professed gyaru, Yuzu sure has the innocence of a pure hearted maiden. She could probably learn quite a bit from that book, if she ever works up the courage to actually read it :P

To be fair to Yuzu she's always been something of a fake gyaru ever since the first chapter, in fact it was Mei who brought her forcibly into the light. You know, back when Mei was still human

Ranzo
Citrus + discussion 20 Jan 19:04
Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

For a half second I literally thought that Harumin had literally turned into a cat for some reason, such a shame it wasn't, that would have been a good development

Ranzo
Present discussion 10 Jan 09:02
Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Every fucking time I read this oneshot without fail the tears start flowing
sigh...I love it

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

So they got doubled married

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Did that nurse up and die on her way back or what?

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

You know something I've always found strange about these school mangas is the supreme power the student council seems to wield. Like back when I went to high school I know we had one but I don't think I ever knew who they were.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

IT HAPPENED! IT FINALLY FUCKING HAPPEND!

Ranzo
Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

What I really love about this work is how much movement is in it, there's just so much motion even though two characters just might be talking. There are a lot of manga that have just a lot of static dialog scenes so something like this is refreshing.

Ranzo
Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Yeah, with how much this manga loves the bait and switch I'm sure she just took a big bite out of a Dagwood sandwich instead.

Ranzo
Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Man, death can be such a bitch huh?

Ranzo
Fake sweets discussion 16 Dec 00:30
Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Cute. Personally, I'm still waiting for an "age gap" tagged story that starts off with an office lady in her late 20's, then subverts with the age gap being her falling for a woman in her late 30's.

Hell, I'm just glad she was in college

Age-gap is a dangerous tag filled with arrest warrants

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

This series really reminds me of this one
They've got quite a few similarities
https://myanimelist.net/manga/129187/Hachigatsu_Kokonoka__Boku_wa_Kimi_ni_Kuwareru

Ranzo
Fake sweets discussion 15 Dec 19:34
Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

I've never been in a abusive relationship with a credit page before

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Man, it is always good to see the power of friendship so clearly displayed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzbFCU6LoyI

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

One day I'll see an end to this

It hasn't happened yet.
It hasn't happened yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQpm1kMa2eU&ab_channel=WilliamShatner-Topic
It hasn't happened yet.

Ranzo
Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Oh, cool homegirl meets someone who knows her secret but won't try and sabotage her or purposefully get in her way
How new!

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Discrimination is certainly not cliche. I can hardly remember any yuri mangas which use the term lgbt. Some people are really offended if it's not a fairy tale world

The bullying part was rather ham but described something basically realistic, but the "you need to be a live in caretaker for an attractive older woman" is more egregiously a trope.

That said, I enjoyed Can't Refuse The Lonely Girl despite the blackmail trope in that being a hella contrived excuse.

Yeah, I'm fine for trope setups if the series can rise above the trope like Can't Refuse or Handsome Girl and Sheltered Girl

Hopefully this can rise above

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

poor komada (or lucky komada) ;)

Most assuredly lucky

Ranzo
Liberty discussion 01 Dec 19:15
Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

I for one really love Octave
Definitely my third favorite yuri series and just one of my fav series in general
A big reason for that was because it had such a flawed protag that made mistakes and did actually learn from them (and paid a price)

A big reason I and many others probably don't like Liberty is how horribly confused it is
When it started out I was hooked on the first couple chapters because of how alluring and mysterious Liz appeared to be and how their relationship escalated in a pretty great way
Then the drama with those fucking earrings happened
Then Liz stopped becoming alluring or mysterious and she morphed into an abusive bitch
Then Maki morphed into either a potted plant or a sponge
Then Liz's ex arrived and Liz jumped on her like she was catching a last minute train
And like, I'm cool with reading a story about shitty characters doing shitty things (if it is done right)
But what I'm not cool with is all the confused messaging about acceptance that the author is trying to cram into the story.
Like, I'm good with the whole acceptance and tolerance thing but this really isn't the story to do it in and these clearly aren't the type of role models to be funneling these messages through.
Also, there is barely any fucking time spent to developing this relationship at all.
We get one slave contract and some riding yo' girl to the bathroom nonsense before the ex shows up and starts slamming Liz like an express train through a concrete barrier.
The author seems to want us to care about his relationship when almost zero work has been done to actually show it.

last edited at Dec 1, 2021 7:36PM

Ranzo
Liberty discussion 28 Nov 23:20
Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

When I think of the author this is what I imagine how she must be like