Forum › Posts by Grail

Grail
Cv7t70_vyaagwe3
joined Nov 19, 2017

Cthulu is cool and all, but yuri is still the color for me.

The hate for MC is puzzling for me. I actually like the Ito and how firm she says no to Sumika when the position was offered. I've seen far too many flim flamy MC for my liking. I'd even think her reaction might be a bit unrealistic since I'm used to seeing diehard fans making all kinds of dumb excuses to justify their idol's faults. Although Ito is obviously not a diehard, she's just a young girl stuck in a rigid, stupidly traditional school with unrealistic bourgeoise ideals compared to the western society. So she admires the image of Sumika, who is the image of someone "from the outside" and is "both free and beautiful." When reality did not meet expectation, she did do exatly what she says on the first page: "since I don't want to end up hating them, I'd distance myself from them instead." Given the social context since this is a Japanese manga drawn by a Japanese person taking place in a Japanese school setting, this is actually very standard? The unrealistic part would be Ito being extremely firm to Sumika saying no. Ito is also extremely mild when it comes to the incredibly rabid fans who would viciously cancel their idol if they find a speck of dirt on said idol.

I'm not sure how Ito's self-esteem and ideal of her own self will have an impact on the story direction, but it could be an interesting twist. I just don't want the development to go in the direction of "hey, she's pretty cute. Let's develop her into an idol too."

But the odd one out is definitely Sumika. I can understand Ito's motivations and etc since the story is in her POV, but Sumika seems all over the place and inconsistent. Some of it could be explained away with extremely sheltered life or something, but she IS in the entertainment business so it's just a big ? to me. I can't get a good read on what drives her right now. Hopefully the next few chapters will fix that. But she's definitely going through some extremes just to have Ito around. At this point it's just yuri plot device, so To Be Continued. munches popcorn

Grail
Image Comments 11 Jan 03:23
Cv7t70_vyaagwe3
joined Nov 19, 2017
78758480_p14

Dom Kat? My god!

Cv7t70_vyaagwe3
joined Nov 19, 2017

So instead of throwing money at the screen, the kaiju throws clams instead. Gotta make use of what you got I suppose. So what happens if the kaiju disapproves? Does it throw sea urchins? Although them sea urchins are good eating. I need to know if there's a rating system for this. Is the clams a 7/10? A 10/10?

Grail
Cv7t70_vyaagwe3
joined Nov 19, 2017

I thought I fell into a time portal or something, but the chapters were indeed uploaded yesterday.

Can we change the series tags? The series isn't strictly about bara, yaoi, and het. The focus also isn't limited to just Mayuko and her father's side of things.

Grail
∞ discussion 10 Jan 03:37
Cv7t70_vyaagwe3
joined Nov 19, 2017

I'm more interested in knowing how it jumped from 64 to infinity

Grail
Image Comments 07 Jan 03:23
Cv7t70_vyaagwe3
joined Nov 19, 2017
Somechime_sometime1209_78686787_p1

99 days? All it took was one

Cv7t70_vyaagwe3
joined Nov 19, 2017

Reboot? What happened to the older series?

Grail
VAMPEERZ discussion 26 Dec 02:35
Cv7t70_vyaagwe3
joined Nov 19, 2017

Aw, but thank you very much for all your hard work. Your manga meat is huge and your typsetting is pretty bangin'

Enjoy your holiday downtimes. We'll miss your credit page shenanigans

Cv7t70_vyaagwe3
joined Nov 19, 2017

I hate this word, but I need to use it anyway

oof

At least she tried and failed. Meanwhile I'm still at square 0

Cv7t70_vyaagwe3
joined Nov 19, 2017

Looks pretty cute so far. Does the sassy girl have a crush on protag or what.

Grail
Cv7t70_vyaagwe3
joined Nov 19, 2017

Mein gott! The mad lass actually did it! Normally most MC would chicken out, she actually went and did it! My mind is blown!

Grail
PafuPafu discussion 19 Dec 03:38
Cv7t70_vyaagwe3
joined Nov 19, 2017

PafuPafu? PuffPuff? I hope that's a Dragon Quest reference

Grail
Cv7t70_vyaagwe3
joined Nov 19, 2017

How will I know what I am reading without seeing the yellow filter? My brain might stop functioning 1

It would just feels weird without the filter. I'd say keep the current style

Grail
Cv7t70_vyaagwe3
joined Nov 19, 2017

Really? I thought that room is pretty darn cool. Narrator/author please.

Momjima, at least use something less obvious as an excuse. So this is what an evolved Momjima will be like... :thinking:

Cv7t70_vyaagwe3
joined Nov 19, 2017

I'm so sad we can't legit have a P R O G R E S S moment like Sexy In Pink after a dream sequence. What a night and day difference. Just tell your gf that you are a woman and put me out of my misery already.

Grail
Yamitsuki discussion 07 Dec 18:52
Cv7t70_vyaagwe3
joined Nov 19, 2017

So what else does Stalker chan's actions constitute? Sugar, spice and everything nice? Toxic behavior fits exactly what Tayama is doing to Hanae. You are being super aggressive towards someone making an observation. That is not fly at all. No one is pushing an agenda or trying to be a SJW, whatever the frick that even means nowadays with how media paints this crap. Cool your head and quit flipping out.

Since Mochi is involved, everyone is a surprise stalker?

Grail
Love Wars discussion 07 Dec 03:23
Cv7t70_vyaagwe3
joined Nov 19, 2017

Absolultely Adorkable.

Grail
Cv7t70_vyaagwe3
joined Nov 19, 2017

You thought it was a dream, and you were correct!

P R O G R E S S

It's only a scant few pages, but my emotions were masterfully played with!

Grail
Image Comments 11 Nov 21:53
Cv7t70_vyaagwe3
joined Nov 19, 2017
Fe

Clearly this is the part where Edelgard teaches Byleth the best way to play this game

Grail
Cv7t70_vyaagwe3
joined Nov 19, 2017

What a good girl.

A bit lost on the soup thing in credits though.

Grail
Oddman 11 discussion 22 Aug 01:59
Cv7t70_vyaagwe3
joined Nov 19, 2017

Um... surprise frienemy? Ok. Expected a lot of things, but nipple drilling in a jacuzzi was definitely not one of those.

Grail
Image Comments 20 Aug 15:31
Cv7t70_vyaagwe3
joined Nov 19, 2017
D4gdo33u8aa9l3h-orig

Wow this looks like Dowman Sayman but too wholesome.

Author: Dowman Sayman

Horyshittttttt!

Cv7t70_vyaagwe3
joined Nov 19, 2017

This went way past the useless territory. It's been a while since a character in a yuri story pissed me off this much. There is dumb, and then there is plain oblivious. Curse my brain for thinking too much on this. So the wife forgot husband's business trip, also somehow missed the bit where the husband was packing for a 3 months business trip. Did she literally sleep her entire life away and just not retain any useful information? The husband/wife relationship is also stupidly shakey judging by her behavior in the chapter. Unless plot twist, the husband's nearly as space brained as the wife. In that case, match made in black hole I guess.

And gosh darn it, I expected some form of romantic or yandere shenanigans involving boat or kitchen utensils. There was no payoff whatsoever. The panel with the boat is more rewarding than the lackluster space cadet end. Pretty weak way to end the one-shot collection I have to say. The other one-shots are pretty great though.

Grail
Image Comments 29 Jun 04:52
Cv7t70_vyaagwe3
joined Nov 19, 2017

Anthuria has a habit of saying/doing embarrassing things, seconds later regrets saying/doing said embarrassing things. Definitely broke my wallet a bit when she was first released...

Grail
Image Comments 31 May 04:07
Cv7t70_vyaagwe3
joined Nov 19, 2017
D7ldhj_vuaeyznt-orig

Sandwich Emblem