Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

You straight women who:
^ go to meet lesbians in lesbian bars
^ tell them you love them, repeatedly
^ hang AII over them, repeating how much you Love them
^ teII your co-workers you're unavailable because you love a certain lesbian
^ etc

PIease stop! Iook how confused you're making Hiroko!

last edited at May 19, 2023 4:27PM

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

I can’t really relate to all these complaints.

Agreed. Of course, matters of taste are matters of taste. But "not happy, not content" seems to be the basic mode for many people these days. I found this to be a funny story with very cute art and great characters. It was a bit different than normal, had surprisingly some character growth (lol) and had a good and clear ending which is a bit rare.

Yeah, it’s amazing how many people seem to have been reading this as primarily a rom-com devoted to an ultimate romantic end-game, when it’s been a (barely) subtext-y gag manga from the very beginning.

I always feel like everyone wants all kinds of stories to read exactly like a planned out novel. Episodic stories by their nature, just can't flow at the pace all readers would want, and progression and endings sometimes seem "forced' because there just isn't room to detail every change in thought and motivation.

They should read more fan fiction - or at least more Dickens

A rushed ending is 100% better than no ending at all

last edited at May 19, 2023 4:12PM

joined Jan 5, 2015

Going to her sister for help is definitely the smartest thing she has done so far.

Coming out to her sister is going to force her to return all that spent blackmail money.

"With all due respect, you are the same little bitch that extorted money from me, your own big sister, so you wouldn't tell the family I was gay, just so you could blow it on gay hookers, right? My advice is to grow a soul!"

It looks like her sister turned out better than she did, though, so I think she'll forgive her and give good advice.

last edited at May 18, 2023 2:42PM

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

The priest is spoiling his daughter so much he won't even tell her what's wrong with the "divert the trolley so it kills the fat man in the cave" dilemmas. Which may spell his death. Clearly, they should team up: the priest, to find out who in the hierarchy is gathering the data, and why, the hit-woman to get herself and Benika and father to safety.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Which girl did this yaoi doujin?

Onibi?

last edited at May 9, 2023 1:05AM

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

In this case, Idiot Couple in the sense they use it on Dynasty is just fine. It's not like they're not both being idiots. It's a less happy version of Futari Monologue, and they're less intelligent than the two girls in that, to boot.

joined Jan 5, 2015

Love Rival at 12 o'clock - get your pepper spray and taser ready, Protagonisto-chan!

last edited at May 7, 2023 3:47PM

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Hiroko has obvious yuri goggles, hope she doesn't bother that straight girl too much!

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

I can't believe even Kamiya Hina would actively cheat on her fiance, right in front of her! Is there no depths she won't sink to? Will Honda Akari die of a broken heart? This is such a tragic story!

joined Jan 5, 2015

They're useless lesbians in the American, "Tiffany, you useless lesbian!" sense.

joined Jan 5, 2015

Those boys really thought I was hot? Oh my God, I’m cured! I want the boys! - Tara Maclay.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

I like how the author told us to think of this as a "friendship" story xD

Where the fuck do I get friends like this

Have you tried living in a gay manga?

no but where's the isekai truck to get there?

You need to have something to fix or change for Truck-kun to answer your prayers. Maybe Revolutionary Girl Utena - there's a whole world of wrong going on in that world.

In Sasemaki Koto or Aoi Hana, you'd basically say, get together already.

Truck-kun wants to kill people who can help the cause!

Marion Diabolito
A-Channel discussion 21 Apr 23:45
joined Jan 5, 2015

A-Channel is a mini-Virgins Empire these days

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Is it me, or does Koguma have some sort of disorder? Or is she just very innocent and ignorant? She brings up all sorts of rules that I can't imagine a Japanese high school having, and Hino always questions them, but she never gives up on them. For context, the school I taught at for years was what would be a magnet school in the US or an elite state school in the UK like Twyford C of E High School. We did have the rules like no stopping off anywhere before you got home and took off your uniform, and the teachers having to watch out for the students if they saw them outside of school, but it seemed to me like Koguma thought anything she noticed about Hino was illegal, basically.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

a yuri about people actually communicating and having mostly healthy relationships, what black magic is this

They hired someone to draw a "Matsuri Mizusawa character," but they read and watched Citrus too much and just curled up in a ball in the corner instead of drawing.

In an official statement, Ichijinsha and Comic Yuri Hime apologised for the oversight.

Also: Seeing the assistants contributing artwork is very heartwarming.

last edited at Apr 20, 2023 11:52AM

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015
78473867_p0

The thing is, she IS innocent, and Sachi knows it. Like, really innocent. The kind of girl who gets fooled into going to mixers and has bad things happen to her.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015
Spacefatman-1469707976168861700-img1

I honestly don't see the appeal of YuriMoko and somehow that one's first??

They are, really, soulmates. That said, now realise it's Kuroki we're talking about: is a soulmate for her really a good idea? She probably needs someone she has less in common with.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Tomoko and Hina kind of made the whole story for me. Nemo knows with Tomoko you have to be blunt. And of course, Minami-san would want seppuku if she knew Kuroki was listening in on her first time and commenting on it.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Sachikiba pairing! (Kibako = fang-girl).

last edited at Apr 17, 2023 10:52AM

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

I think the problem for sensei is that she has RPF - resting predator face.

Her tsundere thing is a little more voluntary.

last edited at Apr 17, 2023 2:53AM

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

The warrior/paladin and the mage are bootstrapping each other in time. Elsa gets Yvonne free of the game, sends her back to rescue Elsa and train her, meanwhile Yvonne trained herself up to rescue Elsa, who trains herself up to rescue Yvonne, who breaks free of the game so as not to harm Elsa, who ...

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Sorry, despite the succinct description I am not entirely sure what this tag is actually about.
Are we talking about literal idiots(lacking intelligence) or people who just behave like idiots or airheads or dense characters? Couples without common sense?

It seems awfully vague tbh.

It is necessarily that way. The term is bakappuru (baka + kappuru) and it's normally used in Japan for sickeningly sweet couples who do demonstrative PDA etc. It's only very gradually and occasionally been used like it is here, and that might be feedback from the West.

Here, it's being used more for couples who don't know they're couples or who have general foolishness. Hence, part of the confusion.

It's like how here "useless lesbians" is used here for women who don't follow through in yuri situations.

Its American internet origins are the opposite. A lesbian girl named Tiffany saw a girl in a Catholic schoolgirl uniform fall down, and she was so entranced by seeing her panties she couldn't move to help her up. Her friend not only scolded her by calling her a "useless lesbian," but she hit her with a Bible.

last edited at Apr 8, 2023 12:29AM

joined Jan 5, 2015

I would like to see a Yandere tag on this. Is that reasonable? The Rival-san is positively scary.

joined Jan 5, 2015

If the bakkapuru didn't realise Yuu and Sara are going out, I am starting to worry what their grades might be like.

I have felt all along this is a strange manga, tbh. They're such a weird combination of effort and timidity, both of them.

The art is really beautiful, by the way, especially the main pair.

Is the moral of the story going to be that if you suffer along the way, your love will be all the more precious?

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

So I almost got it right What she actually does is use the perfectly ordinary but a bit teacher-y "no desu" all the time.

Sumi uses "no ja"

Thanks, is that even quirkier, since ja is usually a substitute for dewa? I thought for sure I heard her say no desu also. (on looking it up, it seems like quite old people and especially people around Hiroshima use it).

last edited at Apr 4, 2023 9:22PM