Forum › Posts by xxcindybeexx

xxcindybeexx
Image Comments 08 Jul 07:10
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014
Eypsyt_ucaawutj-orig

i don't think i'll ever tire of catradora. i've rewatched the last episode so many times by now XD

xxcindybeexx
School Zone discussion 05 Jul 05:23
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

well now we know why she was staring in horror at the toilet on front page of chapter 11 XD

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

lmao those are some tired looking ladies

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

if this was a guy doing it to her everyone would be up in arms about rape lol. the power of yuri i guess

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

i really enjoy this one. the bumps in this relationship seem so much more real. and you can feel the effort they are putting into their relationship

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

hahah credit page

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

Just saw the raws.
From the looks of it Mochida is being a real bitch

Wait, where are the raws uploaded?

fb darling

Eww, facebook.

In another note, I would really appreciate it if people stop spoiling shit in the forums, especially using my translations. It ruins the experience for people who're not looking to be spoiled, even if it's in spoiler text. I even had to lie about making mistakes to try and discredit the spoilers.

:/ i agree. it's disrespectful to the ppl who take the time to work on this stuff, and enjoy making these for others to enjoy.

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

i wanna know what she was doing with the handkerchief...sniffing it? XD

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

I've been here for quite a long time (being a yuri fan for a lot longer) and subtext unless being extremely well done can die in a fucking car fire after all these years going through literal shit most of the time.

lmaoooo hahahah ikr? i found my way to yuri probably around 2004/2005? maybe earlier? dling releases from lilliliscious' website lol. luckily i came later when there was SOME content that was actual yuri but....the gene pool was deffo lacking. i remember watching mariasama after so many ppl were like cheer eek yuri and i finished it and was like....wait...that was it? lol and scouring and watching series for that ONE SCENE that was KINDA MAYBE yuri lol. it's 2020 we deserve better D:

as for this one they said there's 2 more chapters so i think it's just starting, and not just being subtext and off screen stuff.

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

hahahah i love how proud of herself she looked for her clipped nails

xxcindybeexx
Image Comments 17 Jun 06:10
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014
Ezx1faqx0ag_ouv-orig

soooooo no one's mentioned this yet but she-ra can transform her sword into ANYTHING riiiight....

xxcindybeexx
Image Comments 17 Jun 05:50
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014
Eaanooqu8aex2zl-orig

lmaoooooooooo ooooomggg best one yet

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

I'm 23

Confirmed smol baby child.

I mean I also don't know about that one, Im an engineer, I have a wife, I have a house, I pay taxes, I'd say my life is as put together as any adults, but welp guess you just need to be old to count as an adult, I'm not salty or anything just saying age is not exactly an indicator of maturity.

Anyways, all I'm trying to say is that by 17 part of your core personality is already formed, sure you change a quite a bit in your years in college (if you even go there) or get a job or whatever, till you're like 25 maybe? but I'd say no one goes through a radical change by that point unless some extraordinary circumstances happen, no matter what Adachi is still gonna be an introvert and Shima is gonna continue to like sleeping.

Sure they're both changing quite a bit in their own way now with Adachi finally having someone she loves/depends on for the first time in her life and just barely getting to know what it means to keep a relationship so maybe she will change the most, but her weirdo persona is not going away, Shima has stated several times that she wants to change and be a more ... Outgoing person I guess? And someone that can be kinder and more understanding, also finding a meaningful relationship herself as she has stated she's scared of being alone but with her it's more of a personal and conscious decision while Adachi is just developing her people skills for the first time, but I'd have to agree with Shima in that maybe it's too late already and there will not be a big magical change in her, they're both mostly gonna stay who they are now I'd guess.

lol trust us when we say this, and you'll chuckle at yourself for thinking this way once you're 30+, you (and them) are indeed still just kids. having a job/being married/buying a house is no indication whatsoever on maturity. look at those child youtubers like unspeakable. they are "adults" but i have never seen a bigger man child than him and all the other youtubers like him. yet he has a "job," a house, and the other youtuber like him, preston, is married with same thing, and they are DEFINITELY still children.

it is not to belittle you, because you sound quite well together, but yes you are still quite young.

edit: and this is speaking from my own experience. i have always been much more mature for my age, but being almost 34, i can really see a difference between now and the 17 yr old me. and i'm sure in another 10 years i'll see a diff from the me now and the future me.

last edited at Jun 14, 2020 4:06PM

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

As someone who (unfortunately) relates A LOT with Adachi it's kinda sad to see people calling her insane but maybe I'm overreacting, idk.
I'll preface this with saying that Adachi's behavior is excessive and very overbearing but whilst it may come of as "insane" her actions are based on logic, twisted as that logic may be.
She is a victim of neglect and thus never got taught how to actually manage her emotions and was never really taught that she has value and thus naturally she doesn't value herself.
Her emotional age is way younger than her physical age, most of her reactions are things you'd expect from a child.
Speaking from firsthand experience, it doesn't matter if you spend large amounts of time alone trying to "fix" your emotions, without actual experience with people who treat you well it's VERY unlikely that you will actually start valuing yourself and treat yourself with respect (at least if your issues stem from the same source as Adachi and you exhibit a lot of the same behaviors". This lack of self respect helps explain why someone like Adachi would cling for life to the things they love, it's like going without water in the heat, whenever you find water you are gonna drink more than you need too since you don't know if you'll actually ever find more and then the cycle repeats. Just in Adachi's case it's loneliness and then extreme reactions at the first sign of emotional investment and love. You desperately need experience to grow which is hard to achieve the more unstable you are.
Shimamura needed intrigue and a call to action, she was always capable of dealing with her problems she just needed/needs to learn what they are and figure out what she values and who she wants to be.
Adachi needs are... more complicated. She needs external things like love, patience, structure (as to not let her get her way every time she gets emotional whilst the other person also has patience and understands that recovery and self improvement is a journey) and time.
Her emotional development is so nonexistent that she needs other people to help lay the groundwork so that she can truly start standing on her own legs. That's not to say she doesn't have a responsibility for her own behaviors and reactions, she 100% does, but the things she can actually work on by herself are things that most people don't even
see as possible issues.
Adachi does try very hard to cut back on how clingy she is when she can actually conceptualize it. Her base emotional state is really intense which makes her act out at inappropriate times for things that might seem (and are) small but in her mind is huge, kinda like a child.
If Shimamura gets the importance of structure and standing to her beliefs and Adachi gets more self insight and learns to value herself they are actually kind of perfect for each other.

actually very few ppl are calling her insane and understand her lack of experience

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

when shima's mom asked, "are you here to take another bath?" I just died.

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

You seem to be trying to force the situation to adhere to your personal viewpoint which is why everyone's disagreeing with you.

I'm certainly not trying to force the situation to adhere to my personal viewpoint. I'm just telling how the situation seem to me and my opinion and I'm totally fine with everyone's disagreeing with me. It's just mean I have different implications and opinions opposed to everyone here. Even I have different implication on some anime and manga, than I used to have when I was younger. Maybe I'll read this manga again in the future and maybe at that time, future me would have the different implication and different opinions than I currently have.

i half agree with you tbh. there are plenty of ways mai could move on without confessing. the whole thing was about her running away, and she DIDN'T need to confess to confront the truth. she was in love with nanoha, but nanhoa was already in a relationship, and very much in love. that's all she needed to know and accept, and move on. what she does from there is up to her. confessing is honestly quite pointless imo. obviously nanoha would reject her. everyone knew that. there was no "well maybe..." chance. BUT, a choice she did have, was to wait and hope. who is to say nanoha and chidori would be together for ever? if she confessed now, it's a definite no. but if they later break up, and mai still likes her, who's to say what her response would be then? although same could still be said even if she confesses and gets a no. could still try it again later. OR, accept that nanoha and chidori are together, and very happy, and move on. you don't have to get rejected by someone to do that.

although again another way to look at it is, instead of really being a confession, it was more of a goodbye for her love. the confession WAS her moving on. it's like when you tell someone you're angry with them. she was getting the emotions she had been burying for so long out, instead of bottling it up anymore. and maybe THAT'S why chidori encouraged her to do it. not for the confession, or to be fair, but she recognized the pain mai was in and knew she needed to get those emotions out of her. idk, it can go both ways imo.

but what WOULDN'T have been fair, was make chidori keep this huge secret. she is too honest and it would have eaten her up inside.

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

hard core handholding

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

i really wanted to like it but....it feels like absolutely nothing happened lol.

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

I have seen the title used on another Yuri manga before, I swear

Yeah a Homura x Madoka one

no i think i've seen it too and i know it wasn't a puella doujin

edit: not to say there isn't a puella one ALSO, but i'm fairly certain there's another that isn't

last edited at Jun 8, 2020 6:44AM

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

editor: so how many tall women will there be?
Nagori Yu: yes
editor: ...
Nagori Yu: plus one that changes between tall and small

LMAO i love it

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

haha this was cute

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

Ah yes. The "cheating with a man" cliché. Because everybody loves that right?

well what do you expect doesn't really seem like she swung for girls to begin with. sounds like she didn't want to do it with her gf

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

C'mon Shimamura isn't some useless shounen male lead lol when she decides to do something she goes for it cuz it'd be a pain to have misunderstandings most of all with Adachi, can't have her going ballistic again.

Damn I'm usually pretty calm but idk what it is about this series it just makes me lose my cool, Adachi and Shimamura just feel so real I can't help but grow excited along with the characters, I swear when I saw that first I love you I had to get up and walk around a bit to shake off my excitement, and in the second one and with Shimamura being all sweet I had to do it again lol finally this is what I wanted, thank you Sneik truly, they were just both so adorable, Adachi finally getting to hear Shima respond to her love and acting so fucking cute, and he'll is the readers as well finally getting to see Shimamura act like that, kyaaaaaaaa, is a I can say, can't wait for shima POV I really can't wait.

I like the what ifs guys I really do but it does kind of feels like a kick in the balls that just after such a cliffhanger last volume we start with that lol kind of drains the tension out of you .... I did really like that we start off right on the next day, Adachi not even believing it was true and having to call Shimamura, that was cute and sad at the same time you can just feel how much she believes the world is against her and that it's impossible for her to have such a happy outcome.

Yeah both what if are great but then it just leaves you wanting to also continue those stories lol they both seemed very interesting, 2 office ladies getting into a romance when they're kinda hating life and are just going from day to day without really anything happening slowly falling in love? Yes please, Shimamura on the attac ? YES please lol.

Is anyone following any other good romance Light Novels ? Doesn't have to be Yuri, I've just been reading Yuri manga but after this it's kind of not the same I want something with a little more meat like this, I've looked but I can't find other Yuri Light Novels out there, why God whyyyyyyy (well just those Sayaka spin offs and Strawberry something).

it's not romance but there's one other LN i've read, 12 kingdoms. i read it after the anime cut short and never finished their last ark so went for the LN and it was really good. actually make that 2 other LN's i've read, "the irregular at magic highschool" is also super good. this one isn't GL romance either but it does have hints at incest. rest of story is so good though so it's easy to put up with it (personally idc about that kinda stuff in stories so didn't bother me)

that being said i love adachi's little gay heart, i was so excited when i saw shimamura telling her i love you to bits XD

xxcindybeexx
Image Comments 28 May 03:54
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014
Shera

my question is, why do the designs HAVE to be top dollar triple 3d 1080600p quality? why can't they be the way they are and be good? why can't simple be good enough? it's not a show that's about the art anyways. it's a show about catradora dammit, and that's all that matters!

xxcindybeexx
Image Comments 28 May 02:59
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014
Ehvqo3swkaaojef-orig

i really wished they could have ended up together in the end. there was deff some strong vibes between the two. man i love that series though, hate that it never got finished.