Forum › Posts by Marion Diabolito

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I think Tsubasa is to blame. Look at all the other Hono-X pairings.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

every single day, i really, REALLY wish i'd never translated the original oneshot

Not me, thank you for it. Seriously, this series has an audience. And I haven't given up hope for the mangaka's oriiginal plan to work out - in this modern environment it's probably quite wise. They have some of us hyped for following Saeko and Miwa's relationship as exes in a band.

Breaking up doesn't have to end everything, including the series. Amano Shuninta and Hakamada Mera have done series where exes still have feelings about each other, but it's pretty rare. I mean exes who aren't jumping back into each other's arms. Takemiya Jin doesn't count because normally the exes are "evil exes." Mera's are, too, but the protagonist often has unfinished business with them.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

It feels to me more like gang up on Miwa, period. Worse, her being high maintenance is purely an informed trait. We get told about it by the rest of the band, etc. -- all people who know Saeko way better than they know Miwa. I would go the other way and say Saeko is insensitive, and the other girl is insensitive and un-self-aware to boot. I do think the series takes Miwa's POV mostly, but she's the "outsider," so that's typical. Still, has anything been actually shown either in the series or the pilot that would indicate Saeko and the band are right?

last edited at Jul 6, 2019 5:49PM

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

I think they're more or less a canon couple. Mako is supportive and Yoshida clearly sees her as best friend and is protective.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

If he's hurting her hair it should be pointed out to him sharply that it's a woman's treasure. Just saying.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

I had already read this years ago. It presages her more recent racy Ryuuminboshi doujin - notice that BuCap are actually, openly having sex and they got nowhere near that "on-screen" in any of her other Saki doujins. The closest they came was when Kana wanted to know how Mihoko knew what Hisa had been dreaming about and Hisa basically said, do you want us to tell you how we make love? Do you really? Hisa never gives an inch in these things.

To quote Hisa's audience in another hakka-ya doujin

Womanizer

She's a womanizer

last edited at Jul 6, 2019 5:39PM

Marion Diabolito
Image Comments 02 Jul 20:37
joined Jan 5, 2015
Tumblr_pmsh6giiix1qgcds1o1_1280

I always loathed Tuxedo simply because before he showed up, Sailor Moon was saying nothing but "Sailor Mars is so hot!" "Is that what a shrine maiden looks like? I wanna do that!" complete with lilttle hearts. They were headed straight for cousin status.

Here: https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/691/598/76f.jpg

last edited at Jul 22, 2019 12:38AM

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Our Angel returneth! From Slow Start Stardom back to Saki Sentiments!

last edited at Jul 22, 2019 12:48AM

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

I think this deserves a "What the fuck am I reading" tag.

Not for the rest of them but for Mako, absolutely.

Did Mako ever say we have a casualty?

It was funny when she said it about Yuri "gloomy girls are hilarious" evil catgirl point. After that it wasn't even funny.

I think the whole point was Kuroki falling back into her old thought patterns in what's become a semi-yuri manga. Embarrrassing herself in class, bemoaning her fate not having a boyfriend, etc. It comes across as ridiculous in the modern Kuroki era.

It's definitely bizarre but not Pop Team Epic or Dowman Sayman level bizarre.

Okay which character in mr despair is Mako parodying if shes not being Mako?

last edited at Jul 1, 2019 11:03PM

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

The World Amateur Mahjong League should give Ritz some sort of award, IMO.

Marion Diabolito
Image Comments 28 Jun 06:57
joined Jan 5, 2015
Dkfce09v4aymvdm-orig

Nezchan:

It's not the deepest show but if you watch it avoid spoilers. Not knowing some of the mystery helps you enjoy it.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

i acutally like the koko x myako ship i don´t think the myako x hana works at all

Same here, though Miyako might be willing to go the Yuzumori/Ginza route. i think her and Hana understand each other better nowadays.

Because I like pairing up characters, I think Kouko x Miyako does a lot of good.
It keeps Miyako from romantically obsessing on Hana (which at least for now is a good thing).
It helps force Hinata the sis-con to give up on her sister.
That gives Noah a chance with Hinata.

If just one person turning around breaks the whole love dodecahedron, that's often the best outcome.

Also, Kouko loves Miyako for herself, regardless of what she finds out about her, and despite her fixation on Hana, Miyako is such a nice character she deserves that. Plus even if they dated, Miyako would still make treats for the kids, so Hana would be fine.

Marion Diabolito
Image Comments 26 Jun 20:38
joined Jan 5, 2015
[nuka]

drpepperfan looking it over now I agree with you. Tomoko didn't do anything to Yoshida deliberately, but Yoshida had no way of knowing it's just Tomoko's issues coming out, and she reacted understandably.

Also its a good pair for Tomoko but i think Mako is a better fit for Yoshida. Tomoko has her choice of up to a dozen girls. I also agree with the fans who say Yoshida is very protective. Mako genuinely cares about Yoshida and seemingly has for a long time.

last edited at Jun 26, 2019 8:40PM

Marion Diabolito
Image Comments 26 Jun 20:35
joined Jan 5, 2015
75318030_p0

Even if they arent like sisters, both Yuri and Asuka are beating Yoshida 2-1 so far.

I like the fan theory that Tomoko lives with all of them in a nice flat. I say it's in Paris or Vienna or some such.

Marion Diabolito
Image Comments 26 Jun 20:10
joined Jan 5, 2015
Dxnbjbqumaajilm

It's only ecchi if you cast Summon Strategic Onions

last edited at Jun 26, 2019 8:10PM

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

By the way, what could have possessed the authoress of the beloved Kasumi and Acchan series to descend to drawing incest doujins? Demons?

Marilyn Manson.

I KNEW IT!!!!!!

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

So how does this stack up against Wife and Wife and Chatting at the Amber Teahouse?

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

OMG they're playing Go! Like, young people never, ever, ever play Go. Shogi, sure. These two are made for each other.

Pretty sure that is shogi... They are shaped like shogi pieces anyway.

it was too good for this sinful Earth :(

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

I think little sister needs to stop trying to steal her older sister's woman - especially because Kasumi is totally not into her. I guess she's still the "comic relief."

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Sempai truly is cool.

Hina, also, is cooler than Mikage. Mikage has no chill.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

For all the people calling this a happy end, I'd just like to point out that the older sister wasn't really a failure or an incompetent as her younger sister was constantly sabotaging her from behind the scenes. Given her behavior for most of the one shot, it seems like she'd very much not like how things ended. She just gave in and became her sister's wife because she had no other choice.

I really wouldn't call this a happy end.

It is, for the older sister, who is very happy no longer having any pressure. Just look at her face! On the other hand, the younger sister clearly is not enjoying her position and the pressure that comes with it. Just look at her face.

I also feel Mochi is implying they have a bit of a D/s relationship that suits both of them.

By the way, what could have possessed the authoress of the beloved Kasumi and Acchan series to descend to drawing incest doujins? Demons?

last edited at Jun 25, 2019 5:01PM

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE CUTE STORIES LIKE THIS, why can't we have more of this?
DRAMA + RESOLUTION = BORING
FLUFFINESS + FLUFFINESS = WHOLESOMENESS

I see much more drama than fluffiness now. Am I missing some sort of hidden fluffiness? They seem like they're on the verge of a breakup and will be lucky to keep their friendship intact. If it weren't a Morinaga Milk manga, that is.

Marion Diabolito
Image Comments 16 Jun 19:54
joined Jan 5, 2015
75222281_p1

Poor Yuu! Little did she suspect a Toukokaiju would rise up out of the depths and devour her!

Admittedly, she did just sit there in the pool for an hour.

Marion Diabolito
Image Comments 16 Jun 19:52
joined Jan 5, 2015
75188621_p0

"Now Bocchi, when we talk again you have to have ____ed every girl in your class."
"Don't worry, Kai, Aru and I will show her the ropes."
"Not the ropes! You'll scare her off!"

Marion Diabolito
Image Comments 16 Jun 19:45
joined Jan 5, 2015
Dvbgj-ru8aahrkh-orig

Only if you're really into English would you conflate Yō/Yoo/You to the Yuu/Yu- sound of the English version of Anata/Kimi, I think. Not that it wouldn't be gotten, but it wouldn't be a common pun. I am a huge fan of Chika x You because I see You as really sacrificing a lot for Chika's dreams, including a lot of her own.