Forum › Posts by elevown

elevown
Image Comments 22 Aug 09:55
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
83780062_p1

Wow these are great character designs- very striking - and hot ofcourse!

Like people say it really makes it seem like they must be from some established franchise.
And I'd certainly give it a watch if it was lol.

I like how they are both different ranks -on the badge and belt stars, so I guess the navy? maybe a maraine and petty officer or whatever?

The black stockings have 2 chevrons like her 2 stars so maybe go also with the rank? The tie color as well probably

last edited at Aug 22, 2020 10:04AM

elevown
Image Comments 22 Aug 09:52
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Exqwojbumaycxk5-orig

Did she really just ruffle her hair in there lol?

elevown
Image Comments 22 Aug 09:49
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
83450133_p4

Didnt expect these 2 as a couple lol- but its cute!

elevown
Image Comments 22 Aug 09:46
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Eeq7eaaxoae1goc-orig

Oh yeah its Petra who has that tatoo in the game isnt it? On her right arm? I wonder if getting a matching one is something specific to marriage in her country or just something her wife did to match her?

last edited at Aug 22, 2020 1:46PM

elevown
Image Comments 22 Aug 09:41
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Ek42ynzxkaekowr-orig

I actually kinda expected something like that for real in the game when I saw the room lol.

I wouldnt be suprised if their first night together was there.

last edited at Aug 22, 2020 9:41AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Can anyone explain what im looking at in the last panel? It looks like random shapes with a face in the middle?

It's called chibi, it's pretty common.

Lol- I know what chibi is- it was a lot more common back in the day.

That wasnt the problem- I couldnt see a hint of a human bar the facial elements- the rest looked like random disjointed shapes! But i've seen it now - she is falling forward with her long hair streaming up.. I literally couldnt see it lol.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Can anyone explain what im looking at in the last panel? It looks like random shapes with a face in the middle?

elevown
Image Comments 18 Aug 14:57
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
77283294_p0

How do we get to office ladies, beyond being age appropriate?

Very nice pic/art tho!

elevown
Image Comments 18 Aug 14:54
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Eczhisdu8aazxcr-orig

Fantastic composition!

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Mochi's new art style is kinda creeping me out :/
Facial expressions on pg 4 were really weird and that tomboy girl straight up looks like a guy

That has NOTHING to do with art style. THAT is just a girl who looks quite like a guy

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

So this isnt a historical setting right? Just like set nowadays in an historical district.

Also @rainbow8 The pay for gay tag seems more to be used as tho it was 'gay for pay' - its often used for 'being gay' to make money- whereas the prostitution tag is for when they are gay, (or het if there are any) and just doing it for money too.

Like Yurikas campus life where she is always having sex with girls to get her way in various situations but claims she is straight.

last edited at Aug 17, 2020 3:47PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

You can still see the same stylistic elements, but the art is way less simple. Very nice.
Not that I dont like their origional art too.

elevown
1 x ½ discussion 16 Aug 10:58
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Sorry to interrupt this serious discussion but Taiyaki just posted on twitter which were already uploaded to mangadex. Can't wait to see the images here. Taiyaki does NOT hold back. I fully support her decision and more power to her and her mother x daughter fantasies.

I love her work too and hope they stick with it - and I also hope they dont make major changes to make it more publishable- for example make her an adopted daughter or some kind of cop-out.

elevown
1 x ½ discussion 16 Aug 10:56
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^They are not taking a break- they are gonna redraw everything published up to now.

By time they finish in a few years, their art will be better I'd assume not worse.

last edited at Aug 16, 2020 10:56AM

elevown
1 x ½ discussion 16 Aug 10:39
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^How so? there is a difference between demanding you get something like you are owed it, and just expecting your feelings to me taken into consideration. If they do so and go ahead with something they know will be unpopular anyway then thats fine- as long as they dont complain about the inevitable complaints some will give or a loss of readers etc.

last edited at Aug 16, 2020 10:41AM

elevown
1 x ½ discussion 16 Aug 10:31
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^No, you dont have a 'right' to anything- but they DO have a duty to have some consideration for the feelings of their audience, because it was the author that got them invested by their action of publishing their content. A creator who consistantly ignores their audience or disgruntles them will soon have no audience.

Also, the vast majority of creators, no matter how much they like or not their own work- will largely judge its worth and be happy based in large part on the feedback they get from others.

As I expressed it's still their call ofcourse- but surely the author doesnt WANT all their readers to naff off- otherwise why bother have social media accounts and makes posts etc.

last edited at Aug 16, 2020 10:46AM

elevown
1 x ½ discussion 16 Aug 08:02
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

@Pyoro I dont really agree that makes any difference. When you pay for a work of fiction, you do so at your own risk- you have presumably done research or know you want a product first, most of the time- but you get whatever the author/artist made with no guarantees you will find it worth your money. The author doesn't 'owe' you more because you bought it. You only deserve the production quality to be of a minimum.

BUT- whether a work is bought or free- it is not ONLY the authors belonging any more once they put it out there.
Sure, it is in a literal sense. They can stop working on it half way through and bin it all if they want- but they are NOT just writing it for themselves- they could leave it all in a cupboard if they dont WANT to share it.

Once they put it out into the world to share with others, they form a kind of contract with the readers- like it or not.
The readers expend time and energy in it- they get emotionally attached and vested in the story and characters.

Delaying it hugely WILL cause emotional pain and upset / anger to some readers. It is not being mindful of them - or even considering them in my opinion- because this edit could have easily been done AFTER part 2 was finished.

I support their right to do this edit still as the author- in that it is their work and they need creative freedom to do whatever they feel they need to. BUT- I feel it is the WRONG move- not just for the readers, but also the author and whatever reasons they think they need to do it for will probably turn out false and for the worse unfortunatley.

I'd say they have no better than a 1 in 4 chance of this working out :( I'm worried It will either be abandoned entirely or they will drop the rewrite and go back to the story- or it will just turn out to make the story worse.

They should have finished it and left it as is and used all this time and effort on the NEXT work- which can be better for all they learned writing this one.

If this does go ahead long term then I hope for the best- and that I will be proved wrong- I'm just going on past experiences.

last edited at Aug 16, 2020 8:05AM

elevown
1 x ½ discussion 15 Aug 17:53
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

@Cryssoberyl Yup- more or less what I think too- I hope it goes well and fast- OR they drop the idea and pick the story back up quickly! There is always time to waste redoing it after its all finished if they want to try again.

Or why not bring the 'new better way of doing it' directly to the 2nd half so all the readers are not waiting years? And go back and redo part 1 after?

All the time spent redoing it could be used to do ANOTHER entire story- equally bringing their new skills and learning to play. And I have very rarely seen this lead to good results..

last edited at Aug 15, 2020 5:56PM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I dont agree with anyone calling her a player or womaniser.. It seems far more unfocused than that.. Like she just drifts about without aim? I mean its functionally very similar but I mean I didnt sense or see any consious manipulation or self serving behaviour really? She was about to move out till she was stopped.

last edited at Aug 15, 2020 3:47PM

elevown
1 x ½ discussion 15 Aug 15:31
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Damn.. while I wish them well and hope it turns out great- it sucks because it means like YEARS before we get a continuation. Also- Imo, second guessing and editing your work often makes it worse even if you have more skills now.
And making it snappier and less detailed and faster moving etc like edits often do is ALSO almost always worse I think.

I think you should just improve your work as you go and then bring what you learn to your NEXT work..

I can easily see them loosing interest half way through too.. I've lost count of how many fan fics etc i've seen 'start over'
only to stop after 1 or 2 chapters.

It also doesn't seem very considerate to your audience, to make them all wait so long.. couldnt they have done this re-edit after finishing part 2 as well?

And, what do they mean by part 2 is a huge change in theme? Is it somehow not about these 2 any more? It might as well be a new story if its gonna radically change or jump to new protags or whatever?

And if its carrying on as is with these 2, and what looks like would come next, I dont see how that is a major change in theme? The THEME is surely a girls incestous feelings for her mom. Change that and you loose everything that makes this story imo.

last edited at Aug 15, 2020 5:30PM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^^Sure she might just end up being that black haired girl to the next woman, but its also possible she can properly settle down with her i guess? She doesn't seem like a serial cheater, more just unfocused and sloppy / flighty?

last edited at Aug 15, 2020 10:41AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

She - and they, are so good at keeping it a secret she could be dating all 3 of them and they'd not have a clue.

elevown
Image Comments 12 Aug 17:14
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Mariali%20discussing%20the%20creation%20of%20life

Actually I dont think it would be much easier for Alice to achieve that with Marisa lol.

elevown
Image Comments 11 Aug 00:27
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
83453600_p0

Girl on the left couldnt be sat like that with the other girls legs crossed how they are- her hips would be higher and kinda twisted- you'd probably even see a bit of her raised left leg going over silver girls right one..

Aside from that its very nice :)

elevown
Image Comments 11 Aug 00:18
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
76803018_p0

@Clueless1 To be fair when the focus is the girls, it's not a big deal.

What I would do though so its not so obvious, was copy over the post prior to adding the first lot of flowers, draw one set of flowers - on another layer ofcourse- and then copy and paste individual flowers across, putting them in different places etc, and then patch it up.

Not quite as fast and easy but still not much extra work.

last edited at Aug 11, 2020 12:19AM