Forum › Posts by SushiKnight

SushiKnight
Image Comments 21 Mar 17:00
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015
Dtoulzbumaaemym-orig

Ryoma x Xander ? For the sake of thorough tagging, is all.

edit: It doesn't exist already, which might be why I'm having trouble suggesting the tag change. Not 100% certain how that works. It says the text field is blank.

last edited at Mar 21, 2018 5:05PM

SushiKnight
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

I'm certain it must be repressed memories, and here is my highly compelling argument why the apparent lack of aging is not important:

As everyone knows, japanese people stop aging past their mid 20's. They remain youthful all the way up to their 60's/70's at which point they weave a cocoon and enter hibernation for 4-6 weeks. After their metamorphosis is complete they emerge a fully formed ojii-san/obaa-chan, appearing as a small, turtle-like creature with a sunhat and cane. http://www.marycagle.com/letsspeakenglish/82-oh-my-baachan

SushiKnight
Image Comments 10 Mar 23:26
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015
4532684_p0

tbh I'd expect something more like a Yuyuko ouroboros. A Yuyukouroboros, if you will.

last edited at Mar 10, 2018 11:31PM

SushiKnight
Image Comments 09 Mar 15:11
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015
Dug3o_gv4aasiix-orig

^Almost certainly

SushiKnight
OP! discussion 08 Mar 14:56
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Op.

SushiKnight
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

This is awful but it was so captivating I couldn't look away. It's like a trainwreck except the train is gay.

SushiKnight
Image Comments 03 Mar 22:24
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015
Tumblr_nsf9jafcnt1rpyd0qo1_1280

Seeing the knotted string made me think Yukari was there somewhere. Just creepin' on them maybe.

SushiKnight
Night Bus discussion 28 Feb 00:49
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

They exchanged their number after that.

I've read enough manga to know that actually means "After this they had lots of sex."

SushiKnight
New Game discussion 22 Feb 16:08
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Nene with the milk mustache got a big snort of laughter from me.

Can someone explain why Naru's mother keeps calling her "Tsubame"? Did I completely miss something there?

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

I can think of a couple Visual novels that feature one or more major characters with disabilities, but they're both strictly het.

First is the always fantastic and highly regarded Katawa Shoujo in which all the love interests (and nearly every other character, actually) have a disability of some sort. It's free, lengthy, and astonishingly high quality considering what its background is. (Definitely take a moment to read about the devs' story if you're interested.) Katawa Shoujo was one of my first VN's and remains one of my very favorites to this day.

Second is If My Heart had Wings, which is on steam for I think $40, though price may have dropped since launch. There is one love interest (out of 4 or so?) with a disability that is a significant part of her character. This one's a long read, probably 20-30 hours depending on read speed. There's a fan re-translation and content restoration patch, though it's been a long time so I don't think I'd be any help finding or installing it. Check the community hub for it on steam and there might be a topic or guide on it.

Again these are both 100% het, so if that's something you absolutely can't stand that they simply won't be worth playing for you. If you're ok with it though, Katawa Shoujo is one of my #1 VN recommendations.

edit: oops. The OP is from nearly a year ago. Well... uh, if anyone else wants recommendations on not-yuri VN's... there it is. >.>

last edited at Feb 21, 2018 10:56PM

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

I'm in favor of bullet, partially because I had no idea "rotor" could refer to a vibrator, but mostly because it's a fantastic double entendre when combined with a delinquent girl.

Also this had me guffawing at several points, I'm looking forward to more!
("a pure maiden at heart", lmao)

last edited at Feb 21, 2018 3:26PM

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Oh my... this is surprising and quite upsetting.

Ssamba, the world will be a darker place without you. Hopefully the happiness you've given to so many will help us make it shine some day.

Thank you, and may you rest in peace.

SushiKnight
Tremolo discussion 21 Feb 02:18
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

This would be better as a series.

I don't think the story really has the legs for a series. Maybe a sequel or some sort of epilogue, but everything is pretty neatly wrapped up by the end of this.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

i like to watch starwars

I just like to watch.
┴┬┴┤◕ ◡ ◕ )

SushiKnight
Image Comments 20 Feb 21:31
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015
Butterflies2

@Orochi5
I'd honestly be surprised if it wasn't ladies first (pun intended). Popular media, at least in the west (or at least in the US) has always been slightly more accepting of lesbians than gay men in my (admittedly limited) experience, at least when "testing the waters" as I would expect Disney to do heavily. I can't say I approve of the reason why that is, or rather what I assume it is, but that's what I've noticed. The only notable example otherwise I can think of is Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.
Besides, there's the whole Disney Princess™ thing that makes it seem more likely to me.

That was super off topic though, so uh... Sucy is best girl I guess? More like she's best supporting character, but doesn't have the same ring to it. :P

SushiKnight
Image Comments 20 Feb 21:17
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Wait how did she actually see Tracer's underwear? Was it her infra-vision? <_> Tracer's... stockings(?) look really weird though.

SushiKnight
Tremolo discussion 20 Feb 21:14
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

^this. very this

SushiKnight
Image Comments 20 Feb 21:11
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015
Tumblr_ox9ei9usxa1u833p7o1_raw

a legit VN version of the somewhat official fan fic ... Summer's Clover

You and me both, buddy. You and me both...

(also Lily best girl. Anyone who disagrees is actually just wrong. They must have misspoke and meant to say Lily.)

last edited at Feb 20, 2018 9:12PM

SushiKnight
Image Comments 20 Feb 21:02
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015
58862773_p0

more paraplegic Warspite x Kongou, please~! <3

I'd love to see some more representation of people with disabilities in manga in general. Yuri or otherwise. (Somebody gimme some heckin' Katawa Shoujo doujins, dangit!)

last edited at Feb 20, 2018 9:02PM

SushiKnight
Tremolo discussion 20 Feb 20:26
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

wut a disgusting ending
this is fiction,
let me be happy for fuck sake -_-

I mean, what do you want to happen? This is the story the author wanted to write and I assume you didn't commission this.

I fail to see what's disgusting about the ending, too. Is it that one of the girls said she still likes boys even after she had a romantic/sexual encounter with a girl? That's not exactly a novel idea, or an unrealistic one. Further, what does it being fiction have to do with anything? Not all fiction is created to make readers happy, though if that is what you want there's plenty of yuri that is exactly that.

edit: Woah, I did not read the rest of the thread. There's not much for me to add that hasn't been said already, so I'll just add my support to Nez and the others.

Also, people should really get over the idea that butch girls are somehow trying to be a man or whatever. That's just ridiculous, not to mention dehumanizing and objectifying. Same goes for saying that a trans man or woman isn't really a man or woman.

Continuing to find attitudes and beliefs like these is just disappointing, and on a site focused largely on lesbian fiction it's upsetting that even a handful of people would be so disrespectful to people that aren't like them.

last edited at Feb 20, 2018 8:56PM

SushiKnight
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Internet Moomin trolls are okay.

The only kind of internet troll I can truly approve of. (The books were a childhood favorite of mine, and I still love the art style. <3)

Takemiya Jin is a Moomins fan too. She even did fanart!

Seriously? That's awesome! She's one of my absolute favorite yuri mangaka, so that's really cool!

last edited at Feb 20, 2018 8:00PM

SushiKnight
Image Comments 20 Feb 13:54
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015
[ransa]

The face covering one... the blue text backwords reads "if it be founded it would be terrible nice." I assume it's supossed to read like a "I can haz cheezburger" thing but... what's the "nice" there for?

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Well, I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for, as I'm mostly unaware of what's on Lezhin. (I know that Pulse and Lily Love have been published there, but that's about it.) However, if you're just looking for a buffet-style webtoon site, there's LINE's webtoon site.
Most of the content is from Korean authors, translated into english (sometimes other languages too). They've been adding a lot of content from other regions, and have some sort of publishing thing for... I guess the best word I can think of is "amateurs". In terms of yuri, the vast majority of romance is het, though it seems like they've begun working with authors of LGBTQ+ comics more often recently. Most of that is from western authors as far as I've seen (which, frankly, isn't terribly shocking, but if the country of origin bothers you somehow, there's that to consider).

If you're looking specifically for LGBTQ+ works, I highly recommend Always Human, it's very inclusive and exceedingly (maybe even excessively! :P) positive, a nice soothing read to be sure. It finished a little over half a year ago, and I miss it dearly. orz

edit: by the way, what's happening with Lezhin? It sounds alarming, especially considering that at least one of my favorite authors has their work published there.
edit 2: ah, nevermind, looked into it myself... WOW that's shitty. Just... SUPER shitty. What the fuck?

last edited at Feb 20, 2018 1:50AM

SushiKnight
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Internet Moomin trolls are okay.

The only kind of internet troll I can truly approve of. (The books were a childhood favorite of mine, and I still love the art style. <3)

SushiKnight
Tremolo discussion 19 Feb 14:31
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Even if Yumura likes guys too, and ends up choosing to be socially "straight" as an adult, her physical interest in Kurahashi is pretty undeniable. She's at least bi, even if she decides not to explore that part of herself in the future. I'm pretty fine with that outcome, if only because they specifically and consciously allow Kurahashi to reject that path for herself. For her, at least, it's not a phase, and they don't treat it as one. They might stay together, or they might not - but the good ending isn't contingent on their relationship status. They found something in each other that allowed them to understand themselves and their place in the world a little better, and the experience let them grow as people.

I guess that's satisfying enough for me because it didn't really feel like a love story? The love was the means, and not the end, so the fact that it didn't end with them conclusively together felt fine. I didn't feel as if the story tricked me into getting invested in their romance and their feelings for each other, so it was fine for the ending to emphasise their growth instead.

^This.

I was very satisfied by the conclusion.

edit: And Yumura's parents were great. They really did care a lot about Yumura and each other. (I wonder what that secret technique was?)

last edited at Feb 19, 2018 2:35PM