Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

What a cliffhanger...

Kiena
Image Comments 20 Apr 15:27
joined May 20, 2013
Noir04

There's at least one on-screen kiss that does not involve the main leads

It involves one of them, doesn't it? Noir is still one of my favorite yuri anime from Bee Train, despite the notorious ambiguity of gay relationships in their shows. Along with .hack//Sign (canonized in a novel or manga continuation), El Cazador de la Bruja (where it may be closest to text), Madlax (on the back seat), and Avenger (where the plot is against having a lesbian relationship exclusively). I can't remember whether Murder Princess or others are worth mentioning.

last edited at Apr 20, 2019 3:39PM

Kiena
Still Sick discussion 08 Apr 01:59
joined May 20, 2013

Isn't that an empty bubble in the 3rd panel of page 13 (chapter 6)?

joined May 20, 2013

The Drama tag of the original series would fit this sequel much better than Comedy...

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

Chapter 53.5, page 7: "Didn't you get get a C on that mock exam the other day?"

Kiena
Lily Marble discussion 04 Apr 05:26
joined May 20, 2013

Chapter 22, page 8: "But I've never know anyone like that before," ("known")

Kiena
Yuri Moyou discussion 01 Apr 06:43
joined May 20, 2013

Chapter 21 page 1: "I'm close with I've known for years"
"I'm close with and I've known for years" or "I'm close with" = "I've known for years"?

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

An alright start, then a nauseating amount of male validation, then a disappointing ending. Emi's interest in guys is shown to be only about a princess needing a prince, but it still makes Kaori's romantic feelings—what are behind her jealousy—remain one-sided by the end. There is no undeniable sign of Emi even considering a romantic relationship with Kaori (yet)...

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

There is a tiny typo on page 7 of chapter 48: "I want us to holds hands, too!" (Hold.)

Thanks for translating this volume, too, and looking forward to the next.

joined May 20, 2013

On page 23 isn't what Makoto says supposed to be "They're an aspiring mangaka!"?

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

My first thought when I read about swapping with others was that it could've worked with a new set of characters, maybe 3 to 6. Then couples and/or polyamory coming from that, restricting who swaps with whom, would have been a nice romantic development. Instead of undermining how serious the known characters' feelings are for each other. This late, especially after their reluctance before, switching to that will probably devalue everything.

joined May 20, 2013

Do they, like, only have one set of clothes or something?

My exact thoughts, too.

joined May 20, 2013

The gradual changes in the characters' looks have made this manga quite unique, and the story is still promising, as long as Izumi turns out to be "just" a good friend, not part of a love triangle... (Dear My Teacher worries.)

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

Page 9: "hang out out again"

I'm glad it continues. At this pace there should be a lot of room for volumes yet. Not just for two either. It may be a rare case when the main couple is the cutest, but there could be stories about the others, too.

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

Blushing eyes is a noteworthy new thing for me, too.

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

Stupud? (Page 8.)

joined May 20, 2013

Wonderful.

11/10

+1 (21/10?)

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

That’s why absolute precision in tagging is so important. :)

Why is chapter 20 tagged as Delinquent? 21 I get. Shouldn't that tag go from 20 to 22?

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

After looking at the raws, I think I'll keep reading this. Not happy at all, but the backstories seem interesting. With a decent amount of distance kept, of course, to avoid getting depressed, though they may be realistically terrible situations worth reading and being brought to people's attention. I already appreciated that the main character's reasons for attending the school unconditionally had been revealed so soon. How the school in the story can operate may also get fleshed out, eventually. Or it could just turn out to be a bad story, making it hard or impossible to take seriously in it even what may be the criticism of the real world.

last edited at Jan 12, 2019 8:45PM

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

The really sad part is that, on top of the whole human trafficking, terrible families, and adults in general, most of the young characters, the victims, seem to be written so that to make the reader question whether they truly deserve anything better for how they treat others...

Still, thanks for working on it. If it'll have a somewhat positive end, I may read the entire series. Until then I just hope it doesn't take too much time away from other titles.

joined May 20, 2013

This might be the first time I've seen the "oh no, holding hands in public, that's too scary!" and then having the public actually react negatively to it.

Another story that immediately came to mind: Cotton Candy

Sadly I've witnessed negative reactions IRL, too.

Nice story/situations, just too bad she didn't get hugged from behind while they slept, in the end.

joined May 20, 2013

It would be nice if a tag that reads Spoilers could be implemented. When clicked, it'd expand into a box, with the tags that could spoil the story. Then those who want to avoid certain themes could look before reading, while others could go in blind.

It'd also be nice if the box after opening could be 'closed', then it'd either be replaced by the Spoilers tag, or if the tag is never removed, then just removed/hidden, again.

I think this would mean the need to have two tag lists/sets for the releases and could complicate the search as well ("search in spoilers" option and/or to look at both sets). Two sets because a tag may be a spoiler for one story and not for another. (So I wouldn't suggest making it an attribute of tags, unless pairs would then exist, one spoiler, the other not.)

Thinking a bit more, it'd also affect suggestions, probably, to separately suggest addition/removal to/from spoilers and non-spoilers. (At least moving could be suggested as the removal + addition of the same tag in the two categories.)

This is just an idea for how both kinds of readers could be satisfied. (Sorry if this has already been suggested, I didn't go through the earlier posts.)

EDIT: A "Spoilers" button that'd show/hide those tags would probably be a better idea, both because maybe it'd be easier to implement and because a Spoilers tag already exists. (It's just a regular tag with its own meaning.)

last edited at Oct 26, 2018 9:54AM

joined May 20, 2013

Seriously though, that's not what nonplussed means
Yeah was thinking the same

Also her flashback felt like a monologue when it started, but she was narrating it to someone?

Yeah, was she talking to her friend and explaining everything? That’s what I was hoping for.

She was talking to her client. (It's he who asks and comments on pages 7 and 8, too.)

joined May 20, 2013

Did she take off her necklace? (Then didn't forget putting it on in a hurry?)

joined May 20, 2013

And Lily pls, we all know you ain’t a virgin after that incident with the school nurse

Only since then... right? It was very prominent (again) that the author's definition of virginity is based on the state of one's hymen, and isn't that "one has never engaged in sexual intercourse."

last edited at Oct 8, 2018 4:00AM