joined May 20, 2013

Stupud? (Page 8.)

joined May 20, 2013

Wonderful.

11/10

+1 (21/10?)

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

That’s why absolute precision in tagging is so important. :)

Why is chapter 20 tagged as Delinquent? 21 I get. Shouldn't that tag go from 20 to 22?

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

After looking at the raws, I think I'll keep reading this. Not happy at all, but the backstories seem interesting. With a decent amount of distance kept, of course, to avoid getting depressed, though they may be realistically terrible situations worth reading and being brought to people's attention. I already appreciated that the main character's reasons for attending the school unconditionally had been revealed so soon. How the school in the story can operate may also get fleshed out, eventually. Or it could just turn out to be a bad story, making it hard or impossible to take seriously in it even what may be the criticism of the real world.

last edited at Jan 12, 2019 8:45PM

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

The really sad part is that, on top of the whole human trafficking, terrible families, and adults in general, most of the young characters, the victims, seem to be written so that to make the reader question whether they truly deserve anything better for how they treat others...

Still, thanks for working on it. If it'll have a somewhat positive end, I may read the entire series. Until then I just hope it doesn't take too much time away from other titles.

joined May 20, 2013

This might be the first time I've seen the "oh no, holding hands in public, that's too scary!" and then having the public actually react negatively to it.

Another story that immediately came to mind: Cotton Candy

Sadly I've witnessed negative reactions IRL, too.

Nice story/situations, just too bad she didn't get hugged from behind while they slept, in the end.

joined May 20, 2013

It would be nice if a tag that reads Spoilers could be implemented. When clicked, it'd expand into a box, with the tags that could spoil the story. Then those who want to avoid certain themes could look before reading, while others could go in blind.

It'd also be nice if the box after opening could be 'closed', then it'd either be replaced by the Spoilers tag, or if the tag is never removed, then just removed/hidden, again.

I think this would mean the need to have two tag lists/sets for the releases and could complicate the search as well ("search in spoilers" option and/or to look at both sets). Two sets because a tag may be a spoiler for one story and not for another. (So I wouldn't suggest making it an attribute of tags, unless pairs would then exist, one spoiler, the other not.)

Thinking a bit more, it'd also affect suggestions, probably, to separately suggest addition/removal to/from spoilers and non-spoilers. (At least moving could be suggested as the removal + addition of the same tag in the two categories.)

This is just an idea for how both kinds of readers could be satisfied. (Sorry if this has already been suggested, I didn't go through the earlier posts.)

EDIT: A "Spoilers" button that'd show/hide those tags would probably be a better idea, both because maybe it'd be easier to implement and because a Spoilers tag already exists. (It's just a regular tag with its own meaning.)

last edited at Oct 26, 2018 9:54AM

joined May 20, 2013

Seriously though, that's not what nonplussed means
Yeah was thinking the same

Also her flashback felt like a monologue when it started, but she was narrating it to someone?

Yeah, was she talking to her friend and explaining everything? That’s what I was hoping for.

She was talking to her client. (It's he who asks and comments on pages 7 and 8, too.)

joined May 20, 2013

Did she take off her necklace? (Then didn't forget putting it on in a hurry?)

joined May 20, 2013

And Lily pls, we all know you ain’t a virgin after that incident with the school nurse

Only since then... right? It was very prominent (again) that the author's definition of virginity is based on the state of one's hymen, and isn't that "one has never engaged in sexual intercourse."

last edited at Oct 8, 2018 4:00AM

joined May 20, 2013

Niko and Maki's first kiss tasted like Eli...

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

A dark skin color would've been fitting for Chocolate. Otherwise cute, though I don't like the mint taste either... Sorry, Mint.

Kiena
Enough discussion 12 Sep 16:43
joined May 20, 2013

It has a Drama tag.

A lot of stories which things work out in also have that tag, so avoiding everything tagged as Drama would mean missing out on those, e.g. Fall in Love, Shounen, or Tears of Pearl.

last edited at Sep 12, 2018 4:46PM

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

I'm not too happy to see (presumably) a man being the first (and maybe last) to try capitalizing on the success of Nakatani Nio's work and talent. (Not long after hearing about the latest outrage – mostly among women, of course – because of sexism in Japan.)

What are you talking about?

The spin-off:

https://twitter.com/bunko_dengeki/status/1037899792725073920

Sayaka is getting a spin-off novel written by Hitoma Iruma, author of Adachi to Shimamura. Nakatani will do some illustrations for it.

A manga about her from Nakatani Nio could be better. I have no information whatsoever about it, but it isn't clear if she didn't want to do it, or the spin-off of a very popular title was given to Iruma Hitoma who isn't exactly known for his yuri works and at least according to Wikipadia is a male.

The outrage I was referring to is the one that started after the manipulation of women's test scores came to light. It made people talk more about sexism in Japan, and I have to try very hard no to take whom the spin-off was given to as "this is a hit, it's a miracle a woman pulled it off, now let's give the spin-off to that guy at our company, it's a given he'll do a better job than a woman would." I hope it's just me being too negative, at least when it comes to half of that, but I don't have too high hopes for how good it'll be...

Kiena
Enough discussion 12 Sep 15:57
joined May 20, 2013

Tags like Het marriage, Friendzone, Disconnected feelings, and Not a yuri couple/No yuri relationship would be really useful. Spoiler or not.

last edited at Sep 12, 2018 3:58PM

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

I'm not too happy to see (presumably) a man being the first (and maybe last) to try capitalizing on the success of Nakatani Nio's work and talent. (Not long after hearing about the latest outrage – mostly among women, of course – because of sexism in Japan.)

last edited at Sep 7, 2018 3:55AM

joined May 20, 2013

Stretch

It reminds me of Stretch, too. It's very good, it's very ambiguous where it'll go, and there is a great chance there won't be a yuri ending. (Despite all the subtext, they so far don't seem to be thinking about having a girlfriend ever as a realistic option.) Loss and helping each other to move on also seems to be a common theme in both, so a very similar ending wouldn't be surprising. A yuri one would be nice, and not entirely unfitting in my opinion – once they both move on – but it'd require a lot of development from where they are. (The last chapter seemed to be burying that possibility even deeper.)

last edited at Sep 3, 2018 3:27PM

joined May 20, 2013

The end was surprisingly (a bit) dark...

joined May 20, 2013

Who is Marie's special someone?

i feel like if it wasn't mel , marie would have told Mel about it back then

I'd prefer not having another very nice and kind childhood friend in love been friendzoned... Even if chapter 3 and the top middle look may suggest that, without further evidence otherwise. -.-

(In the bottom right picture while saying that she may be thinking about someone else than who is lying right next to her. I hang on to that for now.)

last edited at Aug 29, 2018 2:19AM

joined May 20, 2013

Who is Marie's special someone? There isn't much indication of it being Mel or Stella. Maybe Fran?

last edited at Aug 28, 2018 4:01PM

Kiena
Citrus discussion 18 Aug 20:06
joined May 20, 2013

The script for most of the silent panels on pages 21-23 has been found! (Not completely sure of some of these translations)

That's golden. I wouldn't mind seeing an edited version.

Man of the Year MVP right there.

There was speculation about which man will be needed to set the solution in motion. Maybe the fiancé was one of the candidates, behind the dad somewhere, but I'm still utterly disappointed by the implications. If it was the teacher from the beginning of the manga, Yuzu would have been sent away... Two people need to work for a good relationship and that's clearly not what happened, not to mention it just had to be a guy because two girls can't solve any problem on their own, even with a whole group of friends. I get that he's supposed to be a good guy and their friend (although I find him creepy), but this made the whole rushed ending even worse in my eyes.

I don't know what to expect from the spin-off... It would have potential if it left most of Citrus' themes behind, focused more on the solution of everyday problems instead of the forced drama, on more interesting characters, and if maybe someone helped writing it. It seems the main characters remain these two, though. It could complement the story that just ended, finally giving Mei and Yuzu a (deeper?) personality, but after all these volumes it's hard for me to trust the author not to just create more artificial drama with poor (at best) execution. Even its strongest point, the art, suffered at times during these years, and I'd really prefer if Saburouta tried something else (yuri, of course).

joined May 20, 2013

I suggested NSFW because of page 43 but it was rejected. I guess there is no chance for anyone noticing that little detail. I thought about suggesting it after I saw why the first chapter had been tagged. Is there a formal definition for what is supposed to have that tag?

last edited at Aug 17, 2018 5:22PM

joined May 20, 2013

This seems impossible without detaching one of their legs or even more...

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

pg 44, "It's you usual" - your usual

pg 45, "reading you husband's" - your husband's

pg 55, "copulate with woman." - copulate with women

pg 62, "having child" - having children

pg 46, "Nanao" vs pg 53 & 57, "Nanami"

Other than that being confusing (and reminding me of YagaKimi), I agree with the other comments...

The way the guy was involved throughout the story (first the link to staying straight, then complete ignorance), the school orgy scene, and the indiscriminate fertilization made the story unpleasant. (The art is fairly standard for this kind of manga, as far as I know. Too bad any talent is wasted on stories – developing – like this. The other one isn't much better either.)

Kiena
joined May 20, 2013

I just wish she'd end up with someone other than Touko. Won't be happening though.

Definitely it's Touko who needs to change (improve) more for their relationship to work. She has her issues and those brought them together in the first place. (Yuu wanted to help her.) Unless Touko refuses trying or fails for selfish reasons, I don't see why Yuu should leave her for someone else at this point.

Touko has a lot of good points, too. She's capable, responsible, and has cared for Yuu since the beginning. Her constant focus on her problems resulted in her treatment of others being clumsy to say the least, though she still did fairly well being a(n oblivious) friend to Sayaka and a(n oblivious) friend/lover to Yuu.

She didn't intentionally hurt Yuu with her request either. It was selfish, though given Yuu's disposition she might have thought it would be reassuring for them both that those conditions are enough to be fulfilled. Yuu needed to point out the things Touko had been blind to, but not for Touko's sake only, and I see no reason why Touko couldn't redeem her mistake and (unwitting) ignorance yet, because this chapter still points towards her loving Yuu wholeheartedly.

(The acting path beyond the play makes me a bit nervous, but that's not related to Touko as a person.)