Forum › Posts by Ehhhhhhh

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

PSA: The idea that corsets could be so tight you would have trouble breathing is a myth.

Then why haven't they gotten back in fashion?

Because they're expensive and take a long time to put on?

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

The format is what might be causing problems for some IMO. It just doesn't make for a nice continuous plot progression, you have to come to terms with this being a very episodic slice of life thing about realistic teenagers growing up and figuring stuff out. I'm quite happy with it, but I get why it might be frustrating for a lot of people.

Personally, I don't get the complaining. We're up to chapter 56, they've had 56 chapters to get used to the format, but they've just been complaining the whole time. It's classic: I don't like this kind of story, but I'm reading it anyway so I can tell everyone I hate it every chapter.

I also take issue with people's ideas of what "progress" is. It was always so frustrating to see people complain about a lack of "progress" in Komi-San because people equate romance to progress. No, that's not the only way a story and the relationships between characters can progress. Mitsuki and Aya are getting closer every chapter, they're deepening their bond and they're understanding each other and the world around them better. That is progress. It doesn't need to be romantic, no matter Aya's feelings.

last edited at Aug 29, 2023 11:04AM

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

To be fair to the chapter, it shows the magic defenses aren't all they're cracked up to be (or someone snuck it in) and shows what it means that Evie is vulnerable to possession just like her mother.

Yes that was very interesting, along with what the father did to protect the mansion. Evie being especially venerable to magical possession was also very good information along with all the funny cuteness.

We did already know that, though. During the love potion incident, they mentioned that Yvonne was susceptible to possession, so this chapter actually doesn't add anything new.

Which, in turn, supports the speculation that the "villainess system" is just a particularly insidious mare.

That's not how the future Elsa spoke about it though. She said she was under constraints from the system too.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

So was the medicine catnip or what?

She specifically said it was Silver Vine.
So yes, it's like catnip.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Actinidia_polygama

last edited at Aug 28, 2023 3:42AM

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

I thought for just a moment, that the arrival of that cat would kickstart the plot again.
Look, I'm very interested in all of these cute antics, but I'm also very very aware that we just had a whole lot of plot, then it turned into this side-story that feels more like it should belong in extras, haha.

Oh well, the author will get back to it someday when they've had their fun.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

from the comments i need more chapters to be realieased if i wanna know if the story is worth to read or not

Random thing to say on literally the first chapter.
Read the first chapter, you'll know what you're in for, and it's a lot faster (and more enjoyable) than reading the comments. A million times more enjoyable than reading the comments and waiting for more chapters to be released so you can also read those comments.
Just read it, you'll save yourself so much time, which is what I assume the "worth" is.

... Unless you're this level of "can't have fun and no one else can have fun either", I guess

the fact so many of you are excusing fucking incest is insane to me, like what?? the story would've been fine WITHOUT the incest, you can still have crazy x crazy if both were obsessive to each other why include incest

honestly the whole story in general is shit for all that like what's making some of these authors want to write this stuff

Since that was a low-blow, I think I should actually address your queries.
Sometimes, people enjoy reading fictional stories about things they do not find acceptable in real life. We don't think revenge-killing is acceptable in real life, but John Wick exists and is extremely popular. Having a more distasteful subject matter doesn't instantly mean that the people who consume those stories would condone such a thing happening in reality (but we can't discount there are some people who do condone these things, so basically don't judge people by what stories they engage with).
This is why tags exist. So that you can draw the line of what unacceptable (or just gross to you) behaviour you don't want to engage with in stories. It's literally as simple as that. The very fact that you glossed over other distasteful things in this chapter that other people would find unacceptable means that somewhere in the back of your mind, you're aware of this phenomenon (enjoying stories about things you don't condone), so basically just leave other people to their own lines without negative commentary on it. Just look away.

last edited at Aug 27, 2023 10:09AM

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Hmmm. Which sizes fit you is basic bra size knowledge. Dropping the ball that that wasn't one of the first things they taught her.

But I guess it's here for the placement of a new couple intro, haha. Cute.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Haha, when I started, I thought I had completely forgotten what happened last chapter because I didn't know who the new character was. Once I got up to the cafe, I realised the pages were out of order so I went back to the start at the end to read it with actual context.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

and to the ones from many chapters ago who complained about the story being slowed down, who's laughing now.

I just keep thinking about the people who kept whiningly insisting on a "comedy" tag...

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

I wasn't worried about what would happen, until he said that.
Is Aya going to push her so hard maybe that she feels uncomfortable in the end? Hoping Mitsuki can communicate what she wants and needs effectively enough for Aya to do things that actually make her happy.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Looks to me like it's time for a sex battle of some kind.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Well, the creator disappearing is a bit sad.
But, at least I won't have to feel so conflicted about the casual tsundere violence, lol.
RIP, this manga.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

"How did I get into this situation? Oh well, let's just get the sex over with."
I love the ridiculousness of this manga, lol.
That woman clearly hypnotises all the girls into calling her mama ;)

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Kurumi has quite a rich fantasy life.

Ehhhhhhh
Citrus + discussion 23 Jul 18:46
Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Bearing that in mind, they felt like genuine moments of connection and romantic development. To me at least, clearly it’s just not your thing.

That just means you're fine with whatever you want to think, whether it's good or bad writing.
That's fine, you're allowed to enjoy flawed things, but don't pretend this is a masterpiece of writing when it's not.
There are times and places for your "J-Drama" storytelling modes. You'll note this is when they are not an established couple in pretty much every instance of it. And any that would use this storytelling method when there is a couple will - as I said earlier - at least imply that there are moments in between the drama. There is literally nothing implied about their relationship other than the drama we see in scenes. That is why this is written terribly.

Ehhhhhhh
Citrus + discussion 23 Jul 08:35
Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

typical problem when you try to lengthen a story unnecessarily and fall into unnecessary drama, especially when the reader already knows how it will end.

Yes, but if this was an unnecessary lengthening of the plot with actual living as a couple/romance in it, then that would be okay. The trainwreck is really that - as people have said a lot in this thread - that it's just the same plot points as were in the main Citrus story, but they are "a couple" (I say that in quotation marks because I really haven't seen them as a couple in anything but words) and don't seem to have grown as people from the events of the first Citrus at all.

last edited at Jul 23, 2023 8:36AM

Ehhhhhhh
Citrus + discussion 23 Jul 08:29
Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

This is why they don't feel like a couple at all, their relationship is just a string of dramatic scenes with nothing in between.

There’s been plenty of scenes throughout the series where they feel like a genuine couple. All of Volume 5 and 6 especially, Mei trying to convey her feelings to Yuzu in Volume 7, the moments where they were alone together during the trip in Volume 8, the intense and tragic buildup to their breakup in Volume 9, and of course their reunion and Mei’s declaration of love in Volume 10.

Then in Citrus+, we have Mei boldly declaring her relationship with Yuzu to the school board, her trying desperately to say “I love you” again and settling for a kiss goodnight, her crying over losing her couples ring and their subsequent intimacy in that chapter, Mei fussing over Yuzu’s birthday (as poorly as the payoff was handled).

This is literally exactly what I said: a string of dramatic moments, so I dunno why you're treating it like it's an argument against what you quoted.

Ehhhhhhh
Citrus + discussion 22 Jul 21:37
Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Mei to Yuzu: I don't care about your feelings
Mei to others: I really care about Yuzu's feelings

Like,I wish this would become a healthy relationship instead of an unhealthy one.

I have to add, because I only thought about it after I had walked away: that the problem with the depiction of the relationship in this manga is that they never have actual full conversations, they never spend time together. These two go to the same school, sleep in the same room, but have a distance between one another in every scene. You can feel like you're actually in a relationship with someone else when they're working from home, but Citrus won't do it. Who hasn't seen cozy little yuri moments when one partner is working hard on a novel or manga or whatever, and the second brings them over a coffee, puts a hand on their shoulder and they actually touch, give each other a glance, continue to do work. There's no reason that Mei literally doesn't have a minute to spare whenever she's working. The times they talk don't have to be when they're on their way home from school and Yuzu follows Mei to whatever meeting she's on her way to.

Like, the writer don't care about those little in-between moments, it's like they don't exist (they can exist even if we don't see them depicted, but they literally don't in this manga). Every serious conversation they have is cut off straight after the dramatic burn, or the big "I care about you" speech, but there is never any aftermath. Like, logically, this first scene here would not have ended right after Mei got all huffy something had to happen to end the conversation. It can't just end at "I know". And that's a legit storytelling technique in some instances, but for Citrus, it's every single one of their scenes together, and it just doesn't work. This is why they don't feel like a couple at all, their relationship is just a string of dramatic scenes with nothing in between.

I feel like I didn't get all my thoughts out coherently, but realistically what I'm saying is that this relationship is a writing issue, and that makes me sad. Going from one big drama moment to the next is never going to show a relationship in a good light.

last edited at Jul 22, 2023 10:03PM

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

You're making assumptions to suit your preconcieved notion.

It is highly amusing how much you don't understand that is exactly what you're doing here.

You're really reaching straight for "I know you are but what am I?"

I'm not making any assumptions.

Bahahahaha. I can't even with you, you really don't realise what you're doing? You're purposely trying to frame yourself as the "right" way with all of your language, then saying that's not what you're saying, then saying that is what you're saying, then saying why are you getting defensive while giving a point-by-point defense of your position.
Let me just end this, because if you literally don't realise that's what you're doing, there's no point in carrying this on any further, you're going to continue to be obtuse. Let me just say that if you re-read back specifically on the line where you said 'you're assuming, but I'm positing', instead of 'you're assuming, and I'm assuming', you're elevating your opinion higher than anyone else's and refusing to take anyone else's point of view seriously. Maybe check that habit. Might not bother you in RL, but it'll for sure get you into entirely avoidable fights on discussion boards from your belittling of other people's opinions.
(I also want to point out, I can have a discussion about my point of view and then decide I no longer want to take the discussion so seriously without being belittled as "being defensive", I just wanted to discuss the potential, as I had assumed you did until you got so hung up on "everyone else is wrong but me")

last edited at Jul 21, 2023 7:25PM

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

You're making assumptions to suit your preconcieved notion.

It is highly amusing how much you don't understand that is exactly what you're doing here.
Look, we don't know what the girls at the bar told her. It was a dramatic gag in a comedy manga. It was meant to be obtuse. It literally could be either way.

I'm still sticking that your take is weirder though. Hiroko has literally hit on every girl in that bar. She didn't have a "type" fro the bar according to what we've seen here, so how would they give an exact look based on her old senpai?

Which, I should point out, is entirely irrelevant. My first comment on them not being "friends" to give that advice was entirely to point out the absurdity of the joke, and I didn't mean it in an actual critique of the story so much as, 'lol, those girls at the bar really suck, lol.'

Ehhhhhhh
Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Yeah this is great! And make Maiko like... 24-25, and Iori can be 18~, and we can get age gap with less... Illegality.

18-25 is not an 'age gap'.
That's literally the same age bracket.
Although it being at the cusp of adulthood does make it straddle the line of weird, that just makes it sound like you want age gap without the age gap.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Also I have a problem with all these isekais, why do they never mention the protagonists past life? I mean surely it affects them if they remember it, right?

Isekais these days have kind of just turned into lazy character templates. Like, you don't need to introduce your character properly if they're just a normal person from our world.
Sometimes I'm just baffled as to why it needed to be an isekai at all, I feel like it would be much more interesting if they were "the chosen one" from their own world and being from our world with no backstory actively detracts from the story.

In saying that, I think the point of this being an isekai here is not her backstory, but the fact that she doesn't want to be the villainess where the original character in her shoes totally wanted to be cruel. So that's at least something. I can't think of a way where it would be possible to have this scenario without the MC being transported into a game world.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Urgh, well that's what I get for not reading the tags, lol.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Well, Evie has certainly let go of every inhibition in her child body.
No wonder Elsa was so smitten.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

... she asked them what Hiroko wants in a woman. They describe her type, which obviously they do via her long term crush. Nobody said anything about dressing up like her; that's obviously Ayako going off the rails as usual.

People sometimes have weird reads on stuff that's going on manga ^^;

I think your read is weirder. Hiroko has gone out with/flirted with a lot of girls in that bar. Girls they've actually seen, girls who haven't clearly traumatised her.
No matter how close she might be keeping anything to her chest, they knew that her personality before and after that debacle was different.

The wording of Ayaka's question in the translation was "what she wants in a woman", so literally anything they told her she was going to emulate. She was literally telling them what she was already doing to try to get Hiroko's attention. She was asking for that advice specifically.

last edited at Jul 16, 2023 10:39AM