Forum › Posts by Fairypixie24

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

Too bad she doesn't have someone with whom to throw the suit away together.

joined Apr 6, 2019

bath bath bath bath

Your case is brilliantly made, your logic is clever and sophisticated and your arguments are rock solid. I have nothing to object and wholeheartedly join you in your rallying cry.

joined Apr 6, 2019

Isn't it just a nudge-nudge-wink-wink reference to an iconic piece of gay symbology?

oh no

Yvonne is a friend of Dorothy

LOL!

joined Apr 6, 2019

I feel like for mom to be that upset she must be a closeted gay, herself. I wonder if that's the twist that's coming

I ah, really don’t think that’s where it’s going but that’d be funny

The moms getting together inc?

If this is the asspull that happens I wont even mind a rushed ending lol

This would be stupid as hell but I kinda wanna see it

I'm not sure which would be funnier: lampshading the asspull as hard as possible, or playing it completely straight (haha).

Please recall that Tongtong's mother is straight as a ruler, bordering on man-crazy, and has trouble even imagining herself with another woman (it feels alien to her and gives her goosebumps). And the other mother... I don't really know if she has a sexual drive, much less if she's gay or bi (there certainly hasn't been any hint so far).

joined Apr 6, 2019

^ This.
Good that somebody realizes it.

joined Apr 6, 2019

Seeing Elsa cry "awakens the buried sadistic tendencies of her villainess character" is what the author herself tells us through third-person omniscient narration, if I understand correctly?

Well, this is a bit disappointing. I hoped the story wouldn't go that way... but it appears those who predicted that this tale was going to turn into Honto no Kanojo were right after all.

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

this was made on the 10th this year... idk why people are making assumptions

Because they are Sinophobes.
You can find comparable poppycock in the comments section for every manhua in the forum.
It's sad.

joined Apr 6, 2019

Ok then I'm very curious about this onomatopeia thing. According to Akiji's guide the right sound effect for heart thumping in Chinese is "peng peng" and I guess that's what Chinese mangaka (or manhua authors, whatever the word) normally use in their works to express someone's excited feelings. But the writing of the Chinese language isn't based on phonetic symbols; in fact using Roman letters or Japanese kana for sound effects would totes make sense as those are phonetic symbols. So I wonder, when a Chinese writer decides to go national and stick with "peng peng" or other onomatopeia which are specifically Chinese-sounding, how do they do it? Perhaps use a random ideogram with a random meaning but which sounds the right way?

Every Chinese character has a sense and a sound. By "sense" I mean the idea or the thing symbolized by the character. By "sound" I mean the way it is pronounced.

You can use Chinese characters in a textual way, to form sentences and express your thoughts, or you can use them as onomatopoeia, to phonetically imitate sounds of noises from the world. If it's the latter, then you don't need to pay attention to the sense of the character, as only the sound matters.

I know of two ways to suggest the noise of a heart beating fast: 怦怦 (pēng pēng) and 扑通扑通 (pūtōng pūtōng). The first one (pēng) can be translated as "thumping" or "palpitating" and is used in normal speech to describe a beat-like sound; thus it makes perfect sense as a Chinese equivalent to ba-thump ba-thump or doki doki. The second one (pūtōng) has become very popular lately among comic artists who seem to think it's closer to the sound of actual hearbeat... however in this case you must ignore the meaning of the two characters, as it has little to do with hearts or beating noises

joined Apr 6, 2019

Well I hope they can keep it a secret from her for a lo-o-ong time. I want to see them happily exploring their newfound love and doing all the exciting things a couple of girlfriends can do. I don't want them to fall into an angst storyarc the very moment they have become lovers.

You know it's going to happen sooner or later, right?

This manhua owes us two scenes. One where Tong Tong takes Xiao Lu to her mom, tells her they are now going out, and thanks her profusely because "I couldn't have won her heart without your advice, mom!" (Leading to Tong Tong's mom and Xiao Lu making some odd faces.) The other one, in future chapters, showing how Tong Tong's mom and Xiao Lu's mom meet each other for the first time and talk about this lesbian thing their daughters are doing. (And most likely start catfighting and trying to pull each other's hair out, heh heh.)

joined Apr 6, 2019

Oh no, straight into the arc where her Mom is going to try to seperate them. I REALLY want her to talk to Tong Tong's Mom as I say she would tell to shove it and the let the two be happy which is what I would love to see.

That sounds very plausible. Tong Tong's mom has been extremely supportive of their relationship so far. Xiao Lu's mom otoh... we don't know yet what's her take on lesbian lifestyles, but everything we have seen so far suggests that she won't be very happy. Consider that even if her daughter was dating a boy she'd undoubtly throw a fit—when she finds Xiao Lu is dating a girl it's gonna be UGLY.

Fairypixie24
VAMPEERZ discussion 23 Dec 18:37
joined Apr 6, 2019

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/vampeerz_ch32#19

Thats a...thats a real picture of water with a filter over it, isn't it? No hate just...interesting

That looks like a Clip Studio asset to me. They are handy but don’t always look the best.

On the other side, they help the mangaka save valuable time.

Time that can be used to draw pretty girls in yuri contexts.

We all like that better than a Marinemalerei, don't we?

joined Apr 6, 2019

Wow, I managed to finish it and the best way I can describe that is, like a train wreck you can't look away from. I think it's over now. Honestly I feel like the author tries to sell the way things pan out as a good ending but being real, the main characters are grimly detestable.

Why, the gall of some characters, to even dare become a couple and reach their happy end on their own terms, while paying no attention whatsoever to the sanctimonious admonitions of the readers!

joined Apr 6, 2019

People who feel troubled by a tiny non-con development between the mcs should recall that TongTong's mom condoned teen prostitution...

This manhua is not for the pc of heart.

Her mom doesn't condone the act of that, just that some people are forced into such roles. socioeconomics and so on

Tongtong: "Mommy! Is there any chance that Lin Xiao Lu would start liking me even if I'm a girly girl?"

joined Apr 6, 2019

It's like how F3, from episode 2 onwards, was full of comments and sidenotes constantly reminding us that Hiroe's mom and sis were not her real biological mother and sister no matter how different the actual facts in the story were.

Haha, brings back memories. In the original oav Hiroe lived in a big house with her mother and her big sister, and both had sex with her even tho they were her biological family. But then some people, some sorta censorship board inside the company, must have decided that this was vile and intolerable... and ruled that all the future episodes in the series had to establish clearly that these three women were completely unrelated, and Hiroe called the other two oneesan and okaasan just to be affectionate, without any underlying meaning of blood links between them.

The creators making the anime complied with these new rules. So in the following sequels there were moments when Yayoi ('okaasan') would talk about how she gave birth to Hiroe and what a cute and lovely baby she was... or show other people her old albums full of pics of Hiroe growing up and Yayoi doing motherly things around her... and every time this happened, a small box would pop up on the screen with a message from the authors to the viewers: "Listen, we don't care how this looks like, okay? We already told you that that these women are NOT blood related! That's our story and we're sticking to it! Stop imagining weird incestuous stuff!" It was hysterical.

last edited at Dec 17, 2021 9:15PM

Fairypixie24
Liberty discussion 27 Nov 18:58
joined Apr 6, 2019

Consider for a moment that this series is one of Galette's flagship series, one of the only ones allowed to continue when the magazine was in rough shape due to covid and tightening budgets. Like you say, it's basically a VA having fun, and it sells books. Keeping an indie publisher afloat during the pandemic is an impressive debut no matter how you slice it.

It might be more interesting to speculate why the hell it manages to do it's job so well. Here's to another 5 years of it!!

It actually makes me very happy to know that five years from now I'll still get to visit this thread and read Blastaar's exquisitely written messages—explaining with subtle irony why Liberty is so terribly bad and how, after perusing chapter one hundred, they have confirmed once again that this manga is a torturous read and nobody should be subjected to it.

last edited at Nov 27, 2021 7:01PM

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

Not a fan of Oni being translated as Ogre (personal pet peeve, lol), but otherwise this looks great!

Ogre are like onions

thonk.jpg
...cutting them makes you cry?

Depends how fast you can run.

joined Apr 6, 2019

I wonder if they're going to find the bike thief in the house basement?

Suspense = zero

joined Apr 6, 2019

Gee, I wonder if maybe, just maybe, the author purposefully designed the ear-piercing scene so that it would read like a deflowering? /S

Fairypixie24
Image Comments 21 Oct 15:47
joined Apr 6, 2019
E4aywm1voaema9s-orig

Autumn colors...

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

This story slowly devolves into nonsense, way too many unclear motivations and open ends

I have been thinking more or less the same thing for some time now...

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

(random question: are there any long-strip series on dynasty that are actually complete? Everything seems to be in-progress or on haitus or dropped...)

On Dynasty, I really have no clue.
But in other readers there are a few long-strip series with a yuri storyline that are indeed complete.

Right now, the ones that come to mind are My Princess Charming (complete at 39 chapters) and Unrequited Love Skill (complete at 40 chapters). Both should be easy to find with a google search.

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

I'm not sure if her behavior is a cute crush, or disturbing stalking.

Three years?
If it's stalking, that would make her the most useless stalker in the world.

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

Anyone else think the title was "A fruitless brothel" or was it just me

Me too

Not gonna lie, I was a bit disappointed it wasn't that

Methinks there have been so many series lately about yuri prostitution, people might be getting a tad overeager. XD

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

I am amused at people discussing the term queen bee.

I think the problem is the difference in concepts between China and Japan. These girls were definitely not sukeban and they were even less at the top of the gyaru/popular clique. And they don't fit in the template of "female school prince" either; they manifestly don't have crowds of fangirls. We know they were alpha girls in their middle schools, but the Japanese cliché roles don't work for them. And that's fine, because this is Chinese manhua: no reason why it should follow Japanese patterns. We just have to accept that there are characters like them in China, who fall outside of our expectations.

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

THE FCKIN CREDIT PAGE CHOKED ME GODDAMNIT GAHAHAHAHAHAH

The credit page really gives a good laugh

I'm happy!

Leave it to Chads to make the bestest credit pages.