Forum › Posts by NxY

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

What is with yuri stories and there being interludes after the big confession. It's like the mangaka goes "ooo! I got 'em hooked, so I can make more money dragging this out a bit without worry!"

What am I saying that's exactly what it is.

Are you reading this? There has been soooooo much evidence that this would eventually happen, it would, in fact, be unrealistic for this to happen any faster and would betray the established characters.

YagaKimi is best binge-read as all of the 'less relevant' chapters act as suitable buildup for future events when reading all at once.

It's not even like it is being dragged out, anyway, in two chapters we have established what Touko thought about the confession, how she feels towards Yuu and what's going on in her life after the confession. We got to see some of Yuu's feelings and now have the setup for Sayaka's next actions.

Though maybe I'm being unfair here. Please respond with how this could have been shortened without betraying the characters or ruining the pacing.

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

I wonder what sort of ending the anime will have, since we're already up to episode 5 and only up to Chapter 9. At least Citrus had a clear ending point when Yuzu and Mei started going out, even if it was less than halfway through the manga.

Well if it keeps up this pace it'll reach chapter 25, but that's a really weird place to end it. So maybe 24 instead? 22 also seems like a possibility since it's the end of volume 4.

If they start doing 3 chapters per ep they can get to the end of the play. Troyca has done a good job so far, so I'll trust they know what to cut to make it there.

last edited at Nov 6, 2018 2:52AM

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

Threesome ending is best ending

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

Now, I'm sorry to interrupt, but I just remembered a previous conversation about how @BugDevil said how unrelated videos can sometimes be rewards. Well, I found one in the meantime. Have a good laugh, everybody!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dkxVwZPic3c

EDIT: Aaaaaaaaaand... just in case you don't think that the amount of laugh you got was enough...
https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLd5LRfsuGlI-e3Yo0dWZBVKNlNYkOp6Ny

EDIT: I think I have actually been overly enthusiastic with trying to find another commonality amongst the members of this forum. If I somehow put you off by all I said in this post, I sincerely apologize.

BV, you need to up your funny video game. I'm disappointed in you.

What video game?

funny video game = how funny the videos you send are.

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

Now, I'm sorry to interrupt, but I just remembered a previous conversation about how @BugDevil said how unrelated videos can sometimes be rewards. Well, I found one in the meantime. Have a good laugh, everybody!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dkxVwZPic3c

EDIT: Aaaaaaaaaand... just in case you don't think that the amount of laugh you got was enough...
https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLd5LRfsuGlI-e3Yo0dWZBVKNlNYkOp6Ny

EDIT: I think I have actually been overly enthusiastic with trying to find another commonality amongst the members of this forum. If I somehow put you off by all I said in this post, I sincerely apologize.

BV, you need to up your funny video game. I'm disappointed in you.

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

Coming off a bad break-up has nothing to do with being aromantic. It's not even comparable to any degree. Just because you are not interested in a romantic relationship right now doesn't mean that's your default stance.

I was replying to BV saying they think it would be weird for someone to be aro but not ace. In general, I'm not interested in romance, so I was using my limited experience to try to explain it.

My break up doesn't effect my views on romance.

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

@NxY
Meanwhile, while neither arom or ace, I am overwhelmingly more into romance than sex. Part of the explanation is that I already got a GF, but that's not the whole thing.

Women are too much work vietnam flashback to ex.

Ouch. I hope you overcome your problem.

I was overexaggerating slightly, we just wanted different things from the relationship, I'm fine now coughs blood.

Thanks, made my day.

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

@NxY
Meanwhile, while neither arom or ace, I am overwhelmingly more into romance than sex. Part of the explanation is that I already got a GF, but that's not the whole thing.

Women are too much work vietnam flashback to ex.

Ouch. I hope you overcome your problem.

I was overexaggerating slightly, we just wanted different things from the relationship, I'm fine now coughs blood.

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

@NxY

Women are too much work vietnam flasback to ex.

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

Also, if you ask me, I'd say that for someone to be aromantic but not asexual is weirder than the other way around. But that may be just my preconceptions.

Well, I'm not aro but, I'm significantly more interested in sex than in a romantic relationship, so I could understand someone being aro but not ace.

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

"The boy who fucks me" (Maki x Doujima)

... Maki is an ace, therefore I'm opposed to that prospect...

Do you think that will stop the Fujo's?

Also, technically, Maki isn't necessarily ace, he is aromantic though

last edited at Oct 31, 2018 4:40PM

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

"The boy who fucks me" (Maki x Doujima)

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

"What happens when they're 'Both Alone'."

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

"A fuck is just a fuck"

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

"Fever"

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

Is this a contest on who can make me laugh the most?

Blame Blastaar

This is all displaced anxiety while waiting for the new chapter to drop.

And I didn’t even know about any of that “you’re already this wet” business until I ended up at Dynasty.

That's the problem with anime and manga; at their best, it's the best medium but, you have to wade through large amounts of crap to find it.

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

Is this a contest on who can make me laugh the most?

Blame Blastaar

last edited at Oct 31, 2018 8:06AM

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

"Getting 'wet' at the aquarium"
"New uses for sports equipment"
"Touko makes Yuu see stars"
"Touko and Sayaka double team Yuu"
"Why you should always go back for your pencil case"

last edited at Oct 31, 2018 8:08AM

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

*"Getting Steamy in the Bathhouse"

Shouldn't that be "Getting streamy in the Equipment shed?"

I prefer "Fumbling around in the dark"

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018
  • "Getting Steamy in the Bathhouse"

I must say that Touko’s “Yuu . . . is bigger than I thought,” line in the bath at the training camp to be one of the cuter moments of the series.

And kind of the only very slightest hint of the “what two girls do beyond kissing” matter in the series, and that only by the widest stretch of the imagination.

Imagining a "how do girls have sex?" conversation between Touko and Yuu just cracked me up. Maybe... they should get a 'special lesson' from sensei.

last edited at Oct 30, 2018 4:47PM

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

I think this kissing, etc. issue can only truly be resolved in the post-series doujins:

• "Mr. and Mrs. Student Council: Which One's the Husband?"

• "The Play Within a Play Within a Play"

• "Blooming Into Yuu"

"You say no one's ever been 'special,' but you're already this wet." or
    "But your body says we're more than 'just friends.' Much, much more."
    Etc.

• "Nurse Yuu and her Patient"
  • "Getting Steamy in the Bathhouse" I can't think of any more

last edited at Oct 30, 2018 4:44PM

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

^About whether Sayaka would kiss Touko but, I think it's also important to consider if Touko would allow that. I can't imagine her kissing Sayaka. I doubt Nakatani would use this method either.

I hope she won't use it, but it's not unthinkable. Touko is very confused right now and if Sayaka is really determined... thing could happen due to all kinds of circumstances. It's defnitely a brute force method of snapping Touko out of it. Not appreciated tho.

That's it though. It's a brute force method. It's so indelicate and unsubtle, it just feels cheap. While I have faith that Nakatani could handle it well, it would definitely have less of an emotional impact than most of the other methods that I can think of.

For me, this is the kind of writing a typical yuri manga would use and this isn't a typical yuri.

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

^About whether Sayaka would kiss Touko but, I think it's also important to consider if Touko would allow that. I can't imagine her kissing Sayaka. I doubt Nakatani would use this method either.

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

I just feel that Sayaka's feelings shouldn't be addressed until after Yuu and Nanami have sorted themselves out.

That however IMO is quite likely. Touko will be seeking advice. Who else could she talk to about it? Sayaka is her closest peer after Yuu.

I could see Sayaka snap if this were to happen, as in confess, or even dare to kiss - she has her limits too. On the other hand, a mature discussion with her could be equally likely. The aftermath of either of those will be a pain to read - as much as I don't like Sayaka as a character, I'm easy to empathise, and the grief she's gonna experience in either case is gonna be enormous.

And Touko needs to realise that she may truly be loved by others. Her whole issue IMO is the mistrust in feelings of others towards herself. The play, thanks to Yuu, helped Touko find love towards herself again, accept that she can be a Person, and a good one at that. Metaphorically, it drew another, real, world around her. Now, Yuu's confession brought her to the end of the old world as she knew it. All she needs is a kick to blow up the old world bubble and go to the new world. And that kick is likely to come from Sayaka.

Sorry if I was unclear, Sayaka is the most likely person for Touko to talk to but Sayaka's feelings towards Touko wouldn't be discussed if/when they have the conversation likely person and Touko's relationship.

Having the person she thought would never love her and her best friend confessing to her so close together would not be good for Touko so I think Sayaka would withhold the confession until later.

last edited at Oct 29, 2018 12:43PM

NxY
Untitled-1
joined Oct 28, 2018

About Sayaka, up until now, she has put Nanami's feelings ahead of her own. So it would be out of character for her to admit her feelings now (unless she doesn't notice Yuu's and Nanami's relationship problems, which I doubt).

The first part is certainly true, but I'm not so sure the second sentence is still completely true. In Chap. 26 Sayaka was able to forthrightly tell Yuu that she loved Touko (and it's a mark of her trust in Yuu's integrity that she wasn't worried about Yuu telling anyone, including Touko). And in the play Sayaka and Touko played characters in a romantic relationship with a script that cut pretty close to the bone in its parallels to real life. So they've already had a sort of "practice" conversation where Sayaka (in character) described her romantic feelings for Touko (ditto).

So I think it's very easy to imagine circumstances on the school trip where Sayaka might voice her feelings, NOT in an attempt to actually get into a relationship with Touko, but in a situation where she had a choice between telling the truth and lying about how she feels.

I think she has to notice that something is up with Touko, and while Sayaka has been careful not to put pressure on Touko (except for going along with the revisions to the play), if the subject somehow came up in the course of their discussion, I just can't see Sayaka being actually deceptive to Touko about her own feelings--she's got too much pride and integrity for that.

If the subject of Sayaka's feelings specifically gets mentioned then, yes, it is a possibility. I can't imagine a situation that would result in that, though.

However, in a situation where her feelings aren't brought up and she's aware of Touko being troubled by not recognising Yuu's feelings she wouldn't add to the fire by confessing.

I just feel that Sayaka's feelings shouldn't be addressed until after Yuu and Nanami have sorted themselves out.