Forum › Posts by KawaiiSuika

joined Oct 27, 2018

Recent research has uncovered an interesting fact. Sometimes human beings act irrationally because of this phenomenon known as "emotion".

HAHA!! Your so smart and clever! How foolish of me, to think I could ever measure up to your incomparable genuis!

joined Oct 27, 2018

It's not actually about college, paying for college is just the only sacrifice she can actually stop Asahi from making to make her point. I wouldn't be at all surprised if she rescinded her refusal as soon as Asahi started making herself a priority.

I think the fact that it's college is important, and part of why this is the last straw for her. Subaru's graduation from high school is the first real chance she has to free Asahi from looking after her, and thus free herself from her guilt for dominating her sister's life. Going to university full time is committing to spending four more years as a dependent. And I think letting Asahi support her while she goes to college would really intensify her guilt, because then she'd be enjoying a privilege that Asahi herself had to give up.

It's still dumb to leverage your own future like that to make a point.

joined Oct 27, 2018

I don't know, I do think Subaru is right that it kind of sucks ass for Asahi to use making sacrifices for her as an excuse to just not care about herself at all and make no effort towards her own happiness and dump the burden of feeling responsible for that onto a kid. Everything Asahi does revolves around Subaru and she's staked her entire identity on that and it must be a source of pretty major guilt that she's the reason her sister refuses to have anything for herself.

Sure, but the way she specifically used college as a way to make this point is incredibly dumb and childish. I'd hardly call it some unusual sacrifice for her to want her younger sister to go to college, that's normal.

joined Oct 27, 2018

I guess I get where she's coming from, but I did not like Subaru's behavior this chapter, obviously characters are allowed to act out, but the manga seems to be portraying her as correct in some way, but she's just not this time.

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

And maybe this is just a little personal issue but man the 'And I even dressed like a man for you!' bit kinda annoyed me? Like yeah sure, Chinami's mad Yukako folded to heteronormativity and broke her heart, but there's nowhere that she made it seem like Chinami had to dress more masculine for her, it just feels like a shallow dig at the reasons why lesbians often dress more masculine than het women. >_>

Yeah, the part about clothes is just weird, she isn't even dressing all that masculine, it's just pants, pretty feminine looking pants too. I don't really know what the point is.

last edited at Jan 28, 2021 2:58AM

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

“She won’t ever be horny again. I want that too...’”

Why tho, that sounds terrible

Y'know, I kinda get it, if you've ever been horny to the point that it interferes with other parts of your life, it can really begin to feel like a bit of a curse.

joined Oct 27, 2018

Problem with this manga, and the mangakas other works actually, is the complete unwillingness to follow through serious moments without immediately undercutting it with sillyness.

KawaiiSuika
Misaki discussion 18 Jan 15:20
joined Oct 27, 2018

I did not like this

joined Oct 27, 2018

How did some of y'all come away from reading this and think she has body dysmorphia? Simply changing your look is not body dysmorphia.

joined Oct 27, 2018

I really like that she made the concious decision to become handsome and worked at it to achieve it, it's nice

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

The chapter endings are so jarring, I keep clicking multiple times like "is that it?".

KawaiiSuika
Suito-to! discussion 22 Nov 15:30
joined Oct 27, 2018

This manga just isn't for me, like I don't hate it and I see can see why others like it, but to me it just feels like I'm reading a glorified tour guide with a little bit of story sprinkled in.

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

I thought there was gonna be some drama about different sex drives, but it turns out she's just embarrassed about being so horny, lol

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

Was this manga always this boring?

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

Really cute, i like how it set it up like she had some dark secret only for the germaphobe rumour to pop up, then it turns out shes just a nervous gay.

joined Oct 27, 2018

The transphobia jumped out.

joined Oct 27, 2018

Definitely seems like Naru's at least habitually crossdressing. Not sure if I agree on defining the relationship as yaoi or not yaoi. Question is whether "yaoi" is really just "male homosexuality", and thus based on sex, not gender, or if the classification is commonly used based on gender over sex.

A trans women and a man is absolutely not yaoi nor is it homosexuality of any sort

last edited at Oct 27, 2020 11:43PM

joined Oct 27, 2018

This manga was cute at times, but to be honest I didn't think it was all that great, it's sense of humor is a bit too silly and irreverent, and it ultimately didn't have anything strong enough in the plot to really drag me in. Good art though.

joined Oct 27, 2018

it's a little odd to have over 50% of a school be crossdressers, yet fail to even mention the possibility that some of them may be trans.

You feel it's odd that the author hasn't mentioned the possibility of some characters being trans, which implies that you think that is a common thing to do and something that should have been done. I don't think it's odd at all, considering in the context of the story, it's a fashion fad (so far). You have no clue how the author has structured this story or when reveals about certain things will happen, yet you claim that it's odd the author isn't doing what you would do within your time frame, on the third chapter. The story works as it is so far, and it's entertaining. There isn't a thing wrong with it. Maybe you should stop reading fiction if you're going to think authors making their own stories instead of yours will always be "odd."

You worry too much about other people's opinions.

joined Oct 27, 2018

You want to get butthurt about a comedy, that's up to you. I would strongly suggest you don't, for the reasons I've provided. It is ultimately your choice, but it would be unfortunate if you were to dislike something for such a ridiculous reason.

It's hardly a ridiculous reason, although I've never actually said how I feel about this manga, not sure why your acting like I did.

joined Oct 27, 2018

"Have zero expectations" is a pretty terrible defense. Besides, you do know that trans people aren't always super dour and serious, right? We can exist in comedic stories. The bar I set was even lower than that though, it's odd the possibility isn't so much as mentioned, and I agree with you gendolkari, it's odd in tons of works, but a setting like this makes it much more jarring.

Defense of what? Of the story the author has chosen to tell? Why would they need to defend that from anybody? Exactly how would you introduce the concept of some of the students being trans in a work of comedy without it sounding like you were making a joke about it or attempting to teach people about it like they were children? I don't find it odd whatsoever that it hasn't been mentioned, nor would I find it odd if it was never mentioned in the entire story. If it is at some point, nifty, and if not, who cares? You seem to be projecting your own experience onto something and having your expectations of how it "should be" somehow shaped by that. Authors are not required to include any mention of anything if it doesn't fit the story they've created.

You also might want to go through GendoIkari's comment history before agreeing with anything they say in seriousness.

Lol, that entire wall of text basically boils down to the mangaka writes whatever they want. That goes without saying though and ultimately has no bearing on how I or anyone else is gonna feel about said work.

joined Oct 27, 2018

Not for a serious piece, no. This is a comedy. I think you'd be better off adjusting your expectations to the genre (i.e. - to literally zero).

"Have zero expectations" is a pretty terrible defense. Besides, you do know that trans people aren't always super dour and serious, right? We can exist in comedic stories. The bar I set was even lower than that though, it's odd the possibility isn't so much as mentioned, and I agree with you gendolkari, it's odd in tons of works, but a setting like this makes it much more jarring.

joined Oct 27, 2018

All I'll say regarding the discussions on here is that it's a little odd to have over 50% of a school be crossdressers, yet fail to even mention the possibility that some of them may be trans.

For a comedy with only three chapters so far, you're setting the bar rather high, don't you think?

I don't think that's a particularly high bar at all.

joined Oct 27, 2018

All I'll say regarding the discussions on here is that it's a little odd to have over 50% of a school be crossdressers, yet fail to even mention the possibility that some of them may be trans.

joined Oct 27, 2018

Some people want to be feminine. Can't see a problem with that.

Come on Kazu-kun, they clearly weren't saying there is anything wrong with being feminine, what they said is a real trope and it's annoying, I mean I don't agree that this story is an example of that trope, but strawmanning people isn't cool.