Forum › Posts by BlueBerry

Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

This is...so sweet...*still dazed and has not gotten over the fact that the story only has 3 pages* I'm...just gonna go...

BlueBerry
Touma-kun discussion 03 Jul 08:40
Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

Fair enough friends. Well... there are people who complain about Touma-kun, then there are people who complain about people complaining about Touma-kun. So it's fun to watch, really :3

BlueBerry
Touma-kun discussion 02 Jul 08:28
Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

Thank you. I've been amazed at the number of people who think the fact that they themselves would never fall for Touma is relevant to the story.

It's like asking why flowers and stars appear around certain characters who (in the opinion of readers) do not deserve to have flowers and stars appear around them.

Then I guess you will be surprised for a very, VERY long time. People probably understand that Touma-kun's charisma is an assumption that needs to be true in order for the manga to proceed, but I'm pretty sure when they say she is in fact not at all charismatic, they are saying it out of the context of the manga? It is like watching a comedy and the comedians on stage made a joke, and the audience in the show all laughed very hard. You don't laugh because you don't think it is funny. Same case here. People find her plain and boring, which I won't say true or false anymore, but it is definitely relevant, simply because it is their opinion on the character in the story.
If Touma-kun's charisma doesn't make sense then it doesn't make sense. Even Superman flying doesn't make sense (defying physics law and all), but people accept it over time. Still, it is not like him flying makes any more sense than it did in the past right? People just learn to not question it, so until then, leave the curious kids alone dude.

last edited at Jul 2, 2018 8:31AM

BlueBerry
Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

I really wish it hadn't stopped right at the confession scene though. I mean now that we know what lies ahead is not exactly "happy" (the human gonna dies and the mermaid gonna lives on, probably mourning forever) I would at least like some compensation fluff (like their daily interactions as adults for example?) But oh well it was a good read nonetheless.
P/s: a little extra but all of these problems would be easily solved if the girl is a vampire though (because shrug manga logic dictates that all it takes is ONE bite ehe)

Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

Somehow, just somehow, I knew there'd be discussion about the problems some have with the cheating contained in a doujin tagged with Cheating. I don't know how, I guess I might be some sort of genius!

Hah to their defense, the cheating was rather poorly executed (plot device? I feel like it was insignificant af) and the main highlights were actually the inner monologues AND the smut sooooo yep, I would even say that removing the "cheating" elements might make this manga more solid (because seriously there are WAY better reasons to start smut than "oh, she is having trouble with her marriage and her husband is cheating on her, so I am gonna sleep my way to her heart because that would definitely solve everything" lmao). I mean why draw attention to sensitive stuff like cheating when it is not even the main course of the meal?

Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

Am I the only one who doesn't trust the wife is telling the truth when we only hear it from one side, I mean the husband didn't even make an appearance? (ok edit: I read the rest of the manga and realized she probably WAS telling the truth and the divorce is happening). But that's not the point. What irks me is the quick transition from cheating talk to actual cheating acts itself. When the husband cheats, is it even marginally acceptable for the wife to take revenge in the form of cheating as well? The co-worker as well, is that how she supposed to react when she hears her crush's marriage is falling apart? (by Yuri's rule she's safe but uhhhh by society's rule of social interaction it is a bit weird isn't it?). What's more, they hardly even seem conflicted with the idea (do they even stop and think at all?) and just dived right in.... I don't know what to feel about them in terms of moral grounds...Sorry I am so triggered (usually I am fine with NTR and cheating) but I was kinda expecting a sensible approach here (which was probably unwise asking that from a smut doujin)

BlueBerry
Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

huh... this looks like it deserves an older than she looks. Again, the plot twist could be executed better, there was hardly any emphasis on it except the "Dr." word and a picture. Also, why a genius who has already graduated with a master degree and even invented a robot went back to school is a big question to me. Aren't all geniuses supposed to be ambitious, and I don't know, busy with their life schedule most of the time?

BlueBerry
Marionette discussion 29 Jun 22:48
Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

Mmmmmhm, saw that coming miles away (that really says something about the type of manga I usually read and the plot I am accustomed to, doesn't it sob?) Still, it was oddly sweet, kudos to Takemiya Jin for turning even the darkest events into something less disturbing and more...snuggling. (secretly comparing this to NTR...)

BlueBerry
Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

Just a random Aoi x Rekka shipper passing by ~

BlueBerry
Touma-kun discussion 25 Jun 03:23
Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

Why is there still no comedy tag after this scene (https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/touma_kun_ch05#10) lmao this manga makes no sense anymore, but I guess if I filter out Touma-kun it could be marginally entertaining

Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

Woah? No plot twist, no drama? True happy ending for once? Geez what a pleasant surprise >_< But yeah it is totes because of the short length that it was this sweet (feel kinda rushed too, so I am guessing she was told to wrap up her story or sth by the editors). Ha, at least now all the haters cannot say Kodama doesn't know how to write fluff, in your face losers~

Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

Why can't real life just be like this instead of usual deathbed and boredom and unnecessary drama sighhhhhh

BlueBerry
Killing Me! discussion 20 Jun 04:49
Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

How was Saki's family vampire hunters when the mother couldn't even tell that Miyoko was a vampire and had a fight with her...How both parties part ways peacefully without blood spills is a mystery to me xD Especially in this world's setting where there is supposed to be great animosity between vampires and vampire hunters lmao

BlueBerry
Image Comments 18 Jun 09:30
Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017
Hi__i_m_gay__by_vnixxir-d8vvpmj

@SmolBoiYazawa It's funny really. I used to ship YoshikoRiko...and then Mezashi the Yohamaru god came, and now I am very tempted to watch Sunshine season 2 for the YoshikoRiko but at the same time reluctant to because precious Maru deserves love. But tbh they are both OTP to me lmao

BlueBerry
Citrus discussion 17 Jun 22:28
Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

It's funny to read the comments here honestly. People seem to be always complaining no matter what direction the story takes. Why not chillax and enjoy the arts, the fluff, the unnecessary drama (not as angsty as Kodama Naoko my fav of course) and just hope for a happy ending lmao. It's all about managing expectations ya know, and if it dissatisfies you so much, kindly look for another good manga or just draw yourself. (and before you jump at me all angry and defensive, please know that I probably share the same opinion as you on this manga. But hey, I am still reading and so are you)

BlueBerry
Killing Me! discussion 17 Jun 21:23
Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

This story is the epitome of tsundere. I haven't got this giddy since the latest MakiNico chapter xD

BlueBerry
Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

nosebleed W-why is this so sweet even when it is such an overused trope in shoujo manga...*cover my nose and turn away* I guess everything is better when it is two girls (and Yoshimaru at that arghhhh)

BlueBerry
Image Comments 16 Jun 22:38
Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017
Hi__i_m_gay__by_vnixxir-d8vvpmj

Soooo uh where is Maki?

BlueBerry
Image Comments 16 Jun 22:36
Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017
[matsuppoi]%2053289461_p3

For a moment I thought this was NicoMaki damnnnn

BlueBerry
Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

Well, they do say that if you are attracted to a person, there is a high chance you might feel attracted to their siblings as well, since you know, genes. (lmao I will see myself out)

BlueBerry
Killing Me! discussion 16 Jun 00:06
Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

Great now someone is jealous without even realizing it. And Miyoko is just in the background having fun, maybe secretly buying some popcorns while she watches two people fighting over who gets to kill her lmao

last edited at Jun 16, 2018 12:07AM

BlueBerry
Image Comments 12 Jun 22:00
Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017
Dfv86avvaaawx4t-orig

The hand is almost bigger than her face lmao

BlueBerry
Killing Me! discussion 11 Jun 22:37
Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

Just staring at Saki and Miyoko's face is sooooo satisfying. I don't care about the stupid apprentice, just give me more sugar omg

BlueBerry
Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

sob I wish for a sequel and then I get a prequel. Better comedy than drama I suppose.

Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

Ahhh Mezashi god has visited us again with their strong dose of YohaMaru fluff. Now I am hyper satisfied ~~