Forum › Posts by SillieHonka

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

my theory that the big sis was in on it with akebi is looking good. Kinda hate how tropey it is with the "save love interest from random pervy mcpervertson" thing tho.

SillieHonka
Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

Ohsawa goated

SillieHonka
Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

Why the hell people like poly so much?

Because polyamorous relationships are based, especially queer ones because they offer quite a different and unique expression of love outside of cishet bullshit, none of the weird sexist "i own you now" hangups monogamy can have. more love. To other peoples point, no i don't think it is good representation necessarily when it seeks to "resolve" love triangle bullshit or make every one "win" and I really don't think that's why it's seemingly popular. It's desirable because of its rarity (in rep) and its own merits. More and more people are actually comfortably establishing poly relationships IRL too...

last edited at Aug 7, 2021 4:02AM

SillieHonka
Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

those last 2 pages... ALL ABOARD THE POLY TRAIN!!!

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

some ppl dont get turned on when they aren't themselves, it can be a mental block. especially in such a gendered situation as that.

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

Bow before me mortals. somehow i was gifted with prophesy just this once.

last edited at Jul 30, 2021 8:42PM

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

well i made my transbian prediction purely off 74, 75 gave us the "I dont wanna get muscley" line which clinches it imo. vindication!!!!!

last edited at Jul 23, 2021 6:07AM

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

hold up; possible explanation, kid is transbian.

SillieHonka
Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

yay for serialization! glad something autobiographical about living your best gay life gets that attention. conveys that these stories happen in the real world.

SillieHonka
Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

Calling a poly ending lazy/cheap is pretty inconsiderate of how like that kind of relationship rarely gets depicted respectfully, (harem are just horny and don't really broach the subject). People only like love triangles because they've been used to reinforce monogamy, when they really point out that it doesn't have to be that way and brings misery otherwise. Someone doesn't have to lose and win.

SillieHonka
Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

It was the eyes she was making at Shiho tbh less on the kind and more on the warm flirty.

SillieHonka
Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

Himari is like, definitely polyamorous right?

SillieHonka
Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

The thing is the pheremone rapey heat shit isnt that common in furry stuffs, ABO ironically goes way more animal lol. I'd say this story leaned more into the pheremone stuff (minus assault) than the last few smutty furthings ive read, lol

last edited at May 20, 2021 7:44PM

SillieHonka
Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

We all knew she was gonna bust out the good ol' "Hot Topic ANGST Blast"

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

I think the word you're lookin for is wife/wifey, Sakuma.

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

hate those project makeover ads so much lol, they just are really mean and cruel, especially the whole "she has facial hair, the HORROR!!!" thing

last edited at May 18, 2021 6:53PM

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

Superhero Yuri. Maybe the protags can do voice work for that Marxist tokusatsu series everyone is talking about?

hello i would like to know where i can find this very good tokusatsu series

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

on what planet is this subtext? did the LN pull a fast one?

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

wha- wait it turned to subtext? What happened?

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

uhh "lesbian predator" stereotype much?

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

ikeda is a woman right?

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

Yes, this is a trashy catharsis. But many popular ones (some even adepted into anime) of the same if not more trashiness don't attract nearly as much criticism with people digging 10 meters into the ground just to poke holes.

ONE chapter into this manga (same thing happened with the translated LN on the site it's posted) with misogynistic men, "critics" can't wait to jump into attack with "not all men", even throwing the word "feminism" around while any criticism against those popular ones for objectifying women is either brushed off as "taking it too serious" or "keep YOUR politics off MY mangas/animes/games".

Pick and choose which ones to "take serious" and poke holes, pick and choose which ones to be held up to master piece literature standards, pick and choose which ones to be less charitable. If it doesn't reveal intent, it certainly reveal bias.

people really be obsessed with arguing all their favorite semi-hentai manga are "literary masterpieces" that are "beyond the meagre ken of prudish normies [and their statutory rape laws]." lol

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

The world just doesn't make much sense to me. If men are against women doing anything why are they even allowed to be adventurers?

Ya, this glaring bit of nonsense was the final dealbreaker to me.

nice reading comprehension. There is very much still a strong sentiment of "women can work, but they should only do so until they find husbands or need to have kids." that's every where???? That was what was being invoked. Willfully obtuse. Tons of romance manga does it, hell, The Office leaned into it.

SillieHonka
Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

That feeling's name? Albert Einstein Oppa Homeless style

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

i feel like we need like a "fake blackmail" tag? or like "petty blackmail"? but yeah fun stuff in here.