Forum › Posts by Yuricchin

joined Dec 21, 2016

Thank you, awesome work.

joined Dec 21, 2016

Short but good (and slightly lewd). Also, what's the credits page referring to? The whole "yuri couple that never came to be"

They're Renji and Regal from Kotobuki Hikoutai mobage.

Yuricchin
joined Dec 21, 2016

What anime is the girl on the credits page from?

Otome Game no Hametsu Flag Shika Nai Akuyaku Reijō ni Tensei Shiteshimatta...

joined Dec 21, 2016

This says prequel...we can haz more? ^_^

I wish. It's not actually a prequel or a sequel of anything, though. It wasn't published on Galette Meets, but on a seinen magazine and it's supposed to be a stand-alone story.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/hokenshitsu_sensei_to_m%C5%8Ds%C5%8Dsuki_chan

Yeah I know that. I mean, I've scanlated it.
It certainly feels like a prequel because we have a proper introduction of the MC and the nurse and we also learn that Yukino has never been in her office before. But in Hokenshitsu Sensei to Mōsōsuki-chan (I should have translated the title!) it doesn't quite seem they have the kind of relationship they formed at the end of The Delusional Girl and The Wicked Nurse. I wouldn't call it a sequel for the same reasons stated above.
Now, morino seems very fond of these characters since she has drawn a sort of early draft in 2018 and then two oneshots in 2019 with both Yukino and Kurosawa as protagonists, and it's a shame we don't have a serialized manga with these two, but it seems to me they are different stories with no chronological connection. Unfortunately they were published on two different magazines (one yuri and one seinen), with two differents lenghts, with little to no chance of being able to continue the story on either magazines.
I hope morino will make a comeback one day, I want to see more of these two.

joined Dec 21, 2016

And this was funnier than most comedy manga I've read lately. Please tell me there's more.

Kinda...There's an earlier draft of this manga (around one year older than this), it's much shorter but it's also hand-drawn and badly scanned, so it's a pain to work on it.

This says prequel...we can haz more? ^_^

I wish. It's not actually a prequel or a sequel of anything, though. It wasn't published on Galette Meets, but on a seinen magazine and it's supposed to be a stand-alone story.

last edited at Jun 21, 2020 3:52AM

Yuricchin
My Roommate discussion 13 Jun 17:23
joined Dec 21, 2016

Nice, thanks

Yuricchin
joined Dec 21, 2016

This felt unfinished. Wonder if there will be/is a continuation.

No

Yuricchin
Renjoh discussion 12 May 12:47
joined Dec 21, 2016

Dunno about them, but "People like HIme-sis need to be pushed or else you'll never make any progress with them [...]" really irked me.

She realized she was wrong after 2 pages.

Yuricchin
Renjoh discussion 12 May 02:51
joined Dec 21, 2016

She gave him oral and he returned the favor? So she's a virgin in the traditional sense but she's actually been eaten out and fingered? She doesn't correct Ren and only says that it was different.

She never said she was eaten out and fingered. And with "it's different" she was referring to the relationship with Ren, which is "different" from the one she had with her ex.

MD says it has 6 chapters, but it's listed as an anthology with the description "A small collection of yuri manga by Shimizu Hikarino" so probably not 6 chapters of this couple. One more to round it off would make sense though.

Sorry, only two chapters with this couple. The third one is actually this https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_flower_thief_and_the_white_rose_prince

joined Dec 21, 2016

Damn that's where it ends? (⋟﹏⋞), oh well..

I'm already working on the sequel.

Yuricchin
Liberty discussion 10 Feb 15:04
joined Dec 21, 2016

Sigh. Of course that’s true—we know that because that’s what she does.

But neither of those answers can be the whole story.

If “for business purposes,” that makes no sense—if she needs a short-haired, light-haired model “for business purposes,” then why go out of her way to make over a girl with long, dark hair?

I'm just making assumptions based on what've seen so far.
In ch.10 she seems like the strict business type that only cares about Liz because her company is involved with her band. In ch.11 she's the one behind Liz radical makeover, praising her new hairstyle (we didn't know it was a wig) and then choosing a dress for her. Both the hairstyle and the dress don't fit Liz punk/rock public persona, but we can assume there's a valid reason for Sumire (at least from her point of view) to do this and since she's a business woman I guess it probably has something to do with her company sponsoring Liberty.
Sumire is a manipulator who easily swayed Liz just to have some fun in high school and we can assume she's doing the same thing now, she certainly isn't in love with Liz.

If she wants to remake Liz’s image to her own liking, then why have sex with her in her original hair?

First of all, to show the readers that the new hairstyle was just a wig. There're probably better ways to do this, but ok.
Second, maybe to symbolize the contrast between the "new" public image of Liz and her "old" true self? Who knows. We can only wait for the next chapter and hope it will shed some light on Sumire's plan.

Yuricchin
Liberty discussion 10 Feb 14:17
joined Dec 21, 2016

It's just a wig. It's a safe way to sport a new hairstylefor publicity, so if it doesn't work you can easily go back to the old style. I think Kubo Yurika and Nanjou Yoshino used wigs for certain shoots.

Right--but what's the thematic or narrative purpose of the whole makeover business? Liz is an entertainer (a musician, not primarily a model, or a voice actress playing different parts) whose public image was defined by her long dark hair. The whole shoot, in fact the whole idea of using Liz as a model for cosmetics, is Sumire's. The new look is "just as she imagined" (Chapter 11). (Incidentally, it also makes Liz look a lot like Maki.)

Even including a single panel of the ex pulling the wig off while they were making out would have clarified what the deal is here.

Sumire wants to change Liz's image to her liking, maybe even for business purposes as well. Hence the radical changeover.

Yuricchin
Liberty discussion 10 Feb 13:36
joined Dec 21, 2016

It's just a wig. It's a safe way to sport a new hairstylefor publicity, so if it doesn't work you can easily go back to the old style. I think Kubo Yurika and Nanjou Yoshino used wigs for certain shoots.

Yuricchin
Liberty discussion 20 Dec 03:21
joined Dec 21, 2016

Fun fact: Liz's real name in Japanese is 橘花 いづみ.
Kitta Izumi in Japanese is written 橘田 いずみ.
The first kanji is the same. Also 橘花 can also be read as Kikka, but I'm not sure how widespread it is as a surname.
Kitta Izumi isn't even trying to hide that Liz is basically her self-insert and I'm pretty sure that some situations like having to hide her sexuality in order to attract male fans are based on her own experience.

"Self-insert" isn't really the right term here. Self-insert is when you put yourself in a story to fulfill a personal fantasy. This feels more like veiled autobiography.

I get the sense that this is her way of coming out to the world.

What I meant was that she's using this manga to talk about herself, so yeah it's kinda like a veiled autobiography.

Yuricchin
Liberty discussion 19 Dec 10:17
joined Dec 21, 2016

The first kanji is the same. Also 橘花 can also be read as Kikka, but I'm not sure how widespread it is as a surname.
Kitta Izumi isn't even trying to hide that Liz is basically her self-insert and I'm pretty sure that some situations like having to hide her sexuality in order to attract male fans are based on her own experience.

Oh so interesting! But i dunno how to feel if Liz is supposed to be based off on her. I don't wanna think of Kitta Izumi as a yandere asshole :(

Who knows, maybe she made one of her fellow seiyuu sign a slave contract with her.

Yuricchin
Liberty discussion 07 Dec 03:35
joined Dec 21, 2016

last edited at Dec 7, 2018 3:38AM

Yuricchin
Touma-kun discussion 14 Sep 16:44
joined Dec 21, 2016

I know this isn't the time, but I expected this chapter to end with kid-Touma fucking the mom.

Next chapter, I hope

Yuricchin
Liberty discussion 11 Sep 09:27
joined Dec 21, 2016

I really want to know what expression soft butch was translated from here.

As I explained on my blog, the original is 歩くカミングアウト which means "someone who is obviously gay from the way they act, look and so on". I needed a word that wasn't too obscure, campy or straigh up offensive, so I went with soft butch because I think it fits for Maki.

Yuricchin
Touma-kun discussion 25 Jun 18:12
joined Dec 21, 2016

I forgot to save (and upload) the "correct" version of page 18, you can find it here: https://imgur.com/a/6MBpEHA

Yuricchin
Touma-kun discussion 01 May 19:14
joined Dec 21, 2016

Interesting. So first page from chapter 2 is actually missing.

So finally looked at the thing that Reejun mentioned and it is indeed a blatant mistranslation in this case.
"Maybe put your bangs down? They'll make you look a bit younger."
"It's fine."

Ok I screwed up twice. Thank you for pointing it out.
I'm gonna fix both pages tomorrow, meanwhile
https://imgur.com/a/49v512h

Yuricchin
Liberty discussion 26 May 22:10
joined Dec 21, 2016

It's just a cute nickname. I was thinking of using "Maki-chan" or "Makky" before simply sticking to Makki like in the original.

joined Dec 21, 2016
Yuricchin
Liberty discussion 28 Feb 16:59
joined Dec 21, 2016

Translator and editor here. Seems like there's a lot of confusion on who's the mysterious girl who almost got run over by our lonely OL hero and it's partially my fault.
Since I'm not a native English speaker, I uploaded my script on /u/ so that someone could proofread it. A more literal translation of Honjou's boss' line on the first page would be "An indie band sent us the sample tracks for the main theme of the game", but I went with the version of the anon who helped me: "We finally got the sample tracks for our game" because it was shorter. Only now I realised that leaving out "indie band" was an error since some didn't realise the connection.
The "little devil" is probably (99% sure) the frontwoman of the indie band "Liberty" who made the songs for the game Honjou is working on. The next chapter will probably reveal her name.
I'm sorry if I caused some confusion.