Forum › Posts by SyxThree

SyxThree
Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

This whole thing is such a great misdirect. The initial premise and tone lead you in a few obvious directions until the plot absolutely clubs you in the back of the head and drags you away in another.

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

The only thing that confused me (aside from the out of place page for a while) was why Rinko thought jumping to her death would help? I thought she had already concluded it wasn't just a dream, so forcing herself to "wake up" that way doesn't really follow. And it... looks like it didn't.

SyxThree
Matching discussion 06 Apr 19:43
Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

Just two odd girls who express their love in their own way, nothing wrong with that! Nice RikaRen credits page, btw.

SyxThree
Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

So blessed, I wish there was more Butterfly Soup art and doujins. I can't help but stan Noelle, especially!

SyxThree
Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

Has anyone watched the live action version of this? It seems hard to find subbed, but I'm also a little skeptical that this could even work half as well without the body horror expressions.

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

I could tell it was a gag of some sort as soon as things got weird, but I wasn't sure if it was originally a satirical manga or if it was a comedic mistranslation. By the end, though, it's pretty obvious it's the translator having fun. For those in doubt, notice how "translation" is in scare quotes on the credits page. Now I'm curious if the real version will be posted, but it was pretty funny anyway.

SyxThree
The Bridge discussion 02 Apr 06:57
Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

What's with people talking trash about chocomint!? I'm gonna form a political party for chocomint flavor!

Also yeah, this trope is bleh, but it wasn't that long so whatever, I guess...

last edited at Apr 2, 2020 6:59AM

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

jbghhfghjg "Maki hands of chapters". I want to see Komari!

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

Very rough chapter... Hopefully the incel gets the Lorena Bobbitt Special, but at least now we know he's scum that isn't worth considering at all (we kind of knew already). I wonder what will happen with the baby, though? I could see the the two protagonists raising it together, but I'm also getting abortion vibes.

last edited at Feb 25, 2020 1:53PM

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

Nagori Yu is a goddess! Praise her for this sustenance!

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

This is funny and I love her but it's also totally true. The situation is largely the same in the US. Unfortunately the LGBT community still has so much work to do, and this whole "play-acting hetero stereotypes" bit is one of the things that makes me the most tired.

last edited at Feb 11, 2020 7:22PM

SyxThree
Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

Oof that awkwardness... but at least she came around in the end. I guess it was the kind of situation where she was worried a woman wouldn't be able to take care of her daughter the way a man would. Outdated, but at least sympathetic.

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

Haha that note at the end... No thank you, I don't think I will. Like, the last thing I need in my life is more ignorant people associating homosexuality with pedophilia, and stuff like this doesn't help.

last edited at Feb 5, 2020 12:14AM

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

I was absolutely not prepared for the nipple funnels.

SyxThree
Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

I feel that credits page so much it hurts...

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

For once it's actually a masochist girl, not just "passive sexually" or "turned on by dominant partners."

She's actually a submissive, not a masochist though (as far as we know)

I think the implication is that she enjoys the objectification and humiliation (not to mention social risk) of the situation. That would definitely make her a masochist.

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

If unicorns are magical horses, shouldn't Uni sleep standing up?

Bothers me as well

Contrary to what a lot of people think, horses actually do spend some time sleeping on their sides. They're capable of standing while sleeping, but in order to get real sleep (REM cycle) they need to lie on their side. Because of the lifestyle they're adapted to, they don't need to do so for more than a few minutes at a time. But maybe magical unicorns need more sleep than that?

SyxThree
Image Comments 09 Jan 02:13
Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016
Dowftygugaedchr-orig

Hot Banana! <3

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

Ahh! I was just thinking about this manga like 2 says ago, lamenting that there hadn't been any chapter updates uploaded in forever! One of my faves, if they released the vol. 1 book in english I'd totally buy it.

SyxThree
Image Comments 13 Dec 12:32
Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016
Ejvkxj2vuaemmgm-orig

Assertive Mahiru, guau

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

This seems super cute. The premise has a lot of potential for both hijinks and fluff.

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

Food for my sooooouuuuuulll

SyxThree
Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

Sorry Hazumodai, it seems like you've acquired a curse without realizing it...

SyxThree
Dear NOMAN discussion 30 Nov 09:22
Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

Aaaa finally we're kicking it into high gear! Now we just wait to see how much time they spend kicking the can down the road before admitting/recognizing their obvious feelings. Knowing Neji we're also almost definitely going to go through a part where they think they have to go their separate ways and never see each other again, but it'll probably turn out fine.

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

The sex scenes felt out of place to me. It was weird that it just...happened all of a sudden.

It was pretty short so there wasn't much room to ease into it, but the idea is that this was the traditional/expected wedding night consummation, so it was simply part of the "ritual" they otherwise missed out on.

last edited at Nov 29, 2019 7:02AM