Forum › Posts by themusicman500

themusicman500
Image Comments 03 Sep 23:14
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016
Dlkjhgqw4aawf6d-orig

^^They're taking an afternoon nap and it's still warm out.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Pretty sure her and Saeko are not gonna be together near the end. The girl in the first page is most likely this one from the one-shot. Comparing the dyed hair, there's a slight different at the location, but it's the same one.

With how we don't see her face at all it does seem like it. I'm part of the minority though since I'm actually interested in what happens with the breakup because having this type of grounded down-to-earth (?) college romance is so rare. Reread the one-shot and can't believe how everyone is so negative about it. I'd understand if it was one of those "hey I'm actually straight and now I'm going out with some guy bye" but everything seems to reasonably work out with no hard feelings and an intact friendship in the end so...? I'm already reading Kase-san for diabetes so I'm fine with something a bit more adult and dramatic atm.

I thought the breakup was great and broke some yuri stereotypes. But my heart wants to see them give it another try, even if it's a long shot. I think that's why some people reacted to it negatively.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I love them together and I'd SO like if this series went past the one shot and took the ending in a different direction.

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I'm 90% sure yall are overthinking this and Marie's special someone is Stella.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I wonder whether this manga will entirely focus on Shirokuma lusting after Nanako, or a different character every chapter lusting after Nanako, or something else altogether

themusicman500
Opapagoto discussion 23 Aug 02:38
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I feel really heartbroken for Ayumi. That's about as painful a rejection as you can get, and the whole "family dynamic" with Yukari as the wife makes it humiliating, or at least that's how it makes me feel.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Has Nanami asked Kae-chan whether she's interested in women or not? Figuring that out would greatly simplify and clarify her life.

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Thank god there were no tents involved, I wouldnt handle more tents jokes.

So let's say for a moment that there WERE tents in this doujin, what two or three words would you use to describe it?

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Why couldn't this have happened on the canonverse? Why?!

Cool Kyoushinsha has this really weird way of handling lesbian subtext/main text where you can never tell whether anything's ever going to happen, and the more plot and character development occurs the more confusing it gets.

last edited at Aug 16, 2018 12:49AM

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I completely agree, but Wakatsuki had a whole roster of cluelessness about herself and - everything - to fill in. And I think the initial kiss test in Secret Recipe was mostly for real. At first she was all I feel sorry for this girl I wanna give her a hug (thought she was a poor little firstie) then she was like what is this tender feeling? Then she was all wait do I like girls? and I think therefore the "test" part was completely sincere, what she withheld was the name of the target girl. and the fact that feeling sorry for President was what really made her consider joining, not boyfriend-hunting as she claimed.

The narration at the bottom of this page: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_secret_recipe_ch03#12 I'm pretty sure flat out tells you she already had a huge crush on prez (because she's cute, smart, and nice) and the kiss test was literally just an excuse to get one kiss in before moving on with her life.

I agree that this story is very much in the style of Morinaga Milk. I also think most, if not all of the ongoing yuri drama manga about high school girls owe a lot to her works.

last edited at Aug 13, 2018 8:09PM

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Fujishiro willing to throw everything out the window and even reinvent herself to get along with Kurokawa. I actually love how this is going.

That part is reminicent of Secret Recipe - please recall Wakatsuki went from "ho hum being popular is great just go on one date and stupid guys buy you anything you want and they fight each other, how amusing" most popular girl in school - to crying over the club president, not wanting to wash her hair because "she" - the nerd with a handful of friends and no confidence - braided it, and then washing her previously pampered hair with sink cleanser in the janitor's closet. Although Wakatsuki was too clueless to make a good job of reinventing herself, that was what she thought she was doing.

I'd like to add that unlike here, in Secret Recipe Wakatsuki was in love with the president from the very beginning of the manga and well aware of it too. She just decided to play around and not actually confess at first because she assumed it wouldn't be reciprocated.

Fujishiro doesn't know that she has a crush on Kurokawa yet, but she clearly does.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

If you don't get this you're simply a low-iq pedestrian. You need a very good understanding of alternate history world war 2 fiction and postmodernist expression theory to grasp this series. It's okay to just give this one a pass and go back to your narutos and citruses while the REAL adults discuss this manga.

I for one find it deeply engaging.

I think this is an interesting comic, but please, get the fuck over yourself.

They were being sarcastic a la the Rick and Morty meme.

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Very sweet and enjoyable.

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

mel is jelly?

All four are gonna end up jelly of each other before the end of this.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Making fun of Nico's luck, more like. As often happens in the anime and diaries and game, and sometimes in the manga, Nico is basically in the right and being reasonable here. The combination of Nozomi being a character that goes too far (for comedy) and no one can really help Nico to win anything, ever, makes for a somewhat jarring mood and theme for comedy, really. Then again, in this doujin, she did choose to visit Nozomi, so ... I just think Nico would be way, way better off visiting, say, Rin and Hanayo. Or hanging out with Rin and Honoka. If the goal is Nico having fun, I mean. Eve Eli, Umi or Kotori would be better picks. Maki only on a good day. Nozomi has even fewer good days than Maki.

Honestly it makes me a little angry how bad Nico's luck is and how the people who mess with her never get any comeuppance. One of my least favorite parts of the series was when Tsubasa insults Nico, (who is a fan of hers), and Nico never gets the chance to do anything about it. The washi washi thing was wrong and makes me feel weird about Nozomi's character, but if I imagine Nozomi just bullies her because she really likes her, it redeems her a little in my mind.

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Not Snake for ch 5 please

Spoilers, please. lol

and also i think that kagami is just a pervert and sadistic bitch, i love her

In the chapters we have seen here so far, since Indou joined the school Kagami has . . . scolded Indou for falling asleep in class.

Sometimes I get the feeling that some people believe that all the scenes of Kagami in Indou's imagination really happened.

I think it's because she compared her to a dog when they first met. Pretty insulting, and it was her first impression on the readers.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I'm still trying to forgive Mami for going ax-crazy in that one timeline.

themusicman500
Image Comments 07 Aug 01:23
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016
55643732_p0

I wish there was as much NicoNozo in existence as NicoMaki.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Anyone else find the twist really predictable?

It totally got me. Might have been because I just read the author's other story where there's a love triangle.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

If by practically you mean literally

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

As love triangle stories go, this one was pretty well done.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Now™

You did not disappoint.

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016
  • Chapter 5 directly invokes the word “pedophilia,” as the much more sexually explicit doujins never did, but also shows Mel nearly nude and depicts the Master checking out Mel’s private parts.

Doesn't make much difference, but Mel was shown to be wearing underwear a few panels earlier, so it wasn't THAT sexual of a scene.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Ultimately, as in most stories like this one, the whole premise is demolished by the author's failure to make the main character ugly. You can't just draw a normal girl, put some glasses on her, and call her ugly. Now I have to just pretend that this character, who obviously isn't ugly, is. When the author of a visual medium forces you to ignore your own eyes in order to buy into their story, they have completely failed.

I don't think she's literally supposed to be ugly even within the world of the story, just not conforming to the fashion standards in Fujishiro's clique.

last edited at Jul 31, 2018 2:16AM

themusicman500
Image Comments 31 Jul 01:17
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016
39551923_p6

Dear lord, it's perfect