Forum › Posts by ffins07

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Not angry either. I'm with BugDevil on the "too slow".

I'm fine with slow burn, but clearly a lot of people are frustrated with various aspects of the story, and I think a significant development in Kaoru's situation would bring the most relief. Kaoru's the feature character right now for some purpose. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

last edited at Sep 29, 2019 4:04PM

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I don't have much of an opinion on Reichi yet. His cheating has yet to be confirmed. He looks stuck in a bad marriage, which he certainly has part in agreeing to in the frist place.

Kaoru is extremely insecure. She doesn't own her emotional responses. Whether or not Reichi is cheating, she's culpable in the lack of positive development in her life. (If she's being cheated on that's terrible, but she's just sticking her head in the sand.) They're both complacent in their marriage. As far as I'm concerned, Risako is just a physical manifestation of the insecurities Kaoru needs to face.

I hope the baby "threat" is a breaking point for Reichi. Something or someone needs to force her to be decisive for once. She needs a reality check.

I don't see the point in driving home Kaoru's insecurity anymore. Do we need to see how much more her life can fall into ruin? How much more she can make a fool of herself?

The baby can't happen because that would be unfair to the child that would come of it. Uta hasn't even been gone that long; of all the poor reactions...

last edited at Sep 29, 2019 3:08PM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Thank you for translating this sneikkimies!

As I thought, I really enjoy the introspective characters.

I'm glad Shimamura is her own person and she hasn't suddenly fallen in love just because Adachi is heads over heels for her. This is much stronger writing, and the honesty is refreshing.

I'm looking forward to the rest of their individual growth. I wonder what transformations will occur in Shimamura that will enable her to commit to a romantic relationship. I also wonder when she'll identify some things she likes.

Adachi needs to grow something of a backbone. They both "go with the flow", but Adachi's lack of self confidence is crippling. Confidence would help her better manage her anxiety.

Waiting for the licensed version will be torture. I'll just need to forget about it for a while. :(

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I don't feel bad for her, but, yeah, she's human. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I have zero sympathy for the third wheel. I hope we can just graze by the triangle plot. ٩◔̯◔۶

I'm here for more cuteness, awkwardness, etc., etc. ヽ(´▽`)/

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I don't know what my reaction is..., but I'll read chapter two. :|

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I love Bloom into You and its introspective characters, but I'm really enjoying this lighter-feeling narrative execute well. This story could finish stronger for me depending on where it goes. (BIY's introduction was overshadowed by Fluttering Feeling's end, and there's no competition between the two for me.) I am also still impressed with the mangaka having our protagonists talk through things despite brief episodes of drama.

Teenagers are capable of communicating about problems with their girlfriends, boyfriends, friend friends, etc. before they are blown out of proportion. It's nice to read a story showing that.

This series is a breath of fresh air. (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I also appreciated the dialogue with the guys who learned he his former friend/acquaintance like another someone of the same sex. Something really stupid would have to develop for me to be unhappy with this story as it wraps.

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I love communication. ^D^

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

TheLostLight said:

Why is she scared of Izumi? Facing her own gayness through Izumi's actions, or something else?

I could be completely off base, but what I got from it was that Fujishiro basically realized that she was in denial about her feelings for Kurokawa, so she confided in Izumi, internally hoping that Izumi would give her the reality check she needed. When Izumi did the opposite of what she was expecting and instead encouraged her denial further with such insistence, the mindset that her words and actions implies are potentially a direct opposition to the kind of person that Fujishiro needs to become.

In simpler terms, Fujishiro is realizing she's gay, and Izumi is starting to seem like she might be homophobic, or possibly super closeted to the point of denying the validity of gay relationships...? Or maybe Izumi's in even worse denial about having feelings for Fujishiro and Fujishiro can see herself in that side of Izumi, which scares her because of the implications about her own feelings. I don't know, that's my best guess at the moment.

This is closest to my reaction.

Also, I think people are being harsh on a teen, Fujishiro, sorting out her feelings.

One of the things I appreciate in this manga is that the characters aren't completely blind. And they are also complex.

Sure, I'd say she's being dramatic about the "compatibility issue", but that's not at all atypical for girls at her stage of life.

My main grievance in this chapter was the inconsistent style. The early pages had all the hair detail I love, but in the middle-end the drawing was... clunkier? blockier? plainer?? Not sure what adjectives, but that jarred me a bit.

On the other hand, Fujishiro's introspection boosted my optimismthat we are going to have explicit gayness is coming sooner rather than later (but it still feels so far).

Still really enjoying this. (◕‿◕✿)

Also hoping we avoid the love-triangle x(._.)x_

last edited at Aug 2, 2019 12:14AM

ffins07
Their Story discussion 01 Jul 15:52
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

༼ つ ಥ_ಥ ༽つ

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

re: skull

I hope the ultimate ending is less meh that this last chapter. The story has left too much of an impression on me for the ending to lower it much in my eyes, but still...

Why do you think it's meh? :0

This chapter just read to me like something I'd find other manga. I especially didn't care for the final panel. It felt too cliché. Just not my preference. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I feel like the story that captivated me has already ended. If this were part of an epilogue I would care less. In book form, maybe I'd just flip through these chapters very quickly. We'll see...

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I hope the ultimate ending is less meh that this last chapter. The story has left too much of an impression on me for the ending to lower it much in my eyes, but still...

last edited at Jun 30, 2019 3:51PM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

The protagonists aren't clueless. I'm in 200%. (^__^ )/

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Rolling my eyes at the ending, but this manga is still cute. :/

ffins07
Still Sick discussion 19 Jun 22:20
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I love this. *happy sigh*

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Too cute...

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I'm disappointed in Kurokawa. I was too optimistic hoping that hug would indicate more growth. It's nice that Kurokawa is picking up on some of Fujishiro's nonverbal signals, but this ...complacency with being admirer is clearly a point of content to be resolved in upcoming chaps. Looking forward to it... for the most part, heh. ^^ ;)

ffins07
VAMPEERZ discussion 02 Jun 18:35
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Was not impressed with chapter 4. Hmph.

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

So pretty...

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Well, that happened. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

...Interesting end.

ffins07
Still Sick discussion 11 May 21:21
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

This manga is great. So harsh, staying true to the characters. Hah...

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

This story is worth the hurt. I love seeing Miwa's dissonance in the pages.

Still very happy with this one.

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Kurokawa cut to the point. Yes!

And I love the hair detail.

...Also, it's easier for people to recognize they are having gay feelings when it's normalized. The suggestions around Izumi are strong, but we haven't been given other hints that girls liking girls is part of Fujishiro's world.

I like the author's choices so far. I hope we avoid the love triangle situation. They're almost never executed in a way I find palatable.