Forum › Posts by HypocriticalLiar

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

Feels like I haven't posted here in forever. So to make up for my inactivity, here is a silly fan art from me (moonfrost13). Hopefully it will help to ease the pain of this hiatus. lol.

OMG HAII. Ditto'ing anon's comment lol. WB! :D

(And I love it, so cute and so true. T_T)

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

ahhhh so cute! (plus sequel-sorta overdaline! AWESOME).

and geez, I love _yahaeee's No-rae. :O

HypocriticalLiar
Anime season 05 Jul 00:39
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

idk if it's going to be Chris & Tsubasa or Tsubasa & Maria though...I rather prefer the former, but they barely got any screen time together first epi.

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

Hopefully, Korrasami is important enough to kill over.

... It would be ashamed was that to happen.

*you need to read that imagining me wide eyed with a creepy-smooth voice, and ignore the was/were pun I don't think made sense.

WOO NO LONGER FEEL SICK. throws confetti

haha, okay, I rescind a little of what I said...this certainly did show that I missed some bits...but other parts did feel like a stretch. :P It seemed like a story that fit with all of the canon material, rather than the canon material supporting the story 100-fold. That being said, there were glaring hints that were explained rather nicely -- the letter, for one, the first meeting after Kora gets back, the cock-blocking, etc.

I suppose I wish there was just a little bit more....and something more like a confession that wasn't laced in subtle innuendos before the overt main-text hand-holding sunset thingy.

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

http://lokgifsandmusings.tumblr.com/post/105743705258/korrasami-analysis-musings-headcanons

Where I read most of my Korassami analysis. Certainly present, but not overt, and I liked it for that honestly.

I'm going to save this to read when I don't feel as sick lol. But thank you for it. <3 Maybe it'll change my mind.

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

I just couldn't help, reading that, but think of the people here, poring over anime trying to find those few little crumbs of lesbianism. The subtle hints in all but the very end of Korra.

Maybe I shouldn't respond to this half-drunk, but I should say:

I agree with this. Korra -- to me -- came completely out of nowhere. There were barely, if any, any hints, and trust me, I was looking for them. The only subtext was basically the last episode, and I wasn't as enamored with it as the rest of the world seems to have been.

To me, it felt as if they purposely left the ending ambiguous, to see what world-reaction would be. When it was positive and hopeful, they "confirmed" it. idk. It seemed like a cop-out to me.

last edited at Jul 4, 2015 11:02PM

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

omg overdaline that was really adorable. I love your chibi-ish depictions of Seol-a and No-rae!

I WANT MOAR. jkjk :) well, only if you want to heh

HypocriticalLiar
Stretch discussion 03 Jul 21:34
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

What, what, what....explain??

I mean, we know that Keiko was somewhat boy crazy on her younger years and the idea of being mother was her dream. If you go back at the first issues of the series you will notice that she put certain distance between her and Ran, distance that has become smaller and smaller of late. As this has happened, Ran has became more bold about her feelings for Keiko so isn't that much of a stretch(heh) to assume Keiko is at least considering the possibility.

Ohhhh, thank you for this. I probably need to go back and re-read the manga lol...this would be interesting to see. [Totally missed it myself]

takachi

it's super weird indeed! I hate them and I like them at the same time. It's hard to explain. They really grew on me. And in particular I don't like all those squids. But somehow when it's shaped into takoyaki, done by the Japanese, there's some magic about it that make it work. First time I was like eugh.. I don't like it... but the next time I passed by... I though I wanted to give another try... and then another try... and then.. you actually want it despite it still tastes kinda weird.

LOL! Really? Well, if I'm ever in Japan again, I'll be sure to try it again...maybe the same thing will happen haha.

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

^The last one remains disappointingly unresolved even in the manga (which ended). Not to mention, the object of affection handles the confession really badly. Somehow they become friends again, but then the whole thing just disappears.

HypocriticalLiar
Stretch discussion 03 Jul 01:41
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

I swear this chapter was different when I saw the raws. Also, that sausage tho... o____o

takachi

and damn... I could eat takoyaki today...

omg, I don't like takoyaki at all...it tastes super weird. D: Maybe it's an acquired taste or maybe I was too young when I had it.

Dark_Tzitzimine

A possible reading of the situation is that Keiko always thought of herself as being heterosexual but the current circumstances have got her entertaining the possibility of trying something more serious with Ran

What, what, what....explain??

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

overdaline

I think your mind is off taking a holiday for six weeks...? Mine does. It bid me goodbye yesterday orz

Yesss, I agree. I agree with this. TT

anonymous

Remember this from Chapter 29?

And then, back in the day...

anonymous:

BTW, randomly,
HypocriticalLiar,
did you make your current avatar yourself?

Did you really take that phone picture from chapter 29 and Photoshop out Gyeong-woo, lol?

HypocriticalLiar:

....Well yes. >____> I wasn't planning on doing it until I read halmoni's translation. This was kind of my way of exacting a secret (I also didn't really think anyone would notice haha, I tend to forget what panels look like myself) revenge.

aka I really liked the way Seol-a looked in the picture, and I was kind of hating on the dude quite a lot so I figuratively/literally erased his existence. ^^;;

And now, to fully right the wrong. :3

Source:
https://twitter.com/texpresspea/status/585495391606611970
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CCAY85KWAAEhYPG.jpg:large

LOL. This is brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. (Y) Noice find mate. We must all take revenge on Gyeong-woo.

damn, I should've photoshopped No-rae in to begin with

last edited at Jul 2, 2015 2:57AM

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

oh god the L word was the..._worst_ thing I ever had the misfortune to try. I've got no idea how people liked that show.

I tried watching it, but I seriously couldn't get into any of the characters from the start and couldn't bring myself to care about their lives. Not sure if that's a realism issue or just a lack of anyone I found sympathetic in the first couple of episodes.

^all of this plus

Oh.... The L Word and Jenny Fucking Schecter...

^mainly this. She's the main character and I couldn't stand her.

I lasted a full...I don't know, ten, fifteen minutes into the series?? I spoilered myself to see if she'd get better and if I should keep at it, but no, she get's worse!

fires up blowtorch

Oh

Side Note

New series, UnReal, deals with a reality TV show Mr. Bachelor thing. One of the contestants is in love with her friend.

So far, it's okay...but let me just say, the "violinist" contestant is abysmally bad. They didn't even try to sync it. I sat here raging at my computer -- she was not even in the right range!! The music is hitting a high 'f' and she's on the bloody G string a gagillion octaves down.

slams head

Y'all could have at least tried.

last edited at Jul 1, 2015 6:17AM

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

craptree

You think we can't fill six weeks with talking about almost nothing?

maybe. >_> THE FEAR.

A few of mine original ones have already been realized. Can't help it. T_T

overdaline

LOL reading what you wrote just totally made my name. edit: day. wtf why name. where's my mind.

last edited at Jun 30, 2015 9:49PM

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

AGH THAT'S HOW IT ENDED. SDFLKJLSDFLKJSDF

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

So there are a couple of other shows I forgot about (and a new one I just discovered).

The first is Crownies an Australian legal drama. It's amazing. And the head lawyer (and main protagonist) is female and married to another lady. There's also some subtext going on with her and her associate (also female).

It's sequel, Janet King, solely focuses on Janet (the main protagonist from Crownies) and focuses much more on her personal life. The subtext from the original also comes to fruition. A love triangle ensues between the three ladies. It didn't end with who I was shipping her with though. T_T in my mind, she left her wife dammit

And finally, Murder in the First. This one surprised me. The latest two episodes have the female prosecutor in some sort of serious relationship with another lady.

last edited at Jun 30, 2015 3:44AM

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

When exactly are we changing the forums to 'anonymous' harem'?

I thought it already happened.

oh and to add, thanks to all those scanlating the fan comic. <3 It's a nice read in the meantime.

last edited at Jun 30, 2015 1:11AM

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

O_____O dude, you are freakin awesome.

It's gorgeous. You are a google whiz

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

With your support, Hypo-chan, I'm sure we can maintain the thread alive for seven weeks without new chapters! xD

Yesssss let's do it. 1000% support!

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

And then will rise like a phoenix from the ashes of oblivion..

^THIS. That was poetic + made me feel a tad better.

and LOL anon

last edited at Jun 29, 2015 2:01PM

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

If you want to know how your mention of ga rei makes me feel, Google nostalgia critic bat credit card.

I just did, and it was mega-amusing. XD

Jormungand

Actually, in the manga Koko kisses Jonah. And (I could be wrong about this part, since it's been a while since I've read it), that's how it ends...with her kissing him. So unfortunately, I don't think their relationship can be described as brotherly.

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

Yumikuri was confirmed (SnK).

They're in different places so far as I know now though, and lets face it, it's likely they'll die.

If you don't mind me asking, how was it confirmed? Was it in the story or was it an outside-canon-material confirmation? (By like the mangaka).

Also:

Gai-rei (yuri, tragic ending)

Are you talking about Ga-rei Zero or Ga-rei? I could see Zero, but in Ga-rei it's more subtext and a happy end in the manga for the het couples, which, in other words, is each girl in the yuri couple getting together with a guy.

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

haha I don't think I mind the break so much as minding that this thread will probably disappear into obscurity until FF comes back. T^T

Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

LOL this thread man

Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

Well that's what I've heard, haha, I could be wrong.

Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

^only if a "friend" reports you for a fake name.