Forum › Posts by ieeheh

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

The sex scene was a lot to handle at 7 in the morning haha
I await more drama from Seju

ieeheh
Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Fuck I could reread Moe and Mizuki's scenes for hundreds of times. They're cho cho cho cho cute

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

I think little stuff in FF really gets me. Whenever I think about small parallels in FF, I can't stop smiling by myself at work thank God i'm in my own office. It's how much I love this series.

I love how Seol-a was usually quite sharp (considering chapter 54 when she was at the interview with Ina, making such a funny face at Ina's "climbing mountain" joke and thinking No-rae an idiot lol) but then got so serious listening tentatively whenever it's about No-rae, thus completely missed Heejin's jokes in this chapter and became an idiot herself lol.

I also love how Seol-a was disappointed in chapter 64

I completely forgot that they were from the same town... I thought it was gonna be just the two of us...

Then spoke up her determination at the end of chapter 65

Let's come again next time, just the two of us. Okay?

Just little stuff

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

@Nya-chan, I think you just added the following or I just missed it at first read

Some call it teasing. I call it lack of planning.

I would never ever call it that. It might've not gone well with your standards, but it's quite disrespectful to judge a creator's intentions and efforts as lack of planning.

I mean, drama over graduation? Did she give back an empty career survey? Oh, right, they aren't in highschool. I don't even remember what they are studying. Were they studying? I thought they were spending their life on the beach and getting into accidents. Why talking about that now? Who gives two flying shits about it?

When I was college, my group of friends (Asians) often joked that Business Admin major was for those who sucked at science and didn't know what to do with their life. That was us. Sad but true. And I think it's a social issue nowadays. College is the new highschool. Degree inflation.
Anyways, we might not be reading the same series, because their conversations were oftentimes school-related. Their college background was already intertwined throughout the story of this manhwa. So I do give some flying shits about it.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

@halmoni, thanks for confirming it :)

It literally says in FF's description that it's the story of the "ssome" of two girls who get closer without realizing it. Genres include romance, slice of life, and drama. I don't expect FF to suddenly deviate from what the author is advertising it to be.
[...]
Would it be nice if we had faster development and more exploration into No-rae/Seol-a's relationship after they're officially together? Yeah sure. But it's not an expectation that I'm needlessly pushing onto Ssamba, because if that isn't the story that they're trying to tell, I'm more than okay with that.

Well said. I'm enjoying this story because i think it's quite unique and it's not like any others at all. I fell in love with Ssamba's through 65 chapters of FF and I'm more interested in getting to know the story she's trying to tell, instead of the story I or others want her to tell. It's more charming.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

@Nya-chan, hope your w-e was as good as mine lol

Honestly, I think Ssamba didn't plan how to make the relationship progress.

Lol I woke up this morning and saw a tumblr post from sasha-andherpotatoe

I think sasha-andherpotatoe might've paraphased the description's translated text from a long time ago and made that picture lol, because it's not there anymore. But it does sound familiar as I've usually had my Chrome browser "translated" the Comico page.
If it's true, it makes sense lol. Brace for more "torture" hahaha.

The characters currently each take a psychotherapy with random side characters, Enah, Oppa, whatever, so, eventually, they give time to Ssamba for finding ideas.

I have no problem with it at all. I think it all comes down to personal taste.

I notice nobody discusses this chapter anymore. Just drooling over fanfics, where SOMETHING actually happen.

Now that's trolling lol. We've discussed the chapter plenty well.

FF could make some frustrated while others head over heels with it. But in the end, I think it's hard for anyone to hate it.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

@overdaline

HIIII
Oh welp my comics... I'm drowning in the sea of college's assignments TvT my hands are full with drawing graphs and all that Physics phenomenons sobs

Lol hopefully the upcoming summer will go easy on you and we'll get to see some cute moments of Seolrae from the mind of overdaline

I'm sorry to remind you of the ache, I'm currently suffering through it so those words just typed themselves HAHA

I'm not gonna lie, love is beautiful even when it aches. I hope your love will be returned :)

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

@overdaline, WELCOME BACK!!!! Can you just stay forever? lol
We've missed your comics as well xD

Have you ever fallen too deep,
that you're finally understand-
how you don't need water to feel like you're drowning...
how your reason to smile is also your reason to cry...
how someone becomes your most aching pain,
but you know, somehow...

This part got me so much crying
Sometimes I don't even want to be reminded of how achy it was to fall in love

ieeheh
Lily Love discussion 29 Feb 04:02
Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Goddamn this series is so fucking sexy. I'm having a hard time trying to keep a straight face while reading this in bed (and I share room with my sister) >///<

Haha poor you

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

@PaleRider, this is not a spoiler thread. It's only for discussion about the released chapters on Dynasty (up to chapter 18 at the moment).

Please follow this link to go to the spoiler thread and join our discussion there :)

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

@NamelessPresence
Funny mate

@cipp I would say FF is quite different from Kdrama. For kdrama, everything's literally portrayed on screen, it's romance focused anyway. There's really no need for fanfics. But if you look at kpop, holy cow lol. As long as there's a need to explore the possibilities of the canon relationships, fanfics come, it doesnt matter if its western or eastern though. Usually it's after the fans are so familiar/invested with the character/personality but there are not enough "actions" yet.
I'm pretty sure many members of this fandom are at that point already. Please direct your energy into writing fanfics haha

@halmoni

I guess there are people who don't enjoy this slow slice-of-life pace, but even after 65 chapters they're expecting it to pick up and change somehow ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I always thought of FF as a josei slice-of-life story. Just naming the genre already gave me a warm feeling lol

last edited at Feb 29, 2016 3:55AM

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

@cipp
YES, count me in on #TeamSlowBurn

On the flipside, ssamba does leave a lot ambiguous/open to interpretation. But just because something isn't explicitly shown, doesn't mean it's not happening.

This "ambiguous/open to interpretation" style of Ssasmba is the best thing I could possibly praise about FF. Going to art galleries, while I do enjoy looking at art pieces with great techniques, the thing I love most is the discussion about the hidden meanings/influences behind some paintings... paintings that made you keep gazing at it and unable to stop pondering upon. Reading FF is like that for me.

I wish I could just do what halmoni does and just be like "lol @ all the salt" but it feels like there's a higher than usual amount of complaining about the pace this week (I guess people got their hopes up due to the hiatus) which is a little disheartening to someone like me who comes here to read discussion/meta and be excited about the series. I don't want to be all "no negative opinions allowed" but at the same time the pacing argument has been rehashed so many times it's tiring... for those who are dissatisfied with the pace, do what NicLarkin suggested (but I'm saying this with complete sincerity not sarcasm), lower your expectations. Or channel your frustrated energy into drawing/writing the *ahem* action you want to see ;) This fandom could always use more fanworks.

I'm so with you on this. I need a fandom full of maniacs like me haha

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

katfemale posted:

@katfemale

I just read it, I didnt realize wile reading it it was samba

What? It's not Ssamba's

Good cuz its like deathnote dark. Its not bad, but in my mind I dont realate it to ff.

Yeah, like i said it's like Satan vs Angel lol

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

I gotta say Seol-a and No-rae's characters are so well developed by Ssamba, and they're continuing to grow more. That just opens a lot of ways for us to write 'believable' fanfics.

Why is no one writing anything? lol. I'm so interested in reading FF fanfics (rather than my own lame writing)

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

@katfemale

I just read it, I didnt realize wile reading it it was samba

What? It's not Ssamba's

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

eriri posted:
I so love that anime ieeheh !
Can't wait for each episode to come out every week ^^

ME TOO! It's the best show of the season (if not the year) alongside with Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu for me

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

@Thiaguinho-sama

Re: Vengeance
I'm sorry T-sama, but Vengeance's Seol-a is nothing like FF's Seol-a lol
And Vengeance vs FF is like Satan vs Angel lol
I'm not saying it's bad though lol I like it

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

@ffins07

I'm sorry I love your outburst so much hahaha. I was so tempted to quote all of them again, but I'll spare other readers' time to scroll through it (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

One thing I had to disagree though:

Plus, No-rae tends not to overanalyze things--or analyze things, period.

I myself think she does, like you said "over analyzing is a well worn path to indecision."
No-rae is someone who cares a lot. And for me, the only reason she can't make up her own mind is because of her over-analyzing. In No-rae's case, it's because she keeps going back and forth between two options in her mind. (maybe it's not called over-analyzing?)

No-rae: It feels like something is calmly settling down, but also unusually rising up...I get confused as to whether I'm happy or sad.
Seol-a: ...
Seol-a: There's no need to distinguish between happiness or sadness.
Seol-a: In short moments like these.
No-rae: ...Yeah. You're right.

(excerpt from Chapter 19)

What?? Of course this can be swept under the run. Things even more shocking can be swept under the rug.

Exactly. Sometimes I just wish people could learn to put themselves in other's shoes. It's shocking, it's unimaginable. But it fucking happens all the time. OT: Anyone's watching Boku dake ga Inai Machi? A girl got physically abused by a mother could still be brushed off the rug ¯_(ツ)_/¯

P.S. My day was almost tanked after a communication failure with a friend wherein I felt completely misunderstood and ultimately lost to withdrawal temporarily, so right now I'm extra sensitive to reactions and evaluations of these characters wherein the complainer doesn't appear to have considered a perspective other than his or her own. I'm fine with people complaining about their expectations for progression not being met, but--urggh. None of these reactions are surprising, but I still wish people weren't as stuck in their own perspectives as much as they are.

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope your day will get better tomorrow.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

@chocofudge, well said.

tldr

There's nothing tldr in FF discussion lol

From their conversation, No-rae seems like someone who just goes with the flow as also been shown in the previous chapters. But the thing is, it seems she doesn't know what she wants or probably knows it but doesn't know how to act on it. [...] She cares too much but she shows too little [...] She avoids conflicts so she tends to put other people first before herself. That's probably also why she can't pursue Seol-a but can't stay away from her either. [...] No-rae's walls are just to high

Personality wise, I've always found myself in No-rae. I'm usually torn with the question "to be or not to be" in all issues. So I'm always attracted to people who know what they want and can always make up their mind (aka Seol-a). I'd never want another wishy washy (aka Sung-pyo) for myself lol

Having said that, I think she knows there's something going on between her and Seol-a already, but yeah, too afraid to act or reciprocate. I don't buy it that she's dense. She even fooled and made fun of Ena once with her "airheadedness". She also questions Seol-a's feigned ignorance on her and Sungpyo's relationship in her mind. So yeah, I just don't buy it.

I'm pretty sure she knows, she's just too damn afraid of stepping into the unknown territory. Not that I'm any better... I'm still in the closet after so many years being an adult

That's it. Ktnxbye.

That's it? Back to lurking?

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Nezchan posted:

It's always a pleasure to reread the chapters with official release. So much better than the rough. I just envy those people who will find out about this series once all the chapters are out lol

I'm actually tempted to wait until official for the whole thing is done, then binge-read the whole thing in one go.

How would you follow the discussion without being tempted to read the chapters? lol

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Thanks a lot thatanon
You're so fast :)

I had some business that took my mind off FF for a few hours today. When I came back and read the typeset, I actually liked it even more.
Before I read chapter 65, I had expected something more grandeur. But then the released chapter did not disappoint me either.
For sure it's not one of those chapters with splashing lava (if we had any), but it calmed me down while still blending perfectly well with the whole story.

This chapter gave me clearer perspective of No-rae, but it'a still a lil puzzling. She's just so average lol. As a typical Asian who hung out with other typical Asians, it's in my nature to be interested in academics all the time. So to see someone, who's so average, who took a bunch of credits for nothing, gets portrayed on paper is quite refreshing lol.
But then... at the same time, No-rae is not so average. She has her own quirks that drew people to her and made them feel defenseless. So that made her treasured and unique in her own way (?!)
I don't know what my point is. I think I'd just wanna say I found No-rae quite refreshing and puzzling at the same time. I want to read more and take a deeper look into her character development. One thing for sure is that the difference between Seol-a and No-rae is like of the sun and the moon.

I still think Ssamba is a very good intuitive writer. She's not afraid of going against the crowds; she keeps marching forward until she makes her points and actualizes her vision, or just has her own fun. It doesn't matter if the readers get it or not. And it's the reason that will keep me come back and enjoy every week, to see what she has in store for us. I will make my own judgement only after the story is finished.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

sia ue posted:

In real life, if two people experienced what happened in the chapter 63 and 64, could the two of them possibly act like Seola and Norae did in chapter 65?

I was drunk, got extremely intimate with my crush aka my former best friend. The next morning the first thing she did was texting a guy that just asked her out and talked all morning with him. And we acted like nothing ever happened for the past 5 years. That was the most extreme experience I ever had. But yes, we had some other moments with tension and always brushed it off like that.

I was just saying from experience. But in no way I want Seolrae to drag out for 9 years like my all-for-nothing "relationship"

("former best friend" because I realized it was my delusional wishful thinking that drove me to be by her side all along. We still talk but I try to avoid getting close with her again as much as possible)

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Ch60:

Ch61:

Ch62:

Ch63:

Ch64:

Ch65:

I think my masochist self is happy with the past 5 chapters. I have no complain.

Nya-chan where are you? i need to feel more pain

last edited at Feb 28, 2016 3:19PM

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Alextasha posted:

"Just the two of us"

Korrasami....

HA HA