Forum › Posts by Anon99

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

And here’s a little introduction video that might help you join ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_DVHUEjnuU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHLUyouE48Q

Oh, and in case you’re wondering – in our case Ginger doesn’t stand for red heads; it stands for odd folks ;)

joined Jun 22, 2016

Hello everyone! (^_^)/

Welcome to Homolulu!

This is YOUR PLACE to hang out, for introduction, getting to know each other and blurting out anything that crosses your mind! (^_-)v

That’s right, I’m talking about you, you and especially you in the back who just decided to come lurk here for a while ;)

THIS IS YOUR DYNASTY!

Everyone’s welcome and I really mean everyone – no exceptions!

Can’t find any thread to post? – Then this is the right one!

I’ve recently learned that it’s hard for some people to join already existing groups with a lot of regular users so this is supposed to be the place where everyone can join - easy to say, ain't it? ;)
But let's just prove it!

You can come here to talk about anything that floats your boat, random things, non-random things, the most boring stuff if you like. You can just join to say hi, you can lurk in the back if you like, you’re allowed to share your stories, you can troll this thread as well, I don’t care! As long as the mods are okay with it, I’m okay with it and I hope everyone else will be as well.

This is a sanctuary for the bored, unwanted, shy and everyone who just wants to waste some time or escape life!

So let’s get started already!

last edited at Aug 25, 2016 3:12PM

joined Jun 22, 2016

Oh, good to know. Thank you! ^^b
Guess I should read the book then...
Have you read it?

Anon99
Their Story discussion 25 Jun 11:12
joined Jun 22, 2016

Well... she told her that she had diarrhea, so... that’s not exactly a turn on, is it...?
At least not for most people, I guess..

^^

Anon99
WDTFS fans - off topic 25 Jun 10:43
joined Jun 22, 2016

@ Cephalosporin

But you should watch the ending! It’s the best part ;)
I just love Catherine Tate! She's great!

@ oliver

You’re right. I wouldn’t exactly say I’m new here as well. Just pretty new to posting and to the whole forum stuff.
I regularly visit this site to check for updates since I first found it in 2010, I think... I don’t remember the exact date. Could have been 2009 even...

Anon99
WDTFS fans - off topic 25 Jun 07:58
joined Jun 22, 2016

That’s the kind of awkward I’m talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLIIzk9C08Q

Sorry for the double post!

joined Jun 22, 2016

Oh, I just remembered two more:

The World Unseen
and
Fried Green Tomatoes

The last one is supposed to be about a friendship... but it never really felt like a mere friendship to me... I don’t know about others. But I think it’s worth a watch.

Anon99
WDTFS fans - off topic 25 Jun 06:06
joined Jun 22, 2016

@ Alvis

Thanks! ^^
I agree with what Azai said on that matter. I’m not really feeling guilty about pointing something out, it’s just... the crapstorm that followed in the wake was a little too much. I mean, no reason to bash people. And I also didn’t think that it would make Suzuma disappear. I’m pretty sure that everyone in here - at some point in their lives - did not tell the truth about something. So that’s not a reason to just disappear into thin air, I think.
That kinda surprised me and I’m probably to blame for that...

So I still kinda feel like telling kids that Santa and the Tooth fairy do not exist. The awkwardness that follows...
Not a nice feeling... (^_^”)

But let’s take a look at the bright side:
At the very least that should make it easier for real newcomers to join because it will be pretty hard to top that! ;)

last edited at Jun 25, 2016 10:59AM

joined Jun 22, 2016

Hello there! (^_^)/

Thought I’d contribute a few more suggestions for your list, don’t know if anyone mentioned them before – if so, my bad. So here we go:

Movies:
The Hours
The Kids are all right
The Childrens Hour
Gia

TV-Show:
Queer as Folk

Anon99
WDTFS fans - off topic 24 Jun 06:06
joined Jun 22, 2016

@ dofudofu

I know it’s none of my business but since I feel kinda guilty about all of this just wanted to say: Just because she made that part with the machine up doesn’t mean that everything else has to be all lies...

Sorry for the interference!

Anon99
WDTFS fans - off topic 23 Jun 20:11
joined Jun 22, 2016

… huh… I kinda feel the need to apologize to the regular users of this thread now…
I’m sorry! (^_^”)

If I knew that would happen I wouldn’t have pointed out that a machine like the one Su mentioned doesn’t exist. I really didn’t wanna spoil the fun for anyone...

Anyway, I’m really sorry! m(_ _)m

Anon99
WDTFS fans - off topic 23 Jun 11:24
joined Jun 22, 2016

What made me join?

Hmmm... curiosity, I guess.

@ Like I Care

Salute! ;)

Anon99
WDTFS fans - off topic 23 Jun 11:11
joined Jun 22, 2016

Same here, in my twenties and I’m from Germany as well.

@ Rainy365

Thanks for the beer!
Cheers! (^_^)/

Anon99
WDTFS fans - off topic 22 Jun 20:53
joined Jun 22, 2016

@ Newp

^^
And I adore you! – For always posting the translation of WDTFS!
Much appreciated! (^_^)b

Anon99
WDTFS fans - off topic 22 Jun 20:46
joined Jun 22, 2016

@ Like I Care

I totally get where you’re coming from – unfortunately I have to add.
Those dark thoughts come upon me at times as well ^^
But it’s just sad that we’re all part of that cycle.
If I had a choice it’s not the kind I’d wanna be a part of. But unfortunately no one ever asked me ;)

@ Everyone else

As for the name change:
It doesn’t make a difference, does it?
I mean, you wouldn’t change the name of your baby girl either just because she grew up and you found out that a lot of strange people you never heard of before found a way inside of her...

Bad joke, I’m sorry! (^_^”)

last edited at Jun 22, 2016 8:47PM

Anon99
WDTFS fans - off topic 22 Jun 19:50
joined Jun 22, 2016

@ Like I Care

If you put it like that then I guess you’re right, why should we, as human beings, make an exception? But the moment you get involved yourself or one of your loved ones does that’s when it starts taking a toll on you...

I can’t talk for anyone else here but I can handle a little cynicism ;)

@ Azai

Hi! ^^

Thank you for your take on the matter!
It’s always nice to have a doctor around! :)

Anon99
WDTFS fans - off topic 22 Jun 19:25
joined Jun 22, 2016

@ Cephalosporin

For you the glas seems to be half full :)
That’s a good trait!
I tend to reside on the dark side sometimes... (^_^”)

But you are right. And that’s the reason why there’s still hope.

@ Like I Care

You can’t possibly be more awkward than me ;)

Anon99
WDTFS fans - off topic 22 Jun 18:48
joined Jun 22, 2016

Yo right back at ya! :)

Maybe time for a new name for this thread ;)

I’m just always fascinated with the possibilities of modern medicine but at the same time it’s quite depressing since it’s no longer just about the well-being of an individual but mostly about making profit.

Anon99
WDTFS fans - off topic 22 Jun 18:13
joined Jun 22, 2016

@ elthundercat

Hello there! ;)

Anon99
WDTFS fans - off topic 22 Jun 14:46
joined Jun 22, 2016

Groundbreaking advances in modern medicine are not being kept in the dark and treated as secrets. That’s why there are press conferences every time something outstanding has been accomplished. Like the first face transplant, the transplantation of a whole arm or the separation of siamese twins.

The only reason to keep it secret would be if it’s something like the development of biological or chemical weapons.
And we musn’t forget: modern medicine is really expensive. The industry invests millions in research so it wouldn’t make sense to keep technology like that a secret.
Governments don’t control medical research and the distribution of medical technology (maybe in North Korea but apart from that) – it’s the industry.

Technology like the one you mentioned could save many lives if it really existed because then it would no longer be a problem to transport needed organs around the world.
There would be limitless possibilities.
Unfortunately the transplantation of organs is very restricted when it comes to the distance between the donor and the recipient of the organ. That is because the organs taken slowly begin to deteriorate as soon as they leave the donors body. They keep the organs packed in boxes with ice to prevent that from happening too fast but that only lasts a few hours.
So you only have that much time to take the organ to it’s new owner.

http://www.transweb.org/faq/q24.shtml

There’s been some development in organ transplantation in the recent years; approaches like the Ex Vivo Machine that not only cools the organ but also supplies it with oxygen and nutrients or the Portable Organ Care System that uses a different approach from the above mentioned and keeps the organ at body temperature and provides it with nutrients to prevent it from deterorating but even that increases the “life span” of an organ only by a few hours unfortunately.

So many lives could be saved if it would be possible to keep organs alive for weeks...

Anon99
WDTFS fans - off topic 22 Jun 09:37
joined Jun 22, 2016

There is no device that would be able to keep a heart alive for weeks unfortunately.
Non existent.

One shouldn’t make jokes about serious topics like that.