Forum › Posts by Omega Deuse

Omega Deuse
Lemonade discussion 19 Dec 06:45
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Does it say something that my mind immediately went to aliens, or some other absurd threat, when they had their helmets?

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Does anyone else have a problem navigating pages in the mobile version of the site (fire fox on Android, to be specific)?

The click box on the arrow seems really tiny, so I have to zoom in really far to click and then zoom back out to read, and has a tendency to disappear all together. The mobile pages also seem to lack access to the page bar, so you can't skip pages you've already read or bypass the arrow without editing the URL, which is kinda inconvenient.

Ideally, it would be nice if the page bar could get a drop down menu and the arrow could be made much larger and, possibly, translucent or gesture based, so you don't need an arrow.

Omega Deuse
Citrus discussion 05 Dec 03:21
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

That ending is really, really, sad. I am greatly concerned by Mei's mental state.

Omega Deuse
After Life discussion 02 Dec 15:28
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

I almost feel Sayaman's works need a special Serious tag, because his serious ones are so different from his trippy ones.

Dowman Sayman fuckiin astonishes me. We get deep meaningful stories like this to the girl who wished her girlfriends saliva was alcohol....AND THATS WHY I LOVE"EM!!

Wait, which one was that? It wasn't one of the standalone ones, was it?

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Hehe, Hirari on SM shelf.

Ok, my google-fu seems to have failed me. What is 'Hirari'?

It's the magazine the series is published in.

You saw nothing! >.<

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Hehe, Hirari on SM shelf.

Ok, my google-fu seems to have failed me. What is 'Hirari'?

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

There currently seems to be two instances of chapter 12.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Dat reference in chapter 20... Mirakurun X I think?

Huh? Where is that? The only Mirakurun I'm familiar with is from Yuru Yuri.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Yay! Conditions for Paradise has always been one of my favorites. I'm happy that it got a continuations.

Now I just need to wonder who that knew character is. Sumi's boss, perhaps? I'd wonder if she was going to play a larger roll, but there's only 1 more side left. I really wish this was a longer running series.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Well that was a reasonable response...

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

I think i dont get it very well,... i was lost in some part, "whatever it's on Christmas or not..." what?

Refer to this for the back story.

Perhaps they should be linked somehow? Would it be possible to file them as chapters, so you get previous and next chapter buttons?

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

That was interesting. Sane, even, by Dowman standards.

I kinda want to see more of this world. Things like how the outbreak started, how the humans adapt, how the zombies adapt and where these girls go next. I bet you could come up with something interesting even if. You had a normal author do the writing; I bet Dowman's take would be novel.

Omega Deuse
Kase-san discussion 04 Oct 03:01
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

So, am I the only one who saw that closing bit of narration as terribly ominous?

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

I can feel Natsuo's pain. There's nothing quite so depressing as going into a major clothing store and getting told you'll have to check in the children's department if you want anything in your size.

I'm actually really liking this manga. Which is odd, because I normally abhor gimik comedies. I think it's because they never go overboard and, for all of their quirks, none of the characters seem to actually be idiots.

Omega Deuse
Fragtime discussion 22 Sep 19:22
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Theres too much about this that makes no sense to realy enjoy it.

A) Stopping time must mean 'stopping your own passage through time' - i.e existing in a frozen moment - its not like you could freeze time for the whole universe. And if it was a bubble around her for a certain radius, people outside it would all see en-mass at the boundry that it was going on. That given- it makes no sense the other girl could still move- she would need her own 'time freeze' ability or something.

Why couldn't you freeze time for the rest of the universe? For that matter, do you actually need to "freeze time" in order to get a time stop effect? Would not a perspective shift be enough.

B) If you realy froze time for an object/people - it would be utterly impossible to move them because moving in space requires time to pass. To move something frozen in time would be to move the universe. If it was just you there was effected- anything you did would still happen and the effects be seen. They'd just not see why it happened.

It could be an on contact or on focus effect (e.g. when she's holding onto the door handle, it's no longer frozen, but when she lets go it freezes again).

C) If she freezes time to escape people and situations she dosnt like like that, why isnt everyone terrified of this girl who keeps vanishing? Which is what it would look like if you froze time while they were talking to you and left.?

Yeah, you got me there. That's been bugging me as well. Maybe it has some mental chinakery involved? >.>

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Well, SOMEONE's staring into the kaleidoscope. I wonder if she could try co-opting alice from the beginning or going with Yukari to Jaunt from the beginning (at the very least, knowing a virtual god was keeping an eye on them might make the higher ups prioritize Yukari's safety a bit more).

I also can't shake the feeling that Gaku would be A LOT more powerful if she wasn't quite so obsessed with saving Yukari and, ironically, that would put her in a much better position to succeed.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

It's good to see this story getting an update. I recall liking it, but I have no idea what's going on in this chapter. I mean the beginning made enough sense and I got that the black haired girl glued the pen to the blondes hand, but almost nothing else about the phone conversation or the bleeding seemed coherent. I don't suppose anyone else could explain what's going on?

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Hmm, that was interesting. I agree that it suffered a bit at the end, but I think that's more due to it's brevity than anything else. The setup was interesting, but the conflict was very abbreviated and the revelations came with minimal effort on the protagonists part. That there was little to no foreshadowing of the supernatural and that the end was carried by something of a deus ex machina was also disappointing, which is compounded by the protagonists lack of agency at the end and the relatively sad ending.

It's unfortunate really. The supernatural portion of the conceit seemed like it had lots of potential, it actually reminded me of xxxHolic, but they did nothing with it. Stopping time with a wish shouldn't be something so minor that it can be brushed away with a single mention and there's a lot that can be done with characters who are in the know dropping in and out of the frozen time. Besides that, if one person's wish can stop time, imagine what else could be done.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

This reminds me of another Manga where the character said the little Mermaid a metaphor for a homosexual. The whole mermaid bone thing could just have been her way of telling the main character that she's gay. That would also explain why she gets worried when that other girl calls her ms. Mermaid.
If you look at it that way, then she might have kept to herself at the beginning because she was used to getting harassed. Similarly, she might have left because she was afraid that she had been outed and wanted to leave before she started getting bullied again.

Still, that's a bit of an unsatisfying explanation. This manga could easily have been longer and better for you the added details.

Also: I hate the original ending for Little Mermaid... so sad and depressing. That incest-yuri version on here was much better. :)

Wait, what?

last edited at May 31, 2013 12:08PM

Omega Deuse
Rooftop discussion 25 May 04:55
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

why all these comments ? i haven't read all , i wanted only ask why the "wtfair" tag, this isn't a surreal story, in fact it's too much concrete

I agree.

Omega Deuse
Prunus Girl discussion 18 May 19:59
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

The yuri couple was subtle?

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Hmm. I liked the start of this, but the new guy is just too over the top.