Forum › Posts by onyxpanda

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Hum. This is rather interesting.
I read this a year ago, and this happy feeling was definitely not what I felt back then.
If I remember correctly, I disliked this one-shot for some reason...

But ah, re-reading it makes me smile.

"I think two girls clinging onto each other is a wonderful thing!"

Truer things have never been said.

I agree 100% with you!

onyxpanda
joined Apr 19, 2012

Hmmmpf,That's what being young is about... Thought that never happened to me, neither being rejected or rejecting WHY!? ...
This is such a lovely story, thanks for chapter nine, it's good that they can settle things like that, it doesn't happen in real life very often.

Haha, yeah. It was pretty surprising that it went well. Thought there'd be more angst or drama.

That was both horribly sad and horribly heartwarming.

All in all Chika is probably the best thing about this manga, in love with someone who loves her but as a sister, wants to hate her percieved rival but actually gets along really well with her, and more or less is just a nice person who sadly just kinda has to suffer.

True that. Chika has been extremely generous, especially as a "love rival" who saw through everything before anyone did. Practically the perfect character to get "friendzoned". Haha.

Despite reading this story from the beginning... with this new chapter I feel it is like those other romances where character who is actually decent and everyone KNOWS would be perfect for the main love interest gets shafted.

Well, even though I don't like it when the main perfect love interest gets y'know, shafted, especially when nothing real serious has even happened to the Hanai and Hoshino, I think this is a pretty damn good portrayal of real life. I mean, as real as it gets.

Anyway, I liked that little backstory, but I'd like more "concrete evidence" kind of thing for Hoshino's obsession with Hanai. I don't want any half assed, "oh, she just fell in love at second sight with her" kind of shizzazz. Like, yeah it could happen, but no.

joined Apr 19, 2012

In the Reading Lists, why are both one-shots and series' chapters both called "Chapters"?

Because they're individual chapters as opposed to anthologies or series, which are collectively called "groupings."

It's either a grouping (a collection of chapters) or it's a chapter. They're complementary terms.

Oh okay, thanks for letting me know. I was just confused since there was no "Grouping" term, but only the terms "Series" and "Chapters".

Edit: Oh nevermind. I see "Anthology" too. Guess those groupings are separate, eh?

last edited at Aug 15, 2013 4:19PM

onyxpanda
My Duckling discussion 15 Aug 16:14
joined Apr 19, 2012

Bawww. So cute. The guys look like lil' toddlers at the end haha

joined Apr 19, 2012

In the Reading Lists, why are both one-shots and series' chapters both called "Chapters"?
It makes it a tad bit confusing.

onyxpanda
Truth discussion 15 Aug 16:01
joined Apr 19, 2012

Holy shiznits. That was rather chilling. I really feel bad for Secret Girl and a bit for Long Hair though. I mean, sure, Long Hair messed up a lot, but heck, wish I could have given her like a +1 up or potion (ahem pep talk) to imbue some courage in her. This whole mess wouldn't have happened. Maybe it could have unlocked the best ending and gotten everyone happy?

But seriously, poor Secret Girl. She was so brave at the end just revealin' all the secrets haha. But she didn't even ask for any of this ): *pat pat

And gawd. Ponytail was just like holy hell sinister at the end. That was the moment when I understood my kind women are scary.

This was genius of Namori though. I didn't even realize that all these covers had a background story!! <3

onyxpanda
Mimimi discussion 15 Aug 15:40
joined Apr 19, 2012

D'awww. This was adorable.

But more importantly!? Does the scarf thing even work?!?!
Haha.

joined Apr 19, 2012

This really doesn't work that well outside of the original context (responses to each episode of the second season)

Yep! I guess this is her "screen time" haha

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/this_weeks_akari#3
I am more surprised by this.

Haha, true! She said she didn't get anything back in the anime!

This was adorbs.

onyxpanda
joined Apr 19, 2012

HAH!? So this is a sequel!!? (<- An idiot who just got what p0015 means)

Actually, I only realised it today, but I'm pretty sure all of his MadoHomu is in a single continuity.

Awww yeah. Managed to read all of the MadoHomu of his.
This one was the sweetest and tamest though lol.

onyxpanda
joined Apr 19, 2012

Ahahaha, this is so cute. And where the heck does she get that much money?

onyxpanda
joined Apr 19, 2012

Bawww! I always like Midori and Tamako... together ;D

onyxpanda
joined Apr 19, 2012

Hahaha, I cracked up when she she was like "Isn't this MAMI'DDDDDD" haha
oh man, that trauma from Charlotte must've been deeeep!

onyxpanda
joined Apr 19, 2012

Wish I had my own Rin-chan. Haha, this was sweet!

joined Apr 19, 2012

Haha, this was a pretty fun one-shot to read.
It also reminded me that I'm going swimming tomorrow with friends :D

joined Apr 19, 2012

I'm quite late here, but I finally realized that I could list my pairings. (As in "Read", "Favorites", etc.)
That was the best thing besides the spoiler formatting thing.

So I'm just dropping by to say: Thank you so much, omnscient0 for all your work! And also thanks to everyone else who chipped in, suggestions and all!

onyxpanda
joined Apr 19, 2012

The first couple I actually had the intention of shipping was Shizuru x Natsuki. Thankfully, they're canon and there wasn't any other yuri couples to go against at that time, so they garnered like a bajillion doujins and fanfics. Sadly enough, that was like 8 years ago. And then Mai Otome was like 7 years ago.

So, yep, guys. It's been awhile.

But I still love them regardless.

On a side note, will any of the remaining Doropanda's be translated and uploaded? And is there even anyone willing to translate them now? hopeful

onyxpanda
Maple Love discussion 14 Aug 03:26
joined Apr 19, 2012

Back again because I just can't stress how much I love this one-shot.

onyxpanda
Gokujo discussion 14 Aug 02:54
joined Apr 19, 2012

What on earth is Konatsu's mom doing sending her daughter such "wholesome" clothes, hahahaha.
Man, most "straight playing" character is Ai, but she's still hilariously being stripped every where by Aya.

I definitely thought I'd be disgusted by this, but seriously, this one made me laugh out loud. Usually I giggle, but this one actually made me laugh involuntarily...

Can't wait for future chapters!!!

last edited at Aug 14, 2013 2:54AM

onyxpanda
joined Apr 19, 2012

Reading it for the second time around, and I'm finally able to appreciate Jenny's thoughts this time around. Really shows how much both of them love each other. Definitely a bonus being able to see Lynn's femininity too!

I laughed hard at the author's note when I saw "I decided to ratchet up the lewd level in this one".
That translation was unexpected.

joined Apr 19, 2012

Definitely my favorite LynnxJenny doujin out there.
Jenny's just so cute. But Lynn's also so precious.

Budou Mato rocks!

joined Apr 19, 2012

D'awwww! This was so cute, hahaha.
Wonder if Ryuk also wrote the manga "Death Note" ;D

onyxpanda
joined Apr 19, 2012

Yeah, this is one of my personal favorites

Though I have to say that the sheer difference in tone from everything else I've seen the author write is striking

That's true. Also, just briefly looking through it-- it seems like this is the tamest out of all of them...

onyxpanda
Collectors discussion 13 Aug 17:03
joined Apr 19, 2012

My goodnesses
I absolutely adore these two!

Maybe the moral of the story is "communicate with your significant other"?

onyxpanda
Bully discussion 13 Aug 16:49
joined Apr 19, 2012

... Tsundere and masochist much haha?

onyxpanda
joined Apr 19, 2012

Holy crap. This doujin just gave me nostalgic ShizNat feels.

And sigh. I've dug through all the fanfics and doujins I could find and have finally exhausted all my resources. What am I to do?