Forum › Posts by Linterdiction

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

I’ve realized that I just invented catgirls

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

The faces in this are so cute.

Why is it that whenever people draw girls with an art style that would work for like anime cats it’s just naturally charming? Like triangle mouth, or really rounded with sharpness in certain features like the chin? I feel this way about Konbu Wakame’s art too, it has this cute/pretty/mischievous quality that’s also able to go into other tone and stuff, or even be lewd, and yet seem wholesome.

Linterdiction
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

I’m also a fan how even though, as Pekoe said, our MC has issues, she’s also a more or less well-adjusted, kind person in other areas. She’s at least somewhat honest and not an asshole, handling that question about her change of position tactfully, and was already questioning her judgements when she talked to our love interest and saw she was more than plain.

Too often, MCs with Issues are also unrepentant assholes who get way too much leeway or sympathy for their bullshit. It’s refreshing that, so far, our adults seem... well, adult.

I’m very excited.

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

There's a neko for the tachi joke to be made here but it's too early in the morning for me to make it work lol

Same lmao

Neko-tachi no yokubo?

Alternatively, Neko-chan, tachiagare!

Ah yes, Japanese puns, the highest form of, “damn I’m never goin to fully appreciate this content.”

Catnip > cat > tops
There’s always a bigger fish

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Okay but can we talk about how cute Asumi-chan is?? Like, one of the sub-themes of this story seems to be that she’s basically catnip for tops, and while that’s not exactly a unique premise, but what sets this apart is how well she carries that roles. She’s kind of sweet and innocent, but she’s also a horny; she’s emotionally open, brave, an enthusiastic participant, and really sensitive, which some characters have remarked is exciting because it makes topping her really satisfying.

Basically, unlike many manga with this premise, the writing (dialogue and body language) of the character actually justifies why she gets so much attention, above and beyond the whole brothel thing. It’s really cool!

...ah, my gay gushing has turned into literary analysis again. Oops.

Linterdiction
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

"I want to fuck a girl!"
"...What about me...?"
"No, I like you too much."

unfortunately, this is real lesbianism right here

LOL

I am still waiting for Kirin to launch a diatribe on the segregation of female sexuality and affection in Japanese culture. :3

I'll do you one better and link an entire academic article about it.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://brill.com/downloadpdf/book/edcoll/9789004344198/B9789004344198_012.xml&ved=2ahUKEwjZr-PXybHtAhUrwjgGHR-YAaYQFjABegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw2bVpvAS6T2DnYl7Fv1LwPR

Sasuga, Kirin.

Linterdiction
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

This series had such a great start but it went downhil since this Legion came into the picture. The idea was Dark fights Light from the Dark's perspective, not the other way around as usually does,

I don’t think that’s quite it. There was a lot of discussion around this a few chapters back, but I think it’s more about the difference between BDSM and abuse, play and violence. MC’s path is developing toward someone who challenges and strains the magical girls, but ultimately hones them into becoming better, stronger people. We can see how she used her powers to get the two defectors to let their walls down and love each other, the idol girl to accept herself through exhibitionism, how she helped Tres Magia blue to remember what her true purpose was.

There was a really cool theory that the magical girl vs. villainous queen thing in this manga that the mascots were setting up was supposed to be about kinky play, but Enorme misinterpreted the point of being a dominant to being about strength and taking from others. She rules with fear instead of with love, and the pain she inflicts is not loving sadism but cruel torture. I think it’s a fucking amazing and original premise, but we’re losing so much of it to the rushed pacing now.

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

[Shaggy voice] Like, what the fuck kind of plotline was that scoob?

It had big 10-minute-draft energy. Just piling weird shit on top of itself with no sense of consistency. It’s just a worse version of a scene we’ve seen a hundred times but now there’s a maid. Wild.

Linterdiction
Image Comments 01 Dec 00:35
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018
75617955_p0

If you haven’t heard Ange’s voice go listen to it right now, you need that boost to your gay energies.

Linterdiction
Image Comments 01 Dec 00:33
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018
Emujvu9ucaebw8d-orig

Hnnnnng. Sleepy helicopters! So precious!!

Linterdiction
Image Comments 01 Dec 00:31
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018
Bbc-chan-854656-aqua_and_larxene

Dude holy shit what a throwback. I remember unknowingly crushing on Larxene back in the day looking for fan content like, “does everyone not see how amazing this character is??”

Turns out she was only a throwaway character and I just really want a pretty girl to be really mean to me. Lmao.

last edited at Dec 1, 2020 12:38AM

Linterdiction
Liberty discussion 01 Dec 00:25
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Reading this like,

“Oh a cute butch in Manga? That’s sick.”

“Oh she’s having her fated meeting—woah, this goth girl is something else. Oh, that quirky miscommunication because her handwriting is bad! That’s a really interesting and humanizing story beat to counteract the, “sudden perfect GF appearance” thing.

“Oh she’s a singer? Rock/metally something? YO THE BASSIST CAN I GET HER NUMBER??”

“Oh she just... left? That’s weird. Girl’s got issues.”

“Okay, not sure how I feel about the coincidence plot thing, kinda feels like my girl Maki is being strung along. But hey, I’ve also been getting some ‘still sick’ vibes! So I’mma ride it out.”

“Oh huh, I guess I’m a little disappointed she’s so different at home but hey, maybe they’re making a message about that. Oh shit she hit her! Did she do something judgy?”

“Backstory? .... okay, healing lesbians manga, that DV shit was kinda sus though.”

“Oh so she’s just never gonna explain what her deal is. Oh, she’s demanding weird shit from her, and Maki just... goes with it?”

“Is that bassist still around? She’s queer right, do we need Abusive Pixy Dreamgirl here?”

“... is that her highschool GF? Is she—”

[screaming sounds begin]

[screaming continues]
[recording ends]

All I’m gonna say is, justice for Maki. Let our butches be happy.

last edited at Dec 1, 2020 12:27AM

Linterdiction
Image Comments 30 Nov 16:31
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018
83404002_p0

^^^ Just her expression twisting a little as she... y’know... does the do.

Linterdiction
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

I’d argue that “easy cut-and-dry professionalism” doesn’t describe all therapists and especially not the kind that would be good for our MC here, but your point is well-taken.

I think MC doesn’t want sympathy or empathy. She wants someone who lives in the same world (hence the lovely, powerful images of her being deep underwater—what an excellent visual metaphor, because it do be like that) to show her kindness without empathy.

W/ r/ to methods, stories get to have things happen with unacceptably low success rates & pick the “success” roll. I agree this is not the way to go IRL, certainly not a manual for good mental health. But IDK if fish girl is supposed to be an emanation of MC’s mind; to me it seems more like she’s that to the author, and this somewhat ethereal story comes from them semi-abstractly representing their own pain. I can see in it the dream to have someone that can just help you move, and who knows that you want to die. I think that’s why there’s a certain romantic charge every time fish girl asks MC if/why she wants to die. Like the deep relief of someone just being where you’re at, mixed with gay. IDK.

Linterdiction
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

“I’ve been wondering this for a while now,”

“Do you like your women covered in viscera?”

last edited at Nov 30, 2020 2:17AM

Linterdiction
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

One might even call it the Expanded Yuriverse

I like the way you do business!

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

I love the conceit of “magical girl is like a dead-end
job,” and this girl is having second thoughts about her career. For all the ways Magical Girl stuff has been retold for a more adult audience lately, I think this aspect of it as a grueling job is underexplored.

Linterdiction
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

I think we’re seeing two confirmations—first, that Baiser’s power is determined by her motivation, so once she got the idea of punishing Lord for her childishness (and for hurting magical girls in non-sexy ways) through age regression play, she was completely unstoppable.

Second—I’m really sad to say it, but the axe has definitely fallen. This pacing, as has been noticed, is hella jarring. It’s fucking infuriating because the manga is actual gold; it’s creative, kinky in a thoughtful and meaningful way (as well as an exciting way) and so, so well-executed and wel-planned. And the publishing just took a shit on all that carefully-balanced pacing and spinning out of new ideas.

This is the thing that infuriates me about anime and manga. Anything that’s not safe, not already trodden ground, is just given so much shit. Japan in general has an issue with doing things that aren’t already 1000000% proven safe through long practice, and in the manga industry it chokes the spark of life out of all my favorite new works.

This was shaping up to be my favorite yuri manga of all time, I mean some real Flip Flappers-tier shit, and the thought that its potential was stripped away by some dead-eyed executive looking at a month-by-month sales chart makes my heart scream out in anguish.

last edited at Nov 28, 2020 2:30AM

Linterdiction
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

oh damn im intrigued.

ah also! https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/witch_and_apprentice_sister_ch01#9 / https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/witch_and_maid_chan_ch02#10 def the same world as their other work

Ah, nice catch!

One of these days we’ll notice a Mochi character in someone else’s work, and the Greater Yuri Expanded Universe will begin.

Linterdiction
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

I love that the tall beautiful lady is the more vulnerable one here. I forsee many lovely lovely feels in this manga, I’m quite excited.

Linterdiction
Image Comments 27 Nov 21:19
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018
Ej_emn4xyaqzwr5-orig

In this episode, Adora learns exactly where the tail connects.

Linterdiction
Image Comments 27 Nov 21:18
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018
85946849_p0

Rare blessed content from GreenTeaNeko. The power of the tee tee is great indeed.

last edited at Nov 27, 2020 9:18PM

Linterdiction
Image Comments 27 Nov 21:17
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018
83404002_p0

Hot damn.

I really like how you can see the sag in Gudako’s left eye.

But this is just really beautiful.

Linterdiction
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

So is my reading off, or is dark-haired girl actually somewhat earnest and wanting to get along, do things well, while light-haired girl has a ton of internalized misogyny and is projecting on her?

I’m not sure still exactly how to place these characters, or what we’re supposed to think of them.

Linterdiction
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

but FGO lets you be gay: consider that.

Duly noted. Though the dialogue still exhibits that weird tendency to assume that you're a straight guy- the girls are obviously head over heels for you, but many of the guys never get remotely as affectionate or romantic, lest your average, homophobic male consumer gets squicked out- a point that many straight female and gay male fans of the game resent.

I for sure feel for my gay bros here, that’s real. On the other hand, I felt it didn’t give you the hormonal straight boy experience the way, for example, CCC does—I think a lot of it is thanks to DW’s TL team, who are based as fuck. After the first few chapters, once they hit their stride, they do a great job of making you feel you are actually playing as a girl. It’s good.

The stuff with Mash, especially, has a certain sapphic tone to it all. Just in general, the player shipping stuff tends to lack that unpleasant hard edge, and fits right in the strike zone of my gay little heart—even though I do wish things didn’t revolve so much around the PC.

And we’ve got the subtle cute stuff like Okkie/Musashi, who keep showing up together in events or event art, have the same magatama necklace, and shippers in the writing/art crew, which is lovely.

Ahem. Anyway. It’s the most pleasantly I’ve been able to go into a space clearly primarily designed for straight dudes. I think it deserves some recognition.