Forum › Posts by UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

BWAHAHAHAHAHA........................

Good one! Really enjoyed this. It manages to capture that air of old friends getting together. Plus, drunken Mio.

Possible yuri science? 04 Jul 14:02
joined Sep 6, 2015

I mean fuck, the eggs contain and entire 46 chromosomes until sperm-egg fusion and one half of the egg's chromosome pairs leave.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA............... They just pack their bags and leave... No.

The egg cell has 23 chromosomes loooooooooooooooooooong before sperm-egg fusion... I mean, what the fuck, this is high school level knowledge. Perhaps you meant 'oocyte' (46 chromosomes), which is the cell that goes into the meiosis, the end result of which is the egg cell (23 chromosomes). Mature egg cell NEVER has the diploid chromosome structure, I mean, what the hell?? Same goes for the sperm cells. Spermatocyte (46 chromosomes) goes into meiosis, producing spermatid cells (23 chromosomes), which then mature into sperm cells.

Also, I am guessing that the creator of this thread was going for 'females that do not require males any longer for reproduction', in which case I ask: what is the point of this particular discovery? Because if you were driving at that, I highly doubt that those who would be interested in it would want to have their ovaries producing sperm. Better to just go with cloning, where you take the nucleus of a somatic cell and insert it into an egg cell from which its own nucleus was removed, induce the cell to start embryonic development, implant it into a uterus, and voila. While this is actually already a possibility, the development and actual implementation is stalled, since reproductive cloning is illegal in the developed world, if memory serves.

last edited at Jul 4, 2016 2:03PM

joined Sep 6, 2015

Came across this on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIGqpXZ3TyI

Written copy: http://en.rocketnews24.com/2016/06/20/japanese-government-hires-official-pirate-hunter-to-search-internet-for-illegal-anime-uploads/

While the article above does not mention manga, concentrating solely on anime, several other articles I found on the topic say "anime and manga" (example: http://www.ubergizmo.com/2016/06/japan-combat-anime-piracy-with-humans/), and it stands to reason it should be both, seeing they are part of the same copyrighted material. Any thoughts on this?

joined Sep 6, 2015

from 4chan /u/:
I just read the final chapter in Champion Red
Senpai is fated to die at 22 and Sayuri possesses the power to jump through time/dimension and has been looking for a way to save her
All the different stories before that were just different univers, the first page even show the world where they were both detectives and Senpai ends up being stabbed.

Sayuri realizes Senpai will live if they never met each other so she goes back to when she was a pre-schooler and manages to avoid meeting her.
They meet again at 27 when it's shown that Sayuri was stalking her since then making sure she was alive every day
Pic is the final page, Senpai seemingly remembers Sayuri's name

Sayuri decides that even if death would come again between them she would try to save Senpai forever and ever.
The end

Pretty dark ending in a way but somehow also fitting

Bloody hell, talk about a mood dissonance...

joined Sep 6, 2015

Medley, just updated her twitter. She's tweeting about their 8th anniversary coming up.

Oh shit

BWAHAHAHA...... (No idea why, but this reaction had me convulsing with laughter...)

Nice to see they are still together. Who knows, maybe we will get a continuation of the manga one day... a slice-of-life series, or something...

joined Sep 6, 2015

Interesting thread. jmv, I would suggest reading the first part of this story, if you have not done it already. While I do agree an age gap relationship where one party is rather young can be problematic from a variety of reasons, this particular piece manages to circumvent all of such instances.
Also, the "I just expressed my opinion and did not expect others to agree" is pure nonsense. You found this age gap to be creepy. Fine. Someone said they do not see it that way. Also fine. But then, instead of just saying it was your personal opinion, you went with legal standpoint. Legal. Standpoint. Followed by such lovely statements as: 16 years old is not mature to enter into a relationship with an adult. The adult should know better to not take advatage of the younger even though the younger is the instigator. (By the by, how is the younger one being taken advantage of, exactly, when she is the one doing the pursuing?) Those are statements. You did not say "my opinion is", you just stated these things as facts. Followed by: Imagine how the parents of girl feel abt the relationship, which is just an appeal to people's emotions, imagine-this, imagine-that, how-would-you-feel-if-you-were-a-parent. And then: well, everyone likes happy ending, & this is yuri. so I guess most people r okay with it, which is just a nice way of dismissing anyone who liked this, on the grounds "oh, it is yuri". But that was just not enough, so: it is legal but that doesnt mean it is moral, bringing morality into it when the legal standpoint failed (which again has me wondering if you ever read the first part, immorality is probably the one thing no one thought about when reading this story). some people tend to abide & live by a set of values, while other dont. Here, again, you were dismissive, even rudely so, with people who do not share your opinion. You did not say "I have values, they have different values". No. What you said sounds more like you having values, while they have none. Which is a negative thing to say about other people, since I am struggling to see how 'you have no values' could be construed as anything other than an insult. a high schooler = KID. But it is not just high school students, is it? You said "under 20", which also disqualifies quite a bit of the college population as well, since around half the college students are 18-20. You are free to set your own personal line wherever you want (provided all the usual legal and anti-pedophile principles are in order, of course, not saying any bottom line is acceptable), and that is perfectly fine, but I just wanted to say this was the first instance I saw someone dismissing college students on the grounds of age. 16 years old is not enough in any case when the other party is an adult. a high schooler = KID. does it normal to see a 40 years old man dating a 16 years old high school girl? See, I am again wondering if we read the same work. And this is the second time you are giving the "16 is not old enough, in any case". Combined with that pure addressed-to-yuri-fans-who-can-not-see-anything-wrong 'just imagine if it was a male doing it'. You are not stating your opinions. You are preaching. Since you started, discussions about the legal age of consent have replaced discussing the chapter itself. Not complaining, though, since I find these things to be fun, but there are better suited works for it than this particular manga, since basically nothing you said has any bearing on the actual work in question.

last edited at Jun 8, 2016 9:02AM

joined Sep 6, 2015

This is really nice, I like this continuation. Continuations in and of themselves are rather rare, so, double nice.
In the first part I guessed Machi is between the ages of 35 and 45, 41 is more or less in the middle of that window. I like how Machi briefly took the initiative here, since it was Andou who was normally in the lead. And they ultimately stayed together. Three years would suggest a rather stable relationship.
Also, Shou is such an easy-going character. Seems like nothing fazes him. 'Bad grades, nah, I will have them back up in no time, so no worries'. I also found amusing, in a positive manner, that he goes to ask his mother about Andou when she misses school.
All in all, I liked this a lot.

last edited at Jun 8, 2016 6:39AM

joined Sep 6, 2015

Thank you for the compliment, Faust. :)

joined Sep 6, 2015

I like how this age gap was handled. The younger party is the one who is pursuing, leading, while the older one looks confused and, ultimately, swept into it by the determination, and even some slyness on the part of the high school student. Such dynamics basically circumvent all the stereotypical issues with age gap relationships when one party is still rather young, like power dynamics, consent, and such. Not only is the adult here in no position of authority over the adolescent (like a teacher would be, for example), but the adolescent is actually the one doing all the romantic pursuing.
In fact, I like this particular approach to the point that Andou's slightly stalkerish (case in point, her seeking out Machi at her workplace, after the latter decided on ignoring Andou's messages as a course of action, and even going as far as intimately touching her; now, it is obvious Machi does not mind, but still, that is her workplace, and the two of them met previously a grand total of two times) and sly (when she managed to get Machi to stop her at the end, at least, my interpretation is that it was a calculated risk on Andou's part) actions do not seem reproachable.
All of this is then made even more appealing, at least for me, by the fact this piece manages to pull it off, while having quite a large age gap. Andou is 16, while Machi is a full adult through and through. Her marriage lasted for 17 years, and considering the minimal age required to marry in Japan is 16, she is 33,at minimum, and it stands to reason she did not get married immediately after turning 16, probably waiting until after high school, at the very least. So, she could be anywhere above 34, 35, and bellow 50 (because even with manga looks, I doubt she could be older than that, or even that old, to be honest; if I had to guess, I would go for the 35-45 window).

Also, I liked how Machi gave some early signs she could swing that way, so to speak, when she admired Andou's looks, in particular, her legs, after their meeting, concluding that the day was miserable, but she at least got to see something nice. Granted, it was a minor detail, that Machi in all probability did not think more seriously than as a passing comment, but still, it was neat. Added to that is the fact she did not angst in the slightest over Andou being a girl, but her main points of concern were the stability and longevity of a possible relationship between them, due to their difference in age, not the fact they are of the same gender.

I also wonder how much time passed between the entrance ceremony and Shou taking Andou home to see his mother. I first thought it was that same day, which made me slightly roll my eyes at the "love at first sight", but then I realised it could have been weeks, or even months later, which would be more believable. Initial infatuation that got to grow in the meantime, by Andou thinking and fantasizing about Machi.
I liked the son as well. That must be one of the most easy-going and supportive family members I ever saw in a yuri manga.

last edited at Jun 7, 2016 5:06AM

joined Sep 6, 2015

What the fuck...

Cousins discussion 31 May 11:50
joined Sep 6, 2015

After investigating a certain yuribait-and-switch manga (I won't say which one, to avoid causing people to make the mistake of seeking it out)

This is what i live for, make me miserable

My guess would be "I'm a Lesbian, She(?)'s a Demon". Just look at the last page of that thread here in the Forum, and it will all be clear. I could be wrong, but then again, I really, really hope there are not enough of such works out there for people to be wondering which one did the first poster mean exactly.

last edited at May 31, 2016 3:17PM

Image Comments 20 May 23:10
joined Sep 6, 2015
56421750_p2

Awww... cute. They will need a slightly bigger box this time, though.

that's a really thin phone...

BWAHAHAHAHAHA.......................................

last edited at May 20, 2016 11:10PM

joined Sep 6, 2015

You guys do realize that nobody in this discussion suggested removing anything from the site, right? But nice strawman, very well built.

Closest thing was a comment or two by Dofu about Japan, but y'all keep on arguin' against things that nobody's sayin'.

I am pretty sure we realise this point, yes. I was talking in general. As was pretty much everyone else, not even dofudofu suggested removing any content. Sometimes reading between the lines just reveals a blank space.

last edited at May 19, 2016 8:56PM

joined Sep 6, 2015

[...] What is the actual harm of those manga?

I guess mostly this:

[...] I get it makes some people uncomfortable, just as other people are uncomfortable with gory violence.

I.e.: "This makes me feel unconfortable, so I want it to disappear."

So, SJW-approach, then. Huzzah.

joined Sep 6, 2015

Honestly, I never thought about specifically searching for a loli + age gap. The only one I read was "Hoshikawa Ginza District 4", and I found it to be rather enjoyable, but I got to it because it was by Kurogane Ken, rather than looking for a loli story. Still, as I said, it was enjoyable, but then again, it was not really graphic, the social stigma was addressed, rather than just ignored, and it managed to convey both parties' sincere and serious feelings, without the younger one looking immature, or the older one looking manipulating.
Most cases, it is just not my cup of tea, if the child is depicted as an actual child, rather than mature-for-their-years, mentality-wise. Children are stupid, and I just can not take them as serious characters (and if they are paired with an adult, that becomes even more pronounced, in my opinion). That being said, I have nothing against it either.

it's already clear that there are limits to freedom of speech. You can't threaten to kill or assault someone, falsely yell "Fire!" in a crowded building, among other things that could cause potential harm. In particular, the US regulates how smoking can be advertised, and that it can't be intentionally advertised to children.

In particular, what does any of that have to do with lolis in manga? What is the actual harm of those manga?

"The new law does not include the banning of anime and manga that feature explicit scenes of children, after lawyers and publishers argued that censoring the materials would curb free speech."
Which is a diplomatic way of saying the manga and anime industry put a lot of money into lobbying against it.

Be that as it may, it would curb free speech.

I have no words...

well, actually i do have a few:

• lack of consent
  • unequal power dynamics
  • sexual manipulation
  • romanticizing criminal behavior

I have just one:

• fiction seriously, try it, you will be amazed at what you can find there ;)

last edited at May 19, 2016 7:50PM

joined Sep 6, 2015

Aww... Really sweet, as expected from this series. Even the toilet scene was strangely touching... Although, with all that hand holding, I am somewhat amazed neither of them got pregnant. Use gloves in the future!

Thank you for your hard work, Nevri! Congratulations! Nice name for a scanlation group, by the by.

last edited at May 6, 2016 1:16AM

WDTFS fans - off topic 04 May 18:31
joined Sep 6, 2015

I think CCL was just trying to point out that the word 'creepy' is decidedly a negative one. "Causing an unpleasant feeling of fear or unease". Hardly something you can be positive about, or consider a compliment, even a weird one.

last edited at May 4, 2016 6:34PM

joined Sep 6, 2015

Hi, not sure if I can post this here but I can find no other way to communicate with you members; could I speak privately with anyone from the webpage staff?as in a private message? thank you.

IRC is the only way to do that, since there is no PM system on the site. Go to that megaphone icon at the top of the screen, first one on the left next to 'Search'. There is almost always someone from the Staff in the channel.

joined Sep 6, 2015

I did not say you were, just that putting that black-on-white in the rules would be advisable. Not everyone is a native speaker, and some take things literally. "No suggesting/linking to mangafox" is better than "no linking to mangafox". And since the mention of the site will get deleted anyway, why not include a sentence to this effect in the rules?

joined Sep 6, 2015

Yes yes, we understand that people don't want to pay for manga, and it should be free and so forth. But please don't recommend or link to where you do it. Particularly if it's at Mangafox, Mangahere, or a clone of same.

Maybe putting that in the rules to begin with would be in order then, only directly linking is expressly mentioned there.

You mean like rule 8 in the rules, which has been there almost a year forbidding links to Mangafox, Mangahere, etc.?

The rules specifically forbid direct linking, but not the very mention of the site. Also, it was just one point on the list. And the user in question said they mostly buy the stuff anyway, so they were not promoting that site. But, you deleted both comments. My suggestion is for the rules be amended, to expressly say that even suggesting mangafox and similar is to be avoided. You do realise I am supporting this rule, right?

joined Sep 6, 2015

Yes yes, we understand that people don't want to pay for manga, and it should be free and so forth. But please don't recommend or link to where you do it. Particularly if it's at Mangafox, Mangahere, or a clone of same.

Maybe putting that in the rules to begin with would be in order then, only directly linking is expressly mentioned there.

last edited at Apr 10, 2016 7:37PM

uma musume anime PV 10 Apr 02:27
joined Sep 6, 2015

Awesome stuff! Also, seems like more than just subtext. Ah, Japan...

I have no words...
All I can think is "the hentai will be extreme"

+1

joined Sep 6, 2015

"U-um, I'm a guy..." Followed by her participating in a cross-dressing contest, despite not being a cross-dresser herself. Amazing how the author succeed in negating 40 chapters of characterisation in just a few panels. I mean, bloody hell, "I'm not cross-dressing. This is my true appearance" is literally one of the first thing she says, IN CHAPTER 1! And for what? Because some random characters were... what? Embarrassed by the girls' cuteness, or... I am honestly struggling to see why she said that. This makes no sense whatsoever. It actually looks like something the author put in there without thinking too much about it.

Image Comments 28 Mar 13:36
joined Sep 6, 2015
[kemoyuri]

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.............................
Was pretty funny in and of itself, but when I saw the incest tag, I started convulsing with laughter...

joined Sep 6, 2015

You are welcome! blushu