luinthoron
Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Excellent solution! ^_^

luinthoron
Slow Start discussion 13 Feb 11:56
Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Yes, I can see it on both the front page (oldest Feb 11 release) and on the Recently Added page (oldest Feb 12 addition, with a release date of Feb 11).

I can also see 5 additions on Feb 11 and 7 on Feb 12, or release date-wise on the front page 6 releases from Feb 11, so that 4 of yours is very strange...

last edited at Feb 13, 2019 12:00PM

luinthoron
Image Comments 13 Feb 07:01
Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018
72459359_p0

Could almost mistake this for Citrus fanart.

luinthoron
Slow Start discussion 13 Feb 05:11
Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

P.s How come when chapters for this appear they are not mentioned on the front page OR the recently added page?

What? It's right there on both...

luinthoron
Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

its touko's fault for not noticing sayaka in the first place.

I wouldn't say "not noticing". She even points out right in this chapter that she was aware of Sayaka's feelings, but chose not to think about them. It's not a question of noticing, but rather Touko not wanting to be with anyone who had any such feelings for her, leading her to choose Yuu who at that time seemed unable to ever do so.

luinthoron
Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

It has yuri (百合) in the post title at the very least.

luinthoron
Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Nezchan posted:

idk, I find that Nikaido being all lewd/thirsty is kind of a letdown, since up until now she's actually been her own brand of innocent. Maybe not oblibious-innocent like Todakoro-san, but not a horndog.

In my opinion, Nikaidou has been horny since ch 2. It's just that it became more explicit now that she can reach it.

Have to agree with you. It gets especially noticeable in the infirmary chapters.

luinthoron
Image Comments 09 Feb 05:06
Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018
Dxwsnoavsaas242-orig

Looks like senpai was taken by surpise tho. She's got a chance still

Assuming she was interested in the surprised senpai...

last edited at Feb 9, 2019 5:06AM

luinthoron
Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Tadokoro continues to be too adorable for words. ^_^

luinthoron
Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

by the way sakuraro read the entire library and learn the recipes out of boredom for waiting for kasumi

Are you really implying people can't actually enjoy reading or cooking for their loved ones?

just to be clear im not saying the manga is bad by any meas or that i have a problem with it, i just find weird and kind of lazy that the 3 year of high school pass in 40 chapters compared to stuff like yuru yuri that´s 100+ chapter and the girls are still in the same year (maybe im wrong it´s been a while since i read yuru yuri feel fre to correct)

Yuru Yuri isn't really a suitable series to compare with, being one of those where the time does not progress, as brilliantly lampshaded in-series by the repeated school trip. It could go on for hundreds of chapters more and we'd still be in the same year, as silly as that might seem.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Short but sweet.

What lesbian didn't dream of seducing "that cute girl, surely straight as a ruler so there's no hope"?

Straight? There's no way she's straight with that sort of look on her face!

luinthoron
Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I'm just imaging what will happen if this manga continues on to when Sakurako hits the legal drinking age and she gets drunk around Kasumi. Think she is bad now imagine when all inhibitions are removed.

The way she's been progressing so far, by that time it won't make any difference.

luinthoron
Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

One look at the volume 5 cover with the short-haired Sakurako and the fashionable long-haired Kasumi, and all that goes through my head is "When did this become a Morinaga Milk manga?"... :D

luinthoron
Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

It's a very solid number for today anime industry's standard. It's basically in the top 10% for its season & probably the whole year as well. Based on that number alone, S2 is highly likely. However, there are other factors to take into consideration. YagaKimi anime sold well but it's not exactly a huge hit or a merch magnet, & S2 is pretty much guaranteed to sell less than S1. In other words, it's not super profitable on its own. Because of that, manga sales boost is a big factor in determining a S2 in terms of profits (like a lot of adaptations nowadays). This brings us to the biggest hurdle against a S2 right now: the release schedule. Troyca and Makoto Kato (YagaKimi director) are gonna be busy with the new Fate project till the end of summer season, so they won't be available to work on YagaKimi till after that. So for a decent S2 to happen, the earliest it should come out is around Spring 2020 or even later. If the prediction of vol 8 being the last is correct, then by that time, the manga has long ended, which would mean there'll be less incentive to make a S2. There are definitely some anime projects/sequels that happen even after the manga has ended, recent example being Mob Psycho S2, but that tends to happen with bigger named titles with the rare cases of passion projects. YagaKimi is pretty mainstream for a yuri but it's still iffy to compare it to the battle shounen titles and all the classics that get that kind of treatment. So basically, you can only hope that the production committee loves it enough to fund a full adaptation at this point.

Well, there's also 3D Kanojo's 2nd season airing this season that should adapt second half of the manga (volumes 7-12, after the first season did 1-6), with the manga having finished almost two years before even the first season aired and selling nowhere near this well. I would not be too worried yet for this series to get a proper conclusion in anime form as well.

luinthoron
Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

The ducks are blatantly obvious. Duck #1, on page 9, is a “furniture” duck, part of the physical scene of the story. The ducks at the top of page 15 are “atmospheric” ducks—part of a calm sylvan scene where Touko thinks how she’s never been so calm when someone has confessed to her. The calm exterior scene mirrors Touko’s interior calm. You potentially could think of that as “symbolic,” but it’s really just parallelism. (If you start to doze on a quiet beach, the sounds of the waves aren’t “symbols” of your relaxation, they’re part of it.)

But then Touko notices the pair of ducks floating nearby, and their ducky skinship (beakship?) suddenly reminds her of her previous close relationship with Yuu. The connection is more associative than technically symbolic—person sees X, which reminds her of Y. Touko’s demeanor changes, which Sayaka notices, then we cut away from the scene.

Then the ducks reappear at the crucial moment, after Touko has announced her decision and just before Sayaka confirms that Yuu is the one Touko has chosen. Then as Sayaka reflects on what has happened, she sees a duck high in the sky, watches it land beside another duck, then sees them as a couple in the distance while she thinks “It didn’t end up being me.” Sayaka, razor-sharp as she is, most likely explicitly makes the connection between Touko’s previous reaction to the ducks and her relationship with Yuu. (I am very fond of Sayaka in this moment and sad for her, but am glad the ducks have found contentment).

This panel might as well have fucking neon signs saying, “This duck represents Touko,” and “This duck represents Yuu” and “This panel represents how Sayaka is a proud but sad fucking bunny rabbit.” (I just made up the part about the bunny rabbit.)

And then there's the historical significance of the ducks pointed out in Lyendith's earlier post in the middle of the spoilers. Whether we read too much into anything else in this chapter or not, the symbolism should be pretty clear in this case.

last edited at Feb 5, 2019 4:51AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Welcome Twistedlogic, nice avatar (nice girl) and yes, I just voted!! and also, is fine to ignore komi san or Dungeon meshi... Because they're 100% sure to get animated, but what hurts me is having only 1 vote and seeing that Virgin Empire is also there and A Kiss And A White Lily.... BUT I HAVE TO BE STRONG!!!

A lot of other great choices there as well, yes... But this being my current number two favorite manga after Yagate Kimi ni Naru, which I voted for the last time, I just had to go with this. Let's hope my luck is just as strong this year, then.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Besides I'm not quite sure as my Japanese skills are not so great (as well as English so please forgive me), but I've seen that the author tweeted lately that Hanigare was nominated to be animated and there's a voting for it, am I right? If so it would be great if we got an anime adaptation in the future. I wonder what kind of studio would be the most suiting for this manga.

Saw this on MyAnimeList's Facebook page a couple of days ago, yes.

AnimeJapan is once again holding their annual open poll for the manga you most want to see adapted into anime, which includes 100 options!
Comment your answer and why you voted for it below.

Vote Here: https://www.anime-japan.jp/main/ajranking/
Translated List of Manga: https://imgur.com/a/bYgz7Xm

And yes, I did vote for this series.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I don't particularly mind short chapters, but they should at least end at some logical point of sorts? This one just sorta ends nowhere.

Based on the naming of the download files, it seems to be less actual chapters and more just collections of single pages. Or, I guess, you could consider each page a chapter.

luinthoron
Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Cute. ^_^

luinthoron
Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Not so boyish with that hair. Clearly not a problem, though. :D

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

She actually made the poor guy cry... :D

luinthoron
Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Ah, how adorable! ^_^

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

"Koyuki came out!!"

Yeah, it really was about time. :D

luinthoron
Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

It was never a great manga, but at least the earlier parts were still a fun read. This arc has just been a pain to read. Don't really like to drop series either, though, and it hasn't gotten quite that bad yet.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

The title should be "A Straight(?) Girl Wanders Into a Lesbian Mixer"

I stand by my earlier assessment of

A Girl Who Used to Think She was Straight Learns Better at a Lesbian Mixer