Forum › Posts by luinthoron

luinthoron
Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

No tops or bottoms here, but a relationship of equals. ^_^

luinthoron
Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

[...]and then I realize these two have been married since they met.

Pretty much. The slow and gradual growth of their relationship means that it's pointless to look for a specific moment where it crossed the line from friends to lovers. The only one moment you can find that made a difference in their relationship really was the moment they met.

luinthoron
Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Well, this just came and destroyed any doubt in their relationship. It's so great to see them accept that it isn't really that necessary to put it into words, telling everyone who doubted their relationship that they both have been aware of each other's feelings and accepted them for a long, long time.

That kiss looked very much like a more or less normal thing for them by now as well.

luinthoron
Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Brilliant! Although, admittedly, one of the presents does give me flashbacks to Sabage-bu! :D

luinthoron
Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

And it ends with quite literally the title. Nice! ^_^

luinthoron
Image Comments 20 Mar 06:36
Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018
Dkorslvuwaajuas-orig

Dammit, BugDevil, now I'll hear Waku Waku Shequasar in my head every time I look at this...

luinthoron
Image Comments 20 Mar 06:31
Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018
66318796_p0

We need more of this.

luinthoron
Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

^Oh how I envy your innocence...

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Reejun posted:

I can't remember how Wife and Wife altered its "fufu"

It used ふ~ふ, hiragana and a ~ for its long vowel instead of う or a ー (normal straight long vowel mark).

but this is the base phrase with kanji: "未来の夫婦ですけど?" I believe.

It uses ふうふ, so hiragana, not kanji.

Since I was only going by how Wife and Wife title was translated and the romanji used here, I didn't even know fuufu is a actual word. I just thought it was a shortened version of repeated word "waifu" x3

Either way I wouldn't overanalyze it. It is obvious that word for "married couple" would use the kanji for husband and wife and they don't have word for gay married couple yet, so author just went with what they had. I doubt it is supposed to suggest that one of the characters will actually marry a guy in the future.

Ah, took me way too long to get around to this... While Wife and Wife was where I did first learn this word, I have to say the best take on it, especially relating to gay couples, comes from Hanayome wa Motodanshi.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Kanon confirms that love as an ingredient really works.

luinthoron
Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Clever girl.

luinthoron
Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Then "Grilfriends" may have a possibility

It's "Girl Friends"! Not "Girlfriends"! Goddamnit!

No.

Wouldn't mind that one either.

luinthoron
Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

...Unless it goes the comical route where her attempts to bully Tadokoro always backfire on her immediately with Tadokoro being completely unaware that anything is even happening.

She seemed to be aware this time, though, and there's also the past bullying to consider. So rather than this, the best case scenario in case of continued bullying would probably be getting caught by Nikaidou the first time she tries it again.

Still, even better if she keeps distance, yes. Or reconsiders her opinion of Tadokoro in light of how she's treated by Nikaidou and trying to become friends with the both as well.

luinthoron
Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

One may suspect Kirigaya is still alive only because Nikaidou didn't actually see her push Tadokoro.

luinthoron
Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

... it's actually Kasumi who first says something like this out loud (or possibly even here, if you want to take it this way).

But this stuff is the bread and butter of comedy manga and anime since, I don't know, roughly 1970. So some people say it's more meaningful here than the typical throwaway gag. Alright. But those who says it's just the same as always have just as much of a point.

Oh, it certainly is a common comedy element, I agree. Which is a big reason for why we overlook this, especially at the start of the series. Probably didn't even take her talk with Sakurako's mom too seriously, at least at first. But seeing them now acting still pretty much the same, but at the same time clearly not intent on separating ever, it's quite reasonable to at least suspect she may have been even just a little bit serious back then as well.

And I just realized it's not just the words... Kasumi is also the one to start clinging to Sakurako first, not the other way around, even if she may say it's for warmth. :D

But whether there's more to this or not at that point doesn't even really matter. It just shows that they have had this very comfortable relationship from the start and probably not even they can clearly say when exactly it became something more serious. It's clear on the first Valentine's Day that they don't see themselves as a couple yet, but it is the moment they notice they're not that different from one. In the end their current relationship is something that just naturally came to be over time, slowly growing during their time together. Often between chapters, as already the next month on White Day we see things escalate again.

last edited at Mar 15, 2019 3:14PM

luinthoron
Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Looking at the early chapters again, Sakurako being often very vocal and over the top about her attraction seems to overshadow everything else in our view of the series and their relationship. Sure, she was smitten from the first time she saw Kasumi, but while the first indication of any feelings on either side may have been her buying the couple mugs and thinking how it feels like being newlyweds, it's actually Kasumi who first says something like this out loud (or possibly even here, if you want to take it this way).

last edited at Mar 15, 2019 10:59AM

luinthoron
Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I just want to point out that Koruri and Moka have made more progress in their relationship in one chapter than Sakurako and Kasumi has made in almost 50... -_-'

I'd say sakurako and Kasumi are doing fine, Kasumi just doesn't show her love as openly as sakurako does, and dang does that girl need to let the world know of her love.

I have to agree. It was once again visible when they were discussing possibly moving after college and Kasumi had no objections, just leaving things to Sakurako. Pretty much an old married couple already.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Those lovely dovey things aren't gonna cut it actually i am thirsty for a revenge,I'm looking for a series or one shot where a guy getting netorared by a lesbian.

You're welcome.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Gee, there sure were an awful lot of non-gender-specific pronouns this chapter.

Last chapter as well, and I did consider the possibility of her having a girlfriend instead of a boyfriend for a bit, but considering her reaction to all the yuri in this world and insistence on "normal", it's most likely it still is a boy.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Just mostly copying my post from MAL:

Hmm... So she's basically dating her boyfriend in her original world simply as part of her obsession with normal, not due to her own feelings. Considering this and her dream about Kazumi, it's quite likely that she would indeed fit better in this world, while this world's version's inability to find a partner could change with boys entering the equation as well and lead to a much happier relationship between her and our Marika's boyfriend. Marika's original situation honestly feels like what could have been Yuu's future in Yagate Kimi ni Naru, had she accepted her middle school friend's confession, looking for a storybook romance with the opposite sex, not realizing where her heart would eventually find the real thing.

luinthoron
Image Comments 14 Mar 07:17
Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018
Lillie

I honestly couldn't care less about the full source, the look in Lillie's eyes says enough.

luinthoron
Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Nice parallels. :D

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

That's quite a greeting they got there. Not obsessed at all... :D

luinthoron
Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Looking for one where a girl dates a girl during school but she ends up getting pregnant and breaks up with her. Years down the line the girl encounters her ex with her kid who says shes divorced. Ends with them moving in together and one telling the other that she cant smoke in this house.

Spring Haze: The Path We Walk On

luinthoron
Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Suspected as much, but couldn't be entirely sure until Kazuki confirmed it. She did leave the revelation conveniently until after confirming that Hime still preferred her, though. :D