Forum › Posts by Lifecharacter

Lifecharacter
Image Comments 02 Mar 20:33
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013
4b33280f1e03357ab4354a596dec69dd

Yessss, it's the good Yomi! Never really liked the meek one very much.

Lifecharacter
Image Comments 30 Nov 14:48
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013
Bymcjascmaekago.jpg%20large

At least the bunny's honest.

Lifecharacter
Image Comments 16 Nov 15:56
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013
46497490_p0

I hope Madoka doesn't mind marrying into a family with a bunch of kids.

Lifecharacter
Image Comments 13 Nov 23:58
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013
0d85e9a49da80e31a03709144978c224

Is her chest supposed to be that big?

Lifecharacter
Image Comments 12 Nov 01:09
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

I didn't see it at first but yeah, there's some defiance of space going on here. Yui's hair looks like its resting on Azusa's head.

Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

Mugi has the best dreams.

Lifecharacter
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

The manga is super gay: Suzu is still in touch with Kouko,

Did I miss something? Since when?

Suzu mentions that the bomb she put on Haru was "A present from Kouko-chan."

Lifecharacter
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

LOOK AT SUMIREKO FLIRTING WITH BANBA IN THE BACKGROUND OH GOD I CAN'T TAKE THIS

"In the background" nothing, they're flirting's front and center.

Ah, if only they didn't decide to excise all the out-and-out yuri for the anime...

Lifecharacter
Image Comments 13 Oct 18:18
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013
Kagachang

I guess they were worried she'd grow up to be a snob, but she grew up adorable?

Lifecharacter
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

"They have to be boys?"
I'm so proud of you Chen.

Lifecharacter
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

Ahh, one of the adorable chapters starring Ayaka. So I guess the next one's going to be about Rwanda or something.

Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

It might just be me....but this new chapter...made no sense...Thought they broke up already. Not even sure what Fue is thinking at all. Was Asuna lying about being that way or what? Because it was a sudden change even though she said she'd always been like that. Are they planning on getting back together again in the future or is Fue moving on? Did Ruki and Sacchan do it? I don't fucking know. This chapter was just weird. None of it made sense.

They were pretty much broken up but Fue took issue with the way Asuna just accepted it and wanted to talk to her about it, and I'm pretty sure neither of them wanted to break up. They pretty much didn't have any personal closure on the way it happened before and this time they're more sure about it.

Lifecharacter
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

"Umi Anger Love Inferno"... sounds sexy.

Also love how Maki's too busy cuddling Niko to be terrified by Umi at the end.

Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

Yuri finally kicking in?

"Things just got yuri" indeed.

Lifecharacter
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

I think the long nails just prevent her from getting off.

Lifecharacter
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sakana_no_miru_yume_ch06#5

The second panel- i dont think the artist meant her took look like a psycho about to attack you with an axe here did they?

But she does- dosnt look like a cute natural smile at all but like she's insane lol.

I think that's supposed to be a look of dread and discomfort at having to pick out a scrunchy. Awkward smiles generally aren't very natural.

Lifecharacter
Image Comments 04 Aug 13:49
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013
Proposal__by_mylovelydevil-d7rt78r

Other than the ones you mentioned, most of the pairings haven't been much more than subtext, especially in the anime. I believe the only one explicitly shown to be gay is Otoya, and that only comes across because she gets sexual pleasure from going all Jack the Ripper on women.

Lifecharacter
Vespa discussion 04 Aug 02:08
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

TL:DR: Love DNAXX is stupid and sexist because it implies that patriarchy and male dominance is necessary for society to move forward and that femininity and feminine women are weak and worthless, while masculine women are freaks that exist solely to take the place of the man in a relationship and have no need to exist in a society with men in it.

While I don't think Love DNAXX was that great, did you actually read it? The main challenge of the story is that two girls can't be together because of arbitrary nonsense and there are numerous instances of characters lamenting the problems the system cause them. The ending even flat out says that the women who instituted the Adam/Eve system did it because they couldn't adjust to a world without men, right before saying that in a few years the system will be torn down because it's dumb.

The story pretty much agrees with you.

last edited at Aug 4, 2014 2:09AM

Lifecharacter
Image Comments 04 Aug 01:08
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013
Proposal__by_mylovelydevil-d7rt78r

The only question is if Banba's blushing because of the romantic gesture or because her girlfriend's pretty much naked... and is a sexy cyborg. Probably a bit of both.

last edited at Aug 4, 2014 1:08AM

Lifecharacter
Ayame 14 discussion 04 Aug 00:39
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

So it's a story about an eighth grader who wants to jump all her friends. Sounds fun!

Lifecharacter
Vespa discussion 02 Aug 21:07
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

I feel like the bomb drop of "the woman you love is going to be raped a lot" shouldn't be followed by a bunch of funny faces and comedy. Seriously, the latter parts of this chapter just whipped you from watching the Princess get assaulted to Koizuka freaking out in a way that at least seems like it's trying to be funny and then back again.

Lifecharacter
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

Did Bucap give birth to animal-eared, incestuous clones?

Lifecharacter
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

Besides everyone is overthinking this but even then is not the only explanation, who's to say that Meiling choose a man because she didn't wanted to hurt a woman?. Men are the expendable gender on media after all.

We're overthinking it by thinking about an apparently gay character having sex with a man for little actual reason, but you're not overthinking it by getting meta about men being expendable?

Yeah, you can try and think up as many reasons why she might have had to have sex with a man for some reason, but they don't really matter since her having sex with a man had pretty much nothing to do with the actual point of her emotional baggage. The point seemed to be that she once lost control of herself and killed someone, not that she had sex with someone, so the actual art seems pointless since it adds nothing.

Lifecharacter
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

If they wanted to show the "instincts" of a youkai, they could have shown, you know, murder and eating instead of sex. I mean, she talks about her stomach being empty, not some sexual need that she needs to sate with some random man.

Also a bit irritating that to show this nebulous "instinct" they show her having sex with a man. It either makes her bisexual for no other reason than that single panel/line (where you could thin that arm and change the wording and lose none of the meaning that's actually important), or saying that instincts translates to heterosexuality, even for gay people.

last edited at Jul 23, 2014 7:36PM

Lifecharacter
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

Well, at least Shiena got a little more detail before being taken out by the gayest assassin of them all.