Forum › Posts by Bielna

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

People who want healthy yuri are unsatisfied, people who like creepy Manio vibes are getting edged, this manga might truly have no audience

i feel like this is one of those stories where reading it as it comes out is harder than reading through it all at once. it makes you sit with the suspense for longer

While I can't say for sure where the story is going, it seems kinda obvious (especially in this chapter, but the previous ones hinted it as well) that this is in large parts a character drama. Ami's behavior is too "clearly bad" to have no reason to exist given that this is fiction, and too distant from Rei to appeal to readers who just want a toxic relationship (there is that, of course, but it isn't the main focus).

You have to read this with curiosity towards why Ami acts the way she does, and wonder why Rei fell for her and how she will react as her eyes get open. Otherwise, there is no point in reading this.

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

It was cute and... kinda uncomfortable. I don't know what's up with Ami, but I bet it's nothing good.

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

and yet again the VILLIAN that was like “I’m gonna kill you” GOT NO PUNISHMENT!!! WTF???

So jarring. She had lost faith in humans... so her scheming, using hostages, multiple attempted murder, abuse of power and attacking the rest of the committee members she gets forgiven and forgotten in the span of two minutes ? What ?

I get that punishment isn't exactly the lightweight ending this story was going for, but it swung way too far towards the other extreme. Just a small tidbit with Luluel and especially Pael taking over the committee, firing the current members and finally changing things for the best would have been more satisfying in terms of giving reparation to Kirara and Ariel (and would give a conclusion for Pael as a bonus).

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with the ending on the MC's side, living together, having sex and getting married. But just a couple pages regarding the side characters and wrapping up the events that were part of the story would have made the ending more satisfying.

They look very pretty in their wedding dresses, though.

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

I'm in awe, the combination of scheming of honest romance and feelings in those recent chapters is just incredible. Youyan is clearly acting manipulative but in such a pure way, and transparent to those involved after the fact, that I can't even slightly fault her for that.

Came for movie star drama yuri, stayed for 4D chess social engineering yuri.

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

Dang. I'm used to ships, especially side couples, not happening, but the way it's done here feels like a taunt towards the shippers.

Still a better ship sinking than Amanchu.

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

EDIT: I really hate it when the story is a side chapter centered on the mom(s) of the main character(s). It just makes me feel the main story is just history repeating itself, and the daughter(s) relationship is doomed.

First, I don't think it's the case (it has happened, but not commonly). But also, there is some hope that the moms' relationship isn't doomed. As long as one is alive after the time of LGBT oppression is over (as is the case of those characters), they can go back to what was taken from them.

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022
Nekotarou0721-1738695983293452658-img1

A lot of fans wanted "poly" as in "both Diana and Lapis end up with Natori", so, a harem (technically poly but a very special... and fetishized kind). But newer development between Diana and Lapis did make actual triad poly ending a possibility. Either ways, it's always worth digging a bit deeper what someone means when you hear about poly development in manga.

On that topic, we have this picture and the one with Lapis and Natori, now we need one with all three of them. Hoping with Lapis in the center.

last edited at Dec 29, 2023 11:11AM

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022
Ellie5756_milky-1738532907814433208-img1

How to help a Bocchi survive the introvert's hell that is Christmas, by Kita.

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

Seems funny, I don't know where this story is going but it's not one of the usual setup territory, so it could go in a number of directions.

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

I hate this topic but I love how it was addressed. Forced apart by prejudice despite being in love and then had to "fit" by getting husbands - it's such a stupid, infuriating thing. But the thing is, Mira addresses it by showing that society was wrong to force them apart, putting the emphasis on the hurt, regrets and loss of opportunity it caused them, and with a light of hope that they can still get back what was stolen from them and get back together.

In the topic of a girl who had a girlfriend, but had to breakup with her to marry some guy, this chapter comes in for me as the reference "good" representation (not in the sense that it can be a good thing, but in the sense that it is a bad thing and shown as such). I contrast it with The Sheep Princess in Wolf's Clothing as the "bad" representation (where the arranged hetero marriage is justified as "but the guy was nice and they're content, so that marriage was completely fine and they don't have any regret whatsoever").

last edited at Dec 29, 2023 10:45AM

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

Super nice and funny characters, and very gay, though I'm not so keen on Lisette falling for Lilah like that. It doesn't have the Harem tag so we'll see.

last edited at Dec 23, 2023 10:45AM

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

I really don't like the position Shiho currently is in this relationship. It does makes sense for Aki to not have romantic feelings for her yet, so I can't complain about that, but I don't think anyone deserves to be with someone in the hope that maybe one day their love will be repaid.

I think it kinda works because Aki truly is trying to view Shiho romantically, which would be good for both of them. It's a very down-to-earth approach of building a romantic relationship, rather than the common manga versions of love at first sight and/or romance just happens.

The current situation is not ideal (in the literal sense of the term), but with Shiho unable to give up her feelings for Aki, and Aki who doesn't want to be apart from Shiho (both things that have been present in the story since long before their arc), their choice to meet in the middle makes sense, with Shiho accepting to wait and stay with Aki patiently despite her feelings not getting returned so that they can truly be together later, while Aki gets to be with Shiho but tries to get used to more a more romantic relationship.

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

Now that your true colors... of a caring, supportive maiden in love and reliable fiancée... have finally bled through, I will drag your foul nature out in the open, witch.

I have no idea why he hates Evris, though he did have a son with a darkness magic affinity, maybe it's related.

I'm curious whether it will end in a "I was wrong, welcome to the family" type of resolution, or a "I wasn't wroooong" while falling in a bottomless hole one.

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

That was a surprisingly smart move. Since this won't discourage Yu Dingdang, I'm curious what she will do now that she has an "explanation".

Ming Wei's eyes look so dead in the presence of the empress dowager, oof. Who's a lot more evil that she looked at first mostly because she doesn't recognize that the current pairings are best.

P.S.: that blush from the "emperor" is adorable. One more victory for her wife.

last edited at Dec 18, 2023 7:48AM

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

Is that a new cover ? It's criminally cute.

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

Well, future mother-in-law definitely gives a lot of mad scientist vibes. Either way, mad or not, that's good science.

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

It's long gone beyond the superficial crush she had, there's some real commitment on her mind. And Mitsuki finally starts getting that into her head.

I guess it is somewhat funny that we went from a crush from shared interest to aiming for true commitment and just skipped the "getting together" part between the two. But it also shows that they both are looking into a possible relationship and how it writes into the other parts of their lives, making efforts to make things work from the get-go (with Joe and Kanna being examples of why figuring those things out matters).

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

Don't tell me it's going to be foursome thing...

Unlikely, I'm counting six women.

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

Ah, yes, Rutou caught on Wamura's dastardly plan to be called by her first name... and counter-attacked with a little sister act. Truly, a battle of the minds for the ages.

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

If it wasn't for the fact that it came as such a surprise, Miho and Seo turning into psychopaths and watching Satsuki from afar in a kind of battle between villains would be quite exciting.

I mean, this looks awesome.

img

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

I don't think it should even seem remotely tolerable at all. Making the guy this completely disgusting conveys the message that what is expected of Ciel is completely disgusting.

If things had gone otherwise and someone reading it arrives at the conclusion "it's not as bad as if the guy was disgusting", that would have been a failure from both the author and the reader. It doesn't matter that the guy is nice or not, she should equally not be required to go through this.

Arguably the guy could be less cartoonishly evil (the MagiRevo example of handling this situation comes to mind), but I don't think it would make a meaningful difference, because this isn't cartoonish enough to be unrealistic.

Bielna
Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

If the line "Like we'd ever fight" turns out to be a jinx, that might not be a bad thing. Kase's behavior has been calling for a fight for a while and she's taking many things for granted, while Yamada's consistent refusal to voice her thoughts is also a source of problems. So them fighting for those things once and for all and setting things right might be a good way to clean things up.

This arc was a good example. The issue isn't "just" with Kase and Fukami' behavior, it's how everyone accepted and normalized their actions and didn't take a step back, look at things in a new light, then go talk to them and tell them their actions aren't right.

Of course, the alternative is to pretend the drama didn't happen, Kase and Yamada would never fight, and they'll live together and everything will be fluffy in the future. I'm not gonna pretend I would mind that.

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

So that makes both daughters who have left the house and are living on their own (or rather, with their girlfriends) for good, thus giving the middle finger to their toxic parents. Excellent.

Bielna
Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

I understand much better now what you and I are feeling.

X Doubt

I think Matataki understands better than Yuu.

Bielna
Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

Fukami, realizing that Kase was willing to bet her moving in with her girlfriend on their race, realizes that she dodged a bullet. She'll find someone else.

Or something. Not much self-reflection over the events of this arc, at least Kase telling someone that Yamada is her girlfriend is a nice step. Now she'd better be extra cute and caring to reward Yamada's patience >:-)