elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Piethepiegod-1515934686341734400-img1

lol - joke or airhead?

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Damn, I knew it was ending soon.. Its a shame, nearly ALL the long running series i've been following have ended now- this is one of the last.

@NeoCervantes Your loss. You know how many amazing stories out there are not even slightly yuri? A shame you will never read them.. And then there's ones like this that is totally full of the love between 2 girls- and just because it isn't portrayed in a specific way, you dismiss it.. Even if it doesn't end yuri- (which it seems like it will) their relationship has been fantastic to follow. Because I like yuri, I also very much enjoy stories that feature girls only or mostly even when they have no romantic elements. Im amazed someone who says they like yuri does NOT seem to enjoy stories about girls without het romance- i'd think that a fundemental requirement to also enjoying when it is romantic.

There IS no strength envolved. You are looking to stories like this and miss sunflower etc totally wrong. You are treating them all as yuri stories where you have to wait 10 years for the payout- instead of just stories about a group of girls and their relationships and lives. (with a posibility of yuri occuring but it not being the point of the story).. in exactly the same way you presumably enjoyed Nanoha.

Some series like this (even setting aside its actual yuri secondary relationships) Has far more meaningful relationships between girls than many actual yuri where they have sex within a few chapters but are otherwise quite shallow.

You are going to miss a ton of amazing yuri adjacent content - and the fault will be with you and how you have chose to view them not the stories themselves.

I know its not my place to tell you how or what to enjoy- but you DID come into the thread for this story- a place full of it's fans and slag it off. I feel Im entitled to this much- but I won't drag it out further.

last edited at Jul 16, 2023 2:42PM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Choro_at_honey_109712967_p0

Got any thoughts on that Reimu lol?

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Sig_guitar-1677256451545518080-img1

Lol at princess carry! Is that tag a joke lol?

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

p.s Does Alice count as a yokai? I know she isnt human but the people in makai were devils i think- does that count as a type of yokai? And her mom was the godess so maybe she isnt a devil either - or half devil half god? who knows..

Yes, magicians who perform life extending rituals become youkai. Abandoning part of your humanity is viewed as a negative thing. Thus they are viewed as some form of evil.

Has it ever been stated Alice performed those life extending rituals? If she was created as a devil by her godess mom she wouldnt NEED to do such rituals - devils probably live as long as yokai.
Also- she didnt GIVE UP any humanity even if she did cast them because she never WAS a human.

I never got the impression she had cast them anyway or needed to- she is always portrayed as being very young- probably the same age as marisa and reimu- and also not advanced enough as a new witch to cast that sort of spell.

And if she was never human anyway she wouldnt even need to.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

That was both cute and hot!
That said, I dont think they need a game as an excuse- if either suggested they spend some time kissing im sure the other would be fine with that lol.

Also- lol at the credit page.
Im not sure we will ever see those 2 progress to a legit relationship or sex.

last edited at Jul 14, 2023 10:00AM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Very cute lol. I love the alice/marisa pair as an idiot couple.

p.s I dont think alice is bothered about the chair- marisa only has socks on for one thing. I think she cares about/is embaressed about it being improper - i.e you can see up marisa's dress!

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Even without yuri a good touhou like this is a lot of fun :)
Wish there was still as much touhou being done as their used to be.

p.s Does Alice count as a yokai? I know she isnt human but the people in makai were devils i think- does that count as a type of yokai? And her mom was the godess so maybe she isnt a devil either - or half devil half god?
But i know not all supernatural beings can also be called yokai- like ogres and ghosts and fairies etc..Do tengu class as yokai? not sure..

last edited at Jul 14, 2023 8:57AM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Jjjokerrr233-1678046468077391872-img1

^Thats cool then, that the series to go that direction was also yuri. It seems a shame tho, i'd think i;d be more invested in the series's if they had more relationship stuff- but i guess most of its fans just wanna see mecha fight - and that never interested me - so i guess im just not the correct demographic for it.

last edited at Jul 13, 2023 8:47PM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^Gundam shows can't have weddings and kissing? Or just not yuri weddings and kissing?

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I heard they didnt actually show them marry tho? Do they ever on screen kiss?

Im not really a mech fan but considering watching this one for the yuri.

last edited at Jul 13, 2023 9:53AM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Starchabo-1677948401521135616-img1

^It mighta been an unintentional consequence here of trying to let the bruises stand out.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
99242346_p3

^I didnt think the papers might be ones she was grading.. But they also could be her test papers if she was a student- but like I said why is she taking them back to school in that case? And ive just noticed her top is NOT the sailor uniform top- and the skirt isnt pleated - so I think you are correct, she is probably still a teacher here.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
99242346_p3

Given the uiforms and setting im guessing this is AU - and Byleth looks like she is a student too?
I wonder if she is already El's girlfriend here? and is this El trying to get herself and her gf to school on time?

Or are they coming home from school? You'd clear your test papers out your bag not take them back to school the next day.. No ignore that lol- the fried egg on toast says they are running late for school.

p.s Im too impressed with Byleths exam results lol- theres a 53 and a 31 there!

p.p.s I love how both their stockings give enough of their OC looks that even with sailor unifroms they look like themselves.

last edited at Jul 4, 2023 8:00PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Im sure they did more than flirt all night lol.
And I think its funny How much Hana tops Chiaki. She should just make it clearer to her what her position is lol.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Not bad :) We had an especially close Buck moon last night- wonder if thats why this was posted?

A few points tho- A) no dark site like the park thats used/famous for stargazing is gonna have a massive floodlit carpark- it would defeat the point and ruin the viewing for miles around.

B) the artist needs to practice their hands.

last edited at Jul 4, 2023 9:27AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

First time ive read this one..
So I dont think the prank wasnt a prank like some suggest- she was alive the next day- and no way they'd say 'prank' if it was about to happen really that day or the next.. That would be too cruel.

But I DO think it had a serious side and was arranged by Remi and Sakuya - in most part, to help prepare Meiling for that future event - however far off it was. Probably decades..

The last page tho, clearly IS after her passing and I guess Meiling has found out from the Yama Sakuya was reborn in the human world - and the current shrine maiden let her cross. I think its far enough in the future to not be Reimu since Meiling didnt name her, but instead said 'shrine maiden'.

last edited at Jul 4, 2023 4:40AM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Tenchi_mayo-1673921784746479618-img1

lovely painting work!

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

How would she have a clue that fan letter was from her if she had a different surname lol?
Also i doubt idols keep more than a tiny fraction of their fan mail- a few of the nicest that their mangers clear for them..

She recognized her face. Sis used to go to all their concerts in person.

And she saw her first name when she got her number

Yes she was a super faqn even the idol recognised as a big fan from seeing her around a lot- but she did NOT know her name right? Its not like they hung out - she'd have said if she had known her name.

And as for seeing her name when she got her number - that is just the first name- she has a different surname- is her first name so super rare she'd only have 1 fan with that name? Also like i said no way an idol has kept or knowns the content of like 99% of their fan mails lol.

last edited at Jun 21, 2023 2:51PM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

How would she have a clue that fan letter was from her if she had a different surname lol?
Also i doubt idols keep more than a tiny fraction of their fan mail- a few of the nicest that their mangers clear for them..

last edited at Jun 21, 2023 5:40AM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^I think either, given so many couples, once they focus / get into writing a few couples and wanting to advance them, others have to get put on the back burner.. OR - perhaps they do polls and stuff, and maybe if nobody seems interested much in chapters about certain pairings, the author just kinda lets them drop as not really worth persuing for their readers?

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
106522134_p0

^ofcourse not- it would be better if it carried on past it!
I more meant let this happen BEFORE it ends :)
Let it end with this state existing between our 2 leads (marriage or gfs)

last edited at Jun 21, 2023 2:19AM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Wow- very nice :)

Can we get some other couples to this level too now, please ?

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
106522134_p0

Please let the manga end like this!

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Hirahatamokutan-1668215276796776448-img1

^Yeah tbh without the tags i'd have no idea who they were meant to be.