Forum › Posts by Laminatestasis

Laminatestasis
Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

Came here cause of Anime adaptation announcement, leaving with new series excitedly looking forward to, this was a lot of fun and just the right amount of drama.

Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

This is like a weird alternate telling and feels honestly more clumsy than even the anime

Oh for me it feels quite the opposite. I find this to feel far better put together than the anime was

I feel this too. The anime was a lot of fun, but it felt like it lacked a lot of depth and chance to flesh out the characters since it was condensed into 12 episodes. This feels like it's taking it's time and I'm here for it.

Laminatestasis
Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

Hoo-boy, my heart is not ready. I am really excited to see how this all wraps up, but it's gonna be weird having a sunflower sized hole missing in my reading line-up.

Go for it Matsuri!

Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

When your friend is having a full on breakdown so you call her a pain and hang up, great job Shimamura.

I mean, she's shown time and again she isn't capable of dealing with these sorts of things. Shimamura is acting very much like Shimamura here. Even if it's likely the literal worst thing she could've done.

Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

I think the intense range of comments people have had on this from "God I hate Adachi" to "This poor girl needs counseling" shows how effective this did at conveying this breakdown. This was so well done, just like the rest of this manga. The characterization of these two had never faltered, even when that's been crazy painful.

Laminatestasis
Hanabi discussion 25 Sep 21:54
Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

So many dangling threads. Hope we get more of this some day.

Laminatestasis
Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

Considering I loved the Author's other work "Hero-san and former General-san". I'm looking forward to reading this one too!

I thought this had the tinge of something familiar. I adored Hero-san and Former General-san and I was already really liking this..can't wait for more :3

Laminatestasis
Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

My god, Tanya is pure sunshine. Even Rehm has been swayed by her unending kindness. I simply adore her.

Laminatestasis
Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

It is a crime that there are 33 chapters of this and only 4 pages of comments at this point. The emotional depth of this story is so high, and it tackles some very difficult subjects in very healthy and realistic ways.

Edit: Hey look, I bumped it to 5!

last edited at Sep 23, 2022 6:25PM

Laminatestasis
Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

Holy shit what a way to kick off Volume 5. I'm consistently amazed at how good this is. The characters are all so real and the emotions so raw. I'm preparing myself for a tragic ending even while hoping there won't be.

Laminatestasis
Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

Wait wait wait! I'm confused.
Did she say she's going to make the big decision tomorrow?
Or did she say: "I have decided! Let's start going out from tomorrow on!"

It's worded kinda poorly, but I took it to mean like "Go hang out" with me tomorrow, like she's give her an answer then.

Also this manga is like a fever dream. I know I've read it all, but only pieces of it stick in my head and it feels like it jumps all over the place in terms of the characters relationship to one another. I just can't pin it down at all.

last edited at Sep 16, 2022 7:21PM

Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

ngl evil Yvonne is kinda hot, I'd like to see an art of 2 Yvonnes sandwiching Elsa

I feel like the internet has had to have done this somewhere for you, no? That seems like a freebie.

Laminatestasis
Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

This almost certainly wasnt the authors intent but Xiaoen feels very nuerodivergent to me, I think its cool even if its unintentional

I think it's already fair to say Xiaoen isn't neurotypical.

Maybe it's cause I'm old, but the current obsession with labeling everyone to death turns me off. She is who she is. Can't someone just be a little unique without getting categorized?

I think that a lot of times, we try to find people who we can see ourselves in. There isn't a lot of confirmed Neurodivergent characters, though there are a lot of "quirky" characters that exhibit neurodiverse habits, so as a Neurodivergent person myself it's easy to say "this person is like me" cause often authors won't say that.

That being said I also understand the desire to let characters just be themselves, so I see both sides. I want more people like me in stories, but I don't need it to be laid out every time. Headcannon can play that for me plenty well.

Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

Cute! There is a lot of potential hinted at with their pasta, but just kinda focusing on on the moments worked out really well. Fun one shot I wouldn't mind seeing more of.

Laminatestasis
Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

I'm seriously in love with this art and I want to marry just the art itself... How can you NOT love this last panel and this amazing art? Like this here took my breath away on how adorable and amazing this looked at the same time....

God this panel is so good. All of it is. Someone needs to add the height gap tag to this ASAP.

I know I said she was lazy but actually she seems like a real go-getter lol

She's on a timer, we've got two months. Can't just sit around pining.

last edited at Sep 1, 2022 7:04AM

Laminatestasis
Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

this is going in directions I really didn't expect.

In the opening chapters, Asako was kinda the protagonist. Her being gay was established, and her liking girls like Miss Landlord was established. I was SO certain this story was gonna go in the direction of her falling and us having to watch them slowly fall for each other

But no, instead she seems strangely more platonic while the LANDLORD is head over heels for her. Kinda cute.

Agreed, for a mostly fluffy romance story, it's actually genuinely surprised me at times. I just started reading this series like last week looking for new ones to keep up on, so glad I got here just in time to wait for the drama T_T

Laminatestasis
Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

Oh wow. This art took my breath away, I'm so excited for more or this.

Laminatestasis
Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

I love how in the end Ichigo just gave up on questioning the situation and went straight to handing out headpats instead, she's learning.

This exactly. Looking forward to the day this gets the idiot couple tag!

Laminatestasis
Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

Please, please, please don't let the backstory take too many chapters. I need to see Satsuki. Need to see her recover from this. T.T

Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

It'd woulnt surprise me honestly, people like this usually are lacking in common sense, what actually surprise me is the fact that they bother to read till this point usually they leave after the first 5 chapter after the mods warn them about being weirdos

There was another person who just deleted their account because they didn’t want to be associated with a place where so many people “defended pedophilia.” The idea that reading about behavior constitutes an endorsement of that behavior in real life strikes me personally as totally bizarre, as if mystery or horror readers are all a bunch of would-be serial killers. I really do not get it.

And in the case of this series, all we see are the MC’s consistent and strenuous efforts to not do anything inappropriate, no matter what awkward situations the author puts her in.

I think this point is deeply poignant about reading something doesn't mean condoning it in any way. Do I believe Teacher/Student relationships are good? Nope, but enjoyed "I want to spoil Yoroizuka-san". Do I think I'll ever participate in bdsm? Most likely not, but "Bondage Play" was a fascinating read. Do I find the concept of dehumanization as a "fetish" compelling in my life? No, but "Her Pet" was really engaging.

But the same is true for people that commit murders, do psychedelics, etc in stories. I have no interest in those things in real life, but I can find stories about them engaging and entertaining. And not everyone is ok with every subject and that's fine. That's what trigger warnings and content tags are for.

Just real strange to see people pop in to act high and mighty without reading a story like this which actively engages with the concept of "oh shit the person I thought was cute is a minor" in a way that is well written for the most part and actively works to recognize why pursuing that relationship would be wrong.

Laminatestasis
Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

A lot of people here calling for Satsuki to physically harm/main/kill the prez/vice prez, but this would require a pretty big ooc moment for her. She's pushed herself to the limit time and again for good and bad people because of how much she values life.
The most I think she'd be capable of is not mentioning finding his premonitory corpse, but considering he has the same power I just don't see that happening. We'll see how/if the author decides to give him his just desserts but I really don't think it's going to be Satsuki breaking the one driving moral code she's displayed through 50+ chapters at this point.

Laminatestasis
Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

I mean, I knew eventually she had to fail. We had to see what happened. But fuck if that wasn't awful.

Laminatestasis
Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

I read this story last year and now I'm rereading it again. I can't really put it into words but there was always something about this story that had me wanting to read more and more. But no matter how much I enjoy the Beginning-Middle of the story the End ALWAYS irks me. My reaction compared to last year is a bit more tame but I can't get over the fact that some of they guys were forgiven so easily. It didn't make sense to me then and it still doesn't make that much sense now
.... everyone's happy tho- ig ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I see what the Author was trying to do. The story to me feels like it's wanting to discuss how the concept of masculinity itself affects everyone and tears down not only the women it mistreats but the men who are forced to act a certain way to be accepted into society.

That being said I think the ending falls flat because everyone gets forgiven, and I don't think everyone should've been let off the hook so easily. Reiko and her partner makes some sense as he actively avoided harming her, so it at least wasn't as abusive a relationship (though obviously power dynamics fuck this up quite a bit, but if we're trying to accept the story the author wants to tell it's the one I can forgive the most) but for me the biggest blunder is Koharu's story.

There was never anything there but a use and control and it still sits so wrong with me that she sought him out. It makes no sense with her development as a character (not to mention she basically got turned into eye candy after awhile anyway as the other characters got developed).

All in all, I think it's a message worth discussing (Toxic masculinity ruins everyone it touches regardless of gender) but the ending didn't resolve everything in a very satisfactory way and just felt like it tried to wrap things up in a neat now, which doesn't really fit this topic.

Also I won't touch the "Let's let the old men that caused all this pain pass away happily and face no repercussions" with a 40 foot pole.

Laminatestasis
Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

Different levels of desire would be fine in a relationship that is just starting out. That's something you figure out at the beginning. And even if we account for their relationship being kind of nebulous on terms and exactly what they want out of it, 9 years is a long time to go without figuring that stuff out. Like, Sakurako has made a number of references to wanting actual sex from Kasumi.

Yeah but Sakurako sacrificing what she wants for others is a pretty established aspect of her character at this point as well. She's tried to make passes for sure, but Kasumi has never been receptive so she didn't push it. That falls well within her character of being willing to do anything for others and in particular Kasumi.

It may not be perfect, but I also see where the other poster was coming from about the explicit understanding Sakurako thought they had between them being kind of broken making her start to worry.