Forum › Posts by commentator

commentator
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

Well, I think IRL it'd be bizarre for things to progress so quickly - or at least in a long term relationship that lasts, but I don't think entering into a relationship is the main story of the manga, but the whole career conflict feelings of the MC (dating someone succeeding in something you quit for mysterious reasons is probably going to be a source of angst, but hopefully growth too). I'm interested in seeing where this goes.

You really think this is bizarrely fast? I think this pace is fairly normal. They spent several weeks or months getting to know each other before their first kiss, so if anything they're going kinda slowly for college students (from what I remember), but that's probably due to the inexplicable absence of alcohol.

I do agree that this isn't a typical romance manga. There's a point to all this that goes beyond the standard, "when will they get together" drama.

That's about how I feel about it. They did take a reasonable amount of time to fall in love and get together, but that's not the point of this story so some readers might feel like it happened quickly because it wasn't drawn out. This story looks like it's supposed to be about them finding things out about each other now that they're together and the main one's reconciliation with her past now that she has realized she still wants to be involved in theater.

commentator
Renjoh discussion 11 May 21:50
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

She gave him oral and he returned the favor? So she's a virgin in the traditional sense but she's actually been eaten out and fingered? She doesn't correct Ren and only says that it was different.

I need more from this couple. I want Ren to appreciate emotional intimacy while Hime gets comfortable with sex - if she wants to have sex that is.

I wonder if he ever got to "return the favor" though? I don't remember seeing anywhere where it explicitly said that, only that she gave him oral. Like you said, she might not even want to have sex so she might not have accepted anything from the brother/ex and only given him head in order to placate him when he was being insistent.

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/maho_and_chovy_are_still_not_dating_3#11

Whoah, Nishizumi-mama is STACKED!

lol Megumi being completely pissed is great

... Who?

Apparently she's from der film? https://gup.fandom.com/wiki/Megumi
I'm going to guess "completely pissed" is supposed to mean she's the one passed out drunk in the birthday photo, but I can't really tell.

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

lesbians aside I've always found something kinda disturbing about the whole "morals committee" thing. recruiting kids to actively hunt down and squash other kids' attempts to express their individuality, for little more than a feeling of superiority over their peers? feels kinda, well, dystopian, yeah?

Personally, I think indoctrinating children by making them recite a pledge of allegiance every single day is way, way more dystopian than enforcing order and discipline in a school, but you do you.

The pledge of allegiance stuff is so incredibly creepy and cultish that, as a kid, I thought it was a parody/not meant literally, because surely, in the country of ~freedom~ the movies always praised, such a thing could never happen.

Ah, childish naivity.

In my case the pledge was just a bunch of words we were told to say to a flag every morning. Sometimes I would even forget the lines. The last time I remember even doing it in school was the 3rd grade and at that time I didn't even know what half the words meant. Like, how many little kids know what "allegiance" or "republic" means?

commentator
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

Fun fact about the first book "Also Sprach Zarathustra":
There's a musical piece named after it, and many people will recognize the opening fanfare. You can listen to it on the wikipedia page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Also_sprach_Zarathustra
(or this video of an actual performance rather than a midi file: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Szdziw4tI9o )

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

I didn't notice the first time that the bully leader cuts herself (at least it looks like some kind of self harm)? She's waving that arm around when she's introduced, but then at the end it's wrapped up. Something something character development maybe. I'm not particularly good at literary analysis.

edit: or maybe it's from the handcuffs and it's wrapped up later because it's fresh

last edited at Apr 14, 2020 6:15PM

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

I'm kinda surprised there isn't a lots of handholding tag

commentator
Syou discussion 25 Mar 00:00
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

Oh I just found out about the paperback (because I saw the preorder for it in the featured section of rightstufanime). Looks like the release date is 7-31-2020

commentator
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

There have been more updates lately, just haven't been uploaded here for whatever reason.

Judging from the comments I saw on mangadex (since i read those first and haven't actually gotten to the chapters yet) a different group/person decided to pick up translation and the quality is not the same level?
I saw comments about them missing jokes, generally poor grammar, and making things confusing so I'm apprehensive about actually reading the stuff not done by Doki.

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

For those asking about where the rest is I think there's just one more page. Following the release post links and such has led me to believe that it's available if you subscribe to the artist's pixiv fanbox account. There appear to be simple credit options like paypal and it says you can access it for as little as 108 yen a month.
It looks like there's a blurry/censored preview of the next page in the artist's tweet about it: https://twitter.com/maguro_shining/status/1220319299778203649/photo/1

last edited at Feb 6, 2020 10:04PM

commentator
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

That was heckin fast translation. I'm following this manga with the pixiv comic app but chapter 13 was already translated and uploaded here before I even got the notification that the new chapter was up. It actually notified me just as I finished reading it.

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

Is sweet omelette a thing? Has anyone here tried it? I think the idea sounds hideous.

I've gotten to try sweet tamagoyaki from the menu of local Japanese style restaurants. Since I'm in the midwest USA I have absolutely no idea how authentic the stuff I had was, but I loved it. (I also have a bit of a sweet tooth though)

last edited at Jan 21, 2020 8:12PM

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

Filonaa:
https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts/532591

Is this some kind of spam/advertising??

commentator
Slow Start discussion 02 Jan 20:26
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/slow_start_ch84#7

I was just reminded of an old fanfic I read where the ladies are getting intimate and the top one lifts the other's leg and expects to get some resistance at some point, but the other one is just so flexible it keeps going up.

(if you're curious I found the link buried in my bookmarks. It's a Mai-Hime/Otome ShizuruXNatsuki AU that's still incomplete, but I remember it being a good read when I was following it: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3816271/1/Inter-Nos )

commentator
MariYuu discussion 26 Nov 14:06
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

It's actually a bit weird to me to see Gloria get the full blown Scottish treatment while Marnie is using standard speech when in the games Marnie is the one written with a bit of an accent. The second version could have at least given her a little bit of one.

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

No US school I've heard of would let a girl go around wearing a cami and booty shorts. I've heard all sorts of horror stories, the tamest of them being forced to go to the office and wear some fugly spare/lost-and-found clothes to cover up. Depending on the institution and the people involved she could face disciplinary action.

commentator
Image Comments 06 Nov 18:30
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013
73591264_p7

@Lilliwyt Just about anyone with an account can edit Danbooru tags. I could go there right now and change them (but a history log is available so you can see who added/removed which tags)

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

not cross-dressing tag when?

commentator
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

I was just browsing the series directory and noticed this series is at the top of the list in the # section instead of the T section next to the webcomic title? I think someone might have left a space character at the beginning of the title.

(edit: looks like it's been fixed)

last edited at Oct 11, 2019 9:16PM

commentator
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

I love coming here to see all the black bars right after the release of 44. (I also already read it and wanted to share the excitement)

commentator
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

iirc all of their classmates have at least a small character profile right? I think that makes it easier to ship background characters since they have a name and some details.

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

Hey the sword will only turn you into a girl if you truly desire it, so if it did work on y'all, well then, I have some news.

What news? I think they already know what they want.

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

You could fit an actual JK into that age gap.

commentator
Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

Does anyone have a link to the raws?

I've found some of them here, goes up to 16.

For the person above

is there a japanese raws for this? I'm blind to chinese

Best quality Japanese raws available here:
https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4757549873

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

So I haven't been keeping up with this since I kind of fell off the wagon back around the twenties chapter wise, but accidentally clicked the link for the most recent one (98) and read it because of course I didn't expect to be seeing Nanoha there. But anyway, my comment is actually about how hilarious that credit page edit is.