Forum › Posts by Nari

6dc89f5c-43ac-44ad-a0d6-fe9ddf4f2fb2
joined Sep 2, 2021

But this is not like Risa at all. She's always said she likes those she's with, even if it usually doesn't last. She never leads anyone on - quite the opposite, she's rather frank about what she's like, and if she's over someone, that's it. Sure, she does enjoy being loved - surely everyone does - but I see no indication of her being interested in having many people keep on adoring her without giving anything in return like your friend; rather she's always been glad to return their feelings for as long as she was able to.

And that she has stopped this now is actually rather telling about how much she cares for Yuka, surprisingly even for herself.

Yeah I figured, she doesn't lead anyone on. I guess I keep using the wrong words. But yeah I see what you mean, about being open to "anyone who likes her." I really hope the case is she is taking care of(taking care in terms of respect) herself and Yuka now. Yuka should get some self-respect too.

I THINK I FOUND THE WORD: Its not narcissistic, my friend was self-centered.

Anyways thanks for opening a new perspective for me on Risa.

last edited at Dec 18, 2021 10:44AM

joined Sep 2, 2021

A battlefield I have no place to be in.

But there needs to be more comics like this,because normal romance was already thrown out the window in many,many,many,many other comics that you can find on this site.

The Dynasty forum "This Story Should Have Been Written So The People Are The Way I Like Them To Be" contingent is a mighty army--bright are their banners, and their pure-white armor gleams beneath the midday sun.

There's a huge difference between a horrible character written very well, and a horrible character written badly. Yuni writes Risa badly as a bad character, and that's the problem. I enjoy other Yuni's work, just not this one. If you think people's evaluation of Risa is a, "OooOooOo she should've been written this way," then what's the point of analysis, perspective, and critic? Calling this white knight isn't fitting.

What we need is a sequel of a sequel of Risa's point of view so our perspective can actually change and comprehend how Risa work. As of now, since there's only been two one-shots of these two characters, we can only assume so much.

joined Sep 2, 2021

Nari posted:

Risa is a self-centered woman, who continues to keep Yuka around her tail. Not because she loves Yuka, but because she constantly wants someone she know will be there to love her. Because she likes to play around, with people that aren't necessarily attached to her, she still needs someone else there to hold her pride. Risa liked that Yuka felt jealous, because it told her one thing, it's that Yuka has completely fall for her trap of narcissism. It's been clear since day one that Risa never wanted to, and never liked to commit to relationships(this is an information critical for if the thought of her being a polyamorous person occurs*), it's the fact that she isn't attached to anyone; but instead prefers that one person is at least attached to her, while she plays with many other people. In short Risa is a narcissistic player, who has the right victim in her hands. Risa gets off on the fact that, even though she is a horrible person for liking to sleep around a lot, at the end of the day she still has at least one person who is emotionally attached to her where she can just go to, to cope—until she gets bored, and a new cycle repeats.

I don't agree with this one bit. Firstly, you are not a horrible person for liking to sleep around. Second, she is not narcissistic since she made clear everything from the start and had consent. From day 1. Furthermore, I saw literally not even one criterion of narcissism (since I'm a psychologist). The fact that she got off on her being jaelous it completely normal and happens in monogamy as well. I am not polyamorous, but if I were I would be super disappointed and hurt by a comment like this.

I didn't mean to sound like I was sl*t shaming, I was talking about how she is sleeping around but still wants to keep people around her tail, just in case she doesn't want to sleep around anymore, and that's what makes her horrible.

I didn't consider the fact that she might been playing with Yuka's feeling by lying that she went to "only drinking with men today," for the sake of making her jealous. So, this is if the scenario of her still sleeping around is true, then I'll call her narcissistic because she likes knowing that a person is still loving her even if she knows to the person's eye she's bad. Maybe I'm using the wrong word, but I'm not sure what word fits with this personality where you love being loved by vulnerable people regardless of how bad you are to them.

My evaluation of Risa was that she isn't polyamorous. Therefore, it cannot hurt any person who are polyamorous. Like I said earlier, if somebody had ever considered the fact that Risa might be polyamorous, that's not possible, because she's made it clear since day one that she was never into commitment. And people involved in polyamory are actually committing to their significant other(s).

Edit: What she's doing is reminding me of a friend I have. That friend has changed since, but she used to: flirt with boys. And then when they tell her they like her, she would say she doesn't like them back—but continously lead them on with hopeful thoughts, as she continues to flirt and be affectionate with them. And she does this because she liked the thought of many people being in love with her, it made her feel good. And I knew that because, she would constantly keep me updated on it, and even counted all the boys that has ever liked her. And I'll always label her as selfish and narcissistic, because she would hurt these poor boys only for the sake of feeling good about herself. She even told me that it's good to keep tabs on others and keep options available, even if she's dating. What is the word for a person like this?

In the poly community you have many variations of relationships structures, including open relationships. How can you say she didn't want commitment when (years later) they moved in together? It is obvious she is poly since she openly said that she likes multiple people at the time, even though she's aware it's not "normal".
And the difference with your friend is that she was open and honest with everyone form the start. The fact that you make one case of such different situations just because they both like to "play around" worries me.
P. S. Even if someone is poly they can still be hurt by the partner's behaviour with others.

Well, in the first chapter we learn that she dated a guy to break up with him and automatically get a new one. This to me just seems like she doesn't care about who she's with, she's just there to play. In my opinion you cannot label Risa as polyamorous(because polyamorous involves all parties' consent) but Risa does not do that, as you can she she is straightforward and direct, and Yuka walked in "accepting" her way of being a player. But you can also see Yuka is definitely not okay with that.

And yeah, I realize that my friend and Risa are different now. One does it behind another's back, and the other tells. The way they are similar to me is, not that they both like to play around, it's that they enjoy the way they can mess a vulnerable person up to make themselves feel good.

P.S. I know polyamorous people have feelings. We're all humans after all.

joined Sep 2, 2021

I came here to count how many people would completely ignore or reject the explicit message of the title and the (rare for a romance manga) fully articulated moral of the story: “It’s ridiculous to think of love only in black and white, as if it’s a trivial thing.” And I was not disappointed.

Carry on with the Inquisition.

I think we would enjoy it much more if Risa wasn't so trashy. Or here's another, we get the perspective of Risa and we find out that she isn't trashy after all.

joined Sep 2, 2021

Nari posted:

Risa is a self-centered woman, who continues to keep Yuka around her tail. Not because she loves Yuka, but because she constantly wants someone she know will be there to love her. Because she likes to play around, with people that aren't necessarily attached to her, she still needs someone else there to hold her pride. Risa liked that Yuka felt jealous, because it told her one thing, it's that Yuka has completely fall for her trap of narcissism. It's been clear since day one that Risa never wanted to, and never liked to commit to relationships(this is an information critical for if the thought of her being a polyamorous person occurs*), it's the fact that she isn't attached to anyone; but instead prefers that one person is at least attached to her, while she plays with many other people. In short Risa is a narcissistic player, who has the right victim in her hands. Risa gets off on the fact that, even though she is a horrible person for liking to sleep around a lot, at the end of the day she still has at least one person who is emotionally attached to her where she can just go to, to cope—until she gets bored, and a new cycle repeats.

I don't agree with this one bit. Firstly, you are not a horrible person for liking to sleep around. Second, she is not narcissistic since she made clear everything from the start and had consent. From day 1. Furthermore, I saw literally not even one criterion of narcissism (since I'm a psychologist). The fact that she got off on her being jaelous it completely normal and happens in monogamy as well. I am not polyamorous, but if I were I would be super disappointed and hurt by a comment like this.

I didn't mean to sound like I was sl*t shaming, I was talking about how she is sleeping around but still wants to keep people around her tail, just in case she doesn't want to sleep around anymore, and that's what makes her horrible.

I didn't consider the fact that she might been playing with Yuka's feeling by lying that she went to "only drinking with men today," for the sake of making her jealous. So, this is if the scenario of her still sleeping around is true, then I'll call her narcissistic because she likes knowing that a person is still loving her even if she knows to the person's eye she's bad. Maybe I'm using the wrong word, but I'm not sure what word fits with this personality where you love being loved by vulnerable people regardless of how bad you are to them.

My evaluation of Risa was that she isn't polyamorous. Therefore, it cannot hurt any person who are polyamorous. Like I said earlier, if somebody had ever considered the fact that Risa might be polyamorous, that's not possible, because she's made it clear since day one that she was never into commitment. And people involved in polyamory are actually committing to their significant other(s).

Edit: What she's doing is reminding me of a friend I have. That friend has changed since, but she used to: flirt with boys. And then when they tell her they like her, she would say she doesn't like them back—but continously lead them on with hopeful thoughts, as she continues to flirt and be affectionate with them. And she does this because she liked the thought of many people being in love with her, it made her feel good. And I knew that because, she would constantly keep me updated on it, and even counted all the boys that has ever liked her. And I'll always label her as selfish and narcissistic, because she would hurt these poor boys only for the sake of feeling good about herself. She even told me that it's good to keep tabs on others and keep options available, even if she's dating. What is the word for a person like this?

last edited at Dec 18, 2021 9:07AM

joined Sep 2, 2021

last edited at Dec 18, 2021 1:47AM

joined Sep 2, 2021

I don't like this one bit.

Nari
Image Comments 17 Dec 23:38
joined Sep 2, 2021
Smokinhottiddy

^^ Homura Subaru's extreme love for boobas makes me feel like I'm a newbie.

Nari
Image Comments 17 Dec 23:35
joined Sep 2, 2021
Deerwhisky-1437103858652626946-img2

Fricken love DeerWhisky's arts

Nari
Image Comments 17 Dec 23:34
joined Sep 2, 2021
Islaboo_art-1470141365803790338-img1

I want to draw this template too!

joined Sep 2, 2021

Yes, yes, yes. Everything I've ever looked forward to. A wholesome book about a closeted mother and a supportive open minded daughter. This definitely won't go into the incest route as the daughter seems super supportive of her mom's love life, in a way where she doesn't feel the need to be "number 1" or feel a weird kind of admiration for her mother. Chapter 1 overall, seems very wholesome and adorable.

Nari
Image Comments 14 Dec 08:42
joined Sep 2, 2021
Bang_gu9-1455908780743413765-img1

^ I agree, but even the booba groping is a fine detail in this piece. You can see how it's actually a form of affection, if you know what I mean.

joined Sep 2, 2021

Meh. Also more of the 'bi girls are hoes' trope...

Right. I'm not bi, but if bisexuality is going to be added to Yuri, I wished they'd do it right. And not add bisexuality for the sake of, "This girl fools around with guys." Like using bisexuality as a plot is never good, it usually makes the characters very sh*tty imo. Using bisexuality as a casual factual thing is the way to go.

Nari
Image Comments 14 Dec 00:04
joined Sep 2, 2021
Agu_knzm-1470006985777356801-img1

More of these two!

Nari
Image Comments 13 Dec 21:05
joined Sep 2, 2021
Indym_39-1470168427927326720-img1

These gosh darn Yuri cookie drawings are making me want to play Cookie Run Kingdom again.

Nari
Image Comments 13 Dec 21:03
joined Sep 2, 2021
Czasjbarts-1469681267151020035-img1

New Yuri Template! I would definitely like to see more of this adorable heart shaking template.

Nari
Image Comments 13 Dec 21:02
joined Sep 2, 2021
Smokinhottiddy

As a woman who loves boobas, I'll definitely like to try this in the future... if I actually get a girlfriend.

Nari
Image Comments 11 Dec 09:52
joined Sep 2, 2021
Vitoriacampos5-1467147184512643075-img1

As soon as I saw this scene, no one can stop me from thinking that Eula x Amber is canoned.

joined Sep 2, 2021

Yawn. Wake me when the story gets interesting… zzzzzzz. This is turning into “Laverne and Shirley” show. More fun to watch minor characters than seeing main characters not going anywhere in character/story progression.

I think it’s best for everybody if you just stay asleep.

I second that.

joined Sep 2, 2021

Giving me Tamen De Gushi vibes, wholesome and comedic, and of course, even though many random situations are stitched together, it still has s storyline and plot with some angst to it. I enjoy that.

joined Sep 2, 2021

i got sudden bad vibes from ami at the very end, think this may end up getting fairly dark

I mean... yes, she was in the classic yandere pose, but surprise! That's also the classic, "I'm in deep thoughts," pose. Ami didn't think anything creepy, nor said anything unsettling, it might've been the lighting.

joined Sep 2, 2021

Nameless asterism but with polyamory?

Where did you get polyamory from?

Though confusing, there's actually 4 characters: I forgot their names so I'll describe them: One with long black hair and a moe, another with long black hair, a third with straight shoulderlength blonde/light hair, and a fourth with long wavy blonde/light hair.

And even more confusing, they all don't have feelings for each other in a square. Girl with the moe likes the wavy blonde, and the wavy blonde likes her back. Girl without the moe likes the shoulderlength blonde, and the shoulderlength blonde possibly likes her back... anyways you get my point 4 characters 2 pairs.

Nari
Image Comments 04 Dec 16:22
joined Sep 2, 2021
81332919_p0

Yes, yes. You know, something about historical Yuri is just so beautiful. I don't know if it is the soft watercolor, or maybe just the aesthetic of it. Either way it's so beautiful.

Nari
Image Comments 29 Nov 23:01
joined Sep 2, 2021
Fiwmnhjuuaaujuh

Negom, how could you!

Nari
Image Comments 27 Nov 00:40
joined Sep 2, 2021
Incomingbsod

Right, Flare is so darn adorable, she can say it with a serious face and still look cute.