Forum › Posts by 856600

joined Apr 8, 2021

Weak finisher: for the sake of a subversion of expectations, she makes a development like this with no explaining and no understanding.

So uh... you ever read manga before? It's not funny because it's not a punchline, it's a cliffhanger. First time you've ever seen one?

joined Apr 8, 2021

Nico with her hair down isn't something I'd thought I'd need in life.

But there it is, and I can never go back now.

Special delivery for one GrimSmiles

Shihen discussion 22 Jul 02:32
joined Apr 8, 2021

I'd of liked to see a kiss at the end but its only a minor complaint.

Kisses are overrated. Nothing beats "I love you", and this doujin delivered. Wish there were more that did.

last edited at Jul 22, 2021 3:21AM

VAMPEERZ discussion 21 Jul 02:45
joined Apr 8, 2021

That metal pole through the girl's head was saddening. She seemed really cool :\

I'm having trouble remembering the characters between updates. This girl is a vampire and will totally be fine, right? Right? Kind of ruins the mood if not...

joined Apr 8, 2021

Glad to see this finally got a proper translation, very cute. I thought it was kind of disrespectful to the artist to make a complete farce out of their comic.

joined Apr 8, 2021

People are free to do whatever they want, and "actual plot" is a subjective bit of hilarity to me. Since a comedy series like this has arguably as much plot as your average action series that just kind of goes in a direction that leads to more action.

Taking the piss now? The defining factor of slice of life series is that they specifically don't have a plot. Most long-running comedy manga, you could literally read the chapters in a random order and you wouldn't be able to tell they were out of order beyond character introductions. There's nothing wrong with that, but it's not my cup of tea. It's also just fucking weird to say that nothing has more plot than this. That's not "arguable" at all. That's not even in the same dimension as arguable.

You also left out a major part of my comment just so you could say "people are allowed to not read what you read, for whatever reason they please", it's almost like I literally stated that

You did, but I felt the need to address it because what I quoted was contradicting yourself saying that. You're awfully defensive about this manga and seem to almost be trying to shame people into not dropping it for reasons you think it shouldn't be dropped, which is the exact opposite of what you say you're saying.

trying to convince people that a series is bad because of the lack of Yuri/Yaoi.

Good thing nobody's doing that here, then.

joined Apr 8, 2021

Maybe this person isn't like that, but I've seen enough of those type people for it bring up uncomfortable memories when I see someone saying they're going to drop a series because there's no Yuri/Yaoi in it.

It's kind of weird to take offense to people dropping a series that's not to their taste. Uncomfortable memories? Really? People are allowed to not read what you read, for whatever reason they please.

Dropping something because it's not yuri also doesn't mean someone only reads yuri. It means that particular manga doesn't interest them if it's not. That's exactly where this one lands for me. There are plenty of interesting stories in the world, but this one doesn't have anything that appeals to me. It's about gals being pals, and that premise is not one I find engaging. If the draw of a manga is the interactions between its two leading characters, it usually needs to be romance to catch my attention (regardless of gender). Otherwise, I'd rather read something with an actual plot, beyond 'day to day life of schoolkids'.

joined Apr 8, 2021

Now i wanna punch both... the second for trusting in someone unknown in the internet

Real boomer energy

joined Apr 8, 2021

I think its cute, like a representation of what the readers are when they see a cute couple in a manga/anime/novel

This. It's about putting yuri on display for the world to see, who 'wins' or 'loses' doesn't matter so long as everyone gets to watch cute gays.

joined Apr 8, 2021

So the story isnt Worth your time if it doesnt end with al "I love you"?

I read gay romance manga for the gay romance, yes.

or better yet, an anime.

This wouldn't help, really, since anime adaptations of LNs also virtually never cover the full source material.

joined Apr 8, 2021

I love how doujins just get shorter and shorter these days lmao they know we’re adults and dont have time to read 100 pages slow burn romance anymore

Mostly just a Twitter thing, tweets are limited to four images so that caps your comic length if you want to go viral.

joined Apr 8, 2021

This girl is way too weak to cute girls. But then again, who isn't?

joined Apr 8, 2021

I think the manga will probably stop at ch 12 considering how rushed this feels :/
Shame I really enjoyed their dynamic

It's still going. Chapter 14 was released a week ago.

joined Apr 8, 2021

world's #1 most precious gay

joined Apr 8, 2021

Broadly speaking, I think "medieval" is interchangeable with "pre-industrialisation" to the layman. I don't think the average person cares to distinguish between medieval fantasy and Renaissance-era fantasy.

Again, this fantasy is set in a world like that after the Renaissance.

And you're misusing the term “layman”. While I would agree that not many people particularly care, any westerner who paid attention in grade school would know that “medieval” refers to the period between the fall of the Western Roman Empire and the Renaissance. So we're not writing about laypeople as such; we're writing about people who didn't pay attention, or later just said ​“fukkit” to what they learned.

Given that, in turn, this means that they aren't well positioned to understand how we got where we are, where we could be, or where we are currently being led, that's quite unfortunate. Indeed, as the story develops, it becomes clear that the author conceives of only two social orders as possible, aristocracy and the welfare state.

Uwahh, do you realise how obnoxiously pedantic you come off as? The point is that fantasy, stereotypically, takes place in a low-tech world, ie, pre-industrialisation. They were conveying that it's just another generic pre-industrial fantasy world with their comment; nobody cares exactly what era it's based in so much as the lack of more modern technology.

To a historian, "medieval" refers to a specific period of time. To somebody who is not a historian, or in other words a layman (since I have to spell this out for you), it might as well mean "old". You can lament the state of education on history all you want, but the reality is that if you took 10 people off the street at random and had them read this manga, approximately zero of them would say "this is post-Renaissance fantasy" when asked to describe the setting.

Your usage of 'grade school' suggests that you're American, but the idea that American schoolchildren under the age of 10 are well-enough educated on European history to differentiate the eras is, frankly, preposterous. There's no reason to stoop to the level of insulting people's intelligence by suggesting that they're more moronic than a child for not being that informed; as a non-European myself, I didn't learn anything meaningful about European history until I studied it in university.

joined Apr 8, 2021

The setting is just your run of the mill medieval fantasy world,

This world is not like the Mediaeval period. In fact, it's closest to something post-Renaissance. There doesn't seem to be or have been anything like a Reformation, but the standard-of-living seems about that of the Enlightenment, and Leveller sentiment is stirring.

Broadly speaking, I think "medieval" is interchangeable with "pre-industrialisation" to the layman. I don't think the average person cares to distinguish between medieval fantasy and Renaissance-era fantasy.

joined Apr 8, 2021

I didn't really get that from the front page, personally I'm not worried about spoilers for this series. I was mainly hoping to help anyone that does care. However if people don't really think of it as spoilers then that's fine, carry on haha

Hands entwined, on a bed, with underwear scattered around, together with possessions directly identifying the characters involved (one girls' phone and the other's book). I'm very curious what your interpretation of this page is, because I can't see it in any other way.

joined Apr 8, 2021

Please add spoiler tags to your original post, use == on each side of the parts you want to be hidden.

That aside, seems to be about what I expected unfortunately.

Hard to call it a spoiler when literally the front page shows them having sex while making excuses for cheating.

joined Apr 8, 2021

A girl in love is cute, so two girls in love must be twice as cute.

Wisdom.

joined Apr 8, 2021

gross

Mmm truly thought provoking stuff here folks.

Didn't realise it needed explanation that justifying cheating is disgusting (front page - "I would never have done it if you had just said I was cute that day"), figured most people could work that out on their own. Interesting that you didn't make a "truly thought-provoking" retort to any of the not-thought-provoking, short comments praising it. Does a comment need to be thought-provoking to be made? Or are you just using that as an excuse to say that criticism isn't allowed?

last edited at Jun 21, 2021 6:48AM

joined Apr 8, 2021

gross

joined Apr 8, 2021

You mean you guys don't launch into a monologue about human nature whenever someone approaches you? I might be doing something wrong.

(It sure does look like a mouthful when written out)

Say, Saki. Has anyone ever told you? "Always think about what it's like to be in another person's shoes". I seriously wonder if there are people in this world who actually abide by that saying. At the very least, it's impossible for me. As the years go by, it becomes increasingly harder for me to understand the feelings of those that can hear "normally". Just like how you can't understand the feelings of people who can't hear. I mean, it's not like we have a way to measure how another person feels. It's impossible for two people who don't understand each other to begin with to get along. Don't concern yourself with me.

last edited at Jun 15, 2021 10:21AM

joined Apr 8, 2021

blackmails and rapes someone
"Why are you making me the bad guy?"

"What about Nanase's feelings? Have you ever even once considered how she feels? Because I definitely haven't."

1000% this and the other people saying it. Holy fuck the logic in this series is genuinely unbelievable and awful.

My belief is that mangaka generally suck at actually writing stories because they spend the time and effort that a novelist would put into writing, into developing their art instead. So I'm normally inclined, albeit reluctantly, to give some leeway to bad writing because being good at both art and writing is a big task. There's no excusing this nonsense r*** plot, though...

last edited at Jun 14, 2021 4:02PM

joined Apr 8, 2021

wow that makes three in a row that I've read and been in a worse mood than before, just fuck my shit up fam

joined Apr 8, 2021

Um.. what was the point of this?

suffering