Forum › Posts by Akiji

Akiji
joined Jul 21, 2020

And this is from where? I'm certain I don't know them.

Chinese yuri manhua, name is When We Get Closer and it's really good in a completely different style than Lass.
The two gym girls in the pic are the main characters.

joined Jul 21, 2020

Man I really wonder when and how this manga is gonna end, because in chapter 29 they are adding three new girls, and I think that there is a lot of characters in the story right now, that maybe the author doesn't give enough time to give a proper conclusion to all of them.

Seeing as many girls seem to have gone MIA after the author got bored and went for a new plotline, I guess we just have to accept that this manga is an episodic serial made of loosely connected parts. :/

Akiji
joined Jul 21, 2020

"No point to get a priest, you can't exercise out The Gay."

Gay exercises? For lesbians?

Something like this, I guess.

Lol, I think they wanted to type exorcise but... they subconsciously pictured hot gay girls exercising, and... y'know, Freudian slip. XD

Akiji
joined Jul 21, 2020

So iyo who is like a "little fox" and who is like a "little pony" in this couple?
I've been trying to figure it out but so far I still have no clue.
The "fox" in particular puzzles me: none of them seems really sly or crafty, much less a wily seductress. But the introduction describes one of them as such, sooo....... there gotta be something I missed.

The fox is the older one, according to description.

Xiaoen is 27, anyone remembers how old is Xingyuan?

I don't know if Xingyuan's age has been revealed, but I'm certain she's the "pony"—because she's reliable and hardworking like a good little horsey.

Xiaoen has a naughty side, like an unruly child; maybe "fox" comes from there?

Akiji
joined Jul 21, 2020

Huh. Now you have me wondering if Xiaoen might be trying to make the town more accepting of ... less conforming people. She certainly seems to have a great deal of influence and it seems like something that would fit her personality. It also might explain the relatively positive reaction most of her staff had to her rather obvious crush.

That's an interesting point I had overlooked. @flowsthead suggested that Bai could very well be gay and the townsfolk be totally ok with it—as long as Peach Town was the kind of place where sexual minorities and alternative lifestyles are welcome.

This theory gains a lot if we consider that, indeed, when Xiaoen reveals her feelings for Xingyuan in front of the farm staff, everbody reacts in a positive way.

Well, everybody except Sixi who reacts dumb and clueless, but that doesn't count. XD

Akiji
joined Jul 21, 2020

Xingyuan is thinking about settling in the town to become closer to Xiaoen and at the same time getting cold feet about it... which is normal for somebody with her emotional baggage, but I'm certain she will make the right choices in the end.

Speaking about baggage, that beautician who's doing Xiaoen's nails seems to come from some kind of bad emotional experience in his past. The dialogue between them is ambiguous, but that much seems clear.

If it wasn't for the context of the plot I would speculate he's gay. (Yes I know, typecasting male beauticians, sorry; but somehow his conversation scene with Xiaoen struck me as a gay man + female friend scene.) But in a small town, against the background of a homophobic society, him being gay would be an enormous issue and everyone would be talking about it, which is not the case.... so I must be wrong.

joined Jul 21, 2020

"it’s quite possible Evie would remember"

curious

Yeah. Remember what? What does Elsa know about Evie that even Evie herself doesn't??

My improbable guess is that Elsa also got isekaied and they were dating or knew each other on earth.

No no no.
It's nothing complicated. Elsa is convinced that Evie loves her. Or loved her. Everything Evie did to Elsa previously (before the "bad ending" that got her exiled) looks like conclusive proof in Elsa's eyes. Things like watch her all the time, pay attention to her moods and needs, protect her from harm, get into fights for her, take every excuse to touch her... even her bullying looked like the pranks a child plays to get closer to the girl she likes!

Like: pour water on her to have an excuse to dry her hair with a towel.

Or: hide her textbook to force her to share Evie's own, which leads to lots of casual touching.

And of course it was Evie who ran to the roof, rescued Elsa who was about to get killed and defeated the darkness spirit who had possessed her.

Because of this, Elsa was persuaded that Evie sincerely loved her. And she fell hard for Evie. And she ran after Evie when Evie got exiled.

But Evie wasn't happy when they met again, and since then she has been sending Elsa a ton of mixed signals. One day she acts besotted and possessive around Elsa, the next one she tells her to go back to the capital and find herself a boyfriend. One day she looks betrayed, hurt and desperate because some guy seems to be wooing Elsa, the next one she invites Garth to be Elsa's suitor.

It's no wonder that Elsa thinks she may need a potion to bring back Evie's "forgotten feelings" from the time they lived in the capital.

joined Jul 21, 2020

Actually surprised this new girl has a crush on a guy (and a pretty older rougher looking guy at that). Thought we might get a funny love triangle where she had a crush on the mc or something.

Mind that this never was a 404: Men Not Found sort of story. There have been many male characters in old chapters, from Makino's dad to teachers to students. That some girls go for them comes as no surprise.

https://i.ibb.co/dKPp8HY/het.png

Lotta Dynasty Readers in this chapter

Yeah it's like, go to your baldie, hetero chick, and make room for the lesbians!

joined Jul 21, 2020

https://i.imgur.com/Q0yQl7e.jpg

You know what? I call bs on this.

The real reason Nadeshiko is banned from cleaning is that Yakiniku Teishoku has a giant fetish about dirty rooms. She obviously finds that uncleaned locales cluttered with junk and leftovers are super exciting!

Don't believe it? Check out this drunken orgy in her other manga:

https://dynasty-scans.com/system/releases/000/028/049/001.jpg

There's a word for this kink. I believe it's mysophobia.

Googled that phobia and, uh...

I believe it's actually quite the opposite???

Like mysophobia is an irrational fear of germs and germy places, and one of the symptoms is overt cleanliness. If the "kink/fetish for uncleaned locales" theory is true for this author, than mysophobia simply wouldn't make sense.

They must mean mysophilia. Got 'philia' and 'phobia' mixed up.

My understanding is that in Japan it's a rather common kink, maybe as a reaction because Japanese society is so obsessed with cleanliness.

It has lead to funny developments like schoolgirls who make big bucks by selling their smelly used panties to pervs, lmao.

joined Jul 21, 2020

Tut-tut, Aya, leave this kind of thing to your man.

joined Jul 21, 2020

Well color me surprised: it was her first time!

joined Jul 21, 2020

Yvonne Has Leveled Up!

Density Neutron Star → Brick

You made me laugh so hard. XDD

joined Jul 21, 2020

I just wish there is someone there to hugged Adachi right now.

I don't think she'd let anyone but Shima that close to her, though.

The point being, it would be nice if there was somebody close enough so as to give her a hug and that she would accept it.

joined Jul 21, 2020

I need a characters chart with the relationships clearly mapped. Sorry I'm lazy. T_T

joined Jul 21, 2020

Me: reads the title

Me: "Omg this is..."

Me: "Monica Lewinsky: The Manga!"

joined Jul 21, 2020

"Thankfully the culprit was a woman and wasn't aggressive or anything."
Yeah, sure.

Gotta love double standards.

She wasn't a violent criminal. She didn't resist arrest. She surrendered without a fight. This is cause for celebration, as everything was solved peacefully and nobody got hurt. Any sane person would be happy about that. No double standard here.

joined Jul 21, 2020

the notorious usage of chalk patterns for shading on the characters as opposed to reserving them for backgrounds, combined with the rather low noise-reduction/anti-aliasing on the inking, gives this a "rough" vibe that could make someone think of old-school works.

Also the story is very class S. From the moment those other girls teased their friend "so you've been admiring this mysterious tall beauty from afar huh?" I thought: when are we assumed to be, Shōwa era?

joined Jul 21, 2020

Okay let's be frank: it's all bs about this being her first time, right?
Everything she said is just emotional games to get Miyako IN ZE MOOD... and I say "game" but maybe I should say emotional blackmail, cos the core message is: unless you have sex with me I'll always be this withdrawn and fearful person who can barely interact with other humans, surely you aren't so cruel as to refuse to heal me!

Her act is so good I believed her completely at first, only on a second read I caught Nakano's warning to Miyako "I hope you make it back alive" and I realized: Nakano has had sex with this girl and knows she's a sexual beast! Then the previous chapter's line "I masturbated 20 times" came back to my mind... and I had no more misgivings, I knew she had fooled me too.

joined Jul 21, 2020

I figure there aren't many among our rather youngish forumites who remember that old Shirow series. The Puma sisters were major baddies and antagonists in the first volumes. Then suddenly and without transition they become part of the TP and are assigned to work with Leona Ozaki, the main character, who is batshit furious but has no choice. The explanation is: the Puma sisters are androids and aren't legally responsible for their bad actions, therefore after capturing them the TP decided to put their crazy skills to good use and turn them into TP agents. Leona would rather throw them into a compactor...

They'd have deserved it! Look at them tricking some poor innocent men! Evil! :P

joined Jul 21, 2020

Can you remind me when they actually said that they will respect her decisions? I may be judging them too harshly.

They forced her on the job because Makino didn't give them a clue about what she want for her future career for a long time. I would believe that if she had give them at least a somewhat solid career choice, they would have respect it. They force on her because they're tired of her being a NEET.

Ah, apologies, I seem to have worded my question misleadingly: I did not ask whether you believed that her parents would respect Makino's own life choices, but whether they have actually expressed their readiness to do so in the manga so far. :-)

Your question wasn't misleading at all: you worded it perfectly. The other part dodged it and went on rambling about something else because they had nothing to reply.

Because, in fact, Makino's parents never told her that they would respect her life choices whatever they are. Never ever.

Akiji
Liberta discussion 05 Sep 12:00
joined Jul 21, 2020

Um, no, Komari, that's not it at all! It's the power of the Sire/Childe Bond, see, that links those who...

Komari never watched Buffy so she doesn't know.

joined Jul 21, 2020

Sora's mother lives in Hokkaido and the class trip has brought them to Hokkaido, so I am assuming her mother has made her return. If I recall correctly, the mother's permission for Sora to stay behind was temporary and conditional. And the matter between them hasn't been fully resolved yet.

The mother's condition was until she graduated high school. I don't think there is much reason to bring her back.

Sora could want to formally introduce her future wife to her...

joined Jul 21, 2020

I just noticed that new tag and it confused the shit out of me lmao

They decided to make this new tag for exactly 2 series, lol, Please Bully Me, Miss Villainess! and Fall In Love With The Empress.

Akiji
joined Jul 21, 2020

Iori punched Minami. Minami like, directly says so. Iori actually hits Minami pretty often, people here on the forums complain about it all the time. The author doesn't seem to recognize the disconnect between the "This person is from an abusive household" backstory and the "people punch each other for slapstick" humor.

It would be actually better if "they do it for slapstick, don't take it seriously" was the simple explanation, and they left it at that, without delving into other issues.

joined Jul 21, 2020

The best way to fail... or something.
What's the noise you don't wanna hear during kabedon? Wall crumbling?

last edited at Aug 26, 2022 10:58AM