Forum › Posts by rainbow8

joined Jan 14, 2020

Known WLW: Umi, Shou.
Strongly suspected closet case: Ibu.
Questionable: Nae, Zumi.

Ally: Baba.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Haha, I've wondered something similar. Though that still leaves "so where is that girl and what happens next?"

And hey, the deeper level of this work's appeal is realizing there's consistency and mystery to the other characters, though I don't know if the author will ever cough up the details.

But Zumi is at least tertiary, I'd say. Where would you draw the line between secondary and tertiary? I'd say Ibu and Nae are secondary, probably Baba (don't see her as much now but had some key conversations). Makki and Fuki and Ken aren't. Zumi is in between in frequency and detail.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Ooh, interesting! I dimly recall that about the bullies but hadn't thought much about it, will have to look tomorrow.

You also just made me wonder where her alleged boyfriend lives - if she escapes Ametatsu, will she be leaving him behind? But she got "good luck" in the plot-convenient fortunes, even better than Umi's alarming Moderate luck. Though we didn't get Zumi's fortune details...

Thanks for having read my analyses, and giving me more to think about!

rainbow8
joined Jan 14, 2020

Aww, it's going to be an anthology of one-shots. Would have liked to see ghost girl resolution.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Manifesting a person is as supernatural as time travel :p

joined Jan 14, 2020

Also the not so sneaky handholding right in front of Nae.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/a42cbd3b-a364-4a9f-9e8c-7313e92fd0d4/20

But girls do things like hold hands to run downhill all the time. Looks like a couple of their friends are doing it on this page, too: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_blue_star_on_that_day_ano_koro_no_aoi_hoshi_ch16#16

Huh. I hadn't noticed, and would have taken that as separate hands just overlapping in perspective. But if I zoom in to pixelbitch, it does kind of look like Nae's fingers in Ken's hand.

Granted I have bisexual suspicions about Nae, but hadn't noticed her and Ken being that close. Though Nae does sleep between Umi and Ken. But Ken is part of the giant friend group, while Fuki is just Umi's roommate.

Also, zooming in on three identical grins makes them look creepy. :P

joined Jan 14, 2020

Hey, I'm rooting for Aya/Koto!

Don't know how, but somehow!

rainbow8
joined Jan 14, 2020

1st base: adultery

2nd base: divorcing your husband

3rd base: moving in together

home run: using her personal name

joined Jan 14, 2020

I still have 3 chapters and a half to do.

Is it over or is that just what's come out so far?

joined Jan 14, 2020

Other things I noticed:

right off the plane, Ibu has a headache. Who does she cling to? Umi, of course.

15.2, Nae is attentive to Umi at dinner, both noticing her not eating and watching when she does.

16, Nae and Fuki literally sparkle (along with 'kira kira' SFX) when telling Shou it's okay that she wants to go slow through the aquarium. Umi and Nae share a drink straw with no self-consciousness. At the beach, Nae calls out to Shou to come see fish.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Every chapter is just more and more evidence that Shou's group really sucks. I mean you could say that their energy levels are totally different and they don't vibe, but man are they pushy. They are not accommodating in the least.

So! I just re-read from 15.1 on, paying particular attention to that group, and found more evidence that Aoikani really thinks about the characterization and personality even of these unnamed side characters.

Shou's unnamed group.
black ponytail calls out to Segawa
brown and short black glare at Shou and sweatdrop in the elevator.
brown is bold, shorthair whiny.
ponytail mocks Shou "you miss your mama that much".
brown "I can see it, Koumoto is caring"
short "I think Segawa is cool, no bully"
ponytail "You're too soft on her"

Shou gets dumped by her group
brown pushes back at Shou for wanting to go slow
ponytail plays peacemaker, suggests split
ponytail waves goodbye

cave
ponytail has camera and is Komatsu.
brown teases her.
ponytail tries to tease Shou.
shorthair whines about it being wet.
ponytail asks Segawa about the cave fish, kind of praises her, hits her in a "friendly" but painful way ("ow")

gift shop
brown lectures her on gifts. Of course, Shou only has dad (lame) and Umi (already here)
ponytail teases Shou about still being rebellious

Ponytail is a lot like Yosshi. Aggressively teasing to the point of bullying, and likely justifies it as policing proper behavior, but also tries to keep the group functioning and suggest compromise.

I kind of want to say brown is like Ibu, except Ibu is never as nice. Yeah, brown is being pushy about Shou getting gifts, but she's genuinely trying to be helpful. So maybe more like another Yosshi.

Shorthair is her own wet-noodle personality, no obvious equivalent. Nervous about Shou, also thinks she's cool, speaks up once, otherwise just whines in the background.

It's just a bad group dynamic

Yeah, they're not my favorite people, but not obviously terrible. Just bad for Shou.

she was with Umi's group they vibed really well.

On the flip side, that's not great evidence for Shou not being neurodivergent. Umi's group is a bunch of sweethearts, especially Nae, who is either a really nice person or is out to be really welcoming to Umi's friend. (A bit too nice, practically hitting on her.) You would have to be as prickly as Ibu to not vibe with that group, especially while waiting for your AWOL girlfriend.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Is there a translation somewhere else or are y'all reading Japanese?

joined Jan 14, 2020

its cruel to push her to have to grow up that fast

I'm pretty sure Aya is pushing herself, to not feel like a dependent child. I don't think Koto is. Though Koto's finances might be strained with a second mouth to feed.

As noted on Discord, Koto should have stuck to "this is Aya, she's staying with me". But, they're all unused to Big Deceit. Or coping with the bizarre situation.

joined Jan 14, 2020

3rd day in Oki

Umi didn't sleep again.

Yosshi birthday. Ken remembers, everyone says happy birthday but Ibu, in a corner next to Yosshi. Umi in center of wedge, next to Nae. Ibu still wearing the sunglasses Umi gave her.
"Finally 17"
Yosshi notices, Ibu claims she already wished.

scene cut to vipers. Baba says it'd be nice to have venomous fangs. unknown girls.

Eisa performance, Umi next to Nae. Baba next to Fuki, though they're not in the same travel group. Makki seems very impressed, Zumi smiling, Ibu... not frowning?
Yeah, Makki really is enthused. Ibu seems a bit amazed at her. Nae looking away and down, perhaps wistfully.

oh right, Shou exists. black-haired girl in her group with a camera is Komatsu. Tries to joke around with Shou, whoosh.

Love fortunes. Ibu is skeptical.
Nae: "get married"
Umi: "moderate luck, partner loves you". blush.
Nae: "I knew it, you're dating! Tell me, I can keep a secret!" maybe don't ask her right next to a big group

self-guided exploration! apparently including taxi rides.

Shou's group brunette lectures her on human customs like gifts. Of course, Shou only has dad (lame) and Umi (already here)

last edited at Jan 24, 2024 2:07PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

Start of this manga: Damn it's messed up how they trained Soara as a weapon and stuff
ch. 18: Alright maybe they had a point

Soara! Your childhood was not sacrificed in vain!

rainbow8
joined Jan 14, 2020

1st base: sex
2nd base: moving in together
3rd base: personal names

joined Jan 14, 2020

IIRC the ostensible purpose of the time travel was so that Yvonne would do something that wouldn't change her past up to that point, but would shut off the alleged Infinite Demon Spawn point nearby, i.e. change her immediate future to "not die".

Haven't gotten to that yet.

rainbow8
joined Jan 14, 2020

My point is, confessions between two friends only need to be an all-or-nothing ultimatum if the involved parties choose to treat it as such, such as is the case in this story.

Yeah, I've had quite a lot of "I like you", "sorry, I don't in that way", "darn. anyway," experiences.

If you're a guy at a tech college with a 3:1 M:F ratio, surviving the rejection process without being weird about it can actually strengthen the friendship, when the girl sees that you'll stick around despite no romantic possibility.

last edited at Jan 19, 2024 10:09PM

rainbow8
Love Bullet discussion 18 Jan 23:12
joined Jan 14, 2020

I don't remember who Chiyo was, and didn't notice dials, but it's also possible she likes being a cupid and doesn't want to return.

joined Jan 14, 2020

After reading what's on Mdex, reminds me of a reversed Blue Star. Though not exactly. Shorthair still makes the first move on isolated longhair, but here longhair falls hard and seals the deal and feels the sexual tension.

joined Jan 14, 2020

or just a hand job

rainbow8
joined Jan 14, 2020

Then again, car accidents (not just car-on-pedestrian, but car-on-car and car-on-object) are a common way to suddenly kill off someone in a random way, which is probably why people made memes about being hit by a truck sending you to an isekai even though it's not all that common outside of parodies of the genre.

If a young adult in the US dies, the three most likely causes are (1) accidental drug overdose, (2) fatal accident (mostly cars), or (3) suicide.

If you need your young adult character to die, without being a drug user, cars are in fact the most likely cause of death.

I expect Japan is similar, though maybe suicide beats cars, I dunno.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Wild, but not as wild as the previous one where Yui had lots of sex with Fumina multiple times in one day. Maybe next time they break the toilet door down and have their way with her till she wakes up?

wait what previous one

rainbow8
joined Jan 14, 2020

Gorgeous, yeah.

Glowing mirror and talking reflection makes me think Fantasy or Supernatural more than Historical

I thought the second woman would be the very attentive maid, not this mirror-person. :(

rainbow8
joined Jan 14, 2020

Also, the very first page is missing a word: "Preparations for the are"

also it should be 'preparations' not 'preperations'

and 'stationery' not 'stationary'