Forum › Posts by EmergentLurker

joined Aug 1, 2019

you might have already noticed but with various world events at the moment chapters will be pretty delayed from here on out. apologies in advance but i do aim to keep putting them out, especially since it's a completable project. stay tuned

That's understandable you do what's best for you guys and thank you for providing something for us japanese challenged peoples.

joined Aug 1, 2019

B-but mayonnaise is already made from egg?

There exists an eggless variant. It's a bit more fluid than the one with egg and it even tastes better. If one observes certain holidays (which, despite being openly atheist for years, I'm still doing), one may be delighted to know that variant of mayo can be consumed on (examples from my own life) St.Nicholas day, Christmas Eve and Good Friday. Unfortunately, I've been on a diet for almost a year, and the only cheat days I've been given are my birthday and the holiday season (which in my country is from like New Year's Eve to the Julian New Year's Day (roughly half a month)), so even that eggless variant of mayo is off the table for me. I'm as of yet unsure whether I'll getting another cheat period for the Easter holidays tho...

Huh. I didn't know that was a thing. coolio.

joined Aug 1, 2019

B-but mayonnaise is already made from egg?

EmergentLurker
joined Aug 1, 2019

I relate to Mao a lot.

I'm pretty terrible at actually making and contacting friends, it kinda sucks.

EmergentLurker
joined Aug 1, 2019

Everyone commenting on Gloria's Scottish accent. I'm more interested in Marnie's subtle British one written in there, don't know which region of England its supposed to be from though anyone from England here feel free to give the rest of us the rundown.

joined Aug 1, 2019

Not the kind of slut they were expecting.

EmergentLurker
joined Aug 1, 2019

I still have no idea how she even landed the job, isn't there supposed to be an entire interview process. If I could just show up somewhere and be employed I'd have done it by now.

EmergentLurker
joined Aug 1, 2019

The voyages were long, and your biological age would end up getting shifted compared to your actual age.

Mira bothered accounting for interstellar time dilation in a smut story? Now that's dedication.

That's also one of the wait-what parts of the setting I mentioned, as time dilation being actually relevant implies interstellar travel slow and inconvenient enough to render the whole premise of shipping bulk raw materials over such distances quite ridiculous. Just mine your local system of reference instead - plenty of stuff in the asteroids and whatnots, jeez.

To speak nothing of that half-baked mine scavenging business in the same context...

I have no idea how time dillation works. Does faster than light travel make you older or younger?

It's one of those things involving special relativity but to simplify it. When you go really fast, like approaching the speed of light fast, time goes slower for you and faster for everyone else so you travel forward in time. The faster you move the further forward in time you go which makes it look like you don't age while the rest of the universe does.

It doesn't really become relevant till you've been traveling at, at least, half the speed of light for a few decades though.

EmergentLurker
joined Aug 1, 2019

The voyages were long, and your biological age would end up getting shifted compared to your actual age.

Mira bothered accounting for interstellar time dilation in a smut story? Now that's dedication.

EmergentLurker
Image Comments 27 Jan 22:37
joined Aug 1, 2019
60182771_p0

Can we talk about how incredible this image is. I'm no expert but it looks like a legitimate watercolor painting.

joined Aug 1, 2019

That end page animation.

EmergentLurker
Image Comments 24 Jan 23:05
joined Aug 1, 2019
78171816_p0

I found a cute SFM animation of these pokegrills. I'd recommend giving it a watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezrOMLrFdY4

EmergentLurker
joined Aug 1, 2019

Geez those bindings. I'm a dude and even I could feel that. please don't.

EmergentLurker
joined Aug 1, 2019

Man I wish getting a job was that easy.

EmergentLurker
joined Aug 1, 2019

See octopi can be female too.

I just looked up octopus reproduction... I can see why they'd prefer yuri.

EmergentLurker
joined Aug 1, 2019

Was this a missed opportunity.
[] yes
[] Definitely
[] Absolultely

EmergentLurker
Mimi Mix! discussion 18 Oct 04:22
joined Aug 1, 2019

I don't mind kemonomimi high up on the head, I'm willing to handwave the implicit rearrangement of associated cranial internals; but having both those and regular human ears smacks of a bad case of trying to have your cake and eat it too and basically makes no fucking sense either anatomically or aesthetically. Also renders one pair completely superfluous.

The attached animal ear would have to be purely aesthetic anyway since any attempt to actually connect them to our cochlea from the positions they're placed at would require digging through both the motor & sensory cortex. Having animal ears isn't too beneficial for a brain damaged vegetable. The only way it would work without significant brain damage was if the ears were placed on the side of the head Catra style.

last edited at Oct 18, 2019 4:22AM

EmergentLurker
joined Aug 1, 2019

I cringed so bloody hard when they threw the flashlight in the tub.

JUST. FUCKING. DON'T!

EmergentLurker
joined Aug 1, 2019

Honestly surprised Sakurako's favourite thing to eat isn't Kasumi.

Also Kasumi's new hair colour & Sakurako's new haircut made me think I clicked on the wrong thing for a bit.

last edited at Sep 30, 2019 9:38PM

EmergentLurker
Lily Marble discussion 24 Sep 10:41
joined Aug 1, 2019

I feel bad for Tsubasa.
She's clearly getting tired of everyone mistaking her for a guy all the time. Especially with all the admirers expecting a different gender, must drive someone crazy.

EmergentLurker
joined Aug 1, 2019

This should at the very least have a subtext tag. Maybe yuri crush tag, Suzu is really very unsubtle.

EmergentLurker
joined Aug 1, 2019

Hole-filled sheets those cat-kickers are intercoursing psycopaths!

EmergentLurker
BADLAND discussion 11 Sep 19:43
joined Aug 1, 2019

Yea, it could work as a longer story in that setting, but imo for what this one-shot set to do it was good. There's obviously a lot information that will be hand-waved for the sake of keeping it focus, which longer series could go more into depth. I can see the final conclusion being different in longer series, but as a ending for a one-shot I think it works just fine. It being kinda shitty was the whole point. Also didn't see that double twist coming, which was great, because it was a good one. That's how you should do them.

I suppose... I guess I'm just disappointed. A military sci-fi yuri where the main protagonist has to actually use her brain to solve problems is something I've wanted to see since forever.

EmergentLurker
BADLAND discussion 11 Sep 10:39
joined Aug 1, 2019

Honestly, this needs to be longer. It has the makings of a rather interesting sci-fi thriller.

There are so many things we don't know that you could use for this story. Like what's that android act? Why are there bots attacking them? Who do they work for? What about the real Alicia?

EmergentLurker
joined Aug 1, 2019

Heh, they're all thirsty.

Just for different reasons.