Forum › Posts by kittey

joined Sep 5, 2018

This somehow looked familiar… Turns out this release took the translation from Danbooru from six years ago.

I hope it's not a problem

It’s generally good courtesy to credit the translators when you’re taking another group’s translation. In the case of Danbooru, multiple users might’ve contributed, some more, some less. I’ve seen “Translation: the Danbooru fairies” on a few credit pages before. In this case, the editor obviously had no courtesy, but I’ve never seen anyone on Danbooru complain about not being credited, so don’t worry too much.

Edit by kittey: Editor did give credit, just not here.

last edited at Jul 29, 2020 9:58AM

joined Sep 5, 2018

The end result seems to be a win-win situation that should be continued for more than three nights.

This somehow looked familiar… Turns out this release took the translation from Danbooru from six years ago.

joined Sep 5, 2018

[I'm] With Her Who Likes My Sister
"Her" is the object in the title, there is no subject. The title we want would be something like Living with a Girl Who's into My Sister

Shouldn't it have a comma before "who" though?

“Who likes my sister” is a restrictive relative clause, which is not separated by commas.

kittey
joined Sep 5, 2018

I'm looking for some good romance stories. I would appreciate ones that have a good/happy ending. I am fine with Drama, Angst, and NSFW. Also, it doesn't matter if it's a Doujin, Series, or One-Shot.

Feel free to browse through my list of romance favorites. I prefer good/happy endings too, so I’m sure you’ll be able to find something there.

kittey
joined Sep 5, 2018

Please recommend me stories where the dominant and submissive roles are clear.

Top? Bottom? A Three-Round Bout!

joined Sep 5, 2018

It’s not the user name you can tap, it’s the post count right below it.

joined Sep 5, 2018

Pitting two of my favorite character types – the introvert and the childhood friend – against each other end one of them will probably end up hurt; love triangles are cruel. :< I hope it gets resolved before the end end we don’t get an unsatisfying open end (or a Nice Boat end).

Middle school friend said: You’re just as cruel for letting me confess to someone like that, Mei!

Wow. Talk about blame-passing. That’s beyond unreasonable even for middle schooler standards.

last edited at Jul 9, 2020 10:32AM

kittey
Image Comments 03 Jul 17:06
joined Sep 5, 2018
82579138_p0

Technically not Marriage but 9th wedding anniversary. Since their marriage 9 years ago, the artist posts an anniversary pic every year at the beginning of June.

joined Sep 5, 2018

Expected a Raspberry Pi 4 in the first chapter. Was disappointed.

Oh well, I’ll stay for the extreme gaming.

joined Sep 5, 2018

the idea of the first time having to involve blood is just an excuse for straight people to normalize pain during sex.

Less an excuse to normalize pain during sex and more a result of shitty sex ed that doesn’t explain things properly or actually intentionally mentions pain to scare teens away from having sex (hint: it’s not very effective). It’s crazy how many people believe that if you give teens comprehensive sex ed, they will immediately start going at it like rabbits, even though research shows exactly the opposite: teens that received proper sex ed have their first time later than teens that received lacking or no sex ed. Who would’ve thought that giving someone more information leads to better decision-making… /rant

kittey
Forum Rules 17 Jun 17:26
joined Sep 5, 2018

Multiple spam comments by this user.

joined Sep 5, 2018

So Shiori knows what their faces look like when they’re lusting over each other because she looks in a mirror when she’s lusting over Saori? That’s some next-level selftwincest.

Not too fond of the “mutually unrequited” trope because in every such story, there’s a requited relationship that could be happening instead.

kittey
joined Sep 5, 2018

All the best slice of life romance you know pls "w"

joined Sep 5, 2018

When all these new chapters came out, I only read chapter 7 again and with lots of focus on Nagi and Yuuka in the new chapters, I somehow totally thought that they were the alpha couple and Tsubaki and Hiyori were the beta couple, so when the kiss happened, I thought it was the usual case of the beta couple’s relationship progressing faster than the alpha couple’s… and then I checked the first chapter and realized that Tsubaki and Hiyori were supposed to be the main characters. Alpha couple gets to kiss first? How can you betray my expectations like that, author-san? But we’re getting more yuri than the expected subtext, so it’s all good. :D

joined Sep 5, 2018

how can she not tell from her voice tho.
Like it's a manga, so I can suspend my disbelief to an extent but,,,, It would literally be a dead give away.

There are people who sound like they could be either gender. You could also say that since Ookuma believes Kanda to be a guy she subconsciously hears her voice as being more masculine than it may actually be.

Yep, pretty much that. During a vacation with friends, we met a bunch of drunk middle-aged ladies on a train and for some reason that I can’t remember, they tried to guess one of my friend’s age. They were split between “he’s about 18” and “he’s about 24”. You should’ve seen their faces when my friend told them that she was 33. She doesn’t even have a deep voice or anything and doesn’t try to pass as a guy either, but just because she looks and dresses very tomboyishly, the drunkards were convinced she’s a guy and didn’t question that even though all of us were laughing our asses off during the whole happening.

last edited at May 31, 2020 7:55PM

joined Sep 5, 2018

(I also read the new chapter elsewhere.)
That hug was so cute with Himari leaning into it like that on page 39. That scene was already great by itself, so I’m glad that their first kiss was saved for another time that will without doubt be just as wholesome.
Looks like this series will continue for a while and I hope we’ll get to see more of these two lovebirds, no matter what might be going on around them.

kittey
joined Sep 5, 2018

“Idiot couple” is the usual translation for bakappuru, but this tag’s description doesn’t match the common use for bakappuru at all. An idiot couple is a couple that flaunts their lovey-doveyness to the annoyance of anyone around them. It doesn’t mean two stupid characters or Useless Lesbians. :<

See here, here or here (especially the part about PDA).

last edited at May 28, 2020 11:28AM

joined Sep 5, 2018

Is the Idiot Couple tag new?
I need to add it to all of Ayano x Miyoshi chapters

Please don’t. An idiot couple flaunts their lovey-doveyness to the annoyance of anyone around them. I don’t think Ayano and Miyoshi qualify for that. They’re Useless Lesbians, but there’s no tag for that.

last edited at May 28, 2020 11:04AM

kittey
Suito-to! discussion 27 May 17:19
joined Sep 5, 2018

Women love sweets and men don’t seems to be a common stereotype in Japan. I remember that coming up in a few genderswap mangas where the male-to-female swapped character enjoys stuffing their face with sweets, which they couldn’t do before.

joined Sep 5, 2018

Asexuality, bisexuality and homosexuality mentioned and used correctly in a comedy manga? Mind blown. Also dat narcissism. And it seems senpai is a healthy girl? This series truly is a gold mine.

But the tailbone is further down, so the tail should be starting roughly at the top of the butt crack. It must be below the sacrum, so it can’t be coming out in the middle of the lower back…

Artistic license, hm?

The author specifically included an explaination that the tail comes out of the tailbone because it’s an extension of the spine… and then evokes artistic license to place it elsewhere? °_°

joined Sep 5, 2018

Ms Childhood Friend is sending some mixed messages…
Also dat smartphone.

kittey
joined Sep 5, 2018

Is Izumi the only one that has no color in her name?

Hers is blue. Aota (Aoi) Izumi. Red/Blue for the sideship.

Red and blue? We should’ve seen that coming from miles away.

joined Sep 5, 2018

Husky and Medley are still together 12 years later, they got engaged after their 10th anniversary!

Source? They tweeted at their 11th anniversary last year, but now that tweet is gone and their Twitter account is protected. :<

joined Sep 5, 2018

I vaguely remember a scene like this somewhere ... "why did you stop?" "Because you said ..." "I didn't mean ...!" Something like that. But I can't remember where.

I could’ve sworn that that’s from a NicoMaki doujin (bottom Nico ofc), but I can’t find it. :<

kittey
Forum Rules 07 May 13:25
joined Sep 5, 2018

Linkspam comment at the bottom: https://dynasty-scans.com/images/11615