Return? But... had she ever left?

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

So happy with all the positive comments! <3
I was afraid the 'cheating' tag would bring all the toxic whackjobs to the thread.
But it looks like Manio is too much for them to handle, hehe.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Aww, last release?
Not translating anymore? ( ͡ಠ ʖ̯ ͡ಠ)
Welp, back to reading it in Spanish, I guess. ¯⧵_( ͠° ͟ʖ ͠°)_/¯

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I expected this to be about hip hop gangsta girls, not Al-Capone-style gangsta girls.

I feel kinda cheated.

last edited at Feb 24, 2023 10:47AM

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

What's funny is that there are lots 'n lots of JKs around but they're all talking and laughing and being really loud and no one is listening to MahiMahi... except Yuu. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Yuu is the only one who is paying attention to MahiMahi, with both ears open wide and attuned to their voices.

I find her grumpiness at the end utterly hilarious (and a tad endearing ngl). If she's listening to them with such rapt attention, she has no right to complain if she doesn't like what she heard. (⌒.-)=★

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

"Bad breath!?"
Don't ruin the manga for me...
I can't look at the kisses of Yomotsuka and Itsumi in the same way ever again... ( ͡ಠ ʖ̯ ͡ಠ)

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

^
Elisha's household. (⁀ ᗢ⁀)

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

The unnamed patrons who crowd the tavern are not just background filling. They are the secret heroes of the story.

I love how they keep ordering food and drinks no matter what happens. (I really feel like some umeshu and croquettes right now!)

And the EXPLOSION OF REJOICING when the waitress finally gathers the courage to ask Midori her contact info? Epic, that.

That was not what she was supposed to ask!! Grr.

The meaning of Midori's words is transparent. « You see, I did my best and broke up with my asshole boyfriend! Now it's your turn to do your best! Do what you have to do! » It's fucking obvious she has realized Kyouko's feelings and wants Kyouko to confess!!!!

Midori knows these things take courage so she made a public display of courage to inspire Kyouko.

And how does Kyouko react? She barely manages to ask Midori her contacts!! Rejoice? Pshaw. Talk about a letdown. :(

She did confess... in a Japanese way. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Natsume Sōseki said it: Japanese sensibility wants subtlety and nuance. That's why rather than saying "I love you" you should say "The moon is beautiful, isn’t it?"
Or like Madarame said to Saki: "That day you had a nose hair sticking out!" lol
Or like Kyouko said to Midori: "Could you tell me your contact info?"

The love message is perfectly conveyed like that.

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

"I made my first cicada friend! I still don't get what's a cicada friend though. Maybe a friend that lasts only one summer?"

last edited at Feb 15, 2023 10:24PM

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Horns... or hair?

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Grandma might be my favorite character, she knows what's up.

Hehe.

Hehe.

Hehe.

Hehe.

Hehe.

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Xiaoen is clearly very conscious of matters of seniority and ranks. ;-) As far as she is concerned, she and that granny are of the same generation!

How dare a 19-year-old baby try to woo her of all people!?

That damn gerontophile!!

What's funniest is that this is exactly what Xiaoen is thinking. It ain't even a joke.

And she's plainly not the only one. Even the older Wang said it: "Xiaoen date a 19-year-old? C'mon, she's not such a big pervert!"

I think I finally understand why Mu Xiaoen has such an important job as the boss of the whole farm—even though most of the time she just goofs around and lets her subordinates take care of things for her.
It's all about seniority. Her status in the family is so high, only such a high position is right for her. Like in xianxia novels where the sect hierarchy is always based on family ties.

HEY!! Don't go comparing Xiaoen to some worthless pretentious bad guy gongzi! (pouts)

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Ants??? Uh... I guess it's ok... I heard they have lots of protein... ahahahah... (sweatdrops)

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Anyone wanna bet how long till she eats her words? (⁰͡ ͜ʖ⁰͡ )

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I guess it's one of those "Aww poor baybee!" kind of stories?

That's 100% fine by me! I love me some pity-fest fiction from time to time!

And there's the Yuri tag so sooner or later there will be somebody to comfort poor baby witch. All's right with the world!

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018
En-104804668_p0-1

Does a 31-year-old adult have the right to let a wee little teenager mess with her like that? Show some grown-up dignity, woman!

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Wait wait, are they actually together?

Nope, Miyoshi is talking to Ayano the way you talk to your bff. In Japan, at least.

For a Japanese person, talking like that to somebody you're actually dating would be completely out of the question. Too embarrassing. But if your bestie calls you in the middle of the night, bawling about a dream where you didn't like her anymore, it's a-okay to swear eternal love to her and promise to make her your wife.

Also what was happening in the last page, I don’t really get it?

My educated guess is that Miyoshi couldn't go back to sleep after Ayano's call; so, lacking anything better to do, she called Ai and asked her if she would do for Chie all the things Miyoshi had claimed she would do for Ayano. And I'm guessing Ai said she wouldn't want to share a grave with Chie—prompting Miyoshi to immediately call Chie and rat out Ai as a fickle and disloyal lover. Lol, poor Ai. (⁀ ᗢ⁀)

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

What are you, Han Solo?

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

^ Andá, si vos una vez te escribiste un tango para un personaje de manga. (⁀ ᗢ⁀) ~♪

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Kill that director. ( う-´)づ ︻╦̵̵̿╤──

How dare he make Gu Xizhi apologize? It's all HIS fucking fault!

White Rose
Omajinai discussion 26 Jan 22:41
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Oh I know, stop using the power of alcohol to express how you feel. This trope is so frequent in Japanese and Korean yuri story that sometimes I wonder what would they do if alcohol didn't exist ?

Ever heard of Truth in Television? Well, this is Truth in Manga. (⌒◡⌒)b

On another note, it's my first time seeing a character contend the maturity of another character (and thus their capability to feel and understand adult love) with the argument "You look inquisitively into shoujo manga!" I got a good laugh out of that one.

last edited at Jan 26, 2023 10:43PM

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

The chronological order of events has me a teeny tiny bit confuzzled.

Am I right to assume that the part when Miriko speaks to Komugi and introduces herself as Rurika's fan is supposed to be the final event in the chapter's timeline?

White Rose
White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

^ Miyoshi has been practicing on Ai's belly button.