Forum › Posts by cecile

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Why do I keep hurting myself with this manga?

Masochism, evidently.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Y'know, R&J is at the same time really well written (some lines are excelent) and a very ridiculous little thing. It is honestly a terrible love story. I recommend everyone read it once in their lives so we all mock it together.

Edit: oh, but I agree with the argument that death does not betray the point of a love story (like, at all).

last edited at Jan 3, 2024 7:04PM

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

I CAN FINALLY KILL MYSELF

Please don't

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

I am absolutely devastated by Kaori's death, but I would have been disappointed if she'd survived. It wouldn't have made sense. A lot of the previous scenes would have lost all meaning.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

This was one of the most poignant and beautiful pieces of manga I've read in my life. I'm glad I came across it. And I'm seriously glad this chapter didn't end in a cliffhanger.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Happy New Year to the translators on this site!

they spend most of their time
living in a translations' paradise
clean, edit, q-checking twice or thrice
it's hard work on translating
proofreading, typesetting, and coordinating

Paradise is a strong word. Ever tried cleaning and redrawing sfx over flowery background?

I'm aware that translating is no joke. although, this is meant to be a joke song.

Yup, I meant it in a playful way. Internet communication is complicated (I probably should have used a tone indicator, I guess).

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Happy New Year to the translators on this site!

they spend most of their time
clean, edit, q-checking twice or thrice
it's hard work on translating
proofreading, typesetting, and coordinating

Paradise is a strong word. Ever tried cleaning and redrawing sfx over flowery background?

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Wow, talk about a blast from the past. The last time I've read this one, nobody has ever heard of a "coronavirus" before...

I hate to nitpick but SARS was 2002.

It was a colorful exaggeration. I am aware that epidemiologists have been studying coronaviruses since the 1930s, I was merely pointing out that the previous update of this manga's translation was published several weeks before the novel coronavirus later designated COVID-19 was reported to the CCDC, much less to the general public.

Jokes are like frogs. :-)

Yeah, I got the joke. It's just... I don't want people to forget SARS and MERS. But it's new years eve, we should probably be talking about happier stuff. Sorry for bringing the mood down.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Wow, talk about a blast from the past. The last time I've read this one, nobody has ever heard of a "coronavirus" before...

I hate to nitpick but SARS was 2002.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

I think there should be more cats

I support this petition.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

What are the odds it ends in a polycule with Himawari involved?

Probably pretty low considering all the extras the author has drawn that just depict the main couple, I'd guess, but it still seems like several of Himawari's interactions with our main ladies are basically flirting.

Extras? There's extras? Where can I find those?

cecile
Love Bullet discussion 06 Dec 20:01
Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

"I wanted to fall in love, now I have regrets" -> "Ok, become a cupid and never get the chance to fall in love ever again because rules say so"

Now I wonder who is forcing this on the girls. It's clearly not with the best intentions in mind. x.x

I mean, last chapter it was stated that they do all that work in order to get a second chance at life (and thus, love). It’s possible the story could take a dark turn into “they’re lying to you” territory, but’s it also conceivable that being a cupid is a sort of purgatory for souls who want to try again.

Subarashiki Kono Sekai vibes

Criminy! I thought Neku had it rough!

Actually, cupid duty seems a lot more fun than the reaper game. Not as many cool songs and outfits, though.

cecile
Love Bullet discussion 06 Dec 05:15
Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

"I wanted to fall in love, now I have regrets" -> "Ok, become a cupid and never get the chance to fall in love ever again because rules say so"

Now I wonder who is forcing this on the girls. It's clearly not with the best intentions in mind. x.x

I mean, last chapter it was stated that they do all that work in order to get a second chance at life (and thus, love). It’s possible the story could take a dark turn into “they’re lying to you” territory, but’s it also conceivable that being a cupid is a sort of purgatory for souls who want to try again.

Subarashiki Kono Sekai vibes

cecile
Love Bullet discussion 01 Dec 21:00
Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

While I appreciate Koharu's attempt at resolving things while saving the trio's friendship, I worry that it might come to harm Aoi more in the future. In Daito's case he can at least go "Well, Hina is gay, so I never really had a shot to begin with" but Aoi might end up with lingering feelings of regret; "I had a shot after all and I wasted it"

Hina could be bi. In fact, she probably is, given that the cupids mention they need to check for compatibility before even considering shooting people.

I can't help but feel there was an extremely obvious solution to this problem that was overlooked... Oh well.

Sadly, Canno wasn't consulted during the making of this story.

last edited at Dec 1, 2023 9:01PM

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

I'm confused.... Is her father permanently stuck as a woman? Or are her parents just making out all the time so it's always the case? Because they said there's no precedent for someone becoming stuck but the story seems to imply her father is unable to become a man again.

It was weird that he didn't want to go to parents day at Chihaya's school because he was a woman at the time... Like... If the curse lasts 24hours max can't you just NOT kiss your wife for a day?

Maybe he wants to stay permanently as a woman now, so a kiss a day keeps the dick away¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

I suggest reading the speech bubble again:

"To change forever from just a kiss? Currently there's been no precedent for that."

Meaning "just a kiss" is not enough for a permanent change. The permanent change happened, it's just not yet explained how.

Another clue is on pg 28:

"I knew what the risks were. With the Shishizaki curse. Being with Chisaki. And I married her anyway. But when it actually happened, I didn't really understand what I was getting into. I was really concerned with what my children might think."

The "but when it actually happened" bit refers to the permanent change.

My first thought was the sex, but Shishizaki has an older brother, so that rules it out. Wonder what's causing the permanent change? Room for speculation there, heh

Could be a twin. Although honestly thinking about the mechanics of this curse gives me a headache, so I think I'll just ignore the specifics.

MC giving me egg trans girl vibes.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Granted, I’m not sure if such measures were necessary here, but it is a major family secret, so the paranoia and least makes sense from a story perspective. My question is what exactly they were planning to do if he failed the test. Like, were they planning on to give him a second cup of tea? He already thinks you poisoned the first cup, so why would he accept any other drinks?

Or maybe the entire amnesia tea thing is bullshit and they were just messing with the guy.

cecile
Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

That went well enough, there's still time for a proper confession once Riri has had some time to get her feelings in order again.

The ball's in Riri's court, now, I expect she'll be the one to confess to Uda (once we get past the "notice me, senpai" part of the story).

cecile
Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

I've enjoyed this arc, but I'm definitely itching for a fresh chapter of Mashiro and Nagi being cute together (maybe a white day chapter?) to balance out the recent angst.

balance out the recent angst.

I for one live for the angst. The more the... merrier? No, that doesn't seem right.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Huh, tandem Groundhog Day or mundane isekai?

Could be Inception, maybe.

Or maybe they're ghosts now.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

What a treat of a chapter.
Now, if the silver haired manager could stop what she's trying to do right now, it'd be perfect.
Thanks for the update!

Noo. Let them suffer. I want the drama.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Oh look it me

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Also,modern and post modern mainstream art is nothing but a sham used by rich people to launder money around in order to avoid paying taxes,what you find online made by either humans or AI programs is where the real art is at.

I was going to recommend you a few really cool contemporary artists, like Theo Jansen, to show that there's a lot of really creative stuff out there, even in mainstream...

But then you go and call AI "the real art" and I figured I gain nothing from this conversation.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

I never in my life would have imagined I'd find a reference to a Gabriel Garcia Marquez book in a Yuri manga.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Edit: hold on, this is chapter 30. Does that mean we're getting a whole volume 7 now? Five more chapters would be nice.

Based on what the author has said, it sounds like we have 2 more chapters, and that Volume 6 is just bigger than normal.

I see. Thanks.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Code Red! Lethal overdose of the word "tomorrow"!

yeah the moment Shizuku started thinking about how she couldn't wait for tomorrow to come it was all over. The two of them might get one last moment together where Kaori gets to the end of the story but that's really going to be their last moment together isn't it.

Yes, I think we've narrowed our narrative options to:

• Happy Ending: Kaori reads the final chapter, then she dies.

• Sad Ending: Kaori does not get to read the final chapter. She dies instead.

My money's on an intermediate option, where Kaori survives but is too weak to read, so Shizuku reads to her. She dies around midnight with all her friends and family at the hospital.

Edit: hold on, this is chapter 30. Does that mean we're getting a whole volume 7 now? Five more chapters would be nice.

last edited at Oct 30, 2023 1:36PM