Forum › Posts by Skywallker

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I think Makino is about to get really honest with her family

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

A scene like this feels a bit odd when you're in the middle of reading "you're the cutest in the world"

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I guess... it's an asexual marriage? No kiss (except the one that came with a slap), separate bedrooms forever.
Sure, that's cool. Not satisfying from a story perspective, but if the author really wanted it that way, okay.

You people are aware that it's not uncommon for married people to have seperate bedrooms in Japan right?
It's 'practical and polite'

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

So we never see them demolish that rule huh

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Why is she so nervous? She basically already got confessed to

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

She can repay her debt to her sister by coming out first. Unless that actually would put more pressure, depends on the parents. Anyone notice that, in a way, the parents found the best male match possible? Puts up with her being a lesbian, scummy, materialistic, a user, etc. because she makes him laugh. Makes me wonder how well the parents really know Makino. Actually, if they're aware of how lesbian she is, that's rather depressing.

Her sister came out first, that's why we're in this mess to begin with

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Guys, if your girl sends a knife wielding Psycho your way, that's a rejection

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I'm less familiar with Japanese Isekai specifically but usually stories about being transported to a fantasy world are escapist fodder where you can leave your boring life and go become a big deal somewhere more exciting with bigger stakes

With so many Japanese works, the trendy topics end up being included just cause and half the stuff that comes out don't even use the genre properly. But the best works do use it properly or has a good twist on it
Re:zero is a deconstruction where the escapist dude has a mental breakdown over how hard actually living such a world is
Konosuba is a parody where the escapist dude is too lazy and petty to properly live out his dream come true
Tanya the evil has the main character be tortured by a disgruntled god
So I'm a spider is a survival/death game arranged by a rouge god (the mc in this one so darn entertaining)
The one that made the genre big, sword art online, is about trying to escape the escapism
I've been killing slimes is therapy for a poor worker who worked herself to death

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Ch 11. Natori: I want you to want me.
Ch 12 Lapis: Okay, I want you.
Natori: what da hell?

N: I didn't mean it like that!
L: too late, your ass is mine!

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Lapis: I have a new assignment for you
Natori: yes mistress lapis, shall I get you your tea or sort your paperwork?
Lapis: you shall marry me and make me happy untill my death, don't fail me

(Continued in the next Natori Dub of this manga)

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Y'all crazy, it's defo gonna be Study mate, nobody else makes an ounce of sense (even if Rina would be hilarious)

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

No justice for Akira T_T

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

this chapter is hetero?

It's her family...

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Angry Narcissist Mom doesn't realize she has just set up her daughter's love life for good. It's funny and yet sad how wholeheartedly she believes that Makino will come crawling back to her, when, in fact, she has just put a big fat X on her entire plans for her. My only concern is that angry narcissists usually cause a lot of harm because admitting they were wrong is more terrifying to them than a capital offense.

It's because the mom genuinely believes that Makino is a useless flaker who has nothing going for her other than a nice face

Honestly I have been waiting for Makino to run away from home but it looks more like she's on the path to get disowned now

I also stand by my prior comment "Dad be like: am I even a character?"

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Speaking of important stuff, one thing that hasn't been shown yet but we definitely will get to see next chapter is the chat between Makino and Mashiro about the episode at the jeweller's! Mashiro will demand to know what was going on at the time... and after Makino explains I suspect Mashiro, faithful to her role as Makino's Jiminy Cricket, will tell her to return card, ring and everything to that guy. "You should buy me a ring with the money you earned yourself, Makino-chan!" Or something along the lines.

And Makino will retort: "No way, I got this through my special talent! Besides he won't miss a few pennies"

last edited at Oct 3, 2023 5:06PM

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Did author San... Just say that? Oh myyyy

As for the chapter, Yayyy, Vi-o-lence! Vi-o-lence!

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Did people miss that Lillian implied that her plan specifically involved pushing Ciel towards coming to Evris aid?

last edited at Sep 30, 2023 7:11PM

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I'm a bad person, because the prospect of her marrying this guy so she can spend all of his money on her mistress is the first time I've been interested in the manga. I want to see the fireworks in the comments if the manga about a scumbag owns it and has the most scummy conclusion possible.

Although on further consideration, I guess it wouldn't even be a particularly scummy ending for this set of characters. In fact, it actually seems like it would be a happy ending for all involved. Scumbag-chan didn't seem to think twice about marrying a guy as long as he gives her money. Rich guy would know about her mistress, since he'll know what she's spending money on, and from his actions so far, it doesn't seem like he cares about concepts like "love" as long as he gets to marry a cute girl. And the sex worker of all people should have nothing to complain about if her lover sleeps with a rich dude to set her up for life. Especially when the entire reason the girl she loves wants money, is because she's charging her for sex and dates like any other client...

Just two things
* Both scummy and Mashiro very much do care about who they are with
* The most scummy ending would be her robbing him of his inheritance

Skywallker
(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Heck, I'll take a yuri version of LOTR any day !

Frodina!
Sam!

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

What the heck am I supposed to read from that expression? That she's actually a cat?

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Next time Makino books Maron, expect Maron to show up wearing a hockey mask and holding something sharp and pointy

An ink pen?

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

So quick to blame herself... Though that's in line with her mental state

I'm getting a bit of "Yuri is my job" vibes from this chapter, the love interest being incapable of reading the mc even though the mc tries to be as open as possible about how they think

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I never thought sneakerhead yuri was something i wanted until i had it! I love these weird girls. But wow, 20000 yen today is $135, i also wonder where she got the money for them.

She buys them while they're still affordable

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

<--

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Metja metja Djai shuki