Forum › Posts by Hokuto

Hokuto
joined Aug 22, 2016

I’m just a little disappointed because I expected a little more understanding from Yuu.

It's her first time confessing, girl thought she jumped the gun there. Remember that Yuu has been expecting rejection more so than acceptance from Touko so Touko saying "I'm sorry" comes off as an answer to her. Classic misunderstanding.

Not to mention the fact that she just broke her long standing promise to Touko. It's understandable that she freaked out and ran.

Yeah like I acknowledge that i thought it was Yuu that said she was sorry in that moment, not Nanami. But let’s ignore the course of discussion.

Hokuto
joined Aug 22, 2016

I’m just a little disappointed because I expected a little more understanding from Yuu.

It's her first time confessing, girl thought she jumped the gun there. Remember that Yuu has been expecting rejection more so than acceptance from Touko so Touko saying "I'm sorry" comes off as an answer to her. Classic misunderstanding.

Ah, yeah. I thought Yuu was repeatedly saying she was sorry. I didn’t notice that was Nanami’s reply. My bad.

last edited at Jul 30, 2018 8:33PM

Hokuto
joined Aug 22, 2016

I don’t think this will take long and with the month delay, I’m guessing the manga will probably end along side the anime.

And my gods, please don’t start blaming Nanami for stuff. She had blinded herself for so long I would be surprised is she wasn’t taken aback by the confession. It’s not like she needs punished for something.

last edited at Jul 30, 2018 8:42PM

Hokuto
joined Aug 22, 2016

Ugh...

joined Aug 22, 2016

In this case, I'm just as worried about what will happen to the father as I am the couple if the mother finds out -_-II
Anyway, cute and I liked the twist as well.

last edited at Jul 29, 2018 8:58PM

Hokuto
Their Story discussion 29 Jul 12:08
joined Aug 22, 2016

No Mo again...

Hokuto
Happy Nest discussion 26 Jul 14:36
joined Aug 22, 2016

Sadly there is some slut shaming and condemning of sexual females in this discussion. Yuka once dated a lot wanting to find her view of a perfect guy for her, but she began spending her nights in a manga cafe and gave up dating after presumably being hurt by a guy that she was serious about, but he wasn't so serious about her. Not once is there any indication that Yuka sleeps around with just anyone.

Satsuki does have a lot of transient relationships which is something not to be shamed. It is no personal business of mine how many people another sleeps with. I only care that those who enjoy and seek out multiple relations do so with respect and emotional responsibility which leads to my issue with Satsuki.

I do not think she is as clear with those she has relationships with as she could or should be. The first girl we saw understood the situtation, but the second that arrived at the apartment clearly had some misunderstandings. I do not believe the second girl was a stalker as we see that Satsuki brings girls back to her apartment, the second girl would know where she lives, and this was the first time she came after Satsuki. Turn the second girl into the protag of a romcom or romantic drama and many would be rooting for her to get the player to settle down. Make her a stalker and the Yandere fetish would show up in discussion. Sleeping with a woman and then saying she has a girlfriend really isn't convincing of anything. I don't blame the second girl for finding Satsuki's excuse suspect.

One thing I do like Satsuki for is that she makes it clear to Yuka that she doesn't keep girlfriends because she knows it wouldn't be right to have one and play around at the same time. She isn't out to hurt anyone, but eventually someone got the wrong idea because I don't think she is as clear with her intent as she should be. That said, I do think Satsuki is honest in her desire to date Yuka and only Yuka. To date Yuka and continue to sleep with others would violate the very reason Satsuki doesn't keep a girlfriend.

last edited at Jul 26, 2018 2:56PM

Hokuto
joined Aug 22, 2016

Seriously, come on, where is it? Has it been released and just needs translated? We need the sequel to the sequel!

The two parts came out about 4 years ago in consecutive issues of Yuri-Hime.

so there is no third part ? the author didn't continue it ?

Part 1 - https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/in_secret
Part 2 & 3 - https://dynasty-scans.com/series/teacher_graduation

Hokuto
joined Aug 22, 2016

I liked the ending as well. Given that Sensei still has regrets and lingering feelings for her friend from high school, an "I love you" from her would be odd in that moment. With Sensei returning Koharu's embrace and then later with both of them using first names, it is very clear the nature of their relationship. I'd be happy to see more, but I'm satisfied with what the author had produced.

I really think Koharu was just venting frustration over the amount of work she has to do, not actually asking Sensei to help her. Meeting up was just to be together. Honestly, I find it interesting how rattled so many readers get when romances in manga don't follow a strict and equally paced formula.

I think had we seen Sensei and Koharu suddely all into each other, Sensei's story of her friend and first love would have had less meaning. And it is very sweet and loving of Koharu to still want to be by Sensei's side knowing Sensei still has unresolved feelings.

last edited at Jul 25, 2018 2:25AM

Hokuto
Citrus discussion 19 Jul 20:22
joined Aug 22, 2016

The delusions are real.

Starting out, everything is decided for Mei. Her school, her future and even what happens to her body. Her father abandonds her leaving all the demnds of his life on her shoulders. Her "best friend" and fience are shown sexually assaulting her and when Mei may have found a new family, her step-sister is lusting after her.

Nope, Mei decided it all herself. She decided to stay with her grandpa over her father. She wasnt abandoned. She chose to be engaged to the teacher just like how she chose to get engaged to the manager. Yuzu wouldnt be lusting for her if Mei didnt choose to force herself on her on their first night together.

Mei isnt a victim. Everything she has ever done was the result of her own choices and actions.

"She decided to stay with her grandpa over her father. She wasn't abandoned."
Mei had always lived with her father and continued to live in his apartment after he left while her grandfather financially supported her. When her father left, Mei was only ten years old. And at such a young age, she decided to work for her family not because she felt she had a choice in the matter, but because she thought it was the only way to get her dad back. When we do see Mei's father, he openly admits that he left Mei knowing that she needed him, but he left anyway believing Mei, at only 10 years old, was able to take care of herself within a severly strict and demanding family.

"Yuzu wouldnt be lusting for her if Mei didnt choose to force herself on her on their first night together."
This comment implies that abuse leads to sexual attraction which is dangerous to say. The first night, Yuzu was making fun of the time Mei was being assaulted by her fiance. She kissed Yuzu to shut her up which isn't a response I condone, but Yuzu was being really inappropriate which really defines actions on both sides. Neither knows better, Mei does it for one reason and Yuzu does it for another and none of it was healthy. However, when both start to understand what these things mean, Mei retreats while Yuzu remains aggressive. The scene on the trip would have been rape had Yuzu not been interrupted which leads to the biggest issue with this manga, it implies abuse is okay so long as there is love. And that is another dangerous thing to say.

My frustration with the story is that neither Yuzu nor Mei are horrible people, just two teens that don't know any better yet while Yuzu is treated as an absolute angel, Mei is thrown under the bus by both readers and the author. Both characters are also used in a story where abusive behaviors are acceptable, easily forgiven or ignored. And then when the story can make anything out of itself, it becomes a story all about Yuzu and we see none of the development desperately needed from Mei beyond her looking depressed because this isn't what she wants -- only doing so because she feels she has no other choice, she doesn't know how to ask for help, and the writer decided to skip her development and rush an ending. @Blastaar makes some strong points on the last part there.

Hokuto
Citrus discussion 18 Jul 21:11
joined Aug 22, 2016

Mei is not a horrible person and she shows all the signs of learned helplessness. Honestly, I think it is amazing how Mei is able to hold together at all considering everything people have done to her.

Starting out, everything is decided for Mei. Her school, her future and even what happens to her body. Her father abandonds her leaving all the demnds of his life on her shoulders. Her "best friend" and fience are shown sexually assaulting her and when Mei may have found a new family, her step-sister is lusting after her.

I think the two most telling parts into Mei's position is when she talks to Yuzu's mom about love, but isn't sure if that's really the advice she need. The second is when the group goes on vaction and while Mei is getting used to the idea of kissing everyday, Yuzu then assaults Mei in the bedroom. Yuzu made sexual advances, Mei said no, Yuzu refused to stop and then we see Mei alone and destraught hugging herself. Going back, Yuzu wouldn't even try to understand Mei on Christmas and then recently when Mei did try to talk to Yuzu, Yuzu stopped her because Yuzu didn't want to hear it... even though Mei was hurting.

Mei is surrounded by people ignoring her true wants and trying to tell her how to be and what to do. Meanwhile Mei is uncertain of what she truly wants; A life with Yuzu or to live up to the expecations of her family. None of whom have made it easy for her to speak up and both of whom she truly cares for. The "easier" choice was just to do what her family wants though it really isn't easy at all. Mei feels helpless and not once in her life has she been taught, learned how to nor allowed how to speak for herself.

Now we get nothing from Mei's perspective to where clearly, and so far, the majority of this story is about Yuzu. I'm not sure how a chapter that is only 30 pages or so long will show us a clear development from Mei, but I want her to yell out. I want to see her boldly face the world and people around her and make her own choice. But her life has taught her that she doesn't have one. And in the end, she gets so much hate from readers. She's shamed, victim shamed, called a horrible person, bitch, and so on. But the one time she showed a cute side, the comments turn to loving her and "God Damnit Mei!". Great, Yuzu is getting tons of support and love while Mei is completely alone once again. Had Yuzu not shut her down when she wanted to talk would things be different?

Honestly, I don't want Mei with Yuzu. I want Mei with someone who would actually take the time to understand her and love her. The best pairing out of characters in this managa would be Harumin and Mei, but I know that will never happen.

last edited at Jul 18, 2018 9:22PM

Hokuto
joined Aug 22, 2016

Is this a WW2 story?

Not really, one photo says "1XX7" so either something before or after.

Nanking

During the Second Sino-Japanese War, the Battle of Nanjing occured in December of 1937. The Nanjing Massacre or Rape of Nanjing occured the same month where Japanese forces systematically raped and murdered the residents of the city for six weeks.

The city of Nanjing is in southern China and has a warm climate. The story is set somewhere in the far north. Nan (Southern) Jing (Capital)

The vague date is meant not to imply an specific battle, war or event. I believe the story is about the young women of Japan with war being used as a symbolic setting.

last edited at Jul 12, 2018 2:10PM

Hokuto
joined Aug 22, 2016

Very interesting and fits into a concept I've thought over time and time again where women, rather the generalized female, has been historically used to name the tools, conquests, pleasures and horrors of men from the general male perspective.

That's not all the story is of course, I found the element above in the text at the end, "My father told me a long time ago: Boats are women and women are the sea. All living creatures were born from it, a living soup, of blood, tears, and souls."
After reading the authors comments on Yuri-ism, the story is more about these naive young girls being thrown into complex world. A world that has pre-defined them.

Honestly, the first thought I had was of Kancolle where the ultimate tragic and depressive reality of the show hasn't been hidden behind moe and sex appeal.

last edited at Jul 12, 2018 1:42AM

Hokuto
joined Aug 22, 2016

Friends... Hey! Let's go make fun of the lesbian over there.
Chidori x Nanoha = Um... let's not tell them.

Anyway, who did Chidori give the present to?

joined Aug 22, 2016

The 4koma was more fun than the actual manga

That’s because abuse isn’t meant to be fun

Hokuto
Their Story discussion 29 Jun 02:30
joined Aug 22, 2016

Mo Xiao Non is her name and probably the only reason I keep reading. QT is fine, but I find Sun Jing obnoxious and I don’t really like her character. Even so, it does seem a proper arc is developing and I do hope Mo gets a proper end where she can move on, heal and find a girl that’s good for her.

Sun Jing leaving the class reps stuff laying in the street and then mocking him in class over it was the end of my appreciation for her character.

last edited at Jun 29, 2018 2:40AM

joined Aug 22, 2016

It wasn't inmediately... We just explained this...

Even if it isn't literally immediately (and yes, I could tell from that one panel some amount of time must've passed) it was still obviously very soon. Look how awkward they are around each other! They clearly are not comfortable being in the other's company, which to me indicates that this all happened very fast. And that one line "Even if I call it 'going out' it feels like we're just living together" confirms that impression.

I'm still convinced that they moved in together too soon.

Maybe, but that’s not really an issue if they can make it work, even with hilarious misunderstandings as this is a comedy. Personally, I like sudden relationships where the people involved learn more and become closer over time. It is endearing.

I do believe the author is wanting a whirlwind setup

last edited at Jun 28, 2018 9:27PM

joined Aug 22, 2016

I am at a loss, where do you see signs of cheating?

-one sided crush
-senpai
-living together without having sex

The protagonist is of the cuck type and the senpai is the type of character who has had a murky past (of the kind who succumbed to his desires due to the excessive stress of responsibilities) and currently wants to settle down but will eventually trip over the same stone .

Ignoring the comedy tag, I still don't see it. There are a lot, I'd even say the vast majority of Yuri manga that have a one sided crushe and/or the Senpai character where cheating isn't a theme at all. A romantic relationship without sex can mean a lot of things, but here the story shows a relationship that is still developing with a clear sexual interest shared between those involved. I think they're just taking their steps slowly after a rushed start.

Although it may not show up in the story.

Indeed, there are no indictions nor any evidence whatsoever in the story of the characters having the traits and histories you describe. Elements must be within a story to be part of the story and its characters or have a viable connection in some manner.

last edited at Jun 28, 2018 3:37PM

joined Aug 22, 2016

This smells strongly of NTR, again.

I am at a loss, where do you see signs of cheating?

I still have no idea what that battle underwear thing is. I mean, do people really buy specific underwear for work in Japan? Is it supposed to be sexier or plainer? What's the point of this all?

Personally I'd rather live with someone before getting to the sex stage. Don't matter how good the sex is if our household habits are at odds.

I beg to differ. It does matter.

I don't think they were saying that the quality of sex doesn't matter in a relationship. But that the quality of sex doesn't matter if other important aspects of a relationship are not working. Whether the relationship is casual or romantic, there should be good dynamics outside of the bedroom as well.

Quality of sex is important, but it isn't the only deciding factor of a good relationship.

Clothing, no matter what is worn, if often a confidence booster. A new dress, suit, shoes and to some even underwear can be a strong motivator. The point is that if you feel good about yourself, then you'll be more motivated and perform better. Such a boost helps in all sorts of situations where often times it is for the person themselves, but sometimes for others. I think the reason for the battle underwear here is to light some fire under their intimacy and bring it to the next level. Simply put, clothes have a lot of power. They can change how we view and feel about ourselves, but also with how people view and treat us. This isn't a Japan thing, but a global behavior.

I think the author wanted to portray the Kohai feeling as if she'd been thrown into a whilwind and came out all flustered and uncertain of how she ended up where she was, but despite that, she's really happy. I think readers are looking for the all too common linear romantic development with clear cut points of progress that can be easily defined.

last edited at Jun 28, 2018 3:15PM

joined Aug 22, 2016

It's an odd set up, two characters living together, with very blurred lines on whether they're actually dating or not

I think a better set up would've been the whole senpai-kohai past and the senpai responds to an ad to idk be a tenant in the same flat, something along those lines. Then you can still have the awkward "is this flirting? Is it not??" Without it being weird, as it's kind of odd to be this platonic after asking a girl out

I still find the MC super adorbs though so I will totally keep reading, hoping as it unfolds it'll make more sense

Senpai asked her kohai out, kohai accepted. Then again, we haven’t seen them hold hands, so they’re probably just friends.

last edited at Jun 28, 2018 3:35AM

joined Aug 22, 2016

Eh, it feels kind of weird. A sempai she'd had feelings for randomly wants to go out AFTER they've graduated college and been apart... Suddenly they're living together without any kind of physically relationship, probably not even a kiss. It just doesn't make any sense. Too much of it is skipped.

Then the focus is randomly on "battle underwear" having skipped any kind of relationship or character development. That's not how you do a good story.

The story I think focuses on their life now as adults and a couple, not how the became a couple. I take it that the one character held in her feelings and for one reason or another a distance was created after graduation which isn’t uncommon. The senpai may have loved her before the separation or realized she loved her while apart and decided to make contact. The senpai is shown wearing a different collared shirt when she gives her the key, so that happened after the confession. I think the younger woman is just expressing that everything happened really fast. As for intimacy, all relationships take their own pace.

Hokuto
joined Aug 22, 2016

Why is Yamada always so.... useless, when it comes to sex and stuff. She is such a starfish. Has she never heard of touching someone back? Makes me cringe

Hey, if Kase's happy, everybody's happy.

It is a common dynamic in yuri where there is the passive submissive character whom rarely or never reciprocates physically. Often the submissive will apologize for never doing anything, but their dominant partner will say they’re satisfied so long as the sub is satisfied. I think this is a popular fetish in Japan as well in general.

last edited at Jun 24, 2018 2:46PM

Hokuto
joined Aug 22, 2016

I feel like a lot happened... But I also feel like nothing happened.

Hokuto
joined Aug 22, 2016

Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice

Hokuto
joined Aug 22, 2016

Touko’s world is getting bigger now that she accepted what is hers. The big question is, will Yuu still be a part of it? Now that our darling sweetheart Yuu also admitted her true feelings for her senpai. I’m afraid that it will bring drama on the next.

There will likely be drama. I’m guessing Nanami will be taken aback and reject Yuu at first, but I’m still believing in a relationship ending when all is said and done.

Nanami is at a sort of reset point so I can equally see a non-relationship life affirming ending as well. A relationship that both would look back on fondly though both on different paths. No matter the type at the end, I do think the overall ending will happen.

The cover implies Nanami still being uncertain, so a confession from Yuu now may very likely throw Nanami off.

last edited at May 28, 2018 3:29AM