Forum › Posts by Minutoh

Minutoh
Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Was that shrine maiden tag always there? If it was, I must’ve completely missed it... at any rate, I’m surprised the tag page isn’t full of Touhou doujins.

Minutoh
Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

^ Probably complaining about the hypocrisy of companies claiming to support diversity, but refusing to try and employ her.

Ah okay, that makes more sense. It just seemed weird to me that a Japanese girl would even know about diversity since I don't think that topic would come up that much in such a homogeneous society... of course, what do I know about this though. Thanks!

Minutoh
Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Who is Sonoka again? I completely forgot who she is haha. I managed to remember everyone else (or at least the ones that appeared in the last chapter), but I just can't remember her. Alsoooo, what a great story. I always love fucked up shit, and I can see that Flowerchild Ueda will provide me with plenty of that.

last edited at Jun 8, 2020 8:18AM

Minutoh
Semelparous discussion 06 Jun 12:59
Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

I'm sensing death flags all around Rina... she's already proven to be a good addition to the cast for obvious reasons, so hopefully she survives the story.

Minutoh
Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Why did the big sister randomly complain about diversity on Page 2? Haha, I'm sure it means something else based on the context, but I still found it a bit amusing.

Minutoh
Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Looks like this Akari is kinda based on the other popular Akari (around these parts at least) since she has those same hair... sphere... things... I forgot what they're called, but you know what I'm talking about.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Sisters who are named Shakuyaku and Botan?!? Is this a random Ohio-sama reference? Well... most likely no since they’re probably just related flowers or something, but it’s still fun to think it is.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

What is that manga from the credit page anyway? I’m always looking for more yandere yuri (if it even is anyway), and I don’t recognize that one.

Minutoh
Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

I'm surprised to see that this isn't actually incest haha. Well, maybe it'll be one-sided incest at this rate.

Minutoh
Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Thanks for the really quick replies! Both of those manga were just as funny as I remembered :)

Minutoh
Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

I keep seeing someone's profile pic of a guy walking in on a popular girl or whatever hugging some doll or something. I recall reading it before and I found it amusing enough, but I can't recall the name. I was also looking for this thing with a white transfer student who is constantly stereotyped by a Japanese girl... and then it ends with sex. Does anyone know what these things are?

Minutoh
Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

People who've read the My Next Life as a Villainess light novel, would y'all recommend the anime? I'm interested in watching the anime, but I vaguely recall someone saying that any possibility of yuri disappears partway through the series. According to briefly reading through good ol' TV Tropes, it seems that's true for one girl but not for the other two? I'm kinda hesitant to watch it since I'll probably be annoyed if it's not a yuri end, but, yeah, what'd y'all say?

I don't know about the LN, but the manga is currently on the friendship route, because Bakarina is a dense bi-harem protag who doesn't understand anything

I see, well at least it appears that she's on the friendship route with everybody and not just the girls. That is a bit relieving, at least.

Minutoh
Yuri Yuri 2 discussion 29 Apr 15:26
Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Is Ema actually abusing Midori or something? It looks like Ema's stepping on Midori's foot in the last page which seems a bit ominous given how ominous the whole story is. I don't know if it's just symbolism or something though since no one has mentioned that yet lol.

Edit: Well, I got ninja'd. Still, I wonder what's happening here... I'd love to see a followup to this story where Midori actually rejects Ema.

last edited at Apr 29, 2020 3:27PM

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

I lost it when I read the title of this chapter

Do all of the chapters have titles? I completely missed this title, and, looking back at them, it doesn't appear that any of them aside from the kindergarten ones do.

Minutoh
Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

People who've read the My Next Life as a Villainess light novel, would y'all recommend the anime? I'm interested in watching the anime, but I vaguely recall someone saying that any possibility of yuri disappears partway through the series. According to briefly reading through good ol' TV Tropes, it seems that's true for one girl but not for the other two? I'm kinda hesitant to watch it since I'll probably be annoyed if it's not a yuri end, but, yeah, what'd y'all say?

Minutoh
Otaku Kimo discussion 25 Apr 17:54
Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

What is a decalog anyway? That's what I'm seeing in the top-right corner of Page 8, but I could be misreading it lol. At any rate, I agree with y'all; I loved the story, but I need more.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Another reason could be Kuro wanted Mochida to hear so she'll know she isn't interested in the math teacher at all and Mochida will confirm her woman loving interests and maybe that'll get all the other girls to stop bothering about their heterosexual love lives.

Right now, she's the most complicated person in the manga for me since I feel like I don't know enough about her to really determine her actions. She's drawn with the that look on her face but then she's all smiles and cuddly with Aya and the author hasn't depicted that face during those moments so I can't help but feel like maybe she isn't that bad?

That reason is definitely another valid one. I don't know though, I feel like she definitely is that bad heh. It seems to me that all her smiles and cuddly stuff are just more ways to manipulate Aya. Perhaps she's genuinely happy in some cases though like when Aya came over in the most recent chapter... or when she fucked with Haruki. I sure hope that she does legitimately fall for Aya at some point though.

I maintain that her reasoning is simple one though I failed to elaborate. Mochida probably wants to gossip about her love life and the juicy thing she learned at school. Her school seems full of stuck up girls so maybe she doesn't have that many friends there so she hasn't been able to share this interesting tidbit she's learned?

But if she's a master manipulator then the other reason could be that she's hoping Haruki will spread the gossip about Aya and Kuro and somehow reach their school. Or maybe she's fishing for information about what Haruki knows about Kuro and Aya so she can blab back to her own school that Kuro and Aya are indeed in a relationship (she only heard Kuro propositioning Aya so she doesn't know if Aya agreed or not?). In either of those scenarios, Kuro gets fired/is forced to quit so she can have math teacher all to herself. Though I doubt she's that masterful since she's having trouble getting the attention of one guy.

I'm curious how you think sharing helped her so far? Since it benefits her more if Aya and Kuro continue their relationship?

From how she’s been presented my take is just that it was typical teen goss combined with a bit of wanting to badmouth the woman her crush is crushing on to clear her nerves. I don’t really see Mochida being quite so manipulative; if she sabotages Sei it’ll likely be a decision she makes in the moment.

She really should just tell everyone about Kuro and get her fired... it seems that she's not really a bad person (or as bad as everyone else anyway), so perhaps she doesn't want to go quite that far. It seems that sharing this teen goss with Haruki hasn't really helped her yet, at least in a way that she could have predicted. I was thinking she was hoping that Haruki would support Aya and ensure that she stays in the relationship for longer, but it seems that is not the case. Mochida definitely doesn't seem manipulative based on what we've seen so far, but she's definitely been smiling evilly a lot, so I thought she was up to something.

I think it’s more or less in line with what we’ve seen of Sei up to this point. She stays seething in the closet in order to keep her livelihood intact, then engages in the most toxic sorts of relief to destress.

In this case, when Mochida tries to hold her sexuality over her head, Sei realizes that she essentially holds all of the power in that moment - they’re alone, Mochida is seen as a goof-off, and there’s a degree of sexual threat too - and decides to engage in some pretty juvenile one-upping. She’s basically flexing a “yeah, I am; who the fuck are you even going to tell?” It’s very in the vein of traditional abuser tactics, like a lot if Sei’s behavior.

So, she was just trying to fuck with Mochida, huh... that's certainly also a valid Kuro move given what she just did to Haruki. Her penchant for just fucking everyone over is so hilarious to me, honestly.

How did that rumor about Sei even start? Was she caught by one of her students on a date or did she date one of her students? Because if it's the latter, then she's probably not afraid of unemployment.

It seems like it's all just baseless rumors at this point since I recall the girls were saying in one of the earlier chapters that they thought Kuro was looking at them in a pervy way or whatever. It would be interesting if she did date someone before though I haven't really seen any indications of that yet.

On a side note, I thought that woman at the end of Chapter 5.5 was Aya until the end and I was like "Wait, since when was Aya a mangaka? And why is she named FLOWERCHILD now?" It was only at the end that I realized it was the real-life backstory for Warikitta (what shall we abbreviate this to, I wonder? WariKan? I don't quite know how these anime abbreviations work, but that seem similar to stuff like YagaKimi and whatever anyway).

Minutoh
Semelparous discussion 23 Apr 22:01
Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Do you want to fall into Hell with me?

That's definitely one of the best pickup lines I've heard.

I said before in the Each Other Guardians' forum page discussion thing that I was disappointed that most action yuri out there appears to be ecchi... and I will say it again here. At least we got stuff like Flip Flappers and Princess Principal in the interim though.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

There’s at least six reasons as to maybe (pure speculation at the moment until we really understand her character) why she did it. 1 is because maybe she was hoping Mochida would spread it to the math teacher and he’d stop bothering her. 2 is because my theory about self sabotaging is right and she wants Mochida to tell all the girls at the school so she’d get fired. Or 3, she’s hoping news will spread to a young impressionable lesbian/bisexual/bicurious girl. 4. Because she’s planting the seeds of yuri in Mochida’s mind so that she can prey on her when the whole thing with math teacher blows up in Mochida’s face, she’ll be there to pick up the pieces. 5, she’s curious about why Aya would reach out to her if she already had someone so she wanted to meet Aya’s someone. Or 6, Kuro just wants chaos.

I think it all depends on how f*cked up Kuro is.

I think Mochida’s reasoning is simple. She wants to gush about her love to someone and she can’t at school since all the other girls probably have a thing for math teacher as well.

I love that Kuro is so chaotic and unpredictable that any of these could be her actual motivation. She is clearly super fucked up though, so perhaps she's trying to do all of the above heh.

As for the Mochida's reasoning thing, I apologize for how unclear I was. I was actually asking why Mochida told Haruki about Aya and Kuro's relationship. She obviously wants Aya to stay with Kuro so she can hook up with the math teacher, but I'm struggling to understand why she thought that telling Haruki about their relationship would actually help her. I mean, it did, but I doubt that was her intention... or perhaps it was. Did she think that Haruki would support Aya's relationship with a creepy-ass teacher... I think any reasonable person would think that Haruki would instead want to stop that. I'm probably just overthinking this though; she was probably just seeing if Haruki thought Aya would stick with Kuro or just confiding in Haruki or something along those lines. It seems that everyone's scheming to some extent though, so I wouldn't be surprised if Mochida is too.

last edited at Apr 22, 2020 5:12PM

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

I don't know if this was asked before, but what exactly is Sei's goal in letting Mochida know she's gay and having a relationship with a high schooler? I don't really see how that helps her in any way, unless she somehow knew she would tell Haruki all about her relationship with Aya. Also, I'm not really sure why Mochida would want to tell Haruki all about the Aya and Kuro's relationship anyway... is she so deluded by her love for whatever that guy's name is that she thinks some random girl would be totally on board with her friend's student-teacher relationship or does she have some grand plan or something? Of course, I could just be missing something obvious.

last edited at Apr 22, 2020 5:14PM

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Don't skip any of it. This manga has a lot of characters and many of them show up briefly early on and get proper introductions later. There's a lot of stuff that happens early on that gets referenced all the time in later chapters. There are more callbacks in Watamote than anything else I've read. I totally understand the desire to skip to the "good stuff," but a lot of the best chapters of the manga are elevated by everything that comes before them. Characters and their relations to one another are very important.

There's also not legitimate yuri per se, but the amount of subtext is so intense that even explicit yuri doujins like this could fit easily into the canon of the manga. There is a (heavily implied) gay character, and Tomoko herself is so bisexual it hurts.

Go read Watamote on mangadex, and then come back and read this doujin. There are a lot of references in this that make it so much more wonderful when you've read the source material.

I always love a good callback, so it's good to hear that the callbacks in the chapters I've read of this thing are indicative of the actual manga. For this reason, I usually don't skip around, but... well, I just couldn't handle the cringe. That was years ago though, so I'm hoping that I'll like it more now. Also, I'm a bit disappointed to hear that the yuri isn't completely explicit, but I'm totally fine with incredibly intense subtext if it's anything like this.

dont skip it , like the other one said most of the things gets recalled later on in the manga and i think there is no other manga with a natural character growth like in watamote.
Its not the best manga out there but to me it feels unique in that matter as well as how you cant predict anything that will happen next , you expect cliche stuff common in anime & manga next chapter but then you get a surprise with something you never expected to happen in the series.

Ah, I also always love reading stuff with great character development and a unpredictable plot. I'm liking WataMote more and more based on all your feedback... and I haven't even read it yet heh.

For me, I found it easiest to do in small doses. One chapter/episode every few days. Maybe even once a week if it was that bad. Wait till you're in a mindset of actually wanting to know what's next. Over time, I felt like I was rooting for her more than cringing at her fail, and it became easier.

The other thing that might help is that the anime covers the manga really accurately, at least as far as it gets. So if you watched the episode pertaining to that chapter(s) you could skip reading those. It would depend how far you got. The anime covers the worst of the cringe too. I think it gets lighter as it goes on, even before the turning point. Or maybe I just got used to it..

I'm happy to hear that it at least gets lighter fairly quickly. I think that I got halfway through the series or somewhere along those lines on my first attempt, so I'll just have to get through the second half to get to the good stuff.

I'm also going to chime in and recommend reading starting from the beginning as if you skip the 70 odd chapters before the better content you really miss out on context and nice character development.

If you're content driven like me who can't read something for too long unless the content is really something you want to read it might help by blitzing through some of the cringey parts. Some chapter segments can be skimmed over easily without losing key info.

I typically have no issues reading stuff for too long, but this just tested my limits... I'll definitely keep that in mind then if any scenes get too cringey for me.

last edited at Apr 22, 2020 1:41AM

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

I don't normally read fanworks of stuff that I haven't watched/read, but I made an exception for this thing since I thought that it'd be fantasy or whatever based on the title and the cover... well, it looks that is sadly not the case.

At any rate, the first chapter was pretty good, and it makes me want to actually read the manga. I couldn't get through the anime years ago though since it made me cringe so much, and the thought of reading like 100 chapters or whatever sure is intimidating... would y'all recommend just skipping the earlier parts to get to the (I'd hope anyway) legitimate yuri as some have suggested? I know that I'd miss all the character development and all that, so that's the major reason why I don't want to go with that option...

Minutoh
Daily Smile discussion 21 Apr 01:13
Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

I never thought that I'd say this, but I actually miss Kodama Naoko's toxic stuff... I wonder if all her stuff got me into liking mutually toxic relationships... yeah, probably.

@misxellaneous What's that quote from anyhow? I looked it up and just saw a Spotify playlist and a Twitter post, so I assume it's from the Twitter post heh.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Well, while Neeko was reasonably relatable to me before, she ain't now since she is actually secretly competent...

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Well, ever since the translation was dropped, I was wondering "Just how bad can this be? It can't be that bad." Well, it sure was. It sure was... I normally enjoy the whole Homura-esque time-travelling plotline, but this made zero sense and also... the het lol.

Man I wish this hadn't ditched the setup of the first few chapters for the same lesbian time travel plot as everything else written in the last ten years.

How common is this kinda plotline? I've enjoyed it in both Madoka and Qualia (not quite as much here though), so I'd be happy to read more stuff like it. Then again, it might get pretty old if I read it too many times, but... well, these three things were very different stories, at least.