Forum › Posts by almond

joined Mar 5, 2016

why would she wonder what a wedding is but know what a wedding dress is? are they using some obscure word or alternative spelling in the original language?

joined Mar 5, 2016

I used to find futanari really off-putting, but vanilla stuff like this really gave me an appreciation for it. I think the most succinct way to put it is "yuri, but one of the girls just happens to have a dick."

It’s like fantasy trans lesbians but not really... well this story is actually pretty much 1:1 with regular trans lesbians.

The problem with most of the fictional trans lesbians I read is that somewhat the story went for a weird lust and dysphoria.

but Futa in japan isn't exactly trans though so...

The weird thing that has been keeping my mind is how Futa can cum, isn't cum require you know.. Test... well you know what I meant.
Also, Futa supposed to have both a vagina and penis. w.

the testices make the sperm cells, but the actual skeetjuice is made by iirc the prostate and the appropriately named seminal vesicles

joined Mar 5, 2016

"i do need something" aww...

joined Mar 5, 2016

rainbow8 posted:

"I want you to carve out my insides, as proof that you're my lover."

:screams:

Exactly. I find this lack of sex education much more putting off than the futa itself.

i think they're being more figurative than literal

not like there aren't oodles of works here that feature the idea of somehow "marking" a lover

joined Mar 5, 2016

some people are also just scared or fatalistic

joined Mar 5, 2016

This is so damn cute and sweet. It's also the kind of story that you can view from a trans perspective, though I know it's almost definitely not intended that way.

Early on, I wondered if Masaru was faking his denseness to some extent, but the way he questioned whether Kazu actually enjoyed being called cute made me think that he was being genuine. Then again, that could have been an excuse; maybe the real reason he wasn't calling Kazu cute was because the family vacation gave him time to think about the situation and realize what was really going on, which left him unsure exactly how to interact with Kazu. I'm probably overthinking it, though.

Eyes the large collection of gender bender manga Kazu has. totally normal cis thing to have as "guide material".

it is admittedly pretty funny to imagine that kazu is a cis dude who is just extremely obsessive about anything they develop an interest in and will go to incredibly lengths to delve into it

the kind of person who asks themselves "so wait, how long do you boil an egg for?" and ends up with nanosecond digital timers and coops of hens from five different breeds

almond
Image Comments 06 Apr 18:17
joined Mar 5, 2016
Eyalfgpu4amhnqs-orig

the teeth pattern on her hoodie matching up with the gills makes it look like her ribs are poking out through her back

joined Mar 5, 2016

Every good series on this website is such an "I wish that was me" mood,
which kind of makes me wonder why straight people would read yuri.

personally it's because dynasty scans gathers a large amount of interesting and funny stories. that most of them are gay doesn't really matter either way. if it's emotionally fulfilling it's emotionally fulfilling, you know? quality is more important than sexuality. i have no idea if there's a website for mainly straight romance that cares similarly about some kind of minimum quality level

personally i've also never felt a need to be represented in stories. or perhaps it's more that i don't particularly identify with any story? i mean, what, am i to identify with john mcclane? just because the character is a straight dude? so the main characters being women isn't an obstacle and them sometimes having concerns that i don't is also not an obstacle. most people have lives that i don't

joined Mar 5, 2016

april fools

almond
joined Mar 5, 2016

Can anyone explain the scene where Nacchan gets upset and ghosts her after Kyouko gives her her newest book? She's excited for her at first, but then visibly changes after Kyouko says that "that [the books] are all she has." They also flash to the books later on.

Is it because she took offense to Kyouko saying "they're all she has" but to Nacchan she's thinking "that's a lie because look at all the things you have that I dont?"

that, and if someone who is currently making a living off of being a published author tells you that it's no big deal because it's the only thing they have then... what even is your much more pedestrian job? you sell shoes. what the fuck kind of accomplishment is that compared to someone who's got the chops to be a published author? you don't design them or even make or repair them. you just hawk shoes someone else decided should be sold in your store. who's going to be impressed or interested in that?

joined Mar 5, 2016

that hoodie rules. these brats have no taste at all.

almond
joined Mar 5, 2016

nothing vague about the jealousy here.

everything that nacchan wants for herself, every little piece of jewellry that she falls in love with, is a better fit for kyouko who nacchan thought at first was just like her but... is prettier, fancier, more elegant and a more accomplished adult through being a published author

"she has everything i don't" isn't subtext, it's actual literal text. ruri also deals with feelings of inadequacy so it's a whole theme of the work.

joined Mar 5, 2016

Teehee why did I read that

for the same reason you put salty and sour candy in a variety pack

almond
Arknights! 26 Mar 20:21
joined Mar 5, 2016

i didn't have a lot of resources this time exactly but figured i might as well drop the few rolls i did have and got surtr on my third one

she's kind of an ass, little ol' sooty. certainly not assistant material

joined Mar 5, 2016

dang this is a spicy one

joined Mar 5, 2016

nice, she found the drug stash

almond
Image Comments 21 Mar 15:53
joined Mar 5, 2016
Eu8klh7voam7na_-orig

if they did pet play, would marine walk the plank?

joined Mar 5, 2016

I'm the only one here to find the death of the other maid stupid ? I mean, she got her neck impaled by her own cross necklace so not only the thing had to go behind her neck when she fall but had to be perfectly aligned with her neck and also be sharp enough to pierce though it. I know we talking about vampire so in term of realism, we're already out but come on.

it's symbolically god punishing her for her wickedness, for trying to take more than that which was given to her by god in her own words, and doing so ironically by puncturing her neck ass he had demanded the vampire do

possibly a bit over the top to include it in a comic that starts the way this does but criticising it for being unrealistic is the wrong way to view it

almond
Arknights! 19 Mar 14:48
joined Mar 5, 2016

my off-banner luck is both technically-not-bad-but-practically-actually-bad (all the unnecessary croissants) and also absolutely bonkers good (silverash, bagpipe, ifrit and now blaze) so overall i don't really have room to complain.

almond
Arknights! 19 Mar 13:39
joined Mar 5, 2016

i figured i'd roll for suzuran and angela because i didn't have them and they'd fill a pretty dang good spot in my roster. my guaranteed 5+er on the tenth roll was croissant. my third or fourth one iirc. that was pretty anticlimactic. she's not useless by any means but i'm plenty good on defenders and pushers alike

so i cashed in my magic rocks on the lvl 65 enhancement pack and purchased a ten-roll. it started out very promising with a rainbow explosion and as i scrolled through my new dudes it gets to the six-star and it's... blaze?? off-banner blaze. i was pretty surprised. then i get to the last operator and i'm raising my eyebrows when it too reveals six stars. it's suzuran. so i bought angela from the shop as well.

i have a lot of levelling and upgrading to do now. gonna take a while before i can use them to their proper and full potential but i certainly have goals now.

joined Mar 5, 2016

i feel like the central fantasy for the intended reader is for someone to forcibly break their repression? certainly there are more angles but that one seems obvious to me. so people who have spent some amount of time living in fear and uncertainty, feeling like they are nothing, until they finally dare to give in and the world just comes into focus for the first time probably get more out of it than the rest of us. sometimes people just wish they had gotten a kick in the ass.

almond
Omegaverse discussion 14 Mar 19:58
joined Mar 5, 2016

What is an omegaverse though

people are people but also some are "alphas" and some are "omegas". alphas are ultra horny and can impregnate anyone, omegas are ultra horny and submissive and can be knocked up by anyone. this is outside of the usual male/female thing so you got dudes getting pregnant.

big overlap with like werewolf fanfic or something, people go into heat and everything, also very big on incorporating characters from all sorts of shows.

it's odd taken as fiction but perfectly explicable when you realise it's just made to center a few kinks (mpreg, medically uncontrollable lust, domination/submission fex)

What the fuck

yes. it blew up for some reason. maybe it was just a matter of the right time and place for it? i guess all the supernatural fanfic writers needed to spice things up a little

almond
Omegaverse discussion 14 Mar 16:17
joined Mar 5, 2016

What is an omegaverse though

people are people but also some are "alphas" and some are "omegas". alphas are ultra horny and can impregnate anyone, omegas are ultra horny and submissive and can be knocked up by anyone. this is outside of the usual male/female thing so you got dudes getting pregnant.

big overlap with like werewolf fanfic or something, people go into heat and everything, also very big on incorporating characters from all sorts of shows.

it's odd taken as fiction but perfectly explicable when you realise it's just made to center a few kinks (mpreg, medically uncontrollable lust, domination/submission fex)

joined Mar 5, 2016

yuri thot

a yot

almond
Arknights! 26 Feb 09:31
joined Mar 5, 2016

i spent the ten-roll ticket because why not? and i got Flint, who is apparently brand new. seems pretty neat but not sure how i'm going to use her. i've kind of got a lot of dps dudes and need to figure out what the structure for teams is.