Forum › Posts by Random Reader

Random Reader
Image Comments 05 May 22:44
joined Nov 30, 2011
Ai000cg57iv41

Cloud: "This is the moment you have been training for "

Also we need a whole wingman Cloud series.

And definitely a hashtag wingmancloud

last edited at May 5, 2020 10:44PM

Random Reader
Image Comments 26 Apr 12:07
joined Nov 30, 2011
Ewiepahvaampkqj-orig

I really need to play this game -_-

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Pretty good movie tbh. The original British mini-series is also very good and worth watching as it has more details in it than the movie.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

It just dawned on me. A series where a manga writer is worshipped as a god, is Nishio Shiori maybe getting a little full of herself?

How dare you commit such sacrilege? Forgive them, Nishio-sama!

Oh no! Maybe you're right what happens if Nishio-sama smites all of yuri fandom for my trespass .
How do you do penance to a manga author god anyway? Maybe I'll have to accidently trip and fall on 5 girls inadvertantly grabbing their boobs. Then somehow become the hero of a mech battle despite having zero training or experience.

That only works for mostly hey romances/harems to be honest.

joined Nov 30, 2011

Kinda makes me want to reread Strawberry Shake.

Indeed!

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Ahh, the classic "throw a newbie right into the fire with absolutely zero training and then shame them when they inevitably screw up" routine. Even in manga, part time jobs are the worst.

Not just with part-time jobs, full time jobs can be pretty terrible too, if not worse.

Case in point, something like this happened to me at work. Got very little training for a new position for working out of class to cover a temporary vacancy. I had to deal with a completely new system put in place that was not there when the original person was working the position.

The previous person was moved onto a large project so I was covering. Then, because things were not going well (due to the new system and lack of training I received) the previous person was called in to help a little. After the issue was sorted and we had a debriefing meeting, they straight called me out in front of everyone, including management. "There were some 'inefficiencies' with the new system." Preceeded to say what I did wrong and where things didn't go as well they should have. Of course, they had no idea that I had brought those problems up honestly to management before because, I was undertrained and trying to help sort out the new system at the same time.

Then over the following weeks decided to "fix" things and send them in emails to everyone without talking to me about them first. And it was the wording and tone used as well. To say I was and am pissed is an understatement. Office politics can be a real b*tch.

Random Reader
Image Comments 14 Mar 23:15
joined Nov 30, 2011
Eswepinuuaa8yqn-orig

@Rptide01 - I thought the same thing! Btw, have you seen the new Zarya skin for the current archives event?

joined Nov 30, 2011

Oh, shit, it's Dagon. Quick, we need to call Cthulhu, a blue mage groupie, a swordsword, a perky necromancer, an alien cat, a senile white mage (or Santa), and a demon dragon. A skeleton hero is optional.

...I hate myself for recognising that reference.

Divinity Original Sin 2??

Random Reader
Image Comments 29 Feb 12:43
joined Nov 30, 2011
79772469_p0

Just spent all morning looking at their work. Umm... we definitely need more of it.

Random Reader
Image Comments 28 Feb 15:56
joined Nov 30, 2011
79567707_p1%20(1)

Would also recommend their Twitter if you cannot get into the Pixiv account. The art is there as well.

Random Reader
Image Comments 25 Feb 00:16
joined Nov 30, 2011
79567707_p1%20(1)

Great art. Would love to see more of it.

joined Nov 30, 2011

This manga about eating peaches sure does have a lot of lesbian subtext...

Pretty sure Lady Suiren has eaten Suzu more than once.

How can you have such a dirty mind?

Clearly they were just doing some wholesome handholding.

Indeed. They even cut their nails to hold hands without scratching each other.

joined Nov 30, 2011

Noting how often they have probably done this, I have to wonder what they use to fix the ceiling.

last edited at Feb 3, 2020 8:59PM

Random Reader
Image Comments 23 Jan 19:57
joined Nov 30, 2011
74335936_p0

..... seen weirder shit but... uhhh... confused shrug

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Not gonna lie, them using the video chat is what my partner and I did for long distance when they were in college. Fell asleep countless times together like that. Would wake up in the middle of the night, seeing then passed out or being told that they saw me passed out. Great times and really brings the relationship together even more. These two had better get together after that entire chapter. That is all I am saying!!

Random Reader
Their Story discussion 10 Jan 13:14
joined Nov 30, 2011

What apartment is this? Is it QT’s usual bedroom? Because SJ talks about being “home.”

(I know that’s not really an unusual idiom among close friends—“We were out and now we’re back home”—but I was wondering if this was one of those forward time skips to where the two of them live together.)

Bit of a time skip to when they are living together. If you look at the official art you can see scenes of them living together.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

What an unexpected surprise! But a very welcome one! So great to see these two again!

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Not really yuri manga (maybe closer to shoujo-ai??) but they both have a mostly female casts and mcs with good male side characters. They are, imho, the top slice of life mangas.

Aqua (the prequel) and Aria - Follow a teenage gondolier on Neo Venizia (terraformed Mars) as she goes on many adventures. Also has a great anime with a stellar soundtrack. It is one of the most relaxing stories to read and watch. I also ugly cried when it ended.

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou - One of the best slice of life mangas imho. One if my all time favorites to boot. It follows a female android running a remote cafe in very post-apocalypse Japan. Years and years after the apocalypse happened and people have reestablished some semblance of a society. It has an ova that you can find on youtube that also has a great, relaxing soundtrack.

I recommend reading both mangas while listening to the soundtracks.

last edited at Dec 20, 2019 2:14PM

joined Nov 30, 2011

Life feels meaningless at the moment

Heya Bubbleteabird. Life can definitely feel that way on occasion. I am currently working at an office job. Been here for 3 years and it is a serious test of motivation and endurance with a side of soul crushing monotony. There are so many days where I just do not have it in me to work. -_- .... of course it didn't help that I took no vacation days outside of holidays for 2 years straight!

But now I am. And I have found a way to manage and even got a promotion and adopted 2 cats! (They may be cute but... they are very devious!!)

Also as a random aside... I suspect I am not alone in the feeling that I cannot romance anyone in Outerworlds??

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

It did not feel to open to me. I felt like the final scene was oddly rushed.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Octave just wasn't for me tho... Not my cup of tea

Understandable, it can be heavier than most of the stuff here. I did love it myself, but even so it's not one of those I often re-read.

I love Octave but I have to read it sparingly as well.

I would also recommend Hakodate Youjin Buraichou Himegami Probably the best action Yuri on here (imho). The male characters never interfere in the romance of two main characters although I would say near the end is a pretty dark scene.

Other ones I can think of.... none atm. But I could recommend Aerial Magic. A webtoon but worth checking out.

Random Reader
Double Bed discussion 11 Dec 12:18
joined Nov 30, 2011

I need more laid back adult life yuri, where the characters reflect on their relationships in a healthy way. I've been reading too much drama.

Agreed! My favorite adult life yuri has been Collectors but nothing has come close since it has not had updates in a while here. Here is to hoping we will get something from Nakatani along those lines.

Also, a single is also pretty good. Lots of body contact and snuggles... can and does lead to many late night mischief.

last edited at Dec 11, 2019 12:19PM

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Wow this was unexpected! Definitely takes me back.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

So Nikaidou is actually a princess from hell, which is why her family owns stuff like "Purgatory Publishing". And she'll sentence that editor to suffer eternally.

You lost me there... how do we know Nikaidou's family owns that "Purgatory Publishing" company? It was mentioned before? Is Tadokoro trying to take advantage of her connections with the Nikaidou family (dating the heiress, no less) to get published?

As a princess from hell I would expect nothing less

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Monthly Hell Dark!! I am dead! Sounds like a publication from Berserk's universe.